August 1, 2014 | 940 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Hairproductaddict

I have eczema and hence have very sensitive skin. I decided to try this product after I ran out of my usual Sebamed cleanser.

But after one use, my skin itches quite bad and become slightly reddish. At first I thought it is the warm weather that triggers my eczema, but it still itches after the second and third use. My sister has the same condition as I am, but her body reacted even worse with this product. Her skin itches horribly.

I am not taking anymore chances with this product. Oh, and only after using it that I realized... That this product contains SLS and alcohol, which are known triggers for sensitive skin. How can they market to be dermatologically tested for sensitive skin?

My advice to people who are suffering from eczema, seborrheic dermatitis, or psoriasis who have the intention of trying this product, get a sample to try it first before buying.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 3:32:00 AM More reviews by daniellecwz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This face wash is so simple and gentle on my face and the price is amazing for the amount of product they give you. It did help my skin feel smoother and clean.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by joyelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my HG cleanser. I have tried so many high and lower end cleansers and virtually all of them irritated my skin in some way. This product comes in a pump bottle which I like for the obvious hygienic reasons. One pump is all I need to cleanse. I don't expect this product to remove eye or face makeup, I just use it to cleanse. It has no fragrance and has the consistency of a very runny cream-gel. It does not foam I just gently massage it in small circular motions after wetting my skin. After rinsing with water, my skin feels clean and fresh. I have normal to slightly dry skin and I have been using this exclusively for close to seven months. This soap-free cleanser seems to soothe my skin. I have very mild rosacea (flushing when I use a fragranced product or one with irritating ingredients). I bought a 16 oz. pump bottle for approximately $12 and I will repurchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by sharonstar1212

I lovee this cleanser ! its soo gentle on my acne prone skin and it doesnt leave a film. You just have to use circular motions and it does wonders. The price is ok I guess.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by titi56

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very good cleanser but does not remove eye make-up I use Lancome Bi-Facil for that, Have been using this cleanser after I had a facial treatment because it is not a soap. My skin still feels very dry after use but there is nothing out there that I have tried that ever left my skin not feeling this. way, In general good value but do not expect any improvements in your skin as it has no ingredients that have a wow factor but it won't make it worse

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 2:51:00 AM More reviews by frant90

Starting to get into my mid 20s and my hormones are changing. I am usually normal to oily but started to become overly dry. Got eczema and exfoliation ruined my skin. I needed moisture and using the normal to oily Cetaphil was just drying me out more. Switched to this one and my eczema cleared and gave me back my baby soft skin. It doesn't "cleanse" as much as I want but it keeps my skin supple and I prefer that to anything. Plus toner removes what cleansers can't.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by veronicamontaro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use Cetaphil moisturizer, so I was expecting the same quality when I bought this face wash, but I was very disappointed. It doesn't lather at all, and even after using makeup wipes to remove most of my makeup, I could see it would not remove the remaining makeup without at least three washes. It felt like trying to wash my face with a thin lotion. I wasn't pleased at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Dani0518

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. My face is somewhat sensitive. It moisturizes my face and balances out the oilyness I get in the morning.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by aisabelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

If you have INCREDIBLY sensitive, and dehydrated skin, this is in no way right for you.
I have been using it for years in conjunction with Benzoyl Peroxide but have since stopped using BP to give my skin a break. I always thought my skin was dry because of the BP, but it is STILL dry, despite using a good moisturiser,toner and eliminating BP.

I recently realized that this has sulfate in it (the ingredient that makes it slightly lather) as well as alcohol and parabans! Every time I wash my face now I experience some peeling as well as stinging. Not good if you live in a harsh winter climate like me.

I would say though that it is a great price with respect to the amount of product you get, and it is easily accessible which is also nice.

However, if you have oily skin or non-sensitive skin, this should do you just fine. I definitely would not recommend to anyone with sensitive, dehydrated acne-prone skin however. Far better products out there! No one wants to make their breakouts more irritated.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2014 1:11:00 PM More reviews by puredouceur

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I have very sensitive skin

This has a nice texture, but I felt a very slight 'burn' while using it. If I'd buy it again - which I unfortunately not - I'd have to rinse it very quickly. Please note that I tried it several years ago; maybe the formula has changed since but I doubt it since it's so popular.

For a similar product (white, lotion-like and for sensitive skin), I prefer:
- Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser
- Marcelle BB Cleanser

I can even apply the two above suggestions directly on the skin (no water first) and leave it on until I remove it in the shower, even a few minutes later, while I can't do this with many cleansers for sensitive skins - including Cetaphil.