December 20, 2014 | 1491 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Powersurge Eye Kohl

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2007 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Poppylovee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was expecting something with more bronze or brown tones to it, but I got something that was much lighter, with more taupe and green (?) tones. It's not a bad color, either, the color is just a bit light for my liking. The liner itself applies nicely and lasts, the texture wasn't too hard so it was easy to apply (but not the softest pencil I have used). I like MAC Eye Kohl's in general, but I don't think I will repurchase one in Powersurge.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2007 12:29:00 AM More reviews by lipcrazy

Love this liner! I am Indian NC 42, and this brightens my eyes the way white liner would on someone ppp! I apply a thin line on both my upper and lower lashes and it stays put all day. It is a trues metallic gold with a more tan then shades of red or blue. Great neutral color, deceiving until you try it on. Give it a chance it might just surprise you!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2007 8:16:00 AM More reviews by foofer

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My all time favorite eyeliner in the brown tone range. This is a bronzey, taupey, goldish light brown shade with a very subtle shimmer. Glides on effortlessly, stays on throughout my workday, doesn't smudge. Looks especially great on blue or green eyes. Love, love, love it!
FYI: I am 64 with golden blond hair, blue eyes, fair skin with pink undertones.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2007 12:09:00 PM More reviews by hannah2877

I have repurchased this product many times - it is the best eyeliner for everyday wear as well as for special occasions. easy to build up more color as needed and it lasts all day without fading or creasing. Powersurge is one of the best colors as it doesn't look too heavy and emphasizes my eyes beautifully but subtly. My favourite eyeliner!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2007 4:49:00 PM More reviews by gwinni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Gorgeous on green eyes. Lasts all day and doesn't tug during application.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2006 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Lk21

Oh my god, i LOVE THIS EYELINER!! This is my favourite eyeliner in the world [and i have quiet a few!]. It's not too harsh, since i hate wearing black or even brown eyeliners [they just look too harsh on me, and i don't really need it; my eyes are already huge and i have long lashes]. But i use this practically everyday! Long lasting power and looks so nice. Will buy it again for sure!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2006 6:03:00 PM More reviews by wcw74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my most reached for non black non brown eyeliner. The color is a dirty gold. Used as a liner, it just adds subtle definition to my eyes. It doesn't look like I'm wearing an eyeliner, the gold shimmer draws light to my eyes. Although the color doesn't make my brown eyes pop, the soft shimmer effect can produce a lovely halo around my eyes. My favorite use for Powersurge is to wear this on my inner rims. Just fabulous without looking harsh. I will definitely rebuy!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2006 11:40:00 AM More reviews by jiney17

"Powersurge" is a gleamy pale gold with the barest touch of bronze (to warm it up a bit). It's subtler than you'd suspect and works nicely as a liner on the bottom lash line if you're doing a bronze smoky eye look. It also works well for a natural bit of eye-brightening too. My biggest gripe is that it isn't as soft or creamy as other kohls I've tried and tends to tug. I think I could probably dupe this color in a DG line if I looked hard enough (and not lose anything by way of quality). Lasting power is pretty good. Overall, it doesn't really knock my socks off so I probably won't get another one when I use this one up.

ETA: I take it back. I've been using this almost everyday to add a bit of subtle definition to my bottom lashline. It's just dark enough to do that but the dirty gold gleam prevents it from looking too harsh. Upped to a 4 and will repurchase now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2006 6:57:00 PM More reviews by l0ve

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This matches great with mac eyeshadow in tempting. I really like the tecture of this and the color is amazing. It's a nice light copper/tan with shimmer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2006 1:53:00 AM More reviews by appleqn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Despite the fact that Kohls & my oily lids don't seem to get along very well, after reading the raves for Powersurge, I knew I'd to try this and this didn't disappoint me. The color is a beautiful dark, bronzey gold that would blend well with most greens. As expected, it doesn't last that long on me but I found that if I applied base, then a fine, thin line of BB's gel eyeliner, then Powersurge, it lasts really well but it does take some time. Anyway, the beautiful color makes up for the lasting power. Would re-purchase.