MAC Powersurge Eye Kohl

4.6

on 7/28/2007 2:29:00 PM

UPDATE 8/30/07 - As subtle as this is, it really does make my eyes look so big and bright. I don't really know how such a subtle kohl makes the difference, but it really, really does. I always get comments on how pretty my eyes look when I wear this. This is one of my top two favorite kohls now (Teddy being the other). FYI-I am NW20, almost black hair, very dark brown eyes. ORIGINAL POST: Powersurge is a beautiful kohl to always have on hand. It is the only color I have tried that I can use on my lower lash line that doesn't draw attention to my dark circles. Everyone has described the color well (bronzy, antiqued gold). I can't really see a huge difference between wearing this or just putting something like Naked Lunch eyeshadow on my lid, so the color is subtle...almost too subtle - this would be the only drawback. As for the PROS: 1) It can be used on the lower lash line without worries of making your under eye area look too dark. 2) It does add subtle definition and gives you a more defined eye. 3) I will use a highlighter pencil on my lower lash line sometimes to help take away some of my darkness in that area. This does the same thing! You could actually line your whole eye - a major taboo in many cases...but it works with this color. 4)This color would look AMAZING on those with darker skin tones. I am a bit pale (NW20), so it really blends into my skin...but someone who has a darker skin tone...this would look gorgeous! FYI - A MAC artist suggested this as a nice, natural, day look way to define my brown eyes (I have almost black hair and dark lashes and brows). 5) And finally, I have full on brown eyes...no green or gray...brown. Powersurge seems to bring out gold "reflection"s in my brown eyes...brings a bit of light to them. Powersurge has the same shimmer as Rosemary & Thyme (R&T is more olive green and is great for hazel or green eyes). While I think R&T is a beautiful color, it isn't anywhere near as practical as Powersurge for my brown eyes. I reach for Powersurge on a daily basis.

on 7/24/2007 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I was expecting something with more bronze or brown tones to it, but I got something that was much lighter, with more taupe and green (?) tones. It's not a bad color, either, the color is just a bit light for my liking. The liner itself applies nicely and lasts, the texture wasn't too hard so it was easy to apply (but not the softest pencil I have used). I like MAC Eye Kohl's in general, but I don't think I will repurchase one in Powersurge.

on 6/18/2007 12:29:00 AM

Love this liner! I am Indian NC 42, and this brightens my eyes the way white liner would on someone ppp! I apply a thin line on both my upper and lower lashes and it stays put all day. It is a trues metallic gold with a more tan then shades of red or blue. Great neutral color, deceiving until you try it on. Give it a chance it might just surprise you!!

on 3/1/2007 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My all time favorite eyeliner in the brown tone range. This is a bronzey, taupey, goldish light brown shade with a very subtle shimmer. Glides on effortlessly, stays on throughout my workday, doesn't smudge. Looks especially great on blue or green eyes. Love, love, love it!
FYI: I am 64 with golden blond hair, blue eyes, fair skin with pink undertones.

on 2/7/2007 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have repurchased this product many times - it is the best eyeliner for everyday wear as well as for special occasions. easy to build up more color as needed and it lasts all day without fading or creasing. Powersurge is one of the best colors as it doesn't look too heavy and emphasizes my eyes beautifully but subtly. My favourite eyeliner!

on 1/20/2007 4:49:00 PM

Gorgeous on green eyes. Lasts all day and doesn't tug during application.

on 8/5/2006 9:02:00 PM

Oh my god, i LOVE THIS EYELINER!! This is my favourite eyeliner in the world [and i have quiet a few!]. It's not too harsh, since i hate wearing black or even brown eyeliners [they just look too harsh on me, and i don't really need it; my eyes are already huge and i have long lashes]. But i use this practically everyday! Long lasting power and looks so nice. Will buy it again for sure!!

on 5/3/2006 6:03:00 PM

This is my most reached for non black non brown eyeliner. The color is a dirty gold. Used as a liner, it just adds subtle definition to my eyes. It doesn't look like I'm wearing an eyeliner, the gold shimmer draws light to my eyes. Although the color doesn't make my brown eyes pop, the soft shimmer effect can produce a lovely halo around my eyes. My favorite use for Powersurge is to wear this on my inner rims. Just fabulous without looking harsh. I will definitely rebuy!

on 3/21/2006 11:40:00 AM

"Powersurge" is a gleamy pale gold with the barest touch of bronze (to warm it up a bit). It's subtler than you'd suspect and works nicely as a liner on the bottom lash line if you're doing a bronze smoky eye look. It also works well for a natural bit of eye-brightening too. My biggest gripe is that it isn't as soft or creamy as other kohls I've tried and tends to tug. I think I could probably dupe this color in a DG line if I looked hard enough (and not lose anything by way of quality). Lasting power is pretty good. Overall, it doesn't really knock my socks off so I probably won't get another one when I use this one up.

ETA: I take it back. I've been using this almost everyday to add a bit of subtle definition to my bottom lashline. It's just dark enough to do that but the dirty gold gleam prevents it from looking too harsh. Upped to a 4 and will repurchase now.

on 3/1/2006 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This matches great with mac eyeshadow in tempting. I really like the tecture of this and the color is amazing. It's a nice light copper/tan with shimmer!

Top Rated MAC Products