October 24, 2014 | 1462 users online

Blush - Clinique - Blushing Blush Powder Blush - Precious Posy

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I guess I am definitely a minority in feeling this blush did not work on me. I was looking for a nice pink blush- and this prodcut IS that. It just really didn't work on my skin. Looking through the reviews I see a lot of people who loved it list that they have fair skin.. maybe this is why. I have medium/olive toned skin, and this is absolutely too pink on me. I don't really see any peachy undertones, just a bit of shimmer (ie glitter) with the pink. Not HORRIBLE, but not amazing, at least not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2010 11:26:00 AM More reviews by lawcat

Love this. I had tried a tarte blush & fell in love, but when I went to a different Nordstrom they did not carry the line any longer and I was dead set on getting a blush this color, and I found it at the Clinique counter. That was 4 years ago & I have not even used half of it yet, so although it is not cheap, it really kind of is b/c it is lasting forever!! I love the blush, the applicator & the compact. My favorite blush of all time. I recently bought the tarte blush from Sephora & although good, I still like my Clinique precious posy the best.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

This is one of my favourite blushes since the texture is a lot softer than NARS and MAC and the colour is the perfect balance between pink and peach. The finish is slightly shimmering and one swipe gets the right amount of product. Lasts all day and looks very pretty. I believe that with blushes, there should be an element of usability. While NARS has some amazing colours, they are not user friendly, if you have to spend so much time using a light hand and applying it carefully, you can get any effect with a cheap blush of any colour, hence I have come to realise that the best ones and the ones where you just swipe and go. MAC is sometimes too hard for my liking and too much swirling is needed to pick up colour. This is my only clinique blush and is the only stand out colour for me in the entire range. Its much better than orgasm which is way too orange, not enough pigmentation and too shimmery. Its more pigmented than deep throat but not as shimmery, this has a slightly velvet texture to it and not as hard. I highly recommend that you try this blush, it gives the perfect glow while being very easy to use.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2010 2:05:00 AM More reviews by emilykm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this blush a year ago on a whim as I had used some Clinique products before, it wasn't too pricey and the counter was having a sale so at least I was going to get a cute makeup bag. Little did I know it would be love. This colour is amazing, it looks very natural no matter how my skin is (ghostly pale in winter or slighlty tanned in summer) and I feel incomplete, even rather dead looking if I leave the house not wearing this. It comes in great packaging too although, I do highly suggest getting a proper blush brush rather than using the brush it comes with as, you will be seeing the product at its best potential with a better brush. Overall, I will purchase again....and again....and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2010 9:17:00 PM More reviews by emilyfreja

For all you people out there that Orgasm let down, Precious Posy is a dream come true! Its the perfect peachy pink with very very little sparkle, and the packaging is wonderful as well! Try this if you were disssapointed with Orgasm but desperately wanted it to work!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2010 8:15:00 PM More reviews by crabu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a natural peachy-pink color.Looks natural on my fair skin,doesnt streak or leave marks.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by cbergman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE LOVE LOVE-- and lasts for ever because the pigment is so intense. You don't need much or to re-apply so the price is worth it

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2010 2:20:00 AM More reviews by lovethesun

I'm a complete blush addict and I'm always looking for a new one to wear, so after reading rave reviews about Clinique's Precious Posey of course I had to go to Sephora and investigate! Before going I also read up reviews on some of the other colors from the Blushing Blush line (Cupid, Ice Lotus, Pink Love, etc.) so I knew which ones I wanted to swatch. Compared to the other colors that I just mentioned, Precious Posey has slightly more peachy tones, which for my medium-tan Asian complexion works better I think. Precious Posey is highly pigmented, which I love, but a little goes a long way. In the pan the color actually resembles Benefit's CORALista A LOT. I was almost afraid that I had just bought the exact same color, but when I swatched both on my skin I was relieved to see that there is definite difference between the two. Coralista is more peach and a little bit "frostier" with more glitter. Precious Posey is pink in comparison and isn't as glittery. I love both as they warm up the complexion beautifully, giving my face a healthy flush. My only (tiny) gripe is the size of the pan, which is kind of narrow and rectangular and awkward, especially when your blush brush is twice its size, like mine is, haha. A nice large pan would make this blush perfection. Will definitely purchase when I run out!

EDIT: So I recently wore this blush to a family reunion dinner that went from 4PM to well into the early morning. This blush lasted for almost 12 hours, no kidding. I fell asleep on the living room couch and when I woke up and went to the bathroom, I was surprised to see that my blush hadn't budged at all. Considering I have combination skin this is no small feat. I am so pleased with this purchase, I definitely consider this to be one of the better blushes I have ever purchased, color and lasting power wise. I am seriously thinking about going back to Clinique and getting another color!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2010 6:46:00 AM More reviews by dudulka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Orgasmic blush! One of the best man, one of the best!This is a highly pigmented peachy pink with beautiful golden shimmer that actually shows up on your cheeks but does not overpower the colour of the blush itself making you look like a disco ball. SO PRETTY! Works on ALL skin tones - you just have to use a stippling brush for fair skin and a dense classic blush brush for medium and darker skintones. I think Clinique blushes are one of the most underated blushes out there and so undeservedly so. They're fantastic and reliable, unlike some of their eyeshadows but that's a whole different review...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 10:44:00 PM More reviews by littlepickle

I don't have a single bad thing to say about this blush! I adore it, it's soft, but the colour can be built up, it's sparkly but in a subtle way, it's girly but it's not too 'young' either. It's a fabulous all rounder.
I got mine in a GWP compact along with the Colour Surge duo, Strawberry Fudge. This is one of the best GWP items I've ever received. This may not be entirely relevant but I feel the packaging is worth a mention. The outside is mirrored, there is a mirror inside, a very decent amount of product - the blush is obviously going to be the biggest, but there is a nice amount of eye shadow too - I've reached the bottom of the pan on Precious Posy in one very small spot but have LOADS left, and while I've used both shades in the Strawberry Fudge duo many times, they almost look brand new!
Very impressed with Clinique's gift with purchase items and their fullsize retail items too, they definitely encourage me to purchase more from them.