October 31, 2014 | 792 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - All Pigment Powders

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2006 8:58:00 PM More reviews by chackofied

I've been hearing great reviews about MAC's pigments so i decided to give it a shot. They don't come cheap but the quantity is huge and they can probably last a lifetime so it's better to just get samples of them or share with a friend.The colours are nice to look at but when it comes to application, it can get a little messy. They drop all over my eyelashes and my face. But because i love the colours, i treat it as though i purposely applied glitter on my face.But with cheaper alternatives and bigger varities of colours coming up from mineral makeup, i won't buy MAC pigments unless i really like the colour. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2006 6:29:00 PM More reviews by femme_mystique

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like them but they are somewhat overrated IMO.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2006 10:04:00 AM More reviews by WhisperInAutumn

First off, I own over 30 pots of pigment, so don't think I'm reviewing a particular color. Overall, I wish I would have saved my money. At first, I was entranced. I thought it was love. Now I know I was just pulled into the MAC vortex. They're messy, and they spill everywhere. They fall on your cheeks, which can get really annoying if you're using dark colors. Even though the color selection isn't as vast, save a little more money and invest in some NARS. Hell, even Lancome rivals the pigment intensity of the MAC pigments. If you don't want to chunk your colors but want some more intensity, buy the mixing medium (water based for eyes or alcohol for body.)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2006 1:50:00 AM More reviews by cassandrakfreaq

I have 25 pigments...I COULD NOT imagine life without them now....they are the greatest thing ever

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2006 10:46:00 PM More reviews by MakeupISart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm in L.O.V.E!!!! They are gorgeous and even more gorgeous applied with a wet brush. They make my eyes stand out and are so amazing..they just add so much more to e/s and make your eyes look amazing..every time I wear one at least 1 person ask what I'm wearing. The only downside is the packaging, its a disaster waiting to happen. O well, that wont affect the rating but seriously, if you havent tried at least one, you don't know what you're missing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2006 10:32:00 AM More reviews by nessiecon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am an eyeshadow lover so I think these are GREAT. Use them with the mixing medium for intense colour. Would advise that if you are not a big eyeshadow person that you ask one of the MAC people to show you how to use them as if used wrong they could look terrible.
Con:
The container - very easy to spill the lot of it down the bathroom sink!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2006 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Fabfame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a couple of pigment samples in the 5g jars. I cannot inagine ever getting to the bottom of one of the full size jars so this is a great way for me to try colours I like. I have Teal, Old Gold, Olive Green, Rose, Maroon, Blue Brown, Green Brown, Tan and Chocolate Brown. They are all very flattering on my NW45/NC50 skintone. They can be very messy to use but I find applying them with the MAC 231 brush makes application and blending a lot easier.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2006 1:01:00 AM More reviews by LaurieAnne

I'm a MAC pigment fanatic. I use them mostly for eyeshadows and highlighters, but there are also a few great shades for blushes and lips too. These have the purest, brightest, most blendable, silky textures in the world. They come in every texture imaginable... like matte, frost, shimmer, etc, and every color you could ever want, from muted to ultra bright. These are amazing, and a jar will last you a lifetime.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2006 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Dragun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just wanted to add, after reading a few of the reveiws here, a couple of tips. First, put your foundation on AFTER you've applied pigment to your eyes. This prevents the shimmer/color from showing up on your cheeks. Second, use an eyeshadow primer, this will help pigments stick. Third, get some small 5 gram containers (available inexpensively on ebay and in some crafts stores) and transfer a bit of your favorite pigments to them so you don't run the risk of spilling an entire container. Bonus: With the smaller 5gram jars, you can swap away some pigment for wanted items and stilll have plenty left! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2006 9:12:00 PM More reviews by bethainy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have samples of many MAC pigments and I really like them! They are a little bit messy and they sometimes irritate my eyes if I have them on too long, but other than that they are great. Super easy to blend and you don't need much for an intense wash of color!