April 21, 2014 | 1040 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Strawberry Body Butter

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2011 5:24:00 AM More reviews by alee26

I finally finished this tub. Not sure if I would go and buy another strawberry one since I want to try out other scents. As for moisturizing, it does a pretty good job. My legs especially get rather dry in Winter and after I shave so something like this which is quite rich does wonders. I feel like it absorbs fairly well provided you use a small amount. Too much and it can come off feeling too greasy. Also good for elbows and dry heels! Smells incredible too. A little pricey where I live but one tub has lasted me forever!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2011 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Summerbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this smells exactly like strawberry candy not exactly fresh strawberries as i was hoping for but nevertheless it does the job well and i can still smell the scent on myself about 20mins later which is great seeing as it smells like heaven!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love the body butters from The Body Shop but this one is just okay. I have used it couple of times (from sample) but I did not like it as much. I will not buy this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2011 1:42:00 AM More reviews by shukufuku

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Mmmm I love strawberries, so I couldn't help but to purchase this body butter as soon as the Body Shop had one of those 50%-off-everything-in-the-bag sales. At the time, body butters were still $20 but I think $10 was reasonable enough for me to indulge myself!

The texture is pretty thick at first, but feels more whipped and softens quickly in your hands. This one doesn't feel as greasy as some of the others as it's meant for people with normal skin, or doesn't need intense moisturizing. I have very dry skin but I bought it for the scent alone. It absorbs quickly and doesn't leave my skin feeling oily or sticky.

The scent.... is very sweet, so I know it's not for everyone. Not sweet in the fake candy or ice cream smelling strawberry sweet that I don't like, but more like very ripe fresh strawberries. I avoid wearing this all over when I go out because it's pretty strong and lasts for quite some time, transferring easily onto things in direct contact with your skin and not everyone appreciates the scent. Instead I use it right before bed and I wake up with pajamas smelling like strawberries.

Edit: As of Aug 2011, I have decided to cut the amount of products I have with parabens and products with "fragrance" listed in the ingredients. I am sad to say I will not be repurchasing this (even though I love the smell!) after I am finished with my current tub. Hopefully, the Body Shop will decide to eliminate parabens and some other chemicals from future formulas so I can embrace their yummy products again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2011 11:26:00 PM More reviews by marticica888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love the texture, but not this particular scent. It reminds me alot of the cheap lotions i used to have back in junior high, lol. After it sinks in the scent becomes more subtle, and more bearable. It has a wonderful whipped texture to it, and it sinks in immediately leaving no greasy residue behind, just nice supple skin. Again, there are other scents I prefer but some of the textures can be heavier or lighter, but this one is perfect.
The packaging, standard body shop tub container, is good for body butters because you dont have to sit there and squeeze a tube with both of your hands to get the product out (since butters are thicker). I dont mind having to dip my hands or use a spatula with it.
Overall, i will use up what i have and probably wont repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by DiaryofaDyme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This body butter is as good as it gets! First off, the smell- durable and sweet- it may be a little too syrupy for some, but after a while, it just fades into a hint of fresh strawberry. Also, the moisturizing it gives is DIVINE! You can def. feel the strong shea butter concentration. It's extremely thick- just thick enough to penetrate my(sometimes dry) skin, moisturizing and nourishing it completely, leaving a bit of a 'glow' on top. Just one use lasts at least a good week, and leaves you and your surroundings smelling delicious. If it wasn't for the off putting high price, this would my one and only, but as it is, I must sadly alternate w/ this and a slightly less thick and delicious smelling 5$ version...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2011 3:19:00 AM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

This along with another body lotion was my first purchases from the body shop and Im very happy with my products. I got the one that's in 1.7 tub and it cost me 6$ smells a lot like strawberry pez and I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by jeckapah

Friendly product! :D I use the puree body lotion from Strawberry range before, then I try for the body butter.
I prefer the body lotion's smell, because it's sweeter and candy-like. But the body butter has nice aroma too! It's sweet and fresh!

It gives moisture on skin, but you have to apply as soon as possible after bath/shower, so it will absorb well into your skin. If not, I usually feel greasy for a moment. :(

I believe it works great in winter or dry environment. :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by zoeferret

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My favorite fruity body butter. The smell is a artifical strawberry but I love it. It reminds me of Strawberry Shortcake Dolls but stronger. I like to layer this with a vanilla perfume, then it smells like strawberry vanilla ice cream. The body butter is very rich and creamy, a little goes a long way. If it feels greasy, you may have used too much. I think it's a bit spendy at $16 for a large tub but The Body Shop always has sales, so you can often get it for less.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2011 3:36:00 AM More reviews by cablamb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like texture and the consistency of this Body Butter but out of all The Body Shop Body Butters I have tried this is the only one where it's scent was not natural to me.
I am a fan of strawberry scents but I was hoping this Body Butter would of had that natural Strawberry punnet smell; it's a bit artificial.