Laura Mercier Secret Concealer

3.8

Petrolatum, Lanolin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Retinyl Palmitate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Paraffin, Propylparaben. /- [May contain]: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Ultramarines (Cl 77007).

I have been using this product for a year and I keep going back to it. It is a creamy effect that you dab under your eye with your ring finger, not only does it even out the skin, it covers the dark circles and feels smooth under the eye whereas other under eye products can make the skin feel dry. great little pot and it lasts for ages.

I got this product after a sales associate at Sephora recommended it to me for my bad dark eye circles. I tried numerous drugstore products and they didn't cut it. I splurged the $22 for this and am glad I did. I think it goes on pretty greasy but I matify it with ELF's matifying powder. I think it looks great and my dark eye circles are 90% concealed. Sometimes, I still do see the dark eye circles. One thing I don't like about it is it does look a little cakey after a while. It is a great product though and I will repurchase if I can't find anything better bc this is pretty pricey.

on 6/4/2012 5:05:00 PM

While the color was perfect for hiding my hideous dark circles (we're talking purple, here), this concealer was WAY too cakey and ended up looking almost chalky by the lunchtime each day. I used it for a week, trying different application approaches and using different eye creams under it and could never get it work. Back to Sephora it went.

on 5/29/2012 3:42:00 PM

I would have rated this a 5 if the packaging were more sanitary and there were a better color selection.

Pros:
-Goes on easily
-Doesn't crease in underye lines
-Stays on all day

Cons:
-Pot container not very sanitary having to dip finger/brush in pot
-Poor color selection

on 5/29/2012 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I use this every day to cover my perpetual dark circles, and it works great - I got a slightly warmer tone so I don't end up with a greyish under-eye area. Looked better when I lived in California and I was more tanned, but now I moved back to Asia and got a bit paler - still works great though.
I gave a 4 because on my super oily skin it doesn't last the whole day, and I end up having to retouch when I'm at work or something. That and it is pretty pricey - but I got easily persuaded by the salesperson after she tried it on me and I saw what a miracle worker this product is!

on 5/24/2012 6:58:00 PM

I have recently purchased this concealer and it is really good. I would say the best concealer I have ever had.
What I like about it is that it covers dark circles and eye bags unbelievable well while looking very natural. It actually melts in the skin and sets really well with powder. You only need a little amount as it blends really well and it is very creamy. It is also very brightening so you don't need to use a highlighter after I'd you don't want to.
The con is the price - at 27 EUR for a tiny tinie pot it is very expensive in my opinion.
However, I would repurchase unless I find a better one or one as goos as this one at a cheaper price.

on 5/22/2012 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

this is actually a really good concealer, its creamy, covers dark circles well and it lasts the whole day ( pretty much)
the only downside for me was that i bought a shade too dark, the stupid sales lady kept on saying that i was a number 3 and that i wouldn't be able to use 2, so i listened to her and i bought 3, but as i used it, it didn't really ' brighten' my eyes because it's so dark, my friend who has number 2 kindly let me borrow it, it immediately brightened my eyes and it was perfect!
overall great concealer, just make sure you get the right shade!!

also, 1 lippie down because i bought the wrong shade, and also the jar which you have to dip your finger in it is quite unhygienic

on 5/4/2012 8:39:00 AM

The lightest shade suited my skin colour perfectly and didn't crease. It felt like velvet going on, really gorgeous. Coverage was excellent and for once I looked amazing.
But it immediately started stinging like crazy and gave me very sore burny under eyes and watery eyes. I'm so disappointed because I really need a good concealer for my dark purple-red-grey circles. It hurt for over two hours after removal.
Can anyone recommend a concealer that won't hurt sensitive skin? I want one just like this one but less painful.

on 3/15/2012 8:54:00 AM

I had a professional makeup at Laura Mercier and I was shown how to use it, this product should be followed by Secret Brightening Powder, then eye make up will last for the whole day! Amazing!

Updating my review, I found another concealer(La Mer), which is my easier to use, thus I will not repurchase this one again.

on 1/27/2012 4:55:00 PM

Nice full coverage salmon-toned concealer to cover those deep dark circles under the eyes, which I suffer from. Very creamy. I'll be honest- it does crease, which is why I want to try the Bobbi Brown one after this. It still works very well though.