December 22, 2014 | 1779 users online

Loose Powders - L'Oreal - Translucide Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2009 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my new HG powder. I loved MAC's loose powder, but when I went through a container of it in less than six months, I realized that it didn't hold very much powder for the price. I only use powder once, in the morning to set my makeup, so I was very disappointed at how quickly I ran out. I tried Translucide because of the MUA reviews and I'm definitely impressed. This powder imparts a sheer luminosity that makes your skin look radiant and pretty. Also, this powder is half the price of MAC's and contains almost twice as much product. I was using MAC's NC 20 and I bought the Light in Translucide and the color match is good.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2008 10:13:00 PM More reviews by LCC

I really love this powder. I've always used loose powder but never this brand. I was afraid, at first, about the "illuminating" claim -- I didn't want a shimmer. but this is wonderful. The powder is finely milled and it truly does seem to brighten my whole appearance without shimmer -- "illuminating" really fits!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2008 6:18:00 AM More reviews by BlissBubble

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great loose powder, lasts the entire day and gives the face a nice glow. I dont use the puff provided, i use a micro-fibre powder brush. Very happy with the results- obviously having dark skin means i chose the appropriate colour powder and so far as long as i use the correct base liquid foundation i am stoked with the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2008 11:15:00 AM More reviews by lovewaxberry

I got this powder in medium (mac nc30) after liking all the l'oreal base makeup that they have and reading the reviews here. It claims to have vitamin-C in it, don't believe it, VC is the most degradable vitamin there is, u cut a orange and by the time it reaches your mouth half of the vc is gone, manufacturers put preservatives in juices trying to maintain the vc.
Anyways, first when I opened it there's fragrance (imagine benefit's you rebel tinted moisturizer), there's a slight smell of old fashioned makeup which I hate. I took picture of it and wanted to put it up for swap. On the next day, I decided to try it anyways, and wow, it set my makeup very well without caking the foundation, and there's a smooth feeling to my face after I applied it. The powder itself is pretty yellow based, and that makes the acne scars and the redness around my nose became less obvious. I don't see the luminous part yet because my face and the foundation I use is pretty dewy by itself, but to my liking it's not a plain matte powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2008 1:01:00 AM More reviews by msgrape

This is the best loose powder I have ever used. It does make your skin look luminous. It never cakes and never changes color. I purchased both Translucent and light and mix them together to get the perfect color match for me. It is hard to find, I think only my Walgreens sells this. It sells for $10 and really last a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2008 8:11:00 PM More reviews by maidenofstarfire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I loooooove this loose powder. It controls my shiny forehead and nose. It doesn't look cakey or powdery when I apply it after my foundation, or even during touch ups. It actually makes my skin glowy and luminescent. I get a little sad when I'm opening it up for a touch up and powder blows around, but I'm careful because this is a powder to go through anything for.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2008 3:13:00 AM More reviews by PinkHydrangea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is hands-down the best loose powder I have ever used. It blends in perfectly and makes my skin look flawless. For best results, I apply it with a large brush-the pad that comes with it makes it go on too heavily. It doesn't upset my very sensitive skin, and lasts all day. I stock up on it everytime there is a sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2008 5:19:00 AM More reviews by kimbathewhitelion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was looking for an cheaper alternative to my usual Prescriptives Custom blend Loose Powder. Looked good once applied but after about half an hour my eyes started itching and watering and got worse and worse and worse. I have had such a severe reaction to a cosmetic product! So complete waste of money for me. Back to the drawing board, will be sticking to Talc based powders from now on!

Edited 27/07/08: Ok, I have discovered that the before mentioned allergic reaction was not due to the powder..........I was at the shope a week later without the translucide powder applied and had the same reaction. After process of elimination turns out t was my blactrack fuidline that is nearing the end of it's life, but that is a different story...

So back to this product: I have now been using again for a few months and overall I quite like it. When you put it on it does smell quite synthetic (main product is nylon-12) but once applied the finish is matte yet natural and lasts most of the day. It is truly translucent, will not darken or lighten your chosen foundation shade. I apply with a large velour puff (roll and press motion) and then dust off the excess with a large powder brush. And I looked up the MSDS for nylon-12 at work and despite the off-putting smell, it is not toxic and very safe for use (comparable to talc, corn starch, kaolin ect).
So overall, I would recommend. As it is so translucent it suits a wide range of skintones, provides a natural, long-lasting and matte finish, and is reasonably priced.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2008 8:41:00 PM More reviews by jazmina94

I love this loose powder! I have it in translucent, because didn't want to both and buy a new powder when my skin color changes. (note i get tan REALLY dark in the summer). It's perfect, does not look powdery! The puff is okay, but eh I probably won't use it to apply powder. I usually apply it with a brush and use the puff to pat it in. Love it so far will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2008 11:58:00 AM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent loose powder. I have this in the light, medium and deep shades. The powder is so sheer that I can use the light and medium inter-changeably without a noticeable difference on my winter skin. I use the medium as a finishing powder when I want my natural skin colour to shine through, and deep whenever I need to match up my much paler face to the rest of my body (especially since I've paled considerably since using Retin-A and hydroquinone).

The texture is lovely - very fine and soft. There are super, superfine micro-glitter in the powder, but the specks aren't discernible once applied. I avoid anything shimmery or glittery like the plague, but I don't notice the micro-particles at all on my skin and I suppose this is what helps lift the powder from appearing completely flat. I like my skin to not look dry or made-up and I like that when I use this, my skin doesn't look like I've powdered it at all. I think this is comparable to most high-end powders. The packaging could be improved as it's too bulky and messy to carry around. If you take this anywhere, powder will end up everywhere once you unscrew the cap so don't completely peel off the plastic cover over the holes. I don't use the accompanying puff as this is better applied with a brush. This would be great if they also made it in a pressed version.