April 16, 2014 | 939 users online

Masks - Oatmeal

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 2:45:00 AM More reviews by Cmitz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been struggling with acne since I was 16 off and on I am now 22. In high school it was just the once a month flare ups, but after high school my skin got worse. 1 month I would be clear the next I would have tons of pimples. I used to only breakout on my chin and around my mouth. But ever since January 2012 I've been breaking out on my cheeks jaw line forhead...EVERYWHERE! I have used everything, maybe product overload, changing products made it worse etc. I have spent sooo much time and money trying all kinds of skincare and makeup and birth control....nothing worked. Until oatmeal...my saviour!! Now to just find makeup that works for me ughh.
I bought Bob Red Mills Wheat Free Dairy Free Oatmeal 8$
It doesn't make me break out, its so cheap, will last me months, can be used as a cleanser and mask, completely gets rid of redness, slowly helping acne scars fade, current pimples i do have are getting smaller and smaller everyday, any new pimples (due to cheat days eating chocolate and dairy i think) only last 2 days until they start to get smaller and smaller as well, all of the painful under the skin pimples have come to the surface and formed a white head although tempting to pop im staying away and letting the oatmeal work its magic since its cleared up a white head in 3 days not touching it. I have only been using this 4 days!!! If just I tried this remedy sooner I would have saved my skin and my depression over having bad skin but every time I look in the mirror I see how much its improved my skin I get so much happier! I will update again in 2 weeks and in 1 month with my progress.
I boil water add a tablespoon of oatmeal into a small dish and let it sit for 5-10 minutes depending how much time I have and I wash my face with it morning and night i squish the oats in my hands and smear it on and cleanse for 1-2 minutes then i take a clump of the oats and in a gentle circular motion go over each individual pimple and rinse and thats it I don't even use moisturizer my skin feels comfortable after and our skin produces our own moisturizer so for me i never use one anymore since all the moisutizers ive tried from chemical loaded to 100% all natural from 5$ to 100$ all broke me out or just werent doing much for me. This oatmeal makes skin tone even too and your skin glow! The only con about this is its messy and could potentially clog the drains in the sink/shower but buy a trapper to go into where a plug would go and that should prevent it. Long review I know but I LOVE OATMEAL!!! try it just make sure its dairy free and wheat free oatmeal those 2 ingredients and eating those cause acne! Tips to get rid of acne before trying px drugs
- Stop eating/drinking dairy, alcohol, wheat, gluten, seaweed, meat, seafood (fish good) sugar, salt, soy (i think mangoes and possibly beans and lentils cause acne but eat it and see what happens)
EAT- salmon, cod, halibut, flax seeds, chia seeds, hemp seeds, vegetables, fruit, quinoa (stores have tons of meat free wheat free dairy free gluten free bread cookies pasta cakes pancakes waffles ice cream chocolate, fake cheese and yogurt made out of almonds!! and everything tastes soooo good and they have burgers too)
Drink- alkaline water!!! 2-5 litres a day!
Exercise- 1 hour everyday even if its just walking...hot yoga is my fav! and running
Wash 2 times a day with oatmeal!! use as mask as often as you want
dont wear makeup only wear it when you absolutely have to if anything just wear 100% pure mascara and a burts bees chapstick and when you have to wear makeup just a concealer bronzer and blush....no foundation or finishing powders and all that other shit
Give it 3 months you SHOULD have clear glowing skin and feel and truely be healthy inside and out your mood will be so much happier youll just be more positive and if you need to loose a few pounds or a ton you will deffinitly get there and keep it off!!! I lost 20 pounds in my first 2 months and i wasnt even 100% strict with it. Now im going to be strict and hope to loose 20 more by october.16 ill update more on skin with oatmeal in 2 weeks a month 2 months and 3 months

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by loverofproducts

AMAZING! helps hear my scars and is very moisturizing, helps get rid of or minimize zits/ acne..... and is really soothing. Also, it's so creamy and improves the texture of my skin, and i'm hundred percent sure it makes my skin glow. It's definitely worth a try (unless u r allergic to it) :)

Give it a try after ur cleanser then apply a really good moisturizer (at night) such as coconut oil (which i do) and in the morning, the results ... if u don't have reactions.... are AMAZING! (p.s ... i only use at night)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by THLuver33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really hate to bring down the ratings of this but I must. After using the Pai skincare range I got horrible rash on my face. Well I thought I would try some oatmeal since it is suppose to be calming but it made my rash worse! Ugh, I was really hoping this would help but it didn't. Now I am on the search for something new.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 7:54:00 AM More reviews by LilyJ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use it daily as a face mask, it's super moisturising and soothing. I grind the oats and add some warm water, and leave on for about 30 minutes. I have sensetive skin, so it's great for any allergies or breakouts. Recently I had dermatitis on my hands, and they were so sore and itchy and burning up. Nothing would help, so I put some of the oatmeal mask on them, and wow. Immediate relief, it was so soothing and stopped the itching.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2012 6:25:00 AM More reviews by savitri777

amazing results , no more generic cleansers , this will make the skin super clean glowing !!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by MissK4012

After seacrhing for years for a gentle cleanser to use in the morning and having no luck, I decided to try using oatmeal just a few months ago. I keep it pretty basic most of the time - just finely ground oats mixed with a bit of raw honey and some warm water. I mix it up then use immediately as scrub/cleanser and am having truly great results.

My skin is very volatile, combination, prone to breakouts, clogs, dryness, flakes, redness and it gets very coarse and just plain gross feeling while I sleep so I always feel the need to exfoliate in the morning. Using oatmeal for this purpose has been extrememly helpful. Since I am not using a soap in the morning, I am not completely stripping my skin or throwing it out of balance. My face feels amazingly soft after scrubbing and the redness/overall skin tone is much more balanced. I also find that existing blemishes are less noticeable after using oatmeal.

Also, my makeup glides on so smoothly after exfoliating with oatmeal and any dryness/flakes seem to be pretty much taken care of after just one or two washes.

I would definitely recommend most anyone (excpet anyone allergic to oats, obviously) try this. What's great is how versatile oats can be - I like my cleanser pretty coarse and exfoliating but you could always soak the oats/water longer for a gentler scrub, or even prepare oatmeal then squeeze the water out and use that for very sensitive skin. Worth a try!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by heyitsrachael

Im 15 years old and i have recently started applying an oatmeal facemask with a small amount of honey. I have seen terrific results on my skin and especially to my acne scabs, I 100% recommend using oatmeal on your skin as it is cheap and works like a dream!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by purpleziqian

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I learnt about oatmeal cleanser because of Bubzbeauty! Yes, she is right! There was once where I have a terrible breakout over my T-zone area, so I cleanse my face every morning with the oatmeal. After rinsing off, you can definitely feel that your skin is cleaner and the breakout are leas redder! If only the process isn't so messy, that would be better :) But the outcome makes up the messy part :) Is worth a try!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2012 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Xxkonixx

My skin has became crazy for a few months with lots of bumps which are red, itchy and painful mostly on my jaw line and some on my face. I've bought over 20 products in these times desperately looking for something that can help. Nothing seems to work and my face was becoming worst at the end that i gave up on putting any other product on. It is not even about how i look anymore but i feel terrible with the constant itching and burning of my face, it was affecting how i live. I was getting so depressed and fustrated. And then just yesterday i typed in acne skincare and some videos popped up and its about Oatmeal. I saw the amazing result that people get from just simply rubbing it on their faces and i happen to have it right in my kitchen so i went to did it. So far i've used it few times, and i'm so amazed. The temperature of my face has gone back to normal, inflammations have gone down a bit with much less itchiness. For the very first time i can come out of my shower and my face feels cool and not painful. It has been only two days so far, and i will surely follow through with washing my face with it twice a day to see whether it can actually remove all the bumps that are almost covering my face. I think everyone who is not allergic to oat have to try
thisss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE: After using it for one month, my face started to reject it aggressively. My skin gets very dry and itchy whenever i use it. First i thought maybe it's because of the scrubbing factor, so i only used the white milk that it created to wash my face, but then the same thing happened. So not for me at last, but i still would recommend other people to try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 9:59:00 AM More reviews by Saraah14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After watching Bubzbeautys video about oatmeal and how it was amazing for the skin, I tried it out for myself and it works wonders! Leaves your skin so soft and radiant and works brilliantly for dry patches or breakouts :) I normally take my makeup off with Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish and then gently pat and massage the moist oats all over my face (sometimes leaving it on for 5-10 minutes as a mask), then rinse with lukewarm water. Can get a bit messy, but so worth it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No