MAC Full Coverage Foundation

3.8

Octyldodecanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Silica, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Polybutene, Alumina, Stearic Acid. May contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ultramarines.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I have dry skin and quite a bit of uneven skintone and scars from previous hormonal acne. I absolutely love the finish and the coverage that this foundation gives me. I use it in C35, I am an NC40 in studio sculpt (can be too yellow sometimes) and NC40 in mineralize cream foundation (not a perfect match either). Since I am of Indian descent and have olive undertones, I am so glad that this foundation has the C-range of colors versus just NC and NW range.

After washing my face I apply my 2% salicylic acid toner, followed by Vit C serum. When thats sunk in, I apply a light moisturizer liberally - using CeravePM these days for the added benefit of niacinamid. I follow that with sunscreen mixed with a fingertip rubbed in the C40 full coverage foundation. I feel that this gives me a layer of light coverage already along with taking out any little whiteness from the foundation.

Once that sinks in, I sometimes use the Sephora smoothing and mattifying base all over to prime my face. And then I wet a wedge sponge (use a new one every time) with cold tap water, squeeze it dry. Tap it onto the C35 foundation to get some product on. Dont get too much product on, try to go in layers if you do need more coverage. Then tap it / stipple it on your face starting with any areas that need more coverage. I do a single layer on most of my face, and a double layer on any scars. I also then dip my finger in a bit of the foundation and tap the finger lightly onto any red spots that might not have been covered to my liking. I also use this foundation under my eyes. Top it off with some MSFN in medium/dark and I am ready to do the rest of my face.

I really do love this foundation. The trick is to use a wet sponge and use stippling motion, and also to go in light layers versus doing one fat layer of product. I do mist my face during the day once with mac fix+.

This is sold in mac pro stores only. Fortunately enough i live not too far from one. I would be very very sad if this foundation is ever discontinued :(

on 6/14/2010 4:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I recently rediscovered my love for this foundation again. I've used it in the past for several years but stopped using it in search of a better product. But this foundation is awesome and doesn't quit!! The coverage is full, it conceals just about anything, it's buildable and it NEVER breaks me out!

The texture is more on the emolient side but the coverage is matte. To avoid heavy, masked effect from this foundation I usually streak/ dot foundation around my face area with my fingers then blend it with a foundation brush, or a sponge then I set it with blot powder/ loose powder. I get a flawless finish every time!!

The staying power of this foundation is remarkable in hot and humid weather. To remove the foundation thoroughly, use a cleansing oil, or cold cream first then follow it with a gel type cleanser.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

while this was full coverage like i was hoping for, it wasnt a very smooth application and it clung on to any dry spots or flakes i had on my face and made my foundation look patchy. i ordered nc20 from the pro site and it definately must oxidize almost immediately because i looked in the mirror and saw that it wasnt a perfect match like my other MAC foundations and was too pinkish on me.

on 4/15/2010 10:49:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Nice foundation... Nothing too special though. Good for covering imperfections but i strongly suggest you not to buy it if you are not experienced with compact foundations since you'll probably end up with that mask-like effect we all hate. Also, don't go anywhere near it if you have dry skin(it doesn't contain moisturising factors) or acne-prone skin(it's high likely you'll have an outbreak since you need to stick with the products with the "non-comedogenic & non-acnegenic" tag on them and this particular foundation isn't one of them). Vichy's Dermablend is much better and suitable for all skin types.

on 1/25/2010 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

i use this as a concealer i would use it sometimes as a foundation but sheered out with fix plus and a sponge but to me it's like buying concealer in bluk lol since it lasts me forever

on 1/21/2010 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

This is THE foundation! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! I normally use little to cover imperfections or a lot if I want more coverage. Too bad they are only available at the Pro stores.
I make sure that I moisturize my face before applying. This helps me not to look cakey. I usually set with a little bit of powder (any setting powder). It looks wonderful and my pictures look flawless. No wonder a lot of makeup artists love this product.

on 12/16/2009 12:59:00 PM

Oh gosh. I hate this foundation. It's looks so cakey, not flattering at all. I think it's the worst foundation I've ever tried. I've tried to apply this with wet and dry sponge, 187 brush, my fingers... It looks disgusting on me, doesn't matter what I do.

on 12/16/2009 12:23:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

PROS:
- It caters to my very pale skin (I got the shade W10)
- Does give full coverage for those who need it, but can be sheered out. I apply it with a regular foundation brush and gradually build it up to full, i find applying it with a sponge gives full coverage quickly but looks cakey. You could sheer it out with a wet sponge.
- Didn't budge all day and I have oily skin, also didn't make my skin oilier.
- Didn't oxidise
- Good investment as you can use it as a concealer, which would take years for you to run out.
- I found it easy to blend
- Didn't settle into my pores
- Not too expensive
- The packaging isn't bulky and the lid is clear so you can see exactly what it is.

CONS:
- Wouldn't be good for dry skin
- Doesn't contain SPF like the Studio Finish concealer, this may or may not matter to you.
- Obviously with it being a PRO product it's difficult to get a hold of. Especially my shade (W10).
- When used as a foundation I go through this stuff pretty fast (2-4 months) which is annoying.

This is my favourite foundation at the moment.

on 12/6/2009 7:59:00 PM

First of all, I need to say that I don't use this as a foundation. I use this as a concealer since it is the same as the studio finish concealer, only this doesn't contain SPF ( i'm allergic to most sunscreens). The coverage is phenomenal, but it can be a tad bit drying, so I don't use it for my under eye area. I can see how this would be hard to blend if you use it asa foundation, but it blends easy when tapped over a blemish as a concealer. This is a better deal than buying the little pot of studio finish concealer, so I highly recommend.

on 10/25/2009 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

HECK NO NEVER AGAIN. i was trying to switch from chanel.. this one is sooo sooo streaky.. as soon as i wore it the first day everyone told me that my face looks cakey. as the day grew longer i was hoping that it would glide itself off.. but it just looked cakier. never AGaiN!