December 19, 2014 | 843 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Hemp Hand Protector

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by catseyes7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was introduced to this by my boyfriend 9 years back. He's a potter and always ends up with dry. cracked hands. He uses this (when he remembers) and it makes a big difference to his hands. I have now become such a fan that I have one on my bedside table, in the living room, car and 2 back-ups! I gift these to family and friends as everyone loves it whenever they use mine. Great product at a good price!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by musicbox93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

By far the best hand cream I've ever used. It moisturizes so well and absorbs all the way into your skin so you don't get that weird greasy film on your hands that make you not be able to grasp things.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by joc267

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Ive repurchased this cream many times because it's a thick, rich and luxuriously moisturizing hand cream. My hands are very dry because I wash them a lot and use alcohol rub so this is my go to cream. I like the smell, texture and packaging. Only disadvantage is like all Body Shop products, it's not cheap. It's around $20AUD to $25AUD in Australia which is quite expensive for hand cream. But it does lasts

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 6:27:00 AM More reviews by pillager13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Years ago I used this hand lotion and liked it, although it's a bit expensive. Temporarily I'm living in a very cold, dry climate and my hands have been cracked and horrible looking. Even though it was really expensive in the country where I'm living, I bought it and am happy that I did. I don't mind the smell at all and really like the streamlined, "non-girly" look of the tube. I got the small tube which fits perfectly in my handbag. So far it's been very moisturizing, although I think I'll give it another week to see how effective is.

This has been another chapter in my months-long quest to find the perfect hand lotion!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by picklegirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I put this on two nights ago before I went to sleep. My hands are STILL soft and smooth. I haven't changed anything in my routine and use the same hand soap. The difference is how soft my hands still feel after each wash. The protective barrier finally wore off after I did a sink full of dishes without gloves. At this rate, this tube will last me forever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 1:49:00 AM More reviews by ladehc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this hand cream, it is extremely moisturising and not sticky at all - I hate sticky hand cream! It absorbes quickly and allows you to go on with whatever you have been doing straight away (in my case, since I keep it at work, back to typing or using the computer) without getting moisturiser all over everything.

The scent, being hemp, is very love-it-or-hate-it. Personally I love it. My best friend LOATHES it and I cannot use it when I am around her! Probably my boss and workmates hate it too! Oh well. Hands are soft and smooth like nothing else so I don't care, however I may make the switch to a Loccitane cream next in an effort to avoid offending people!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by alls

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, a lot of people are complaining about the smell. Today I bought it and found that it smells like their now discontinued Patchouli oil.I am a big fun of patchouli and like the smell. I don't have the stigma of linking hemp (cannabis) with patchouli. So, for me, the fact that TBS choose this scent for a hemp oil hand cream is like a joke (makes me smile).

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by rengreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i bought this when tbs was running a buy two get one sale. it works well to moisturize and form a protective barrier, but i just can't stand the smell. normally i like herbal-medicinal smells, i love dream cream, but this one smells rank. and it lasts forever. i put it on at night, and it's still lingering in the morning until i wash my hands. and the metal tube packaging is something i don't appreciate either. are you supposed to recycle it? i would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

OMG! I love this handcream!!! Burt's Bees salve move aside, this is my new HG! I hate it when handcream leaves your hands greasy and this sinks in so fast i cannot believe it! And it makes my hands soooooo soft :D! And the scent is wonderfull, i keep sniffing my hands :). I have one small con and that is the packaging. A metal tube which will probably tear later on... But other than that: perfect 10!!!!
Small EDIT: Still a HG for the night, but I use Biotherm Biomains now during the day cause of the sunscreen :). So this one is an almost perfect 9 now ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2012 5:11:00 AM More reviews by muafreak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was my fav hand cream because it moisturized and kept my chappy hands coated even after washing my hands. But somehow I have to believe that it has been reformulated because this winter my hands where cracking at the knuckles ESP and when I applied this, it it burnt and then it formed wails on my hands. It was totally irritated!
For those of you with sensitive severely dry hands, take my advice, do NOT get this. Won't buy again cuz I got a whole new tube to last my for the rest of my life lol