Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 11/29/2014 3:38:00 AM

This is my favorite cleanser I have ever tried. I've tried so many different kinds and have never found one I love until now. I have normal skin. My favorite way to use this is to apply it to dry skin and massage in. It goes on like you're applying a thin lotion to your face. I rub it in and wipe off with a warm cloth. It removes makeup easily when done this way! It leaves your skin feeling so soft and not tingly or tight like other face washes. I usually then follow up with using this with my clarisonic for a deep clean. I feel like this works good with the clarisonic and leaves your face feeling amazing. It doesn't lather up so it's kind of different but this stuff works!! I will defiantly repurchase! I got a big bottle with a pump for like 9 bucks...it comes with so much product that it's a better deal than the other drugstore brand face washes. Can't say enough good things about this!!!

on 11/28/2014 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My doctor recommended this to me for my acne prone skin. I used it twice a day, as a wash in the morning and leaving it on in the evenings. While my skin felt soft when using it, I can't say it really did anything for my skin. Probably wont repurchase.

on 11/17/2014 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Tried to love this cleanser but it's not for my skin. I really dislike the texture and it feels like its not properly cleaning my face. My skin looked congested and dull after using this, I really don't get the hype with this product, maybe my least favorite cleanser. I can only imagine trying to wash off makeup with this would be a complete fail. I switched right back to my Himalaya Turmeric and Neem face wash which is one of my favorites, it foams and natural ingredients its perfect, and my skin started to look a lot better.

on 11/17/2014 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this cleanser for 5 or more years and it's been pretty good to my skin. It is very gentle and my face usually doesn't feel dried out at all after washing it and I've battled some dry skin at times with other face washes. It doesn't do the best job cleaning out my pores though, it doesn't feel like a deep enough cleaning after wearing makeup. I recently decided I want to find something better, something just a gentle but deeper cleaning. The main reason for this is because there is sodium laureth sulfate in this product, which is a known skin irritant (even though I don't notice, my skin often does look kind of red and somewhat irritated at times.) I rather stay away from using SLS anywhere on my body. I just wish this product were more natural.

on 11/12/2014 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

A really nice, accessible, simple cleanser that is very gentle and works well at cleaning the skin without stripping it or making it feel tight. I mention the accessibility factor because I used to use Paulas Choice products exclusively, but they closed the Australian online store for a little while, while they did refurbishments and then something that became kind of annoying to order became really nearly impossible and frustrating to order from the international site. I am not hating on Paula's Choice cleansers, I'd still use them now that the Australian site is up, but now I'm content with this cleanser doing everything I want and need at an affordable price.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

A little expensive, but this product helped me when I suffered from mild eczema and needed a mild cleanser on my body :) It's slippery and comes out of the bottle quickly. I don't think this was intended to be a facial cleanser, just a body cleanser for sensitive skin, so don't use it on your face!

on 11/3/2014 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure

used it for about a week. irritated my already damaged skin. I was looking fr something gentle and this didnt do it.

on 10/28/2014 5:27:00 PM

I think this is too slippery for my taste.

As I haven't gotten a good clean of my face.

Very mild gentle cleanser though.

I prefer cleansing foams and salicylic acid cleansers.

on 10/27/2014 8:15:00 PM

There are very few products that I stick with for the long haul. I discovered Cetaphil five years ago when my dermatologist recommended after a particularly bad bout of adult acne. This will take off even the most stubborn long-wear foundation when I use the tissue-off method. At night, I dispense two pumps and REALLY work it into my skin. Then, I take 1-2 tissues to wipe off all the makeup. Then, I go back with one pump and use the rinse-off method. In the morning, I use one pump in the shower and rinse off using the spray.

I am in cosmetology school, and our school uses Dermalogica products (which cost an arm and a leg.) I've been using Dermalogica since I've been in school and my skin has never been worse. I went back to my tried and true Cetaphil, and all my blackheads, pustular acne, and hormonal acne has completely disappeared! I will never stray from Cetaphil ever again!

Keep in mind that Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is NOT a foaming cleanser. They have a bar "soap" that foams up if you like the bubbles, but I love the fact that this product only has 8 ingredients. The bar works just as well and is what I use to cleanse my body in the shower.

PROs:
- Gentle on skin
- Takes off long-wearing foundations
- Removes waterproof mascara
- Multiple ways to use this cleanser
- Cost effective
- Offered almost anywhere (Big-box chains, pharmacies, grocery stores, etc.)

CONs:
- Texture is off-putting (It looks like a specific male bodily fluid, if you catch my drift.)
- Does not work like a traditional cleanser

on 10/26/2014 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is something I would only recommend if your skin was extremely sensitive. It didn't do much for my skin. The texture and scent just reminded me of a hand soap and not a cleanser. It was difficult to bubble and I was just not impressed with the product overall. However, if you just want a light and sensitive cleanser for everyday, then I definitely do recommend this product.