Milk of Magnesia as Primer

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i have terribly oily skin within 30 minutes of putting my makeup on, so based on makeup alley reviews on MOM i decided to buy a bottle. i went to CVS, but they ran out of the Phillips version, so i went ahead and bought the CVS version. that night i gave it a shot and put it on my face, as a mask. WORKS WONDERS... i had tiny bumps on my forehead, and it vanished. but as a primer, it didn't do so much magic ): i was so upset. i guess nothing works for my oily face.
UPDATE: i tried this two weeks after, i used to use this with my sponge, but i tried with my fingers instead. it works better with my fingers. and it did a good job decreasing the shine on my face, i only used one blotting sheet. [:

I love this stuff! The trick is to apply a small amount let it completely dry and then apply monistat anti chafing gel right on top. My super oily t zone is no longer an oily mess! Ive tried just about everything to control oil and this thankfully has finally worked!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have to say the din't work for me

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this! I don't just put it on my face like others, I put about 1/2 a teaspoon in the palm of my hand, mix it with a pea size amount of the Monistat anti chafe gel, and spread it out on my face. It is an awesome makeup primer and doesn't leave the dryness/chalkiness that the milk of magnesia does alone.

What I really love Milk of Magnesia for is an eye shadow primer!!!!!!!!!!! I take a qtip, dip it in the bottle, rub on my eyelid. I then use my fingertip to spread out the milk of magnesia, dab it in, and let it dry. My eyeshadow blends well, stays in place ALL DAY, and never creases at all! Perfection!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Okay I have really super oily skin and this helps to control oil! I have never tried any other foundation primer before so maybe my review is a little biased. But why change a good thing, right? Yes, at least when it comes to this. I bought the gerneric brand (Top Care) and not the Phillips so I am not for sure if it makes a difference or not. I apply this product with a wet cosmetic sponge and apply a thick layer to my face (b/c skin is so so oily) then I stipple it into the skin. After it dries it does leave some white streaking. But I just buff it away with my kabuki brush. So its no big problem. But I will never apply my makeup ever again without this product. The day before yesterday I was away from home and didn't have it with me and had to apply my makeup without and I got oily within half an hour. But yesterday I applied my makeup with this and my makeup stayed on all day. And I must add that yesterday I spent most of the day outside in the 97 degree heat and my makeup do not crease or get oily. Well of course I sweated haha. But my makeup stayed. If the Milk of Magnesia can do this it is truely an amazing product. This is a must have in my makeup application and I will continue to repurchase this product! My HG foundation primer!

I have oily but dehydrated skin. Usually my makeup seems to slide off my face a few hours into the night and my t-zone is always shiny in pictures. After hearing about MoM's oil controlling abilities, I gave it a try. The first time I used it, my face was in matte heaven. I went through a whole night of dancing without a single sheet of blotting paper! I thought I had found the answer to my oilies. However, it seemed every subsequent use of this my face stayed matte for less time.

I've tried not moisturizing before MoM, moisturinzing then using a primer before MoM, and only using a primer before MoM. All to no avail. My face was not terribly oily when I had this on, but I wasn't able to experience the same result as that first time. Also, my face was becoming really dry. Whenever I applied my foundation after MoM, I was able to see patches of dry spots on my skin. Despite this, I am not totally turned off by this product, maybe I'll try it again in the future.

How I use MoM:
After washing face, I use a toner. Remember to shake the bottle of MoM VERY well then use a cotton ball or finger tips to spread a thin layer of MoM on face. Let dry for 2-3 minutes and apply foundation/ makeup.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

didn't work for me at all.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I never thought that I'd be writing a review about how a laxative has changed my appearance.

But here it is.

I got turned on to this via YouTube. There were several videos with woman after woman talking about how this product has helped them win the battle against oily skin ruining their makeup.

They weren't lying.

Let me tell you. I have been using this for three weeks now. And I simply love it. My makeup, which used to fall victim to shine within an hour or two, now goes flawless for about 7 hours. No blotting, powdering. Nothing.

This product is, "the truth."

When you get this, be sure NOT to get the flavored ones. Stick to the original formula.

Each morning after cleaning your face and following your sunscreen/moisturizer, ad a sheer bit of this on your T-Zone. Let it dry, then apply your primer. Follow it with your foundation. Be careful not to use too much. If it turns white and cakey then you have used too much. Just dab a teeny bit of water on that area and blend it into your face.

Trust me when I say, we've had a recent heatwave here, and my makeup has not budged.

It's been eight hours with makeup on today and it still looks awesome, if I do say so myself.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I had given up all hope. Ever since I could remember I have had a problem with oily skin.
I was 3mths away from my wedding day and was having oily skin nightmares. I asked a question on the MUA discussion blogs and someone recommended this to me, I was like really?? So I went on youtube and saw some how to videos and decided to give it a try!

It works wonders!! It didnt work for me alone, I have to use a primer with this and I am oil free at lest 6 to 8 hours which is a lot concidering I would have a face full of oil within 30 mins of applying my make up!!

its worth a try!! It helped me.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have oily skin.I use this before I put a little powder on and my face doesnt get oily too much at all.I also notice that is helps shrink the pores.

Popular Primer/ Correctors