January 28, 2015 | 1295 users online

Concealers - Laura Mercier - Secret Concealer

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2012 6:08:00 AM More reviews by vikavi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it covers my dark circles fine, but it becomes too orange and dry after a while, setting into the fine lines. i can use only if I put it first under my eye area and after I shoud put on tinted moisturizer, than it looks pretty good, but overall cakey. The main problem to me is the orange color, i use number 2.
maybe my skin is too dry, i'll try to change my eye care line to reduce the dryness.
La Prairie concealer is much better by the way.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2012 6:21:00 AM More reviews by jordanXO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is great for undereye circles, though not so much for blemishes-it can get very cakey!!
The packaging is very comfortable to use.
I'm nw15-20 and #1 is great for me.
Bottom line - if you want an undereye concealer and don't have major dark circles, this concealer for you. If you have major dark circles or you need a blemish concealer, skip this...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by makeupfan80

Best concealer for under the eye. Doesn't get dry and cakey, doesn't settle into fine lines, spreads easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Haruhi13

It's very thick (a little like a gel texture), but it's opaque and does a wonderful job as a concealer. It blends beautifully, especially with fingers. However, the colors tend toward fairly dark, I believe, so make sure to have the person at the makeup counter assist you. It's a bit pricey, but totally worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by jpoblete77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have some wrinkles under my eyes and wanted a concealer that's creamy enough not to tug on my delicate skin. This product works really well and coverage is great, when used with a concealer brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by dsbirnbaum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the best under eye, dark circle concealer that I have used to date. I have hereditary dark circles that have become worse with age. Normally I have to mix a couple different concealers to get the coverage I achieve with this product. Color #3 is a perfect match for me, with medium intensity and warm undertones. I start with a moisturized eye area, followed by eye make-up primer, apply a very tiny amount of this concealer with a concealer brush, using minimal pressure and the flat side of the brush to thoroughly blend. The consistency is creamy and moisture rich, providing just the right amount of slip needed in this difficult to conceal area. I finish blending with the tip of my finger as needed. This concealer is highly pigmented. Using too much, and neglecting to blend and set very thoroughly, will result in creasing. This process is time consuming, but it works. The coverage is buildable, so I apply additional concealer to the spots that need it after the first application starts to set. I use the Laura Mercier secret brightening powder to set in place. The end result is a natural looking, long lasting, brightened, and flawless finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2011 10:07:00 AM More reviews by cperry36

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best concealer that I have tried thus far. I am in the concealer tone 1 and it completely covers the dark circles under my eyes without it looking like I have concealer on. This tint is one shade above my tinted moisturizer. I would absolutely recommend this product to anyone. A little goes a long way!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2011 6:00:00 PM More reviews by smdaigle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This concealer did nothing for me. It was too dark and after I applied and set it with powder it looked cakey and emphasized all of the lines under my eyes. It did not hide the dark circles even though I used it with the LM Perfecter.

By the end of my work day it was an oily, ugly mess that could only be salvaged by complete removal. I tried it for several days but finally returned it because it made my under-eye area look worse, not better.

Foundation alone is a better option for me than this. I'm still on a quest for my perfect concealer but sadly, LM is not it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by technopixie

This is the only product that covers blotchiness and acne without sitting on top of my skin and accentuating pores, dryness, or turning into an oil slick. The website says it's meant for under eye only, but I use it everywhere and it's the best. No irritation, no pore clogging. It performs so well and I need so little to get amazing results that the price strikes me as utterly reasonable.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by serenahartwell

This is a very good concealer. I have tried so many concealers from all brands, searching for one that specifically covered my under-eye darkness. This is probably the best I have ever tried. The consistency is creamy and thick, and only a tiny amount is needed to cover an area. It needs to be set with powder, otherwise it is shiny and tends to run. I use Laura Mercier translucent setting powder for now, and it works fine. Any good setting powder would probably do the trick. This concealer covers very well. It lasts all day at work, doesn't settle into creases or get caked unless it is applied too heavily, which is very easy to do. I apply it with my finger, then smooth it out, but I have applied it with a concealer brush too, and that works good too. I wish there was more product in the container, I hate how the bottom is elevated so there's a lot less in there than I initially thought. It's quite pricey for the amount you get as well. Overall, I'll keep buying it because it works better than any other concealer I've found, and a little goes a long way!