MAC Lustre in See Sheer

4.2

on 7/15/2011 2:06:00 AM

although it is called see "sheer", this is definitely NOT sheer. a more pigmented dupe would be boots classic rose (from the stay perfect l/s). a very gorgeous corally colour. very pigmented and quite moisturizing. love this one!

on 6/19/2011 1:47:00 AM

Desert island lipstick. I was on a search for a perfect pink for me, and this is it. The website describes it as grapefruit pink-- it's a pink alright, but it leans a bit in the coral family. In fact I was on the fence between this and Viva Glam Cyndi, which turned out to have more overt red undertones, while See Sheer (in my eyes) was more pink, and had a little peach. But with my yellow undertones, this color works very well. I love that it's versatile enough to wear for a job interview, a night out and just for every day use. It makes my face brighter, put together and healthy, but also looks natural and not like I've slapped on some lipstick.It doesn't make my teeth look yellow like some corals have a tendency to do. I personally like the lustre formula, as it adds to the natural look. Love layering this with Freckletone for a nude lip!

on 6/15/2011 11:02:00 AM

This is my every day color! I keep trying to change it up with something new, but I always wipe it off and go back to See Sheer.

Im a fair skinned ashy toned bleach blonde and my face in always in dire need of WARMTH as sans makeup I look really washed out. This color adds the perfect amount without being too garish or bright. A lovely corally pink creme. I wear a lot of grays blacks and army greens and See Sheer is a lovely compliment. Its quite similar to VG Cyndi with a little less red.

Im dying to find a more bright, reddish poppy version of this. Vegas Volt comes out exactly like I want on my sister (brunette and a little more olive) but its waaay too orange on me! So for now its See Sheer all the way.

on 5/7/2011 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Oh good gracious, I decided to grab this over Speak Louder for my Back2Mac stuff. I am SO glad I picked this one instead. See Sheer is this lovely pinky orange coral without being too shocking (like Vegas Volt or even Crosswires might be). I'm in high school and I would have no issue wearing this to school without feeling too out there.

It brightens my face up and makes me look like I'm glowing. Gorgeous, gorgeous color. Will definitely be wearing this every day this summer!

on 5/1/2011 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i am trying to expand my lipstick use to other than nudes so i went to the mac counter with the mission to find a coral lipstick. this is the most wearable red/coral i have found. i tried a few and this was hands down the most comfortable color. it definitely shows up against my nc35 skin. i wear it with spice lipliner and it picks up a lot of warmth that looks great for spring.

on 4/12/2011 10:35:00 AM

Oh dear God, I love this lipstick. I've been wearing it daily since I got it. It's a gorgeous sheer, coral-pink-peach that brightens my face and makes me look finished and refined. It's a sweet shade that isn't garish, nor is it too simple - it goes with a smoky eye and a natural eye, a trip to the movies or a day at the office. Best of all, it's not LE.

on 4/2/2011 9:05:00 PM

Packaging: sleek black bullet-looking tube
Price: $16 (Canadian)
My Experience: This is a wonderful coral-pinkish color that reminds me of spring. It can be applied lightly for a light, stainish look, or heavily for a more pop of color. I think it would look good on all skintones, especially gals with yellow undertones (like myself).

on 4/2/2011 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is a nice pink for dark skinned ladies. I'm a NW47, I pair this with a chesnut liner.

on 3/24/2011 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

One of my most recent lipstick purchases. Saw it on a bloggers page, and it looked great on her. Glad I tried it because it's a keeper. Its not as bright as it seems. Mac lustre lipsticks are more sheer than anything. I wore it for the first time a few days ago and got many compliments. Paired it with Cork lip liner, and Mac's Richer Lusher cremesheen gloss over it. I also tried it with Mac's Temperature rising lip pencil(bright orange), shaded the lips in a little, and topped it off with Mac's Utterly Posh Dazzleglass. Great combo for a more bolder look!

on 3/20/2011 7:47:00 AM

This is a really pretty color, but not something I could actually wear except once in a blue moon. On me (NW20, black/brown hair, brown eyes, rosey brown pigmented lips), See Sheer was definitely more of an orange coral (not a pinky or red coral). It reminds me of a softer version of Revlon ColorBurst Peach lipstick. It is beautiful. But it is like trying on a great party dress. It might be fun try on, but you have no place to wear it easily (at least in my case).

Popular Lipsticks