October 22, 2014 | 918 users online

Crème - MAC - Full Coverage Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2010 2:53:00 AM More reviews by kimmiem231

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

i use this as a concealer i would use it sometimes as a foundation but sheered out with fix plus and a sponge but to me it's like buying concealer in bluk lol since it lasts me forever

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 2:08:00 PM More reviews by lorraine07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is THE foundation! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! I normally use little to cover imperfections or a lot if I want more coverage. Too bad they are only available at the Pro stores.
I make sure that I moisturize my face before applying. This helps me not to look cakey. I usually set with a little bit of powder (any setting powder). It looks wonderful and my pictures look flawless. No wonder a lot of makeup artists love this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2009 12:59:00 PM More reviews by martas777

Oh gosh. I hate this foundation. It's looks so cakey, not flattering at all. I think it's the worst foundation I've ever tried. I've tried to apply this with wet and dry sponge, 187 brush, my fingers... It looks disgusting on me, doesn't matter what I do.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2009 12:23:00 PM More reviews by looweehse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

PROS:
- It caters to my very pale skin (I got the shade W10)
- Does give full coverage for those who need it, but can be sheered out. I apply it with a regular foundation brush and gradually build it up to full, i find applying it with a sponge gives full coverage quickly but looks cakey. You could sheer it out with a wet sponge.
- Didn't budge all day and I have oily skin, also didn't make my skin oilier.
- Didn't oxidise
- Good investment as you can use it as a concealer, which would take years for you to run out.
- I found it easy to blend
- Didn't settle into my pores
- Not too expensive
- The packaging isn't bulky and the lid is clear so you can see exactly what it is.

CONS:
- Wouldn't be good for dry skin
- Doesn't contain SPF like the Studio Finish concealer, this may or may not matter to you.
- Obviously with it being a PRO product it's difficult to get a hold of. Especially my shade (W10).
- When used as a foundation I go through this stuff pretty fast (2-4 months) which is annoying.

This is my favourite foundation at the moment.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by TheHybred

First of all, I need to say that I don't use this as a foundation. I use this as a concealer since it is the same as the studio finish concealer, only this doesn't contain SPF ( i'm allergic to most sunscreens). The coverage is phenomenal, but it can be a tad bit drying, so I don't use it for my under eye area. I can see how this would be hard to blend if you use it asa foundation, but it blends easy when tapped over a blemish as a concealer. This is a better deal than buying the little pot of studio finish concealer, so I highly recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2009 9:32:00 PM More reviews by msgiang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HECK NO NEVER AGAIN. i was trying to switch from chanel.. this one is sooo sooo streaky.. as soon as i wore it the first day everyone told me that my face looks cakey. as the day grew longer i was hoping that it would glide itself off.. but it just looked cakier. never AGaiN!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2009 12:39:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

Very mixed feelings about this foundation.Its the second time I m buying and trying this one,the first time was total disaster and through it away,this summer I thought to buy it again and give it a second chance.From the name and from the thick consistency I expected really full coverage,but with this one the think is that if I just use the regular amount the coverage is quite sheer especially for such a thick foundation.Only if I really build it and layer it I achieve the full coverage that this foundation promises.I don't have problem to layer my foundation,I m doing it with all my foundations,but the problem with this is that I can very easy look like I m wearing a mask because sets on the skin like a thick paste.It's quite tricky foundation the only way that I found that this working on me decently is to use it with a wet sponge or with MAC 187 brush.Still is a tricky foundation that needs very good blending and for sure isn't a foundation that you can wear it in a minute and go out.Any time I want to use this I have to make sure that I have plenty of time in my hands to really blend it and work it into my skin otherwise looks so cakey and thick that looks very ugly.I forgot to mention that this foundation comes in a compact and has very thick consistency,so thick that to me looks more like a thick balm than a regular cream foundation.I don't have problems with the consistency but with this one I noticed that during the winter when the weather is cold this becomes so thick and tight that it's almost impossible to take it out of the compact and then during the summer with the heat and the sun this seems to melt and only then looks like a cream foundation.The staying power is good but from MAC they told me that this is a water resistant foundation for me this doesn't have more staying power than a foundation which isn't water resistant.Especially during summer this tends to melt on my skin and sets into fine lines a lot,during winter didn't notice that.For me works much better as a concealer I don't use it any more all over my face because it isn't really up to me to look good with this foundation but it is the matter of luck and I don't like that.As a concealer works great but I don't use it under my eyes because sets a lot in lines I use it only on areas that need extra coverage.Estee Lauder maximum cover foundation offers the same coverage and although it's little drying for my skin I prefer it from this one because doesn't look that thick on my face.This is just me but I believe that when you make an opaque coverage foundation there is no need to has such an emollient formula because the combination of thick and emollient makes it so difficult to blend easily and look good and flawless and also the emollient consistency doesn't hide imperfections as good as a more non-that-emollient consistency does.For example if you have a pimple that you want to cover it you need something matte to give you flat finish an emollient foundation will give sheen and dimension and imperfections and dimension don't go together

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by almost40

I got this in a swap and the colour match is perfect for me.But Im not overly impressed with this as a full coverage foundation.It applies ok,I either use a sponge or a firm brush and it goes on ok.It blends fairly easily and doesnt looked caked,But it doesnt last long and it certainly doesnt cover everything.I had high hopes for it covering broken veins on my cheeks but they still show thru.I still use it and its ok under my mineral powder foundation but I wouldnt spend £22 on it!!! I much prefer Revlons' colorstay,now there is a great foundation.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2009 4:29:00 PM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to rate this so low because there just isn't other way. I know Mac products are of high quality, i know many of you have successfully used this foundation and it's become a HG for maaaany many ladies BUT.
It simply didn't work out for me. I've been asking about this foundation for ages, it's been in my bathroom for months ever since i purchased it and couldn't use it. It cakes like hell on my skin no matter what i do.
So the story goes like this: i purchased this in Stockholm, at the Mac counter inside Sweden's equivalent of Bergdorf Goodman (it's called NK, a wonderful retail store), after having to put up a little fight with the ladies at the counter because they were very rude and didn't know too much either. One of them 'recommended' a shade and obviously, i ended up with an entirely wrong color- it was winter, i had makeup on, the lighting inside the store was very strong so she recommended NW20 which is crazy since i am a NC30 at least, not to mention summer. Anyways.
I applied it on the way back home (was getting bored on the train, haha, wiped my makeup off and applied it with a little sponge).
When i got home i saw the disaster- it was too light and had caked, settling in my pores. No biggie, i said, it was very cold outside, the foundation is supposed to be used blended with a moisturizer or damp sponge, i knew the entire bla bla, so i didn't give it too much importance and decided to suck it up and use it as a concealer because of the lightness in it. what could i do.
over the next months i tried using it in every way possible. i even bought several types of sponges, two different foundation brushes, not to mention the moisturizer galore- i tried EVERYTHING. I tried to apply it on damp face, dry face with damp sponge, moist face, moist sponge, small light strokes, dabs, brushes, fingers, anything, i even warmed it up in the microwave after reading a girl's recommendation- it just didn't settle at all.
when i take it on the sponge/brush/finger, it looks so thick and when i apply it on the face it settles straight into my pores, which happened to be quite large at that time, and gives that mask look with tiny white dots on the nose and cheeks. the coverage is also non existent on the face so i thought i'd give it a try as a concealer. it just set in the undereye fine lines and that was the best i could make of it. sigh.
apart from the foundation itself, i don't like the packaging, looks super cheap, the dull black case with a transparent lid....just to make things worse. it doesn't have a mirror either. but my biggest complain comes from the consistency and the coverage problems. maybe i just got a foundation from an expired batch, sometimes i heard it happens while the products are being shipped from the US, then it might also be the storage methods, this product was straight below the strong lighting and i'm not sure for how long it's been staying there...
anyways, if anyone knows another super method i could try i'd be very grateful. i paid the equivalent of 35 euros on this foundation and i couldn't use it at all, this is so frustrating!
thanks in advance....

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2009 10:10:00 AM More reviews by dconwright2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have been searching for a quality cream foundation and this is the best that i've tried thus far. though it is considered full coverage, which it is, covers all of my blemishes, it doesn't looked caked up and people can never tell that i'm wearing foundation. my problem with this product is that it doesn't last all day especially in hot weather, maybe a primer would help. i don't know. back to the positive, a compact lasts about 8 months, which is awesome! and the price around $30 isn't bad. department stores and MAC shops no longer sell this product. you have to order by calling MAC customer service, which i find quite strange.