Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 2/23/2015 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use Retin A, occasionally AHAs, and I have sensitive skin.

I wash my face with coconut oil in the evenings (wipe it off with a warm wet cloth) and use this afterward if I'm putting on Retin A that night. I rinse off with water.

I also use it every morning in the shower to get off whatever treatment I was using overnight and it doesn't make my skin dry or break out. It's got the fewest ingredients I could find in a cleanser and it's mild enough for me to use when my skin's oversensitive from the days I overdo exfoliation.

I wouldn't use it to remove makeup or sunscreen, but as a cleanser that's just a step up from plain water, I like it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My skin is combination, sensitive & acne-prone this product does not strip my skin but i didn't feel it cleanse that well either. I used this product quite a while and found out where all my clogged pores came from, I read the ingredients beforehand and notice half of them are comedogenic but insisted to buy it anyway. I still have 2/3 leftover so i used this only when i do chemical peeling as it is gentle on skin. But totally won't repurchase.

on 2/22/2015 6:25:00 AM

This is my most essential product! I started using this product about a year ago after everything else I had tried on my skin had made it worse (I have keratosis pillars on my arms, which are like little red lumps and can sometimes look like a rash). I use this cleanser in the shower as pretty much a body wash and my arms have never looked better! While the texture does feel weird at first, you get used to it after the first time. I have never really used a cleanser on my face, as I have always had perfect skin and never felt the need to, but I use this morning and night on my face and it leaves it feeling smooth and refreshed. An excellent product that works well! It also comes in different sizes so it is very convenient, and you can get a 1L for $18!! Great price for a brilliant product!

on 2/17/2015 9:53:00 AM

This is a horrible cleanser does nothing. The consistency is horrible too gloopy and has little to no foam . I have combination sensitive acne prone skin this did not clean my skin I still felt not clean. Even caused my face to become over dry it started to product more oil,breakouts, blotchy redness and dulls the complexion.

Really wanted to like it (love the cream for dry skin!), but my face would break out in clusters of pimples every time I used it. Guess it doesn't do enough to cleanse my somewhat-congested skin.

on 2/16/2015 6:52:00 AM

Had a bad skin reaction to it, my skin is almost burning as I write this. This stuff was very nasty for me.

on 2/12/2015 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think this product is good for certain times in your life. Probably the best times is in adolescence or puberty or highschool or any of those times when you need something so gentle for your acne.

I had a bottle of this lying around that my sister left behind (apparently she was over it too) and out of desperation (no moola) I decided to use it. I still had a huge bottle which was more than half full.

Yes it's gentle but it really doesn't remove any makeup or oil or anything! I think it seriously does absolutely nothing and it's like washing with water. It leaves a strange film behind too and I hate that. When I dry my face, I see splotches of foundation over my WHITE towels. Ew. Yes this was good long ago, but now eh, I don't have a problem with acne as much as I used to but want something that actually would clean your face. I tried mixing this with Neutrogena's fresh foaming cleanser (another favorite I had back in HS) and the combo is just not good. Oh well. I'll have to find better cleansers now that my HG is gone (Orjene Organics Foaming Facewash).

on 2/10/2015 9:10:00 PM

I love this cleanser its gentle and doesn't leave any problems like many cleansers. The price is very lovely, I buy the bigger one which comes with a travel size tube. I use to use proactiv when I was 12 and had super bad break outs but the benzoyl peroxide didn't go well with my skin, drying it out (although It worked better than the other acid forgot the name) then I tried this and at first I thought this won't work on my skin it won't fight acne or clean it good, but I was wrong it help my skins moisture and now I'm 100% acne free, I been using this for four years now, sometimes I notice it doesn't clean all my makeup off but then I clean my face again

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This a mild facial cleanser which doesn't foam and doesn't contain any fragrance.

Lately I'd been experiencing a lot of breakouts and irritation and so I bought this as I had heard good things. Within a week of using this, I found my skin had calmed down considerably so I'm really liking this so far. However, I also started using a witch hazel toner around the same time so I can't say for sure if it was this cleanser alone that improved my skin.

This is not strong enough to remove makeup. I usually use an oil cleanser to remove makeup (working the oil cleanser onto dry face of makeup and then rinsing with warm water), before massaging the Cetaphil cleanser into my damp skin and rinsing. This cleanser leaves my skin feeling soft and balmy, i.e. not drying and tight like other cleansers. I then pat my face dry and sweep a cotton pad with a little T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel toner across my face before following with oil-free moisturiser.

This cleanser is great value and my skins feel lovely and soft afterwards. I'd certainly repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

The reason why I go back to this cleanser is because I've never had any allergic reaction to this.

Now, I know most of you will stray away from SLS or parabens, but please don't get caught up with this hype. I've seen girls talk about staying away from parabens while eating food containing them. I've worked this these products and study them and they are fine, no harm whatsoever.

The reason why its recommended by dermatologist especially when you have skin diseases is because its absences of all the other ingredients like fragrances and oils, which are the reason behind most allergic reactions. This is very mild and you must and an exceptional skin condition if you're allergic to this

Also claims about how it can't remove make up is bull. This is a mild cleanser, it does not remove your clogging waterproof make up. Use a make up remover please. Ppl with sensitive skin or are using many topical products need cleansers too.

The consistency is runny and has no fragrance and it doesn't foam, so if you want cleansers that does those then this product may not be for you

I have combination skin which is sensitive to all fragrances and oils and having acne and the need to use topical products, this cleansers is mild enough for me to serve its purpose

Thumbs up to this product

Video Reviews & Tutorials