April 19, 2014 | 1792 users online

Blush - Clinique - Blushing Blush Powder Blush - Precious Posy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2010 8:15:00 PM More reviews by crabu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a natural peachy-pink color.Looks natural on my fair skin,doesnt streak or leave marks.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by cbergman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE LOVE LOVE-- and lasts for ever because the pigment is so intense. You don't need much or to re-apply so the price is worth it

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2010 2:20:00 AM More reviews by lovethesun

I'm a complete blush addict and I'm always looking for a new one to wear, so after reading rave reviews about Clinique's Precious Posey of course I had to go to Sephora and investigate! Before going I also read up reviews on some of the other colors from the Blushing Blush line (Cupid, Ice Lotus, Pink Love, etc.) so I knew which ones I wanted to swatch. Compared to the other colors that I just mentioned, Precious Posey has slightly more peachy tones, which for my medium-tan Asian complexion works better I think. Precious Posey is highly pigmented, which I love, but a little goes a long way. In the pan the color actually resembles Benefit's CORALista A LOT. I was almost afraid that I had just bought the exact same color, but when I swatched both on my skin I was relieved to see that there is definite difference between the two. Coralista is more peach and a little bit "frostier" with more glitter. Precious Posey is pink in comparison and isn't as glittery. I love both as they warm up the complexion beautifully, giving my face a healthy flush. My only (tiny) gripe is the size of the pan, which is kind of narrow and rectangular and awkward, especially when your blush brush is twice its size, like mine is, haha. A nice large pan would make this blush perfection. Will definitely purchase when I run out!

EDIT: So I recently wore this blush to a family reunion dinner that went from 4PM to well into the early morning. This blush lasted for almost 12 hours, no kidding. I fell asleep on the living room couch and when I woke up and went to the bathroom, I was surprised to see that my blush hadn't budged at all. Considering I have combination skin this is no small feat. I am so pleased with this purchase, I definitely consider this to be one of the better blushes I have ever purchased, color and lasting power wise. I am seriously thinking about going back to Clinique and getting another color!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2010 6:46:00 AM More reviews by dudulka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Orgasmic blush! One of the best man, one of the best!This is a highly pigmented peachy pink with beautiful golden shimmer that actually shows up on your cheeks but does not overpower the colour of the blush itself making you look like a disco ball. SO PRETTY! Works on ALL skin tones - you just have to use a stippling brush for fair skin and a dense classic blush brush for medium and darker skintones. I think Clinique blushes are one of the most underated blushes out there and so undeservedly so. They're fantastic and reliable, unlike some of their eyeshadows but that's a whole different review...youtube.com/user/MakeupByKasiaD

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 10:44:00 PM More reviews by littlepickle

I don't have a single bad thing to say about this blush! I adore it, it's soft, but the colour can be built up, it's sparkly but in a subtle way, it's girly but it's not too 'young' either. It's a fabulous all rounder.
I got mine in a GWP compact along with the Colour Surge duo, Strawberry Fudge. This is one of the best GWP items I've ever received. This may not be entirely relevant but I feel the packaging is worth a mention. The outside is mirrored, there is a mirror inside, a very decent amount of product - the blush is obviously going to be the biggest, but there is a nice amount of eye shadow too - I've reached the bottom of the pan on Precious Posy in one very small spot but have LOADS left, and while I've used both shades in the Strawberry Fudge duo many times, they almost look brand new!
Very impressed with Clinique's gift with purchase items and their fullsize retail items too, they definitely encourage me to purchase more from them.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by clouds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the blush I go to when I'm feeling cute! :) It's a super cute, youthful shade - a peachy pink that's similar to NARS Orgasm, but more subtle and less shimmery. And it has a real functioning, good quality sable brush that goes with it - unlike other blushes that come with cheap little plastic/synthetic brushes. For reference, I'm an NC or C30, 120 in MUFE HD, asian with light skin and yellow undertones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2009 1:58:00 AM More reviews by eq2008

I love this blush! I feel a little guilty paying this much( $19) for a blush because I normally don't wear blush. Somehow blush just don't look right on my face. Either it's wrong color or I apply it wrong. However, if you wear blush and you have light/medium skin with yellow undertone like me, buy this ! This is the most flattering blush I've ever tried on me. I also love the brush that it came with. It's so soft and pretty decent.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2009 3:24:00 PM More reviews by ticklemeyellow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has been my HG blush for years. It's a beautiful shade of pink with bits of gold shimmer (although it doesn't really show up on your skin so can be worn for day/night & suitable for most age groups). I use this blush daily and it is very pigmented so you don't need much product for full effect. That being said, I have been using the same blush compact for OVER a year (yes, I know I should toss it based on makeup 'expiration' dates..lol) and I'm just now hitting the pan (already purchased my PP replacement). So ladies, it costs $19 but based on how long it has lasted me, I say it's money well invested. I've used a few DS blush in the past that only last me a few months due to insignificant color payoff leading me to use more product. This blush goes great with my NC20 (fair with yellow undertones) skin tone but I can imagine it going well with most skin tones. The shimmer also adds a nice, healthy glow. The compact is very pretty and sleek & comes with a decent brush, although I prefer to use my own. I've haven't tried Orgasm nor would I anytime soon---if it isn't broke, why fix it? I will continued to purchase for years to come.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2009 6:09:00 PM More reviews by portalhop

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had my makeup done at a Clinique counter, and the MUA used this on me. I was so smitten with the color and how it gave my face a beautiful glow that I bought it right away, despite the high price tag. Unfortunately, I haven't quite mastered how to apply this blush in that glowing, beautiful way... so Precious Posy sits at the bottom of my makeup bag. I need to practice applying this; it's such a pretty color, and it looks so lovely on fair skin if you know how to use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2009 12:28:00 AM More reviews by hediandthejellyfish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had the longest debate deciding whether to get this or not. Just by looking at the colour of Precious Posy online, I was smitten. I mean, seriously, how can a colour get prettier than this? The cutest shade of light pink with a bit of peach/coral. So so pretty.

But a pan of powder for $25? But isn't that what a blush is?

In the end, I gave in and bought it. I have brought a few Clinique things before, but the packaging of this was spectacular. Clear plastic case, generously big mirror inside, mirrored top (eek, fingerprints), and a decent brush (haven't really used it). Felt heavy in the hand, definitely looked high-quality.

At first I wasn't terribly impressed with the blush itself. The colour was what I imagined it to be, but the pigmentation wasn't the same as the pigmentation of those more-than-one-swipe=clown blushes I used before. The colour didn't look spectacular on me either, so I sort of put it in the back of my stash and hoped one day I will change my mind.

Recently, I picked this up again and realized that this should be used more as a radiance-powder kind of thing. It's sooo finely-milled with a medium pigmentation, meaning that it takes a few swipes to get the right amount of colour. When you do get the right amount, apply it generously to the cheeks and really blend it out, it brings some warmth and really lights up the complexion. I really like the pigmentation of this once I got used to it. It's so nice and finely milled, giving a sheer finish that's hard to mess up.

I debate whether I would purchase this again, because of the price and because I don't use it everyday. I have quite a few light-pink blushes in my stash to last me a while. That being said, I'll probably buy this again once I finish my first, which will take a while.