LUSH Butterball Bath Bomb

4.3

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I had my first Butterball today and really like how you don't have to put on lotion after you use it. The scent was not too strong and frizzed quickly. It left my skin soft and pampered. Sadly it did leave a greasy mess in my tub like all of the the other bombs do. This is one of the cheaper of the all of LUSH's BB and a nice product for a little cheaper price.

on 5/10/2010 4:56:00 PM

I love LUSH products and I was thrilled to try out a bath bomb by them. I picked Butterball because I liked the idea of a moisturizing bath. Sadly, I was a bit disappointed. I loved the fizzing, it lasted for about five minutes and was fun to watch. As it was deteriorating little yellow pieces came off from it, which looked a bit gross, but I guess it was the shea butter. When it finished the water just looked a bit dirty with yellow pieces, which I didn't like. The bath was moisturizing, but nothing that really stood out to me. For me, the best part of this bath bomb was the smell. I will not repurchase, but will try other LUSH bath bombs in the future :)

on 3/18/2010 2:39:00 PM

With most Lush bath bombs, I find that the PH is off and they leave my skin feeling very dry and itchy. But I like butterball.

PROS
Smells nice, i cant describe what it's supposed to smell like, but it's nice and not too strong.
Moisturizing
Neutral PH

CONS
Shea butter is not greasy, However, when it melts in the bath water it forms a very viscous, greasy film. I really like bath oils, But I dont really like the cloying texture of the shea butter when it melts. But once you get out of the bath and towel off and cool down, the shea butter solidifies aging and the greasiness goes away.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

The Good

Nice smell: This is one great smelling bath bomb. The scent is a combination of vanilla and ylang ylang. Even before plunging it into the tub I could smell it. But once it started melting, the delicious scents began dancing throughout my room and the scent stayed with me the entire day.

Moisturizing: With slivers of cocoa butter, I wasnít surprised at how soft this bath bomb made my skin feel after. It was smooth and silken and felt as if I had moisturized with an expensive skin lotion. I was impressed at how soft my skin felt after.

Long lasting: The scent and the effects of the butterball bath bomb are long lasting. I used it around 11 in the morning, and even as I dozed off late at night, I could still smell it and my skin felt just as soft. However, if you donít like the smell of the butterball, then this could be an irritating factor since youíre stuck with the scent for the entire day.

The Bad

Leaves tub residue: I disliked the mess this bath bomb made in my tub after. While not as messy as some of lushís other bath bombs it did leave a greasy tub residue that was hard to clean off. If you clean your tub right away, you might not have a huge clean up but if you let it sit it will harden, forcing you to apply some elbow grease.

Greasy: The grease wasnít simply on my tub, but my skin also. I donít have a problem with greasy lotions but this one has quite a bit of cocoa butter that is a greasy and a little messy when first being released. You have to smooth it on like you would lotion.

You can see the butterball in action in this video

on 3/9/2010 12:11:00 PM

I was hoping that this would make my bath very exciting, but it didn't. I would prefer just a really nice smelling, organic bubble bath and bath oil. $5 for 1 bath is too costly. I don't like to stay in the bath longer than 30 minutes, so this was a bit wasteful. I find LUSH very appealing when I'm in a store, but the results are never great.

on 3/4/2010 6:35:00 PM

Smelled really good! Made my tiny little bathroom smell good for a few days- other then that, didn't seem to do much. Wasn't very moisturizing or exciting. Was pretty expensive for one bath- $6... the bath bars are the same price and last for more baths! and have a lot more bubbles :) Would not buy again.

on 2/28/2010 8:32:00 PM

Absolutely LOVE this bathbomb!!! It's amazing! It was my first product ever from Lush and i'm in love!! It fizzes away really fast but, I really don't care too much about the longevity of the fizziness lol. It made my bathwater smell amazing and is extremely moisturizing!! LOVE IT!!

on 2/28/2010 8:37:00 AM

One of my top favorite bombs from LUSH. It is simple, smells amazing and leave me feeling so smooth and soft. It is really just the perfect bath product!

on 2/24/2010 11:01:00 AM

Amazing product! Has a sort of vanilla scent, very sweet and definitely not too overwhelming as most LUSH products are. The scent did not linger very long afterwards. Fizzed very quickly, and released little tan chunks (looked like oatmeal to me). Did not change the colour of my bath water. EXTREMELY moisturizing on my skin, I felt soo soft afterwards!

Definitely would repurchase. I would recommend this to people who suffer from itchy skin due to allergies, this was veeeeerrry soothing.

on 2/21/2010 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Just finished taking my first bath with Butterball. I had read that the tan chunks inside it were supposed to be moisturizing, so I felt kind of prepared for what came next. The bath bomb fizzed quite slowly, and the chunks of moisturizers inside it kind of looked like weird bubbles or blisters. That aside, this made for one of the most amazing bathing experiences I've ever had. The scent is a light, amazing vanilla that didn't seem to linger too much, but that was okay. What I was absolutely AMAZED with was how luxuriously soft my skin felt! The oils and moisturizers in the bomb made my whole body as soft as silk--it was like bathing in liquid silk!! I even shaved my legs with no problems :) I definitely will be using this again in the future. I'm glad I discovered Butterball to help my winter-dry skin feel like it's real again!

Popular Bath Treatments