April 19, 2014 | 925 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Moisturizing Body Wash - "Deep Moisture"

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2010 8:04:00 PM More reviews by JenniferDeann

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've rewritten this review several times, but my final rating hasn't changed. I did buy the Target generic of this originally and I liked it so I thought I'd try the real deal. The Target version had ammonium-based cleansers whereas this one has sodium-based cleansers. And I liked it. Now it looks like the Target version has changed to where the ingredient lists look identical. Anywhoo, I like the fragrance of this Dove body wash as it is very light and neutral, and it's easy to use. But after only two or three days my skin, and especially my face, feels dried out. I have since switched to Olay (Target generic actually) and I'm back to normal, whew!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2009 3:11:00 AM More reviews by Roseandthorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I also get these in a 2-pack at Costco and it ends up being very cheap. All the skin on my body except for my face gets dry very easily, and this body wash seems to help a bit. It's very creamy and suds up nicely with my bath pouf. It does not make my back break out either, which is a good thing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2009 8:56:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

My mom bought this at Costco in a set of 2. So I figured I'd try it out. It's a very creamy and smooth body wash. I'm very use to lotioning my skin after the shower, especially when it get cold but less now that I started using this product. It really does keep my skin moisturized. I feel that I can go without lotioning my body after the shower. Needless to say I love the dove smell. It's refreshing and such a clean smell. Def recommend for all skin types

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2009 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Paulygirl21

I've been wanting to try this for sometime, as I had grown to strongly dislike my St. Ives Oatmeal and Shea Butter body wash. So far, so good. Very moisturizing and I really like the creamy texture. Not as emamored with the scent as I thought I'd be, but I don't hate it, either. I predict that this one will be a bathroom staple for me, but will update should I decide otherwise.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2009 5:30:00 AM More reviews by andythemuppet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is *the* most moisturizing body wash there is out there. I have used this for about 6 months and I'm never switching back to anything else, including the dove bar.
The smell is light and the body wash is creamy and luxurious. I take HOT hot showers, and even so, my skin always comes out clean, soft and fresh. I get so many compliments on the softness and silky feel of my skin :)

I think that when you're out there shopping for body washes, you have to remember the actual purpose of it and not get carried away by crazy scents, like the ones at the body shop and lush. All those bottles look prettier in the shower, but at least in my case, my skin always feels dry and tight.

If you want clean and soft skin, this is the product I recommend that you start with. You can seriously skip body lotion for like a week and your skin will still feel fantastic.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2009 11:34:00 AM More reviews by sparrowoftheroses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Decided to try this after hearing all the love from MUA. It really is great! My skin is very dry, and in the winter especially, it gets itchy. I feel gross if I don't wash up every day, but other body washes just made the itch worse. Body lotion helped, but let's face it, it's a PITA to apply every day and then you feel greasy.

This body wash is opaque and white. It reminds me a lot of a cream cleanser. I'm not wild about the scent, which is really sugary, but it's not too strong either. A quarter size drop makes a really rich lather. Some reviewers here said it didn't lather up well, but maybe that was the old formulation? Either way, it cleans well and leaves my skin very moisturized. Don't have to use body lotion anymore, and no more winter itches. Seems to have eased my keratosis pilaris a bit, but time will tell if that's permanent.

UPDATE: My KP has significantly improved after using this for about a month. It has not gone away completely, but this body wash has helped it more than anything else I've tried, and the improvement has actually lasted. If you have KP, try this out.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2009 6:23:00 PM More reviews by fuzzysham

This is a very moisturizing body wash and definitely a must try if you have dry skin. However the reason for this 3 star rating is that because it's so thick it not only doesn't lather or spread easily at all, 99% of the time it leaves a crazy white film of soap on my skin that I need to spend extra time scrubbing off. I have actually gotten out of the shower and then realized I had to get back in to make sure all the soap was off my skin. Another thing that bothers me is that with it being so thick, once you get to the bottom of the bottle you can't store it upside down because of the awkward bottle cap/top and it really sucks trying to get the really thick cream out. The actual moisturizing properties of this body wash are really really good, but I'm sticking to Olay which doesn't leave this awkward film on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2009 6:26:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love!!! Smells great. Not the richest lather, but it feels luxurious despite! No icky film or residue left that I have noticed. Makes my comb/oily skin feel so soft! The packaging is fine. Decent price. I would recommend!! Yes, I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2009 6:12:00 PM More reviews by tuffins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This very product made me question why I would even considor spending $30 on body wash like I normally do. While showering at a friends I saw this and decided to wash up with it. My skin was so undeniably smooth I was blown away! I love the scent of it (maybe its a bit too strong though). I found a sale at shoppers and got 3 for $10. Quite the deal considoring it's $7.49 cdn regular price! I will continue to use up the expensive stuff and this will be the mainstay. Cheap and lovely. One lippie off for such a strong scent.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2009 2:59:00 PM More reviews by nikkijb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just picked up the version with the nutrium moisture. I have to say that I love this! While it isn't a bunch of lather, it does lather. It feels so soft and luxurious. Once I get out of the shower, my skin feels super soft. It does not leave a film of any kind and it smells nice. It has not caused any problems for my dry and sensitive skin. I think this will become my new everyday body wash, especially in the winter!

EDIT 9/26/09: Unfortunately I spoke too soon. It didn't take long for this to irritate my skin. Everytime I washed with it my skin would get so itchy. It is such a bummer because this is definitely very moisturizing and feels so luxurious. I think this is still a great body wash, it just didn't work for me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No