October 30, 2014 | 1710 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in See Sheer

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by paigito

Oh good gracious, I decided to grab this over Speak Louder for my Back2Mac stuff. I am SO glad I picked this one instead. See Sheer is this lovely pinky orange coral without being too shocking (like Vegas Volt or even Crosswires might be). I'm in high school and I would have no issue wearing this to school without feeling too out there.

It brightens my face up and makes me look like I'm glowing. Gorgeous, gorgeous color. Will definitely be wearing this every day this summer!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2011 9:12:00 PM More reviews by temadeamor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i am trying to expand my lipstick use to other than nudes so i went to the mac counter with the mission to find a coral lipstick. this is the most wearable red/coral i have found. i tried a few and this was hands down the most comfortable color. it definitely shows up against my nc35 skin. i wear it with spice lipliner and it picks up a lot of warmth that looks great for spring.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 10:35:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

Oh dear God, I love this lipstick. I've been wearing it daily since I got it. It's a gorgeous sheer, coral-pink-peach that brightens my face and makes me look finished and refined. It's a sweet shade that isn't garish, nor is it too simple - it goes with a smoky eye and a natural eye, a trip to the movies or a day at the office. Best of all, it's not LE.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2011 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Storm99

Packaging: sleek black bullet-looking tube
Price: $16 (Canadian)
My Experience: This is a wonderful coral-pinkish color that reminds me of spring. It can be applied lightly for a light, stainish look, or heavily for a more pop of color. I think it would look good on all skintones, especially gals with yellow undertones (like myself).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Drproctor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a nice pink for dark skinned ladies. I'm a NW47, I pair this with a chesnut liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by chinablaq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my most recent lipstick purchases. Saw it on a bloggers page, and it looked great on her. Glad I tried it because it's a keeper. Its not as bright as it seems. Mac lustre lipsticks are more sheer than anything. I wore it for the first time a few days ago and got many compliments. Paired it with Cork lip liner, and Mac's Richer Lusher cremesheen gloss over it. I also tried it with Mac's Temperature rising lip pencil(bright orange), shaded the lips in a little, and topped it off with Mac's Utterly Posh Dazzleglass. Great combo for a more bolder look!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 7:47:00 AM More reviews by 1017

This is a really pretty color, but not something I could actually wear except once in a blue moon. On me (NW20, black/brown hair, brown eyes, rosey brown pigmented lips), See Sheer was definitely more of an orange coral (not a pinky or red coral). It reminds me of a softer version of Revlon ColorBurst Peach lipstick. It is beautiful. But it is like trying on a great party dress. It might be fun try on, but you have no place to wear it easily (at least in my case).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2011 5:29:00 PM More reviews by xBl0cPartyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this! It's the perfect coral in my opinion, a soft and beautiful blend of natural looking pinky-peach. I'd say it's sheer coverage and it looks so good, it's slightly glossy. I like it because it isn't obviously lipstick and I hate obvious, over the top colour on my lips. This is a perfect wash of coral against my tanned skin (BB 4.5) and again, I love the way this isn't overly obvious and over the top, it's very almost MLBB. Very summery and I love to pair it with a coral blush. It would be clever to make sure your lips are in good condition before applying (of course) because this would probably show up any dry patches quite obviously. I don't care that it's lustre and requires frequent application.

It smells very faintly of chocolate which I can't smell once it's on the lips. The packaging is nice, I like the bullet shape of it. Honestly, packaging doesn't really bother me so I'm not gonna say I love it or hate it but I've definitely seen better.

I will definitely buy it again (or get it with bac2mac!).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 5:21:00 PM More reviews by fleurylane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my everyday lipstick. It's got amazing texture and brightens my entire complexion. I've already bought 2-one for my makeup counter and one for my purse.

I have a strange dilemma of having slightly warm-toned skin (NC20) but naturally bluish-toned, mauvey, pigmented lips--the type that people get when they're cold. They're also habitually chapped and in need of exfoliation.

See Sheer is wonderful because it balances out the blue tones in my lips and turns my lips into a corally-bright watermelon color that actually looks kind of like it could be my natural lip color. It's so easy to use--no lip primer or liner needed and I can even swipe it on without a mirror if I'm really in a pinch because it's so sheer and fool-proof. It looks less corally on than in the tube because of those blue tones in my lips. It's got enough pigment to actually change the color of my lips though, unlike some other lipsticks I've tried (MAC Shy Girl, Rimmel Airy Fairy).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by ninanina

Interesting l/s See Sheer is...on me, because I have pigmented lips this can show up as a coral in some light, then a slight pink and in low light it shows brown. I'm not sure what to make of it. What it doesn't do is go blue at any time on me which is what I was looking for. It's nice with Guerlain bronzer and a touch of Nars Orgasm blush, but it's not a spectacular color that's for sure. Not sure I would get this again I might try Crosswires when I do Back-To-Mac.