April 24, 2014 | 1852 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in See Sheer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2011 5:29:00 PM More reviews by xBl0cPartyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this! It's the perfect coral in my opinion, a soft and beautiful blend of natural looking pinky-peach. I'd say it's sheer coverage and it looks so good, it's slightly glossy. I like it because it isn't obviously lipstick and I hate obvious, over the top colour on my lips. This is a perfect wash of coral against my tanned skin (BB 4.5) and again, I love the way this isn't overly obvious and over the top, it's very almost MLBB. Very summery and I love to pair it with a coral blush. It would be clever to make sure your lips are in good condition before applying (of course) because this would probably show up any dry patches quite obviously. I don't care that it's lustre and requires frequent application.

It smells very faintly of chocolate which I can't smell once it's on the lips. The packaging is nice, I like the bullet shape of it. Honestly, packaging doesn't really bother me so I'm not gonna say I love it or hate it but I've definitely seen better.

I will definitely buy it again (or get it with bac2mac!).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 5:21:00 PM More reviews by fleurylane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my everyday lipstick. It's got amazing texture and brightens my entire complexion. I've already bought 2-one for my makeup counter and one for my purse.

I have a strange dilemma of having slightly warm-toned skin (NC20) but naturally bluish-toned, mauvey, pigmented lips--the type that people get when they're cold. They're also habitually chapped and in need of exfoliation.

See Sheer is wonderful because it balances out the blue tones in my lips and turns my lips into a corally-bright watermelon color that actually looks kind of like it could be my natural lip color. It's so easy to use--no lip primer or liner needed and I can even swipe it on without a mirror if I'm really in a pinch because it's so sheer and fool-proof. It looks less corally on than in the tube because of those blue tones in my lips. It's got enough pigment to actually change the color of my lips though, unlike some other lipsticks I've tried (MAC Shy Girl, Rimmel Airy Fairy).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by ninanina

Interesting l/s See Sheer is...on me, because I have pigmented lips this can show up as a coral in some light, then a slight pink and in low light it shows brown. I'm not sure what to make of it. What it doesn't do is go blue at any time on me which is what I was looking for. It's nice with Guerlain bronzer and a touch of Nars Orgasm blush, but it's not a spectacular color that's for sure. Not sure I would get this again I might try Crosswires when I do Back-To-Mac.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Stunning coral with no funky orange hue and no odd Barbie pink hue. The peach/coral tone is neither too warm or too cool. But, the finish is greasy IMO and the staying power is ZERO. Looks amazing with my PPP complexion and is great alternative to gloss. I'm not a MAC fan of any sort but would fast become one if they made this exact color in a less lustre like longer lasting creamier formula. Many compliments received while wearing this...briefly. Lastly, the packaging is too utilitarian for my tastes and screams DS quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2011 5:03:00 PM More reviews by ambrnazz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

PROS: Really flattering muted coral-pink color, great for tanned skin, can be sheered out or built-up, not drying at all, doesn't sink in to fine lines.

CONS: As with most lustre lipsticks, the staying power is quite low. I find myself reapplying quite often.

Overall, I do love the shade and the finish and the texture and I am willing to put up with the poor lasting power due to the fact that I love the texture.

For reference, I am NC42.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by rocksmom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This lipstick works really great for me. It is a nice nude/coral color on my lips. I never really thought of myself as a coral person, but I had a tinted lip balm that I really liked and the more I looked at it, the more I thought it looked coral. I took the leap and bought this lipstick today and it really paid off. I applied it with a brush so I could get a sheer, even coverage and then topped it with some clear gloss (Ultra Mentha Lip Shine from C.O. Bigelow). The result was really nice and didn't look too bright or orange against my fair, neutral skin. I can see this becomming my everyday lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2010 2:46:00 AM More reviews by corgi75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this but find it fairly hard to pair other makeup colours with. The only look that I find it suits is a kind of 1920s pin-up with black liquid liner and a sheeny MAC Shroom eye. For reference I have hazel eyes, neutral fair skin and strawberry blonde hair.

It certainly brightens my face, is really moisturising and luscious on the lip however I always find I feel self conscious when I wear it - maybe the poster who said its like a colour in a kid's makeup kit is right. I feel like a bit of a bimbo with it on!

It has a fair amount of shine to it, has an average lasting power and is probably worth buying if you can carry off a glossy coral.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2010 3:21:00 PM More reviews by murphysmomkk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a rare thing that MAC disappoints me but this did. The color is lovely and while I know it's supposed to be sheer, this is really sheer and lasting power is zilch. It reminds me of the lipticks in a little girl's play makeup set ... barely shows up no matter how thick you put in on. And it's somewhat drying. I would never buy this particular shade again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2010 8:30:00 AM More reviews by ashleyrose87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Gorgeous colour, its a reddish colour, but it has a fair bit of coral, looks quite natural on someone who already has quite pigmented lips, i wear it to work on a daily basis! Perfect consistancy also , non drying but not too shiny! x

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2010 9:01:00 PM More reviews by wondrfull1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I grabbed this on whim yesterday and I'm so glad I did. I went to Nordstrom with some Back2Mac empties and had every intention of picking up a new red shade to add to my collection. I wanted Lady Danger, but found out it was only available at the MAC freestanding store. I didn't see any other reds I wanted, but See Sheer suddenly caught my eye.

I swatched it and thought that I must have ten colors like this, but I got it anyway. Once I got home and put it on my lips I realized I'd found my new favorite every day lipstick. The closest colors I have to it in my collection are Made to Order (now my OLD favorite every day color) and Ravishing. Ravishing is definitely more opaque since it's a Cremesheen. It's also a little bit lighter than See Sheer and more orange-coral. Made to Order and See Sheer are both Lustres, so they are buildable and more moisturizing than many of the other formulas. See Sheer is a pinker, less frosty Made to Order. It's also more flattering on my warm, fair, slightly freckly skin tone. I love that it's sheer enough that I can put it on without even looking in the mirror, too.