Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick ] [DISCONTINUED]

image 1image 2image 3image 4

3.5

GLYCERYL TRIACETYL RICINOLEATE, OCTYLDODECANOL, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, POLYETHYLENE, OZOKERITE, KAOLIN, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, BARIUM SULFATE, BISABOLOL, STEARYL GLYCYRRHETINATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE, [ /- TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA]
Note: This Product has been reformulated under the name "Skin Foundation Stick"

Please find the new listing here:

on 1/21/2013 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This product didn't work out for me, considering I have combination/oily skin. It is very light and I do not recommend this to people who have oily skin.

on 1/20/2013 11:07:00 PM

When I first went to Sephora, I was looking for a good concealer and was persuaded towards purchasing the Bobbi Brown foundation stick in Warm Sand.

Overally, the packaging for the product is great, I have never had an accidents with its twist tube packaging and the lid has never came loose. I do travel with this quite a lot in an effort to finish it.

As an overall foundation, this isn't one I would recommend. Even when I do moisturize beforehand, I find that it still highlights any cracks in my skin and that's definitely not cute.

As a concealer, I do find myself grabbing for it often because the application is simple and it is a decent under eye concealer for me.

I will probably not repurchase due to its price and lack of versatility.

on 1/19/2013 5:09:00 PM

the packaging is great. and the colour range is great too.
but i found that no matter how i tried to apply this is just looked cakey and clearly visible on my skin. and for the price it just wasnt worth it i now just use it as a concealer to blank my lips out before lipstick. so it hasnt totally gone to waste it does do a good job under my lipstick

on 1/11/2013 7:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have always love Bobbi Brown's makeup, this foundation is easy to apply, the colour is perfect for my skin, the only thing I don't like is that is a little bit heavy I prefer to use it to cover my imperfections on top of my liquid foundation, works better with dry skin, I have normal skin and during the summer I meet a lot of powder to control the shine with this stick foundation, it's perfect for touch ups

on 12/31/2012 6:06:00 AM

I usually prefer wearing liquid foundations because I like more of a natural look. I used to think that stick foundations are too heavy but when I tried this foundation I was suprised and amazed from the natural, flattering look it gave me. I'm using this for a while now and my friends think I'm not wearing any makeup haha. First I apply my moisturizer, then I apply some primer (MUFE all mat, sometimes I skip this step) and finally I apply a few strikes of the foundation on my forehead, nose and cheeks, and blend with my cheeks. the result is great and I will definitely repurchase. It is quite pricey however it contains quite a lot of product- I'm only using very little each time.

on 12/25/2012 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Thick and cake-like finish. I wore this for 8 hours and the next few days my face was breaking out. Returned immediately. Color was also not right.

on 12/13/2012 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

My skin condition summary:
Oily T-zone
Acne-prone (clogged pores, whiteheads, cystic hormonal, PCOS)
Hyperpigmentation from past acne on cheeks and chin
Darker forehead and around mouth with slightly lighter cheeks
--------------------------------------------
Foundation Color references:
I'm a Pacific Islander and my skin color is olive/tan with yellow/golden undertones.
MAC - NC37 (NC40 in summer)
Bobbi Brown - foundations - Warm Natural 4.5
Bobbi Brown - Sheer Finish Pressed Powder - Warm Natural 6
Bobbi Brown - Bronzing Powder - Natural 1
Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua - B40 (B50 in summer)
YSL - Touche Eclat Foundation - BD50 (BD60 in summer)
------------------------------------------------------
I've been using the Bobbi Brown Foundation stick as a concealer over my foundation since I have a lot of acne hyperpigmentation on my cheeks and chin. In terms of coverage, it's pretty good. I like to move my finger over the top of the stick to get the formula to warm up and become spreadable. I then dab on the spots to blend and then set with translucent powder.

It's not HG for me but it's what I've been using for the past 2-3 years since Bobbi Brown's range of colors are so far the best matching for my skin. I find that if you use too much, it can look cakey in the day light. Once or twice I tried it as an all-over foundation and found it way too heavy like I was wearing a mask. I went from looking dewy to oily in less than an hour.

I have 1/4 of the stick left and I'm using this time to look for something better while I'm finishing it off.

on 11/12/2012 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I'm not thrilled with this. I find that I just can't blend it well: I've tried fingers, brushes, and sponges. I don't regularly wear proper foundation (only on days where I feel I need a little help), and my experience with this product isn't encouraging me to wear foundation more.

I mostly use it as a spot concealer (mostly on the sides of my nose). I'm not convinced by the staying power: I've tried topping it with the Laura Mercier setting powder, and I still feel like it rubs off after only a few hours.

On the plus side: the stick format is convenient for toting and reapplying (and per my experience, you will need to reapply).

I will not buy this again.

on 10/3/2012 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

I read really good reviews on this product and was tired of my makeup always looking ‘off’ color wise. For reference, I am nc50 in MAC and have a deep brown complexion with yellow undertones. I usually end up having to mix foundation (umm, who really wants to do that?) but I mostly end up wearing makeup that looks too red for my skin. Trying to cut back, I tried to find some cheaper makeup that would work, like Cover Girl Queen, Maybelline BB Cream and Maybelline Fit Me foundation all of which were a hot mess in different ways (I’ll review those separately). I read that BB has foundations geared towards yellow undertones so I decided to splurge for my birthday. I got blush in apricot (gorgeous!!!), BB Stick Foundation, and the tinted eye brightener both in 6.5 (warm almond). I also received a sample of the Skin Foundation and a sample of the tinted eye brightener/concealer since mine had to be shipped to me<<Then, I went to my sample of Skin Foundation . I applied it with used my regular concealer on dark spots then walked around and did other stuff without thinking too much about it. A few minutes later, I looked at myself in the mirror and knew it (the Skin Foundation) was a HIT and has now become my HG foundation. This stuff really gives you the look of airbrushed, perfect skin. My pores seemed to disappear, but they were not too bothersome in the first place. I have combination skin and only have to use 1 blotting paper during my entire 8 hour work shift.

So, I would definitely give BB a try! There are so many foundation formulas that you are sure to find one to suit you. Know your skin type, ask the MA questions and don’t be afraid to request for a sample. But budget-wise, the liquid foundations seem to be a better bang for your buck! I personally won’t give the stick foundation another try, but I’m looking forward to trying the Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer, creamy concealer, corrector and a few other things. I’m definitely a Bobbi Brown fan from now on!

on 9/27/2012 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Moved to tears, ok not really but in love :)

I have dry skin (I always start with this LOL) and always had smile lines (hereditary?), even when I was young (example: Blake Lively who is "young" for those lines) - anywho, I refuse to have some poison injected into my face b/c I'm 32 and want to look 23 again so I go through great lengths and try new products all the time to reduce their appearance. It's difficult b/c as you know, they are crease-like lines and product loves to build up in our lovely facial lines. THIS is amazing - it moisturized and didn't sink into the lines (no primer involved). I love the stick b/c I can dot it on (quite buildable), blend AND it comes in so many shades, you can totally find yours. It's certainly worth a sample at Sephora, you may be thrilled with the results. I'm obsessed with it :)