Oatmeal Mask

Price: $

Price: $

INCI: Water/Aqua, Avena Sativa (Oat) Flour, Mel (Honey), Tocopheryl Acetate

on 2/12/2013 11:00:00 PM

OMG. Oatmeal is great. I have the WORST skin type. My skin is oily, extremely acne-prone, with incredibly large pores. I wanted to stop using my acne medication because I didn't want to put harsh chemicals on my face. Oatmeal is the perfect alternative! I take a handful of rolled oats, run it under water while keeping it clenched in the hand, and wet it a little more with a few drops of water. After it is mushy, I rub it all over my face, trying to get as much oatmeal on my face as possible. Then I wash off with warm water. After I rinse, my skin feels SO soft. And I have to say, it has been controlling the shine well. (I haven't been using it in the summer but it works well during the winter time).

When I don't use my acne cream, my skin usually breaks out like crazy with large cystic acne and smaller bumps. I've tried proactive and murad. They don't work at all. I see new pimples form every day. BUT, when I started washing my face with oatmeal twice a day, it has been controlling it better than those two acne products. Some new pimples do form, but they do not last as long and are not as inflamed. My skin seems brighter and feels better. I do use another face wash (Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Scrub) at night to clean my skin better, and usually follow with oatmeal.

If you're hesitant to try it, I urge you to! It's affordable and it works for me :)

on 1/25/2013 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

When all else fail, use oatmeal mask! That is my motto. I love to dabble with skincare products here and there (american, asian etc u name it). But when i'm sick or my skin is acting, looking dull , or just being extra sensitive, it's OATMEAL that came to the rescue. Oatmeal is moisturizing, it has saponins that cleanses your skin, and oat beta-glucan to hold water and act as a protective barrier to your skin. If you have wash your face with oatmeal, you'll notice that thin, smooth barrier feel afterward on your skin and should thanks oat beta-glucan for it :) You can't go wrong with it.

on 12/30/2012 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This feels great massaged into the face. The milk from the oats is so soothing and the oats provide a nice scub. I haven't used this long enough to see an effect on my break outs, but my skin feels super soft directly after.

on 12/30/2012 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Really do enjoy using this as a face wash.. but it doesn't keep pimples/breakouts away..
I blend it in a coffee grinder with some brown sugar and veranda tea leaves.. thn I will put half a tsp in a bowl and put a lil bit of water in it to soften it. Then using the silicone brush (which comes with Loreal cleansers) rub it all over my face and neck. Leave it on for about a few minutes. Rinse off and tone moisterize and I'm done.
I do like it.. makes my skin look more even toned but I wish it helped with acne. I'm still using it tho, in conjuction with some other products.

on 12/18/2012 6:27:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I don't break out often, but this broke me out and I'm still dealing with the aftermath... Wanted to love it, but just didnt work for me :(

on 12/16/2012 8:28:00 PM

This is my HG HG HG product!!! ♥♥♥♥♥ I'm even contemplating getting "OATMEAL" tattooed on my heart!
I have some scars, an oily forehead and dry cheeks and cleaning my face with oatmeal morning and night has cleared up my complexion and I am not nearly as oily as I used to be. My complexion is perfect! Even my scars are so much less visible... I cant believe the power of oatmeal! Anti-inflammatory, cleanser, softener.. what else!!!!!! Thank Heavens for Oatmeal! :D

on 12/13/2012 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have acne-prone, redness-prone skin, and I use oats to cleanse my face at least once a day. I just buy a bag of normal oats and tip a handful into a little bowl, then mix with warm water. I swish it around a bit to soften the oats and make the water milky. I just smooth this mixture over my face just as I would any other cleanser and wash away with warm water. It leaves my skin calmer, much less red, and helps dark spots to disappear. If I stop using oats for a while my skin really shows it's not happy!

on 11/30/2012 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

love using oatmeal! It helps my face feel so much more refreshed, and it calms down irritation. my face feels softer and brighter after using it. I absolutely love oatmeal for so many things, except eating

on 11/27/2012 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is amazing! I used oatmeal alone in the morning. At night, I remove my make up using olive oil and wash my face with my hada labo cleanser, then i use oatmeal last to cleanse my face. It is soooooo good. I haven't gotten any new pimples AT ALL. I'm pimple prone almost every week i get new pimples. But ever since using oatmeal as a facial cleanser my skin has improved so much! You really gotta try it! Can't really see effects on it lightening scars though.

But anw, this is too good to be true for the price you pay. And i love the smell!!!

on 11/24/2012 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I had previously given this a raving, lengthy review, but have since then decided to edit and take it down 3 stars.

If you have normal skin, this would be great. For everyone else, this stuff is good as a face mask or body scrub. It's still fantastic, it just doesn't keep acne at bay on the face. Why would it, though? It's Oatmeal, not Benzoyl Peroxide.

It's awesome, just not for acne prone skin. You could easily use this in the morning as a simple cleanser before moisturizing and make up, but make sure to use a heavy acne fighter at night.

Popular Masks