October 24, 2014 | 1696 users online

Fragrances - Giorgio Armani - Armani Code for women

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2011 12:03:00 PM More reviews by becky39

A very pretty floral/oriental though I may be overhyping it to myself a bit because I had Dior Addict on the other wrist and on me it was horrible! It died down to a nice vanilla with a bit of white generic flowers mixed in for good measure. Nice but not spectacular, it probably won't find it's way into my collection.

7/10

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 7:52:00 PM More reviews by thealmightyboots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love my floral orientals, but it's so hard to find one that is nicely balanced. The majority of them either slap you in the face with amber and sandlewood, or just smell musky and dull. My last great floral oriental love affair was Dior Addict - wore it for years and LOVED it, but it's a little high impact for everyday wear, and like all love affairs, became a bit dull after a few years. Just received a big bottle of Code for my birthday, and haven't been able to stop smelling my wrist for the past few days! It's not an obvious perfume like Addict, subtle enough for everyday wear - one of those scents that just seem to blend into your skin and provide the illustion that you just naturally smell lovely and warm and pretty. LOVE IT!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 6:02:00 PM More reviews by mmarrs

I got a bottle as a gift from a friend that didnt care for it and I too think its just ok. Although I do receive compliments when I wear it, The scent is kind of flat. It starts off like a lighter version of Giorgio of Beverley Hills. But then there is a strange mid note that I cant Identify and do not like. but I do like the final drydown about 5 hrs in to it. As soon as I use the last little bit I wont be sad to see it go There is no way I would spend more money on this. It kind of dries down to a green kind of powder scent but just kind of blah. And it doesn't stay long on me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 3:47:00 PM More reviews by olympialetantoli

If you like citrusy, musky and spicy perfumes and want a strong impacting night perfume this is good for you. But just don't stand too close to me.

This was wrong in every way in my opinion. I wouldn't wear this even if you gave me a free lifetime supply of it. Strong, offensive, overbearing and aggressive is what I would describe this perfume as.

I love Armani Code for MEN. It is my all time favourite scent to smell on a man. It drives me crazy! So I was curious about the female version when it came out. I hadn't had a chance to smell it when my best friend had purchased it actually.

We had gone to see a movie and as I was sitting beside her I kept thinking "What is that stinging stench...It's really pungent and thick. I feel like I'm being choked by this smell." And I told her someone is wearing too much perfume. She said she got a new perfume. I smelt her wrist and thought this is so strong and offensive to the nose. At that time I had a broken nose.... (I didn't know my nose was broken at that time, apparently I broke it was kid and nobody noticed!) So I was only breathing from one side...so that's a pretty strong scent if I could smell it with my broken nose!

When she finally told me it was Armani Code for women I was so disappointed. How could they have made such a mistake!?

I've sprayed this a dozen time on my wrist at the counters. I went a few days ago and sprayed it again. And I've decided this is the worst Armani scent out there. It is warm which I can see some people liking but it is too strong and spicy for my liking. It just smells thick and is a scent that screams "Smell me, smell me..." and it lingers very long. It's one of those scents that stays in a room even after you have gone.

I've wanted desperately to love it but each time I run to the bathroom to wash it off. It's just plain awful! Even if I spray one spritz its still too much. From the beginning to the dry down I hate this on me and on my best friend. It starts out citrusy/orangey and a few seconds later it goes rich with a woodsy with strong florals. To me its very offensive at this point. The orange doesn't last long which is disappointing. As it drys down it gets very heavy and makes me dizzy. Everyone says it has jasmine. I love jasmine on its own...I can't detect the jasmine in this...even now with my nose fixed. I smell a strong soapy powder smell. I have jasmine growing in my back yard....jasmine should be soft and delicate not strong and offensive. After half an hour you can smell the ginger sting...its just a big mess. The notes don't go together in harmony.

Normally I love Armani perfumes, they are classic, clean, soft and transparent....sometimes woodsy.

I've owned Aqua di Gio which is a lovely soft floral with an aquatic feel and very relaxing. Emporio Armani She which is soft and classic and delicate. Emporio Armani White is the ultimate scent for the beaches of Greece since its pure and icy. Armani Mania which is seductive and huggable, slightly woodsy but mostly floral. I've adored all of those scents because they are soft and natural and seductive. But Armani dropped the ball when it came to the Code for Women.

Armani Code was pretty awful in my opinion. I can't see someone wearing this in an office it would suffocate your fellow employees. I don't think its sexy or seductive. A better alternative for those who like strong musky spicy scents it is better to try Euphoria by Calvin Klein and Pure Poison by Dior which has a nice bitter orange scent....which Armani Code tries to be but misses.

I do like he packaging and the lovely colour of the glass. But I'd much rather wear the man's version than this women's version. And I actually have worn the man's version and I've gotten compliments from men.

Perhaps I should try the SHEER version or the SUMMER version. But the orginal is a big no no...If I could give it NO lippys I would.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Doesn't have the best staying power, but what a lovely scent! It's a bit masculine, with the sandalwood, but has a spicy citrus orange overlay. It's not whack you over the head sexy, it's more subtle and refined. I'd buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 3:30:00 AM More reviews by rhondawibmer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

hands down best fragrance ever made!! Get a million compliments a day!! I have never had so many people ask me "what are you wearing"?
will never wear another fragrance again. love love love love

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by jengacan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like Escada's parfumes.Most of them are fruitful (peach, strawberry...)Armani code was a gift for me. It stays no longer.It's spicy,oriental and warm.Although I like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2010 10:53:00 PM More reviews by kristalov

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love love love Armani Code! I can't stop smelling my wrist when I put it on. I love Sensi by Armani and was so disappointed when it was discontinued. I have been looking for a few years now for my new signature scent but with no luck. For some reason, I kept passing by Code. I finally tried it, went home, and rushed back the next morning to buy it. It reminds me of Sensi, though it does not seem to have the same "ooomph" that Sensi had, not the same depth and sultriness. Still, its a gorgeous and sexy scent. If you loved Sensi, you will like Armani Code.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2010 4:10:00 AM More reviews by BLUSHlNG

Masculine and spicy but sensual
It made me smell like a man.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2010 2:25:00 PM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

This is a good year round scent. This is a warm oriental with hints of floral and citrus. Code is a very good brew and smells nice on me. On me, the warmth of vanilla and musky woods are the strong points and the citrus and floral notes follow in the distance. I'm drawn to orientals and woody scents so this is right up my alley. My other fave warm scent is Dior Addict which is very forcefully sexy and great for special events and nights. Code is lighter and more flirty not so sexy and I can wear it year round and during the day. Also, Code has such a beautiful bottle, one of my faves.