October 1, 2014 | 1323 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Hemp Hand Protector

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by picklegirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I put this on two nights ago before I went to sleep. My hands are STILL soft and smooth. I haven't changed anything in my routine and use the same hand soap. The difference is how soft my hands still feel after each wash. The protective barrier finally wore off after I did a sink full of dishes without gloves. At this rate, this tube will last me forever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 1:49:00 AM More reviews by ladehc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this hand cream, it is extremely moisturising and not sticky at all - I hate sticky hand cream! It absorbes quickly and allows you to go on with whatever you have been doing straight away (in my case, since I keep it at work, back to typing or using the computer) without getting moisturiser all over everything.

The scent, being hemp, is very love-it-or-hate-it. Personally I love it. My best friend LOATHES it and I cannot use it when I am around her! Probably my boss and workmates hate it too! Oh well. Hands are soft and smooth like nothing else so I don't care, however I may make the switch to a Loccitane cream next in an effort to avoid offending people!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by alls

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, a lot of people are complaining about the smell. Today I bought it and found that it smells like their now discontinued Patchouli oil.I am a big fun of patchouli and like the smell. I don't have the stigma of linking hemp (cannabis) with patchouli. So, for me, the fact that TBS choose this scent for a hemp oil hand cream is like a joke (makes me smile).

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by rengreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i bought this when tbs was running a buy two get one sale. it works well to moisturize and form a protective barrier, but i just can't stand the smell. normally i like herbal-medicinal smells, i love dream cream, but this one smells rank. and it lasts forever. i put it on at night, and it's still lingering in the morning until i wash my hands. and the metal tube packaging is something i don't appreciate either. are you supposed to recycle it? i would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

OMG! I love this handcream!!! Burt's Bees salve move aside, this is my new HG! I hate it when handcream leaves your hands greasy and this sinks in so fast i cannot believe it! And it makes my hands soooooo soft :D! And the scent is wonderfull, i keep sniffing my hands :). I have one small con and that is the packaging. A metal tube which will probably tear later on... But other than that: perfect 10!!!!
Small EDIT: Still a HG for the night, but I use Biotherm Biomains now during the day cause of the sunscreen :). So this one is an almost perfect 9 now ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2012 5:11:00 AM More reviews by muafreak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was my fav hand cream because it moisturized and kept my chappy hands coated even after washing my hands. But somehow I have to believe that it has been reformulated because this winter my hands where cracking at the knuckles ESP and when I applied this, it it burnt and then it formed wails on my hands. It was totally irritated!
For those of you with sensitive severely dry hands, take my advice, do NOT get this. Won't buy again cuz I got a whole new tube to last my for the rest of my life lol

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Willow92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I managed to get 4 of these for the price of one so me and my mum will have enough to last a while! It's really thick and smells herby and grassy but it does make my hands feel soft. I put this on followed by cotton gloves just before I go to sleep and wake up with the softest hands ever. Would only get this when special offers are on though coz I'm not sure if I'd pay 10 a tube!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 2:11:00 PM More reviews by mohayes1402

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My favourite ever hand cream. Really thick and creamy, sinks in quickly and lasts for ages before needing to reapply. Personally I love the smell - it's realy herbal but quite strong so if it's not to your taste could be ofputting (as seems to be the case for some other reviewers).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by lilmi

I love this hand cream.

Pros:
Really sinks into your skin and moisturises.
Lasts for a while so you don't have to keep constantly reapplying.
Not in a tub so hygienic packaging.

Cons: Pretty pricey for a hand-cream. [10 for 100ml] but it should last you a long time!
The smell is quite strong and it may not be for everything.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 6:22:00 PM More reviews by catarina93

Is the BEST of the best ! I love so much this hand cream. It seems awkward but to me it smells like tea .