July 25, 2014 | 936 users online

Stick - Bobbi Brown - Foundation Stick

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2012 3:09:00 AM More reviews by mllemustard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not thrilled with this. I find that I just can't blend it well: I've tried fingers, brushes, and sponges. I don't regularly wear proper foundation (only on days where I feel I need a little help), and my experience with this product isn't encouraging me to wear foundation more.

I mostly use it as a spot concealer (mostly on the sides of my nose). I'm not convinced by the staying power: I've tried topping it with the Laura Mercier setting powder, and I still feel like it rubs off after only a few hours.

On the plus side: the stick format is convenient for toting and reapplying (and per my experience, you will need to reapply).

I will not buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Tashi09

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After I had been matched to Warm Sand and Sand (which were orange/ yellow on me), a new BB salesperson got me to try Cool Beige 3.25. That's just the kind of color name that scares me, because pink is not my "undertone," but I do have a lot of redness in my skin and am very afraid of turning pink or ashy. However, this turned out to be an okay match. The SA pointed out that it's actually a lighter shade than Sand, in spite of the number. I was semi-satisfied.

However, I went back to Sand when another rep assured me that Cool Beige was washing me out and that Sand would give me a more attractive glow. I think she's right. I don't find a perfect "match" in Bobbi Brown, but Sand is the right intensity and the decided yellow cancels out a lot of my redness, while letting me look alive.

When I tried Sephora's Color IQ, things got really strange. The device said I was 1R06, making Natural my Bobbi Brown shade. Which was ridiculous -- just no.

Weirdly, although my skin breaks out at the slightest excuse, I don't seem to have much of a problem with the stick formula. I prefer mineral makeup, but have been forced to admit that I need more coverage. This does the trick. Add a little Rose Pot Rouge and I look better than I have in years.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by sdrayt1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I read really good reviews on this product and was tired of my makeup always looking ‘off’ color wise. For reference, I am nc50 in MAC and have a deep brown complexion with yellow undertones. I usually end up having to mix foundation (umm, who really wants to do that?) but I mostly end up wearing makeup that looks too red for my skin. Trying to cut back, I tried to find some cheaper makeup that would work, like Cover Girl Queen, Maybelline BB Cream and Maybelline Fit Me foundation all of which were a hot mess in different ways (I’ll review those separately). I read that BB has foundations geared towards yellow undertones so I decided to splurge for my birthday. I got blush in apricot (gorgeous!!!), BB Stick Foundation, and the tinted eye brightener both in 6.5 (warm almond). I also received a sample of the Skin Foundation and a sample of the tinted eye brightener/concealer since mine had to be shipped to me<<Then, I went to my sample of Skin Foundation . I applied it with used my regular concealer on dark spots then walked around and did other stuff without thinking too much about it. A few minutes later, I looked at myself in the mirror and knew it (the Skin Foundation) was a HIT and has now become my HG foundation. This stuff really gives you the look of airbrushed, perfect skin. My pores seemed to disappear, but they were not too bothersome in the first place. I have combination skin and only have to use 1 blotting paper during my entire 8 hour work shift.

So, I would definitely give BB a try! There are so many foundation formulas that you are sure to find one to suit you. Know your skin type, ask the MA questions and don’t be afraid to request for a sample. But budget-wise, the liquid foundations seem to be a better bang for your buck! I personally won’t give the stick foundation another try, but I’m looking forward to trying the Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer, creamy concealer, corrector and a few other things. I’m definitely a Bobbi Brown fan from now on!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by JaanBlack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Moved to tears, ok not really but in love :)

I have dry skin (I always start with this LOL) and always had smile lines (hereditary?), even when I was young (example: Blake Lively who is "young" for those lines) - anywho, I refuse to have some poison injected into my face b/c I'm 32 and want to look 23 again so I go through great lengths and try new products all the time to reduce their appearance. It's difficult b/c as you know, they are crease-like lines and product loves to build up in our lovely facial lines. THIS is amazing - it moisturized and didn't sink into the lines (no primer involved). I love the stick b/c I can dot it on (quite buildable), blend AND it comes in so many shades, you can totally find yours. It's certainly worth a sample at Sephora, you may be thrilled with the results. I'm obsessed with it :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by missirresponsible

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product but not as a foundation for the entire face. It's perfect as a concealer to cover up any particular imperfections that require a thicker coverage. It's also perfect as a handbag foundation, for any touch-ups during the day or night where your normal foundation may have worn off. I would never use it over my entire face because it has quite a greasy feel to it, so with my oily skin it would just make my face look really shiny!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I still remember some 20 years ago when BB started to sell her wares in the dept. store, I was so excited that she claimed her fdn shades are yellow based. So when I was in Florida for holiday I dropped by the dept. store to check things out. The SA recommended this stick ...... its like putting butter on, I was much younger then and my skin was oilier, yet there is no coverage. Imagine my disappointment.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Grehjohrt

Even though this foundation is on the pricey side, I bought it because of the tidy packaging and color selection.
You'd think that this is a medium coverage foundation because of its creamy texture, but it goes on pretty light with a shiny finish (not in a good way in my opinion). I have a little bit of hyperpigmentation on my chin, and this does nothing to conceal it. Lasting power is bad -- max three hours on my skin.
I have since resorted to using this as an eyelid concealer, so it won't go to waste. Still, it creases even with an application of powder.
Very disappointing purchase...

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by luvmypolish

Yuck, this stuff is greasy and heavy feeling. I don't know who would like the way this feels on the face. GROSS

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by kimannpossible

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really dislike the texture/consistency of this. Just for background I have combo, yellow toned skin and breakout quite easily.

It felt greasy on my face! Even after warming the product between my fingers it just felt very thick and heavy. Needless to say I looked shiny after hour or two of this on. I used this more like a concealer because I can't imagine using it all over my face! Also not positive that this caused it but I did notice I was breaking out more frequently while using this.

One pro was that the creamy consistency made it a good undereye concealer. Actually did a really good job at covering up undereye darkness w/o looking dry or cakey.

Would only recommend this as an undereye concealer. Other than that there are only cons and for the price I would be better off just buying an actual concealer for undereyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2012 6:04:00 AM More reviews by haradar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I didn't like this foundation as much as I expected to. It is very heavy and oily and can't be worn without a powder over it. However I liked it as a concealer