July 30, 2014 | 1988 users online

Concealers - Laura Mercier - Secret Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2011 10:07:00 AM More reviews by cperry36

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best concealer that I have tried thus far. I am in the concealer tone 1 and it completely covers the dark circles under my eyes without it looking like I have concealer on. This tint is one shade above my tinted moisturizer. I would absolutely recommend this product to anyone. A little goes a long way!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2011 6:00:00 PM More reviews by smdaigle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This concealer did nothing for me. It was too dark and after I applied and set it with powder it looked cakey and emphasized all of the lines under my eyes. It did not hide the dark circles even though I used it with the LM Perfecter.

By the end of my work day it was an oily, ugly mess that could only be salvaged by complete removal. I tried it for several days but finally returned it because it made my under-eye area look worse, not better.

Foundation alone is a better option for me than this. I'm still on a quest for my perfect concealer but sadly, LM is not it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by technopixie

This is the only product that covers blotchiness and acne without sitting on top of my skin and accentuating pores, dryness, or turning into an oil slick. The website says it's meant for under eye only, but I use it everywhere and it's the best. No irritation, no pore clogging. It performs so well and I need so little to get amazing results that the price strikes me as utterly reasonable.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by serenahartwell

This is a very good concealer. I have tried so many concealers from all brands, searching for one that specifically covered my under-eye darkness. This is probably the best I have ever tried. The consistency is creamy and thick, and only a tiny amount is needed to cover an area. It needs to be set with powder, otherwise it is shiny and tends to run. I use Laura Mercier translucent setting powder for now, and it works fine. Any good setting powder would probably do the trick. This concealer covers very well. It lasts all day at work, doesn't settle into creases or get caked unless it is applied too heavily, which is very easy to do. I apply it with my finger, then smooth it out, but I have applied it with a concealer brush too, and that works good too. I wish there was more product in the container, I hate how the bottom is elevated so there's a lot less in there than I initially thought. It's quite pricey for the amount you get as well. Overall, I'll keep buying it because it works better than any other concealer I've found, and a little goes a long way!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 10:27:00 PM More reviews by isseymiyake

i had a hard time to select among LM secret concealer, the MUF lift concealer and the Amazing concealer. None of them is perfect. The secret concealer creases badly, the lift concealer does not have enough coverage, whereas the amazing concealer is too yellowish and i prefer peachy/salmon color for the undereye. After several visits to Sephora, experimenting one by one, i finally picked the secret concealer as well as LM's brightening powder . it provides sufficient coverage, and the color (#2) matches me (NC25) perfectly. It looks pretty natural with proper application, which definitely requires bit practices. On the other hand, it needs to be set with powder, cleaning up the creases area carefully and therefore could be time consuming in application. Even underneath brightening powder, the coverage lasts for only about 3 to 4 hours. In short, this is decent and effective, but not perfect, but man, is there a perfect undereye concealer out there???

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by shruti899

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have had dark under eye circles for as long as I can remember. In my case its 100% genetic and hence, I think its realistic to think that under eye treatments can't do much for my eyes. On the other hand I have big eyes which, which is also 100% genetic and hence I have no reason to complain! lol
My dark circles tend to be the darkest on the inner corners of the eye. I use this concealer in #4 and its a perfect match. Check.
The problem here is that it covers very effectively if I layer it up but in about 30 minutes, I feel like the darkness seeps out again. May be it is not opaque enough? It doesnt look cakey and blends very well. It looks very oily/greasy once applied but looks fine when set with powder. It works better than the Bobbi Brown concealer for me.
So, until I find my HG concealer, this is going to stay in my stash.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2011 6:33:00 AM More reviews by chocface85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This concealer did not work for me. It was quite expensive considering it did not cover my blue/dark circles under my eyes. The consistency is very oily and the product slides and does not stay put, when I was trying to apply it qiht my finger tips gently dabbing it does not sink in or stay on the surface of the skin, maybe you have to use powder on top? However for the high price tag it should work just fine on it's own.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2011 5:49:00 PM More reviews by 4makeupreviews

This is one of the best concealers I have used. It stays on all day (although I use a translucent powder over it) and it blends easily with my skin. It is super creamy, so it's perfect for the dry, under-eye area. My only complaint is that sometimes it seeps into the little lines under my eyes if I've been smiling a lot. I would probably buy this again, but not if I found something that wouldn't make lines under my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by colourfulapple

This is one of my top 3 undereyes concealers. I used to like Benefit Erase Paste but it would melt away through the hot summer days. Plus, Laura Mercier's color range is better than Erase Paste. This concealer stays surprisingly well in 100F weather. The staying power is great, lasts 6 to 8 hours when you set it with translucent powder. The concealer is creamy and blends easily. You only need a little bit to cover dark circles. It provides a heavy coverage but not does not have a "thick" feeling. I have a relatively dry eye area but this does not cake up or shows fine lines like Bobbi Brown concealer and corrector.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by sabbles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is everything that Benefit's Erase Paste claims to be, but isn't. It covers dark circles wonderfully, and it has a creamy, even, consistency. Most importantly, this concealer does not accentuate fine lines and wrinkles. My advice: use a bit of powder to "set" the concealer and you will be good to go.