September 22, 2014 | 1248 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Hannahwatt

One of the best foundations out there. Although the glass bottle is a bit of a pain! Great price great coverage!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2014 5:41:00 PM More reviews by hondurena89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm going to give the most honest review that I can about this foundation. For one it's not the worst foundation in the world If you are into high coverage. Someone that like less coverage should've tried the prolong wear. I used this foundation sometimes but not alot. I mostly wear my nyx concealer and mac powder foundation alone. But every now and again I'll bust out my fix Fluid. Why don't I use it everyday??? Because this is not an every day foundation like I have to hurry up in the morning in get out the door makeup. This foundation is high coverage and feels heavy. It's not light weight at all. It cost about 25 dollars with tax about 27. Okay, this foundation come in a glass bottle( no pump). Which is not right. Mac put pumps on this foundation people have been asking for years. I use the color nw43. I was originally matched with a nc50 but about 20 minutes after applying the foundation I would oxidize to like....4 colors darker then my skin. I hated studio fix and I couldn't see why people liked it. I decided to give it another shot and get the right color from a different mua at mac ( a wonderful male who knew more then the female mua). The mua at mac told me I was a nw43' bless his heart because he was right. That's when I saw what everyone else seen in this foundation. And honey this is what you call glamour makeup. I have dry skin but.. .I can use this because this foundation gets dewy and will not stay Matte. Weird because this foundation is suppose to suit those with oily skin. In contrary....with the fact that...it do stay matte in winter. Lol it's so not a summer foundation. It does oxidize do go a shade lighter. It does smell like a jar of chemicals. I have allergies but this foundation had not bothered me. Set set set this foundation with a powder because if you don't you Will be a oil slick. Don't apply to much either because you Will look gross. Alittle go along way. There's only one way for you to know if this is the foundation for you...go get a sample. For one, unlike drugstore products you can actually try a free sample. And if u go and buy it and dont like it as long as you keep the receipt and (or) the black mac box with the bar code, you can get your money back. Even if it's been used. Hope this gave insight.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by abbycreane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this because alot of people were ranting and raving on about it! I found after a few hours I'd look in the mirror and all my foundation was gone! it feels very thick on the skin aswell! I found for my oily skin it would make it feel more greasy! not happy with it and won't be buying again

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by zmarie100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am on the fence.
This foundation offers full coverage but isn't gloopy or thick which is nice. No offending smell, easily applied. (I've tried a few brushes and there hasn't been a problem. I love love love how this foundation looks on the skin after it has been applied.
Unfortunately it begins to fade at around 4 hours - rapidly. It just seems to evaporate off my cheeks and chin and gets scaly and cakey on my nose and forehead. I've tried with and without primer, I moisturize, and I have tried setting it with different amounts of powder. Nothing stops the fading. This ruins my whole face after a few hours and is a huuuuge problem.
Although I love it at it's best, the state on my face after a few short hours is just not worth it.

Additionally, if you're planning on buying this remember you have to buy the pump separately. I don't think this is an issue though as its one of the cheaper foundations mac do and you only need to buy one pump ever.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2014 5:14:00 PM More reviews by ravengerm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This was one of the worst foundations I have ever used. I bought it because one of my makeup guru friends raved about it, as did hundreds of other people online. But it was a total waste of money. Firstly, the packaging was not great. Glass bottles are not my favorite for the fairly obvious reason that you can't squeeze them to get the product out. You have the option of buying a $15 pump to attach to the top of the bottle but I thought that was silly so I didn't purchase it. Boy did I regret that decision. This foundation is so THICK that it's nearly impossible to get it out of the bottle once it's more than halfway gone without giving yourself whiplash from having to shake it so much. And then when the product does get to the top of the bottle, it ALL comes out of the huge top opening at once. Awful. But on to the makeup, I bought the lightest color (NC15) and it was still too dark for me and oxidized even darker once I put it on. This foundation is so thick and clogging that I might as well just rub a stick of room-temperature butter all over my face. The only good thing about this product was the amount of coverage it offered. You literally could not PAY me to go through another bottle of this awful foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by LogicGunn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

You know, this foundation is the Marmite of the cosmetic world. Whenever I discuss it with anyone, they either think it's the best foundation on the market or the worst thing since those sparkly my little pony palettes in the 80s.

I'm firmly in the latter camp. I wanted so badly to love this, but it is literally the the culmination of the worst points I've encountered in the foundation's I've ever used.

Let's start with the smell. Oh the smell. It's like wallpaper paste, paint, heavy duty tractor oil and talc all mixed up. And the texture? Not far off the same. Applied with a foundation brush it's a streaky mess. Applied with a sponge it slides right back off. Applied with hands it looks like a pre-school finger painting, and not in a cute way. I couldn't get an even finish no matter what implement, amount or yoga position I tried.

MAC colour matches are notorious at best, if you don't have extremely strong undertones it is tricky to get anything like skin tone, but I really feel that SFF is the worst of them all. There is no leeway for shade matching and if you are fair like me, forget it. I've tried the 15s, the 13s and the 10s in the NC's and NW's, and now I officially give up.

It's hard to admit defeat when so many people rave about a product, and I really do feel like I'm missing out somehow because so many say they get the most glorious finish with this foundation, but you are all either wizards or unicorns and sadly I'm a gremlin. I wish I had some sad tale of breaking out or drying out or oiling out as my excuse for my disdain, but I think the damn foundation is simply malicious.

And don't get me started on the pump situation because it's moot at this point.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by aliceprestidge

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my first Mac product and I love it. I purchased it from the Mac store in Covent Garden and the workers there was so nice! I told them that my skin is oilly and I want a high coverage foundation. They also tested diffrent shades. My fouration is a perfect colour match and last all day (even in this sweaty weather) it is a good price as you only have to use a small amount for a high coverage. I only gave its overall rating of 4 because 1 or 2 of my spots broke through but it stopped my red patches perfectly.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2014 8:38:00 AM More reviews by abikro

I am dealing with bad skin at the moment, so I bought this make up because I wanted something with full coverage. The coverage is really good, and my acne was hidden! But unfortunately - this make up makes me break out every time I use it. I even thought of using it for special occasions only, but even one day of wearing this makes me break out. I think it really clogs your pores, so if you have bad skin - I definitely wouldn't recommend this.
I switched to Clinique anti-blemish makeup, and even though it doesn't completely cover everything, and the overall look is a bit make-upy - it is really great for my skin and I am pleased.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by saem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has been my foundation of choice for years now, I've tried to breakaway from it and used NARS and even drugstore brand foundations. I love this product, I'm addicted. I love how easy it is to build the coverage you want. The color always blends nicely with my skin and it's great for summer and winter! (mostly dry winter if you live in Alberta, Canada like me). The only downside to this is that is smells like a plastic almost.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by icecream2487

Really disliked this foundation and will be sticking with my estee lauder double wear. I was badly matched to nc20 and the colour looked awful. However I could tell this foundation wouldnt be for me, I wouldn't say it is full coverage and it certainly didn't give me a flawless look. Smells awful too.