LUSH Butterball Bath Bomb

4.3

on 8/6/2010 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this in Mr.butterball that comes in a Santa shape and came out last Christmas..it has little chunks of shea butter in it so when it dissolves in your bath it releases the oils and gives the water a very silky smooth feel to it..it's definitely moisturizing to the skin since it's got literally butter in it..and the smell is kinda cakery and buttery which i love..i think the lush bath bombs are much better quality than their soaps,,they are a bit expensive compare to other brand bath bombs but i would buy it again for its amaziness,,it's such a little sweet relaxing treat to yourself after a long week of hard work~

on 7/12/2010 3:39:00 PM

Its great! So moisturizing, my skin feels like silk after I get out. Great for all you dry skin girls, like me :). Also, a great bath bomb to use in on winter skin. My one issue is there is barely any fragrance (especially compare to other bath bombs), but i usually use a bubble bar or another bath treatment with it so its not a big issue.

on 7/1/2010 9:40:00 PM

This is seriously awesome! It moisturises my skin, doesn't leave any film or glitter on me and smells delicious (like vanilla.) There are cheaper products around but for quality and effectiveness I'll choose this every time I need a bath bomb.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

my favourite bath product ever! no, it doesn't have any fancy colours or confetti (a plus for me, a minus for others), but it leaves my skin feeling SO amazingly soft and it smells amazing. i have repurchased this many times and will continue to do so in the future.

I loved this bathbomb! It made my dry skin super soft. The only problem is that it is kind of on the expensive side.

on 5/24/2010 10:31:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This was lovely! The scent is delish and it lasts throughout the bath. I loved how moisturzing the water became and I felt nice and silky by the time I stepped out of the bath. The only thing I would change about this is I would add some color - I like my bath water to turn colors, just for fun... but it won't stop me from buying Butterball again.

on 5/23/2010 12:53:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Meh. That is pretty much my thoughts on Butterball Bath Bomb by LUSH. It smelled super yummy (both in the packaging and in the bathtub), but overall I think that I personally like the bubble bars better.
After dropping this bad boy into the bathtub it fizzed exactly like I expected it to and I did like how it floated near the surface of the water so I could see it in action. I liked the little chunks of cocoa butter as it fizzed away as they were super soft; I just wish it had lasted longer... total time for me from dropping it in until it was completely dissolved was 5 minutes tops.
There was also some yellow stuff floating near the foot of my tub as well which was a little weird but thankfully the jets kept it down there! (:
I would repurchase again for the fact that it smells delicious and it a bit moisturizing but I simply prefer some other LUSH products over this one.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I had my first Butterball today and really like how you don't have to put on lotion after you use it. The scent was not too strong and frizzed quickly. It left my skin soft and pampered. Sadly it did leave a greasy mess in my tub like all of the the other bombs do. This is one of the cheaper of the all of LUSH's BB and a nice product for a little cheaper price.

on 5/10/2010 4:56:00 PM

I love LUSH products and I was thrilled to try out a bath bomb by them. I picked Butterball because I liked the idea of a moisturizing bath. Sadly, I was a bit disappointed. I loved the fizzing, it lasted for about five minutes and was fun to watch. As it was deteriorating little yellow pieces came off from it, which looked a bit gross, but I guess it was the shea butter. When it finished the water just looked a bit dirty with yellow pieces, which I didn't like. The bath was moisturizing, but nothing that really stood out to me. For me, the best part of this bath bomb was the smell. I will not repurchase, but will try other LUSH bath bombs in the future :)

on 3/18/2010 2:39:00 PM

With most Lush bath bombs, I find that the PH is off and they leave my skin feeling very dry and itchy. But I like butterball.

PROS
Smells nice, i cant describe what it's supposed to smell like, but it's nice and not too strong.
Moisturizing
Neutral PH

CONS
Shea butter is not greasy, However, when it melts in the bath water it forms a very viscous, greasy film. I really like bath oils, But I dont really like the cloying texture of the shea butter when it melts. But once you get out of the bath and towel off and cool down, the shea butter solidifies aging and the greasiness goes away.

Popular Bath Treatments