November 28, 2014 | 1956 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by harpreetsahi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very dry skin and so I am only able to use this foundation if I have prepared my face beforehand. I need to use a natural face scrub to get rid of as many dry patches as possible, use a ton of moisturizer and use a good quality primer. Sometimes I have to use a honey face mask too. If I was to apply this foundation without following the above routine I find it clings to every dry patch I have and makes my skin look disgusting. I therefore don't particularly recommend this foundation for those with very dry skin, but it is possible to make the foundation work. This product also feels very heavy on the skin and although it does not break me out my skin actually feels tired if I wear this foundation days in a row. Due to this fact I do not use this foundation on an everyday basis.

However, I adore the finish this foundation gives when applied properly. It makes my face look flawless and gives a better coverage than my other high-end foundations. When I have an important event I always find myself using this foundation and IMO the lasting power is superb.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by MLNx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

MAC Studio Fix Fluid & Studio Fix Compact NC20
MAC Prolong Wear Foundation NC25
Shiseido Perfect Refining Liquid Foundation O20 (O2O in all Shiseido face makeup)
GloMinerals Satin II Liquid Foundation
MAC Studio Careblend Powder Light Plus
L'Oreal True Match Liquid Foundation W2

I got macthed to an NC20 in this foundation and after seeing so many people say how great this foundation was on youtube, and the good coverage it has I decided to try it... to my surprise it didn't live up to the hype what so ever. I'm the second lightest shade in the 'warm' category and it is far too orange based. Not yellow. Orange. I've tried several different ways of applying this - from a flat top brush, RT stippling brush, RT Expert Face Brush, RT Buffing Brush to a beautyblender and still gives a disappointing result. The coverage is more of a medium that I personally don't think can be built because it appears to just get 'darker' after each layer you apply. I'm definitely warm toned, so when I applied this and even thought it was TOO orangey based I was surprised. I cannot get it to work for the life of me.. I've even tried mixing it with a lighter foundation to no avail as it just doesn't last on my skin what so ever, and I'm not even that oily having just got off my accutane course! A friend of mine who is of a darker complexion and has got very different skin to me (Normal) has even said she finds this foundation too orange for her complexion! The staying power is also quite poor with and without a primer. Everytime I try and give this foundation another go I always end up with a few new 'bumps' which then form into pimples which is odd especially since I rarely break out unless it's hormonal. To whoever this works for, I'm super glad it does and that you didn't waste your money! However, for me personally it just isn't worth the money or the time.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Telisha92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was told to buy this because it has great coverage, and I need something for my acne scars. I have very fair skin and I bought the lightest colour without trying to look like a china doll, and it still makes me look like a carrot. The coverage is ok, but really doesn't last very long. Even though I have dry skin, I can still feel it become oily after a few hours of wearing this. Also, it's expensive, and there's no pump for the bottle. What's that about?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 9:14:00 AM More reviews by harrietmm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have always had a few blemishes on my face throughout school and teenage years and lots of foundations have made my skin itch because of the perfume and I had lots of problems finding a decent light shade with other brands.
I love this foundation so much! Gives me good coverage without looking cakey (if you know how to apply it) and has never worsened my skin. It's long wearing so long as you set it with powder and I LOVE it. If you're one that likes foundations with hardly any coverage and you have perfect skin then this probably isn't the foundation for you, however it is perfect for me :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by cynthiamedeiros

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was really excited about this foundation when I bought it in Sephora... But the coverage is too intense, I didn't like it. I bought the color NC25 (which is not the right one for me, actually... It happens, I bought it at night, very tired, in a hurry...), and even though my skin is warm, the Fix Fluid has a very deep yellow shade. It's not natural, it clearly seems that you've put a lot of foundation in your skin... I dislike this effect, even though it's nice for parties at night and all that. But no, I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2014 1:15:00 AM More reviews by quynhnguyen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't like the scent of this foundation, though it really covers my skin well. That scent is quite annoying and I feel like it's still around me for nearly half an hour. The packaging is inconvenient also

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Eloiserose92

My go to foundation. I have combination skin and can have horrible break outs but this doesn't bother my skin at all. I strayed away for a while and tried a lot of high end foundations but I always come back to this one, it's just so easy to work! Once I finally realised I was NC and not NW (don't always listen to the mac girls ladies you know your skin the best) it just matches my skin perfectly. It pretty much lasts all day, just end up with a nice dewy finish. Couldn't live without this foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2014 6:33:00 AM More reviews by r3shma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I sampled this foundation for quite sometime before I actually purchased it and I must say I am very impressed. I am an NC40 and this foundation provides me medium to full coverage and also does not oxidise on my skin like most foundations do. I do set my T-zone with powder and it lasts me 8-9 hours which is pretty good. The only thing I don't like is the bottle. No pump! Seriously?!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by preetsaran

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this foundation with my beauty blender for quite some time. When I first began using it I had normal/combination skin and it worked quite well-It was my HG foundation! Unfortunately, my skin has started to become dry because of the dermatologist prescribed topical meds that I have been using and this foundation is a disaster for me now! No matter how much I exfoliate, moisturize, and prime beforehand this foundation always looks too cakey and noticeable. I would say give it a go if you want full coverage and have normal-oily skin, but stay away if your skin is dry! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by nicolam321

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have a love/hate relationship with studio fix fluid. I love how flawless it makes my skin look but after 3-4 hours I can see alot of oilyness coming through the foundation to the point where I feel like a greasy mess & its starts to wear off on me. That said, I have yet to find a foundation that doesn't make my skin oily, your basically putting product on your face so I can't really expect it to stay all day without oilyness. However I have gone through 6-7 bottles of studio fix fluid. I've tried other foundations & although they are good in their own way, they just dont beat the coverage & finish that studio fix gives me. A downside to this foundation is that it doesnt come with a pump which isn't fun when your trying to get product out of the bottle & end up using too much. All in all good product but I sometimes wonder If its really worth the money or If I could get a better drugstore foundation for cheaper.