September 16, 2014 | 1429 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - Masterpiece Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2009 6:48:00 AM More reviews by holidaylover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

quite a disappointment really. =(
despite not clumping and giving me a wonderful natural look, 7 hours later i found a black smudge under my eyes!
the price is good and the mascara (waterproof) lengthens nicely and holds my curl so why oh why does it smudge??
i'm going to give it another shot though so hopefully....

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2009 8:56:00 AM More reviews by Xandrra

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A truly false lash effect, while it does not volumise, it looks incredibly natural. The brush might look disappointing, but lets not judge a book by its cover, i actually went and and cleaned a wand from my old favourite lengthening mascara (be warned! This might take quite some time and even more time cleaning off the cleaned off mascara off other surfaces!) but it didn't even stand close. The bristles might look short, but really its just because they're packed with the mascara. It helps them deliver maximum impact.
A definite buy again :D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2009 8:36:00 AM More reviews by aeresu

Bought this in rich black. It does make my lashes look longer and thicker without too much clumping. It doesn't smear very much which is great. It does, however, take the curl out of my lashes so I had to deduct points for that. I would buy this again though, if I cannot find anything better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by bellaspots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's so ooh la la, do let's keep quiet before too many newbies catch on....

Masterpiece mascara, what's to criticise? It's a beast. If my praise seems too forthcoming, trust me, I have reason. So onto specifics....

The price? Very purse-friendly (8 UK), check. Formula? Not too clumpy despite regular pumping action, a definite check. Range? The standard, plus a waterproof version. Colours? Basic, because who'd even want hot pink mascara? So check. And for the big question, the finish? Well, it coats evenly, thickens just enough, lengthens shamelessly, and separates like a dream, oh, a capital check. Lastly, packaging? Who cares? (See above checks)
Erm, yeah, that's about it. Criminally good, all that for a price we can all afford, what a rarity, gold dust stuff, really.

I hear you, but no, there's nothing more on offer. So don't expect any funny business. No promises of lash-conditioning, a curling formula (hence curlers recommended), or proteins to stimulate growth, just fluttery, fuller lashes for the lash-compromised like me. Removal is as simple as application too, always an important factor, but the waterproof version will require an industrial-strength remover.

If you've dumped a shameful number of cheap buys in disgust in the past (oh, what lady hasn't?), and held onto high-end mistakes in shameful regret, I think you'll understand just how amazing finding that magical one mascara will be, that will work hard for you for years and years like your favourite Tee. Boring but true.

Let's pray, oh do let's pray that the designer houses don't push Masterpiece off the radar with their fancy formulas that mightn't work or high-tech wand innovations, because I, like many of you I suspect, simply needs something non-faddy that works. Simply what could be worse though? It's be like a thunderclap, world's ending moment. For if mascara is your ultimate feel-good, desert-island and 'face the world' weapon, it'd be a life without morning caffeine, or Cadbury's chocolate. Oh perish the thought!

For lazy beauties who just can't get their fingers around fiddly false lashes, or that shy away from lash-dyes and shudder at lash-implants, or have zilch faith in lash-growth formulas such as Lash Food and one-a-day pills, this is the business: traditional lash makeup for everyday wear, even one to carry you breezily into evening because it's a subtle, natural look that's definitely not drag-queen territory. Compliments guaranteed, men will be charmed, women will wonder, 'tis really like that secret you really won't share despite how delighted that you've finally found it, the one....

But also, one big fat Boo! to advertisements that now so often trick and charm using falsies as lash inserts, but at least with Masterpiece, those spiky lashes are in one word: achievable, with just a lightening flick of the wand. Three seconds required, crazy huh? No lies, no false promises, no false hopes, now how masterful is that?

Oh, and as for the new Masterpiece Max version. Leave it, the difference is no more 'max-ed out' lashes. This is the original and the best.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2009 12:05:00 PM More reviews by DidgeridooYourNails

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I always try out new products just out of curiosity, but I have found myself returning to this mascara again and again. This really is my "go to" mascara since it does a wonderfull job of both lengthening and volumizing my lashes. It is totally wearable during the day, and dramatic enough for a night out. The wand is just the right size to get right into the roots of your lashes without smudging on the lid. Apply a couple of coats in the morning and you will not have to re-apply it after that. Go ahead and buy this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2009 6:48:00 AM More reviews by abbyyyy

I use this mascara as my every day mascara and I love it. Goes on well, doesn't clump and doesn't make my sensitive eyes itchy or water at all. I have no complaints about this product at all - a good price, not too expensive and good quality for what you pay. I use the black/brown as I find it is more subtle and natural looking on my eyes - good for everyday wear.
No issues with anything. Pretty gold packaging is a plus. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 6:19:00 PM More reviews by sandrahackett29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i have spent lots of money on dior mascaras as i love them,,but they r so expensive i decided 2 buy a cheaper one for during the day&keep dior for goin out,,so bought this&i absolutly love it,so many people askd me was i wearing false lashes&it was 1/3 of the price,,love it&will def buy again,,

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2009 8:20:00 AM More reviews by mousie662

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product as my everyday mascara. I do not want to go to work with really heavy night time mascara and this is why I love this mascara it makes your lashes separated long and black with a nice light formula.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2009 3:01:00 PM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm sorry, but this stung my eyes and irritated my skin almost immediately after application. I have to say, I've learnt my lesson as far as trying to find cheap alternatives to the tried and tested mascaras I know work (for me, Clinique High Impact, Chanel Inimitable, Clinique Naturally Glossy, Benefit Bad Gal and Diorshow). Enough experimenting. This gets binned, I'm afraid. I'm disappointed!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2009 3:48:00 PM More reviews by iluvjellybabies

This was my HG mascara until I discovered GOSH Eyedeal mascara! Some people complain it doesn't build up your lashes enough but my lashes are naturally dark so that's not an issue for me. It takes a bit of getting used to due to the silicone brush (I've poked myself in the eye with the bristles a couple of times) but it's just the most perfect every day mascara you could find. It does not give the illusion of fake eye lashes, it's rather a natural look which is what I want anyway. I think people should at least try it once, I've tried the Masterpiece Max one but it clumped and flaked on me so I threw it in the bin :-). The reason I don't give it 5 lippies is that it dries out within a month so it ends up being very expensive in the long run. GOSH Eyedeal mascara is very similar but last longer so I've switched for now.