October 21, 2014 | 2013 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2010 3:50:00 PM More reviews by prettyanduglytk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

DDD?
Looking for a body sunscreen?
Want to have an unnatural purplish cast all over your body?
Want to have uneven white streaks everywhere that does not absorb?
BUY THIS SUNSCREEN

I usually buy SPF30 from Neutrogena's Dry Touch line, have been getting increasingly paranoid about sunscreen and sun damage, so I said I'd try the SPF55. I bought TWO bottles on a BOGO free deal at the local pharmacy. If you want to look like a streaked purplish ghost with ghastly white streaks everywhere - get this! YUCK. Definitely not made with darker skinner divas in mind (I am about an NW47)

I 'm going back to the SPF30. Also, why is this product so expensive for a drugstore product? Five years ago it did not cost as much as it does now - buy online, seriously. Also only 3ounces? Ideally you should put one ounce of sunscreen on every day (especially if you have a lot of skin exposed) which feels impossible, but eh. The lack of strong scent is a plus also it is just a sunscreen - not a moisturizer (which I also like) but YUCK go to the SPF30! Truly invisible, truly sheer, truly dry, truly unscented.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2010 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Angelwing1020

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I changed my view on this. I used to love it, but I'm not sure if my anti-wrinkle cream made my skin more sensitive, but I went out to film a tennis game for 20 minutes. I re-applied it before the game and I ended up with a bad sunburn on my face, arms, and legs.

I feel that it's not very good if you're going to be out on prolonged exposure to the sun, but it's a nice sunscreen for everyday.

This starts off as a semi-matte finish, but it does break down and become greasy. It doesn't break down my makeup completely.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2010 6:32:00 AM More reviews by ClassicalGirl87

although I added this product to my favorites it is only because the SPF on this thing is true to the number amazingly! It is long lasting and does absorb quickly but under makeup on the face is a NOPE! I get a dewy look with it on underneath my makeup, when I prefer to be more matte then dewy/greasy. I will most likely purchase a lower SPF say 15 for my face and keep this one for my neck and chest or for the face when not wearing makeup.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2010 11:55:00 AM More reviews by whisper

I only use Neutrogena brand sunblock, so I'm admittedly very biased in my opinion (in addition to not really having other brands to compare). That said, I think I'm very fair and accurate when I review products. This particular sunblock has a few downfalls, although it is still excellent overall. The first thing I appreciate is the cost if you're wise in your shopping and look around the drugstore circulars to find where it's on sale, and you use a manufacturer's coupon on top of that, you can easily snag this for just under $7 a tube. (I did so yesterday at my local Walgreens!) The consistency I like for the most part; it does feel lightweight and clean, and it's not sticky or "goopy" whatsoever. The fragrance (there is fragrance, it's the last ingredient listed on the label) is actually awesome I know that may sound strange (especially since I normally avoid any scented facial products like the plague) however, I LOVE how this lotion smells! It's hard to describe kind of a lovely, mild (key word: MILD) floral. If you've used this, or have smelled it, then you'll know what I'm talking about. It doesn't smell like a typical sunscreen lotion, which is a good thing. (Personally I hate smelling like a pina colada; no thank you!) The standout negative w/this, for me, is the 'feel' specifically on the face. Whereas my regular facial sunblock (Neutrogena UltraSheer Dry-Touch SPF 100+ w/helioplex, which I HIGHLY recommend for everyday use on the face; it's utterly fabulous and unbeatable) gives a nice matte, velvety-but-supple finish, this SPF 55 version is somehow not the same. I don't know whether the actual formulation is to blame, or what. I would think that the same lotion in different SPF values would offer the same basic formulation, just w/varying protection...like I said, I don't know what it is, but the SPF 55 is definitely different on the face, and not in a good way. I still love using this on my neck, shoulders, arms, and hands (and other exposed areas on days I wear dresses, etc..) so, ultimately, I would still recommend it for use on the entire body (including face, yes, but again it's not as nice as the 100+). It won't make you smell like a coconut, it absorbs beautifully w/out leaving streaks or pastiness, and it won't transfer onto your clothing. But if you're looking for a perfect daily sunscreen for your FACE, then I strongly advise that you pick up the 100+ version of this, because it's indeed far superior as far as facial sunblock goes. Having used both, that's the conclusion I've come to. Neutrogena makes great sunblock. (btw, I have a dermatologist in my family, and he wholeheartedly approves!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2010 2:14:00 PM More reviews by maria526

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a few years and love it. It provides great protection from the sun, goes on smoothly, dries quickly without making my skin feel greasy, and doesn't leave my face shiny. Since I wear it for boating and other outdoor activities, I don't put makeup on over it, and my skin still looks pretty good, like there's a matte kind of glow. It's supposed to be sweat-proof and water-proof, but I always feel like I need to re-apply whenever my skin gets wet. I only use it on my face, and use the spray-on "sport" sunblocks for the rest of my body.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2010 8:46:00 AM More reviews by nola80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been on an anti aging kick and decided to use this on my face. I had no problems with stinging, irritation or flaking, but I have very oily face and when I wear it alone without foundation it gets really oily. It blends really well when I use makeup on top....however...I'm pretty sure it's the culprit behind my breakouts! I changed my facewash and foundation, so I know it's not those, so I'm pretty sure it's the sunblock. I'm very disappointed since I didn't hav any probs with it the first few weeks! Will probably use sometimes but not daily anymore.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2010 9:55:00 PM More reviews by g_82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the high SPF of it, though it feels a bit greasy. I cannot step out of the door without a dust of loose power on top of it, otherwise my face will look as shiny as a mirror under the sun~~
Good value for money tho. It'd better for the body I reckon.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2010 11:21:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett0722

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have oily acne prone skin - I wear sunscreen & makeup daily, thus I don't want a sunscreen that will make me look shiny/oily. This sunscreen is a very thick cream, not bad to smell, but it is heavy. My problem with this is it settles into lines, making me look older than 23. I get shiny with it. It doesn't dry matte. It's heavy and clogs my pores & a real pain to get off. I feel like it bonds with superglue qualities to my makeup. Just hate it. Sofina & Missha sunscreens are much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2010 4:40:00 AM More reviews by Kerstyn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Okay,I'm going to have to go back in a minute and read through reviews for this same product,only in lower/higher SPF's,because I notice this one is getting lower reviews,and I'm not sure why [what's the difference].Anyway,this is the one I bought last fall [SPF 55],and after years of wearing other facial sunscreens,and suffering all day with oil-slicks that looked AND felt horrible...well,I loved this product!
It was nothing like the other "regular" sunscreens I've used.With my old ones,I'd "shine" from the moment I applied it,until the time I took it off,it wrecked my make-up everyday,it was embarrassing to say the least.I am already very oily/acne-prone;so needless to say,I hated wearing sunscreen on my face...but I did a lot of tanning when I was in my teens/20's,and I wanted to avoid any further lines/wrinkles/damage...so I suffered with the oil-slick every day.Neutrogena Dry Touch is WAY different,there is absolutely NO shine when applied,or throughout the day.It does not affect the way that your make-up applies,or wears through the day,it does not "feel heavy".You will not even know you're wearing "sunscreen".I think it may have caused my acne to flare just a small bit the first week or so,but after my skin adjusted...it's been great ever since,no problems.And with no oil/shine,you can't beat the fact that you're also getting a HIGH level of UVA & UVB protection,that's another thing that you can't get in just "any/all" sunscreens.So,worth the price,great product!!!! *And just an FYI,yes,like most sunscreens,it can "burn" if it gets into the eyes,so if you're using it on the face,be careful when applying it,and probably the same rule,if you're going to be outside sweating/active.*

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2010 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Adriana_C

This is a pretty good everyday sunscreen for your face. It never makes my face feel hot or sweaty later on like some other sunscreens. It also has kept my skin clear. The finish isn't quite matte, so I usually use some powder after. I think I'll keep buying this, because it does what I need and is in my price range.