August 1, 2014 | 1772 users online

Styling Products - Oscar Blandi - Jasmine Oil Serum

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2007 11:15:00 AM More reviews by diggity

This is a heavenly little product! So expensive, but so nice. I like to use it mostly on dry hair before heat styling or as a finisher. But it also works well for me on damp hair before blowdrying. Adds incredible shine (maybe more than any other serums I've tried, and I've tried many), yet it's lightweight enough to not weigh down my fine and thin, naturally curly hair. Seems to smooth and soften. I like to use it with the Oscar Blandi Seta Creme, which gives my layers nice separation and definition. Oh and the smell is incredible.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2007 8:46:00 PM More reviews by gelo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i tried this on at the airport sephora just killing time but i just couldn't leave without purchasing it. it smells wonderful. i really enjoy the smell of jasmine. i actually wish it was stronger. i have waist length normal to somewhat coarse hair that frizzes and tangles easily but isn't very thick. i moved to a really humid place and my hair was suffering. i used to be able to wash my hair the night before, dry naturally and go out without anything but that's just impossible with the insane humidity here. this stuff works well for me in taming the frizzies and leaves my hair shiny, smelly and soft. i use this with bumble and bumble straight right before i blow dry then flat iron when i style my hair straight. a few drops while damp helps me detangle my hair then i dry it naturally. or i use this as a finisher to give my hair that glossy look.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2007 6:58:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was highly recommended to me at Sephora and being that I am a shine junkie had to purchase this but unfortunately this product did nothing outstanding for me and I did not even notice shine. It has a pretty light scent but in my opinion not worth the higher price tag. I gave this to my daughter to use and like me did absolutely nothing for her so I gave it to my mother and she too felt that it was crap that she trashed it (omg if she only knew how much I paid for this.)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2007 9:58:00 PM More reviews by freudian_slip

HG!! I did not think frizz serums would work for me but this stuff is truly awesome. For reference I have long frizzy wavy hair that can get really poofy and out of control! I use this after I put in a anti frizz cream into my damp towel dried hair, I just take a nickel sized amount which its a very generous amount for my long hair. It gives me great "Giselle" waves, so shiny and glossy and well defined. I did not think that I can achieve those kind of results so effortlessly. After putting in the serum I let my hair dry naturally. I have never used this product with a straightener or blow dryer (hey, I'm a lazy student), but I can imagine the results to be great! The smell is initially a bit strong, but withing a minute it goes down for me and it smells great. By the way, ever since I started using this my hair's condition has only been getting better! Only downer is that this product is always sold out when I go to Sephora!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2007 11:35:00 AM More reviews by juliemiller

Thank you, annoying Sephora associate, for pushing this on me. I really do love it.

This is a wonderful, light-weight serum. Like some other reviewers have commented...it doesn't weigh your hair down or make it greasy. I have medium thick hair that is not particularly frizzy, but the ends can end up looking a bit scraggly by days end. This totally takes care of that.

And the smell....I LOVE how this smells. On the days I use this, I usually don't bother with perfume.

It will literally be years before I run out of this. I bought the big bottle...nice work Sephora Girl!....and you only need a little tiny bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2007 10:43:00 PM More reviews by glamboyant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I cannot live without this product. I was skeptical, thinking it would make my hair look greasy. It does not at all! Applied on wet or dry hair. I have thick, coarse, curly hair, and I apply it when my hair is damp. Whether or not I'm blow drying, my hair comes out with a beautiful, multi-faceted finish. I also apply it on my hair dry, before flat ironing. It cuts down the straightening time by literally 75%, and it STAYS straight, regardless of the weather. I can reapply this a million times in between washes, and my hair never looks gross. And it smells amazing!!!!!! I also love that it protects your hair from heat, so it's great to put on right before blow drying or straightening.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2007 2:28:00 PM More reviews by magsfarm

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this stuff. Smells great (and I'm not a perfumey kind of person), and really makes my hair soft and shiny. I put a few drops on my palm, rub palms together and run hands through hair before blow-drying---then a few drops after blow drying if I feel like it. My hair holds style, and is so shiny and soft. Amazing product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2007 10:30:00 PM More reviews by sakecat22

My hair does 2 things well - hang straight and "ponytail." This stuff is awesome. Smells fantastic, tames the frizzies, isn't greasy or heavy. If I blow dry my hair, I can put a dime-sized dollop of this in it without worrying about needing a ponytail holder later in the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2007 5:45:00 PM More reviews by gollygeewhiz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this serum. It does wonders to keep my dry, frizzy, super thick mane shiny and under control. It smells wonderful and isn't sticky and weighty like most serums. So far I've only used samples but I plan to order the full size as soon as I'm close to running out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2007 10:43:00 PM More reviews by tenderheart003

How much do I love this product? A ridiculous amount. I have shoulder length, very thick/frizzy wavy hair. With my hair type, it doesn't matter HOW healthy my hair actually is, it looks damaged. (sounds crazy I know. Many hair stylists have told me the exact same thing). This product makes my hair so soft and shiny and, dare I say it, healthy looking without looking greasy. And I adore the scent; It's very feminine without being sickly sweet. $35 bucks hurts my heart a little bit, but I only need one drop even on my pouf ball. I love it so much I want to marry it, yep.