April 19, 2014 | 851 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - Masterpiece Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2009 6:48:00 AM More reviews by abbyyyy

I use this mascara as my every day mascara and I love it. Goes on well, doesn't clump and doesn't make my sensitive eyes itchy or water at all. I have no complaints about this product at all - a good price, not too expensive and good quality for what you pay. I use the black/brown as I find it is more subtle and natural looking on my eyes - good for everyday wear.
No issues with anything. Pretty gold packaging is a plus. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 6:19:00 PM More reviews by sandrahackett29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i have spent lots of money on dior mascaras as i love them,,but they r so expensive i decided 2 buy a cheaper one for during the day&keep dior for goin out,,so bought this&i absolutly love it,so many people askd me was i wearing false lashes&it was 1/3 of the price,,love it&will def buy again,,

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2009 8:20:00 AM More reviews by mousie662

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product as my everyday mascara. I do not want to go to work with really heavy night time mascara and this is why I love this mascara it makes your lashes separated long and black with a nice light formula.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2009 3:01:00 PM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm sorry, but this stung my eyes and irritated my skin almost immediately after application. I have to say, I've learnt my lesson as far as trying to find cheap alternatives to the tried and tested mascaras I know work (for me, Clinique High Impact, Chanel Inimitable, Clinique Naturally Glossy, Benefit Bad Gal and Diorshow). Enough experimenting. This gets binned, I'm afraid. I'm disappointed!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2009 3:48:00 PM More reviews by iluvjellybabies

This was my HG mascara until I discovered GOSH Eyedeal mascara! Some people complain it doesn't build up your lashes enough but my lashes are naturally dark so that's not an issue for me. It takes a bit of getting used to due to the silicone brush (I've poked myself in the eye with the bristles a couple of times) but it's just the most perfect every day mascara you could find. It does not give the illusion of fake eye lashes, it's rather a natural look which is what I want anyway. I think people should at least try it once, I've tried the Masterpiece Max one but it clumped and flaked on me so I threw it in the bin :-). The reason I don't give it 5 lippies is that it dries out within a month so it ends up being very expensive in the long run. GOSH Eyedeal mascara is very similar but last longer so I've switched for now.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2009 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Delizzie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nothing really stands out for me with this product. I bought it on the back of some good reviews in a mag, tried it the 1st time and thought "meh". So it sat on my shelf for a good month or so before I picked it up again. No complaints with application, no lumps or clumps and the wand seems to work for me (looks more like a comb than a brush), I wear one layer on the outer lashes only so I'm not sure how it layers up but I will tell you this!...I got a few favourable comments the day I wore this out for the 1st time. The girl at MAC asked me what I was wearing and so did my friend, apparently my lashes looked xtra long and delightful that day, and that my friends is a good thing! I wish in the "would you by this product again?" field there was a "maybe" option for the more decision challenged members of this community like myself.
Edit: I have been using this for a month or so and have noticed that I lose a lot more eyelashes than usual when I remove my make up at the end of the day, 6 or 7 at least. I'm going to give this product a break for a while.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2009 12:46:00 PM More reviews by luvmejoice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because a friend uses this and I loved her lashes. I usually stick to my Maybelline mascaras (we are so compatible lol) but I was on a shopping spree and I thought why not.
First of all, I don't know how in the world a wand like that is ever going to volumise the lashes? I was expecting something much bigger. The bristles are short and spiky and tend to disappear underneath clumps of mascara! I've compared it with the wand of a lenghtening mascara and even THAT was bigger and fuller!
I have short lashes so it's very important that they don't clump to look like 3 giant spider legs. Well, that's exactly what this mascara does to them! They clump together at the first swipe!!!
I thought I was doing it wrong. I thought there was too much mascara left on those short spikes. So I tried wiping the excess off on the rim of the tube. Nothing. I thought that maybe it's still too liquid and runny because it's never been used. So I tried waving the wand for a few seconds. Nothing.
Then I used this mascara with a Maybelline wand and THEN my lashes looked thicker, even though I'm really not impressed with the Maybelline mascara (it's volum' express turbo boost).
Seriously, I thought Great Lash mascara was the worst I could ever try. Well it's finally found it's match! I absolutely hate this mascara! It also doesn't help that I accidentally bought the waterproof formula. It flakes all over my face (which never happens with other mascaras) and whenever I take it off I end up pulling 3 or 4 lashes out :( I am very disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2009 2:18:00 AM More reviews by PinkDiamante

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this mascara. is definitely a good lash definer and separator. good for weak lashes as it doesnt weigh them down. gives a natural look for everyday use. i heart it <3

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2009 8:13:00 PM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This smudged way too much for my liking and gave me spidery lashes by my second coat. At least the black was black.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2009 3:36:00 AM More reviews by wingedfrog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

A decent mascara. The brush was kind of a novelty to me, and seemed to do a good job of defining lashes - definitely not a good choice if you're looking for volume.
I've ended up using this brush as sort of a lash comb for after I use my usual mascara. I actually find it really excellent for this purpose, thanks to the spiky rubber bristled wand.