MAC Full Coverage Foundation

3.8

Octyldodecanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Silica, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Polybutene, Alumina, Stearic Acid. May contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ultramarines.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

while this was full coverage like i was hoping for, it wasnt a very smooth application and it clung on to any dry spots or flakes i had on my face and made my foundation look patchy. i ordered nc20 from the pro site and it definately must oxidize almost immediately because i looked in the mirror and saw that it wasnt a perfect match like my other MAC foundations and was too pinkish on me.

on 4/15/2010 10:49:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Nice foundation... Nothing too special though. Good for covering imperfections but i strongly suggest you not to buy it if you are not experienced with compact foundations since you'll probably end up with that mask-like effect we all hate. Also, don't go anywhere near it if you have dry skin(it doesn't contain moisturising factors) or acne-prone skin(it's high likely you'll have an outbreak since you need to stick with the products with the "non-comedogenic & non-acnegenic" tag on them and this particular foundation isn't one of them). Vichy's Dermablend is much better and suitable for all skin types.

on 1/25/2010 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

i use this as a concealer i would use it sometimes as a foundation but sheered out with fix plus and a sponge but to me it's like buying concealer in bluk lol since it lasts me forever

on 1/21/2010 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

This is THE foundation! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! I normally use little to cover imperfections or a lot if I want more coverage. Too bad they are only available at the Pro stores.
I make sure that I moisturize my face before applying. This helps me not to look cakey. I usually set with a little bit of powder (any setting powder). It looks wonderful and my pictures look flawless. No wonder a lot of makeup artists love this product.

on 12/16/2009 12:59:00 PM

Oh gosh. I hate this foundation. It's looks so cakey, not flattering at all. I think it's the worst foundation I've ever tried. I've tried to apply this with wet and dry sponge, 187 brush, my fingers... It looks disgusting on me, doesn't matter what I do.

on 12/16/2009 12:23:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

PROS:
- It caters to my very pale skin (I got the shade W10)
- Does give full coverage for those who need it, but can be sheered out. I apply it with a regular foundation brush and gradually build it up to full, i find applying it with a sponge gives full coverage quickly but looks cakey. You could sheer it out with a wet sponge.
- Didn't budge all day and I have oily skin, also didn't make my skin oilier.
- Didn't oxidise
- Good investment as you can use it as a concealer, which would take years for you to run out.
- I found it easy to blend
- Didn't settle into my pores
- Not too expensive
- The packaging isn't bulky and the lid is clear so you can see exactly what it is.

CONS:
- Wouldn't be good for dry skin
- Doesn't contain SPF like the Studio Finish concealer, this may or may not matter to you.
- Obviously with it being a PRO product it's difficult to get a hold of. Especially my shade (W10).
- When used as a foundation I go through this stuff pretty fast (2-4 months) which is annoying.

This is my favourite foundation at the moment.

on 12/6/2009 7:59:00 PM

First of all, I need to say that I don't use this as a foundation. I use this as a concealer since it is the same as the studio finish concealer, only this doesn't contain SPF ( i'm allergic to most sunscreens). The coverage is phenomenal, but it can be a tad bit drying, so I don't use it for my under eye area. I can see how this would be hard to blend if you use it asa foundation, but it blends easy when tapped over a blemish as a concealer. This is a better deal than buying the little pot of studio finish concealer, so I highly recommend.

on 10/25/2009 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

HECK NO NEVER AGAIN. i was trying to switch from chanel.. this one is sooo sooo streaky.. as soon as i wore it the first day everyone told me that my face looks cakey. as the day grew longer i was hoping that it would glide itself off.. but it just looked cakier. never AGaiN!

on 10/22/2009 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Very mixed feelings about this foundation.Its the second time I m buying and trying this one,the first time was total disaster and through it away,this summer I thought to buy it again and give it a second chance.From the name and from the thick consistency I expected really full coverage,but with this one the think is that if I just use the regular amount the coverage is quite sheer especially for such a thick foundation.Only if I really build it and layer it I achieve the full coverage that this foundation promises.I don't have problem to layer my foundation,I m doing it with all my foundations,but the problem with this is that I can very easy look like I m wearing a mask because sets on the skin like a thick paste.It's quite tricky foundation the only way that I found that this working on me decently is to use it with a wet sponge or with MAC 187 brush.Still is a tricky foundation that needs very good blending and for sure isn't a foundation that you can wear it in a minute and go out.Any time I want to use this I have to make sure that I have plenty of time in my hands to really blend it and work it into my skin otherwise looks so cakey and thick that looks very ugly.I forgot to mention that this foundation comes in a compact and has very thick consistency,so thick that to me looks more like a thick balm than a regular cream foundation.I don't have problems with the consistency but with this one I noticed that during the winter when the weather is cold this becomes so thick and tight that it's almost impossible to take it out of the compact and then during the summer with the heat and the sun this seems to melt and only then looks like a cream foundation.The staying power is good but from MAC they told me that this is a water resistant foundation for me this doesn't have more staying power than a foundation which isn't water resistant.Especially during summer this tends to melt on my skin and sets into fine lines a lot,during winter didn't notice that.For me works much better as a concealer I don't use it any more all over my face because it isn't really up to me to look good with this foundation but it is the matter of luck and I don't like that.As a concealer works great but I don't use it under my eyes because sets a lot in lines I use it only on areas that need extra coverage.Estee Lauder maximum cover foundation offers the same coverage and although it's little drying for my skin I prefer it from this one because doesn't look that thick on my face.This is just me but I believe that when you make an opaque coverage foundation there is no need to has such an emollient formula because the combination of thick and emollient makes it so difficult to blend easily and look good and flawless and also the emollient consistency doesn't hide imperfections as good as a more non-that-emollient consistency does.For example if you have a pimple that you want to cover it you need something matte to give you flat finish an emollient foundation will give sheen and dimension and imperfections and dimension don't go together

on 9/5/2009 5:19:00 PM

I got this in a swap and the colour match is perfect for me.But Im not overly impressed with this as a full coverage foundation.It applies ok,I either use a sponge or a firm brush and it goes on ok.It blends fairly easily and doesnt looked caked,But it doesnt last long and it certainly doesnt cover everything.I had high hopes for it covering broken veins on my cheeks but they still show thru.I still use it and its ok under my mineral powder foundation but I wouldnt spend £22 on it!!! I much prefer Revlons' colorstay,now there is a great foundation.

Popular Crème Foundations