October 23, 2014 | 1085 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Strawberry Body Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Chlox19

love love love this! It smells abs beautiful, the smell lingers on your skin for hours and hours which i love :) VERY moisturizing (okay so my skin isnt naturally dry its just normal!), a little bit pricey but you do get quite alot of product & everything in the body shop is excellent quality :) It is however quite heavily scented so if you have sensitive skin this may be a no go. Keep a look out on the body shop website as they've had some great offers on recently! Will definately keep repurchasing. The strawberry scrub and shower gel are also lovely :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2011 6:46:00 PM More reviews by MissJulie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I picked up a $5 travel size of this and woo! This body butter is great. It's summer and it still doesn't make me too greasy, so I can't wait to see how awesome it is in the winter when the inevitable dryness and itchiness come along.
In terms of the smell, the strawberry fragrance is juicy and delicious. The strength of the fragrance is the only reason why I took off one lippie- it can be a bit much with initial application, but other than that, it's yuuummyy. Tubs worry me with sanitation, but I'm not really bothered by it.
This body butter definitely opened the door to body butters in general for me. I can't wait to check out more fragrances from The Body Shop!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 4:07:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I love using this in Winter when my skin is at its driest. During Summer, it's far too greasy for me. You only need the smallest amount to cover a large area and the formula is very creamy, absorbing easily into my skin. Good for elbows, knees and heels where skin is usually the driest for me. Has a strong sweet scent that may be a little over-whelming for some, but the scent lasts quite well after you apply it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 7:56:00 PM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have the smaller tub of this one, and it has lasted me a LONG time!
It was $6 canadian dollars. the smell, at first when i smelt it, it was like Kapow! strong. But when you rub it in the smell goes away a bit so its alot better. I dont use this on my face, i find it way to heavy. but when i get out of the shower after shaving, this oftens up my legs nicely! will be rebuying!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by cherryellie

This was the best moisturizer ever. And the smell -= ♥ !
Mine got stolen at school though. I cried.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by monishagohil

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Reading these reviews I have noticed maybe why some may dislike the smell as it has been referred to as 'fake plastic strawberry scent ' . I for one really love the smell of this , it gives off a lovely strawberry scent even though it does smell half like a plastic strawberry. I always get compliments when wearing this lotion and it does help moisturise my dry skin a lot. Two main disappointing things I did notice about this cream is that it warm weather the lotion melts , it is still usable but it does melt and loses it's cream like texture and become more like a runny lotion. Another thing I realised is when I am wearing this lotion , my skin feels a little sticky until it completely sinks in. Nevertheless this cream/lotion doesn't have too bad downfalls , has a lovely scent , is moisturising and not too pricey for the amount of product you actually get. I would recommend this and o also would buy it again :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 5:14:00 PM More reviews by lily0421

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've bought this product so many times :) It has a young, fresh scent and keeps my dry skin moisturized. I have really sensitive skin and this was really delicate on it, I recommend it to anyone! <3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2011 5:24:00 AM More reviews by alee26

I finally finished this tub. Not sure if I would go and buy another strawberry one since I want to try out other scents. As for moisturizing, it does a pretty good job. My legs especially get rather dry in Winter and after I shave so something like this which is quite rich does wonders. I feel like it absorbs fairly well provided you use a small amount. Too much and it can come off feeling too greasy. Also good for elbows and dry heels! Smells incredible too. A little pricey where I live but one tub has lasted me forever!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2011 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Summerbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this smells exactly like strawberry candy not exactly fresh strawberries as i was hoping for but nevertheless it does the job well and i can still smell the scent on myself about 20mins later which is great seeing as it smells like heaven!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love the body butters from The Body Shop but this one is just okay. I have used it couple of times (from sample) but I did not like it as much. I will not buy this one.