Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

on 5/4/2015 4:14:00 PM

Excellent for sensitive skin. Been using it for about 4 yrs now

on 4/30/2015 1:08:00 AM

I really like this product. It is a great cleanser and it does not make me break out like other products do!

on 4/28/2015 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I don't like this stuff, it makes my skin red and dry. I don't understand why dermatologists recommend this stuff...it's just SLS and preservatives.

on 4/26/2015 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I'm floored by how many people rave about this cleanser, it gave me one of the worst breakouts I ever experienced. I will NEVER try another Cetaphil product.

on 4/25/2015 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is my love. I have an oily skin but this product works like magic to me! It cleanse, moisturizes my skin and softens it really well! This product also helped me with my mild acne. Love it!

on 4/24/2015 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product was gentle, but the consistency is just nasty, and it didn't feel like a good cleanser. Very runny product

on 4/20/2015 5:22:00 PM

the only thing i like about this is the packaging because it comes in a pump.
otherwise, it doesn't lather, and it absolutely doesn't remove makeup so it's best for those who..don't use makeup! simple as that! plus, for combo skin, it just doesn't clean enough, so blackheads and oilness....just got worse for me. nope! plain hot water cleans better than this.

on 4/13/2015 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am completely in love with this product and after using it for almost 6 years, I am finally getting around to writing a review of it. I have true combination skin: dry on my cheekbones and oily in my T-zone. I run (both inside and outside), so I'm either sweating a lot (if I'm inside) or I'm sweating a lot and wearing sunscreen (if I'm outside). No matter which one, I still worry about all the sweat and gunk collecting in my pores. If I'm not running, I have on my makeup and I can be honest and say that I do the whole mattifier/primer/concealer/base/powder type deal, so there's a lot of makeup to get off my face at the end of the day.
So, about 6 years ago, I went to my dermatologist and complained about my skin. She is a runner as well and she said that she would recommend the Cetaphil face wash for my whole face along with the moisturizer for my dry areas only. Once I started using it, my skin improved and I found that I was washing out more gunk than I had been originally.
I love the feel of the product. It's smooth and silky without being too heavy. For me, it's easiest to use my baby wipes to get 99% of my makeup off, then I take the Cetaphil and put it on my face dry (I don't add water until I'm ready to rinse). I gently massage my face and work it in to get rid of all the nasty gunk. Once I'm done with that, I take a baby washcloth, run it under some lukewarm water, then I gently wipe the Cetaphil off my face. Once it's all wiped off, I rinse my face again, follow up with some lemon water astringent, and then finish with the Cetaphil moisturizing lotion.
Doing this has greatly improved my skin tone, I don't get breakouts from the sunscreen as easily, and I find that I don't get as windchapped in my dry areas during my winter runs.
The only problem I have is that I have the Cetaphil with the pump. I think it puts out too much product if I'm not careful. Other than that, this is definitely my HG of facial cleansers.

on 4/9/2015 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

A must-have for me, keeps my eczema skin gently cleaned. Use it several times a day on face & body. Love it.

on 4/5/2015 4:38:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have eczema and my husband has roseacea, and this is the only product we both use on a daily basis. I usually keep a tiny cup of baking soda in the shower and mix a small amount with the Cetaphil prior to placing it on my face and it acts as a cleanser and exfoliant in one. My husband just uses this alone.

This product does not work as a makeup remover for me, and I use Ponds cold cream and Neutrogena make up remover wipes to get my waterproof eye makeup off before I go to bed at night, so I use this in the morning for my shower.

This is great as an everyday gentle cleanser meant for those with skin problems. I still follow up with a toner and moisturiser. I've bought expensive brand name skin cleanser and still come back to this one.

Video Reviews & Tutorials