MAC Sheertone Shimmer - Springsheen

4.5

on 8/1/2011 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

If I could only have one blush for the rest of my life...It would be this one.

I use it everyday and take it when I travel.

The thing I love about it is that it doubles up as a blush & a bronzer- the blush is the peachy color and the bronzer is the slight shimmer/bronzy colour.

I sweep this over my face and it just instanlty makes me look glowing and fresh.

LOVE, I will forever repurchase.

on 7/30/2011 4:17:00 PM

Favorite blush! Very pigmented! I'm a MAC C4 and it gives my cheeks a nice little glow without looking like I have a lot of blush on. Perfect for the summer!

on 7/25/2011 7:10:00 AM

This was my first MAC blush and I love it. I'm nc 20 and it gives me really nice glow. It is very pigmented so I have to be careful with it.I don't want to look like shiny clown. But when I put little amount of it I really love that peachy pink shine. It is my go to summer blush.

on 7/24/2011 3:59:00 PM

This is such a great spring/summer blush. the shimmer and bright colour are playful and fun. I wear it alone applied with a MAC168 or with Benefit Hoola as a contour and Benefit High Beam as a high light. It makes my cheek bones appear more prominent and gives me a dewy glow. The colour is a little similar to NARS orgasm but not so bright. I actually prefer Springsheen because not only is it cheaper but I find that the colour is more prominent on my cheeks than orgasm however I love both.
definitely a must have for most skin tones

on 7/3/2011 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This was one of my first mac blushes and i have to say i love it, its a lovely pink blush with a gold sheen. Im Nc15 and its very flattering on my skin tone. i have actually found a brilliant dupe for this and its sleeks rose gold i have both and they are pretty much identically only sleeks is more pigmented which is brilliant but if you like a more subtle glow i would still go with Springsheen

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I prefer this blush much more than MAC Margin. It's a beautiful peachy blush with just a tiny hint of shimmer. The color isn't too over the top for my fair skin (NW20).

on 6/21/2011 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Springsheen was the first blush that I had ever bought from MAC back In late 2009. Since then I have accumulated more MAC blushes (8, I believe) but springsheen has remained one of my all-time favourites!! Its a very pretty orangey/ pink color with alot of finely milled golden shimmer. Not sure what people mean by peachy/pink- because springsheen has NO peach in it. Regardless, it looks very beautiful on my nc 30 skin tone. In general I love MAC's blushes- I love the different textures and finishes they make, but my favourite finish has to be sheertone shimmer finishes - which is the finish sprinsheen falls under. This texture can be misleading because it may lead people to believe that blushes with this finish are sheer and buildable- but this is not the case! Springsheen is very pigmented- maybe not as pigmented as say plum foolery and dollymix but still considerably pigmented.... It's easy to overdo. Having said that, it is easy to work with because its not pigmented in the sense that you must hastily tap your brush to the surface to avoid getting heaps of product- rather it's pigmented in the sense that you don't have to keep building and building the product to get a proper colour payof. All you need to do is sweep your brush once acrosd the product and you've got enough on there to get a proper non- blotchy colour. Also the shimmer in this blush is very finely milled, so it looks beautiful when the sun hits it. This blush is a great pick for those who have not yet tried a MAC blush and want to get stared. It's a colour that will suit many and is easy to work with - even though it is fairly pigmented.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is my first MAC blush. The makeup assistant at my local MAC counter (the one at Tampines Mall Isetan--the MAC makeup assistants there are super unfriendly, go to the one at city area instead if you live in Singapore) was so unfriendly and she wasn't even sincere in helping me at all but bad service aside, Springsheen is still a good product and MAC is still a good brand (for blushes and eyeshadows IMHO).

I don't have NARS Orgasm so I cannot compare it with Springsheen, but let me tell you, Springsheen is such a perfect colour for spring. It is a peachy-pink blush with gorgeous gold shimmer, and brightens up my NC25-30 skintone perfectly. It turns out to be a little more pinkish on my skintone...I wanted it to be a little more peachy but it's okay.

Springsheen is a Sheertone Shimmer blush, so do not expect it to have superb lasting power. Its longevity is 5-6 hours and I might have to light reapply it if I'm going to be out the whole day. FYI, I perspire a lot in this sweltering tropical climate but I still have a hint of colour and some shimmer after running about.

If I do ever run out of Springsheen, I will repurchase, but seeing the amount of product I get in a pan, I do not think that will happen in the near future!

on 4/27/2011 1:03:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

My all time favorite blush!

on 4/23/2011 12:42:00 PM

Another fantastic MAC blush in the peachy pink family. I like that it has some soft shimmer that doesn't look over done or frosty that departs a really nice glow to my face.

Popular Blush Products