July 23, 2014 | 1860 users online

Foundations - Chanel - Pro Lumiere Professional Finish Make-Up ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2010 12:14:00 PM More reviews by adelelemasurier

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation, it's looks beautiful on the skin not too matte not too dewy. It lasts on me, which I normally have problems with most foundations even tho my skin is normal/dry. I wear this in nude 10 in Mac I wear a NC15-20. Just wish it wasn't so expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2010 1:48:00 AM More reviews by damarisfe23

Great foundation! Worth the price! I have combination/oily skin, great coverage. Love, love, love....L O V E!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2010 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Shaz809

Good Points
    - This foundation comes with pump.
    - It gave an okay finish when just applied, not too drying and not too waxy.
    - Did not break me out.

Bad Points
    - It barely lasts 3 hours, just seems to slide off leaving large pores more noticable.
    - Costs 40 euro, for that price it has to be holy grail.
    - I put this on one half my face and Revlon Colorstay on the other half as a little experiment, will be sticking with the Revlon CS.

Reference: I was matched to shade 20 Cameo for Chanel and 220 Natural Beige for Revlon CS.

Will definatly not be purchasing this again. x

UPDATE: Adding another lippie onto this because I paired it with MAC Blot Powder in shade Medium/Dark and it looks smoother and lasts longer. Still would not buy it again, but will have no problem using it until it runs out.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2010 8:14:00 AM More reviews by deeemiii

I will pay quite a high price for a foundation, so the price didn't bother me that much. I have dry skin, and when you put the product on, its gorgeous, my skin was glowing! It did irritate my eyes abit! But unfortunely it doesn't last! A few hours later in my busy day to day to life, it had grouped together around my face! Gutted! I'd recommend it if you having a meal in, and just want it one for a couple of hours to look flawless! Unfortunely this isn't for me, gutted so nice when first but on!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2010 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Tanja1801

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh no, no, no, no... Chanel's gone wrong with this baby. The only reason I gave it 2 instead of 1 lippie is because the foundation looks pretty amazing when you put it on in the morning... but my God, after a few hours of wearing it it becomes more then a mess... I looked in the mirror after 3 hours and what I saw was not pretty. There were dry patches on my face where the foundation was still visible and at some places on my face there was no foundation left! So I guess this is not meant for dry skin!
    But okay, I have to admit it, Chanel never doens't claim on the packaging nor the website that this is a longwearing foundation. In fact, it was made for professional use so I can see models wearing this and looking great for a while.
    If you're thinking of buying this foundation, please ask a sample and try this foundation for a day or so.
    Tanja

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Styleherfamous

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product only looks good for the first 2 hours or so, and then you begin to sweat too much and my skin would burst with oil production especially on my forehead and nose...that's when this foundation would make everything look worse by leaving that GREASY look on my skin. Sigh.

I LOOOOOVVEEEE the smell of this foundation, but hands down, this foundation ISN'T FOR THOSE WITH OILY SKIN. And it doesnt have very good staying power.

PLUS SIDE is...omg it makes my skin SO flawless in pictures. SO smooth.

I still love my mat lumiere <3

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by foundationhunter

My best, HG foundation. Well, best and hg so far. Who knows, there may be something better right? Anyway, this is my go to foundation for no fail, flawless skin. Why I love this so much?

The shade: I got "Beige 40"--Awesome match for my NC35-40 Asian, olive skin. It's one of the best matches! As many with olive skin tones know, it's near impossible to find a perfect match. The slightly green cast from our veins is not easy for a foundation shade to blend with. But this color from Chanel... awesome. Not too yellow (yes, it's possible!), not pink nor blue, just a nice, lightly beige milky-tan color.

Coverage, finish and wear: Perfect medium coverage in my opinion! Can be sheerer and can be layered to cover a bit more. Very natural. The wear is also great. True, it doesn't advertise itself as "long-wear" or "oil-control", but the staying power is pretty good if you take care of your skin. Chanel's foundation philosophy is that foundation is chosen for the finish and coverage, and leave the skin problems (oily skin, dry skin, etc) to skincare. I've been taking extra care of my skin with proper moisturization and astringents and I'm less oily now. The finish is beautiful. Just supple, natural, smooth. I blend with a flat foundation brush in small strokes in every direction until it dries. Makes a great soft focus finish. Love it!

Packaging: Simple and elegant. Pump is good too, doesn't get clogged. And can pump half-way or one full pump (unlike YSL and Armani which forces you to make one full pump each time only). No foundation wasted!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2010 12:15:00 PM More reviews by drunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

okey, this is a revised review i am writing, i had a review for this foundation three monthes ago which does not do its justice.this foundation is just lovely and phenomenal!! what you do is to exfoliate just well. the con is that if you have flaky skin like i do in winter, you probably will find it digusting, i did wash it out and did my face again one moring when i decided to wear this, becuase it got so flaky on my dry patches. then i put it aside for a good three months. then lately i decided to give it a try(well, it is expensive~~cant just put it there moaning) okey, so i exfoliate pretty well lately, about twice a week using gentle metablolic cream from ZA which removes any dry patches and dead cells. i put it on, it was sooooo smooth and dewy. it looks good in a way that i have never found in any other foundations. it covers while it shines a little. NOT for oily girls. i would say t probably works the best for normal/day skin when you expoliate well. yes now i love it. plus it smells amazing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2010 9:58:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

......i love it! It's a very skin-like, dewy looks foundation.
    First off: it is not hard-duty coverage like Estee Lauder DW: Pro lumière is a luminous foundation, you get a dewy look but not greasy at all.
    I was amazed on how much coverage you get with a little product, I use 2 pumps and I cover my whole face (I have melasma); but you still manage to see your skin underneath; it's a thin foundation but covering, and the result is very very natural.
    However it is NOT a matte foundation! therefore you have to use setting powder (i I always use, whatever be the foundation).
    Pro-Lumiere will not las as long as double wear as I said, but the effect DW gives you is very cakey (I only wear it for 100% humid weather i.e. on special occasions) whiel Pro-Lumière is more natural.
    The range of shades is great for fair skins.
    I have this in Clair and I am NC-15 in winter.
    It's a very pale shade, I always add a little bronzer to it.
    I totally recommend!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2010 10:47:00 PM More reviews by solyjose9

I am happy to hear that I am not the only one with inconsistent results. At the counter and the first time I wore this it was awesome! Then I noticed it didn't look as great, it looked streaky and a bit oily. It is not a horrible foundation but definatly not sort the money.