October 21, 2014 | 1347 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Benetint

rated 3.6(2009 reviews)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by buddusky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this to use more as a lip stain than a cheek stain, and I think that may have been my biggest mistake. I will start with the positive: as a cheek stain, I like this quite a bit. I have no trouble applying it and getting a natural, pretty look from it. I swipe three short lines on my cheek and pat it in immediately and I love how that looks. The lasting power is very good for that, too. I find the smell very pleasant.

Unfortunately, the lip stain side of it falls so short to me. It highlights the slightest imperfection, does not last long, there is no color payoff, it tastes terrible, and worst of all it burns my lips and I find it to be horribly drying. I feel it is very, very overpriced and I'm pretty bummed out I spent $30 on this glorified cheek tint.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2013 6:29:00 PM More reviews by JaneChemi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this stuff for days that i dont feel like wearing anything heavy on my lips. but i have the brush that comes with it. i went Dr Frankenstein on the bottle and replaces the polish brush with a disposable lip want from sephora. you know, the ones they put out for you to swatch things? i do like the tony moly (korean cosmetics) cat chu wink lip stains for days i want a bit more pigment than benetint

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this lip stain all the time.

It's really rare that a super popular product ends up pleasing me when I finally buy it, but this one hasn't let me down like the others. I find it to be a nice neutral shade if I don't build up too many layers of it. I usually layer about two-three coats on my (very unpigmented) lips, which gives me a nice, soft and very natural looking pink lip. At about 4 layers, it starts to look like a bit of a cooler shade, but I rarely ever wear such a heavy amount of it. Still, it builds up nicely as you layer it.

It's a very watery formula, which gives you some time to work it into your lips and avoid the dreaded unevenness we often experience with lip tints. I generally do a light swipe on my lip and then work it into my lips with my pinkie finger (which, admittedly, ends up quite pink after), and my lips always end up looking incredibly natural and evenly coloured. While the formula is nice because I can easily work with it before it dries, I actually prefer the Cha Cha Tint formula, which is more gel-like. I feel like the wateriness of this product makes me use more of it to get the colour I want, vs Cha Cha, which I only ever use one layer of.

While all of that is very nice, I have to say my favourite part of this product is the staying power. Holy CRAP. This doesn't come off for nothin' for at least 6-8 hours, even if I eat oily Italian food (the lip stain killer). This is without a doubt the longest lasting lip stain I have ever used, and for that alone, I would be willing to repurchase this product. But I don't think I'll have to for a long time, because the little bottle I bought seems to last very well. I've had it for over 6 months and I think I'm about 1/10th of the way done with the bottle.

Overall, for the lazy beauties, or those who want to put it on and forget about it, I highly recommend both this lip stain and the other benefit stains.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by puchki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this product but in my opinion but expected more staying power. PROS: goes on well and looks pretty natural and amazing and works really well under a gloss. CONS: I did find the need to reapply several times over the day. I also ran out of the bottle really quickly(I had hoped it would last longer given the price).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by adaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. It looks really natural on me so I can wear it to school (where we aren't allowed to wear makeup) but still gives my cheeks some color. Out of all the Benefit tints I've tried (Posietint and Chacha tint) Benetint is the easiest to work with. It's more of a liquid compared to Posie and Chacha (I'd say they are closer to a gel product). You have to blend it quickly or else it will stain but again not as quickly as the other tints. I was hesitant to try this since I don't think red suits me that much but this looks really flattering and natural. It works great on my lips too. I prefer lip stains rather than lipsticks because I have very dry and constantly peeling lips. This product didn't irritate my lips at all. I would highly recommend it if you're looking for a high-end lip&cheek stain.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by DarthPenguin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The Benetint is supposed to give both a beautiful lip stain and lasting cheek stain. I personally loved this product but I rated it down because it doesn't do all it was supposed to especially considering the price. It gave me a beautiful flushed looked but it did nothing for my lips. I payed 30 dollars so I felt like I should have had both but since I only got one then I wish I could get back 15 dollars.

As a lip stain it didn't do much for me because it went away pretty quick. I tried applying when my lips were pretty dry and then later adding a lip balm but that did nothing to retain the color. Then I tried applying to my already moistened lips but that resulted in the same thing. NO LIP COLOR. I just resorted to my Maybelline BabyLips instead for a nice sheen. For a cheek stain though I thought it definitely gave such a beautiful glow. When I first applied I thought it was so harsh but after it settles the color definitely toned down to look natural and subtle. I don't wear foundation so I couldn't say whether you should apply it before or after but I do apply it to my cheeks before putting powder on my face because if I do end up putting to much on then i can put powder over it to tone it down.

Now the packaging was very cute and when you initially use it, it can be tricky. You have to apply it with a small brush similar to that for a nail polish and then blend it out with your fingers.Just be careful not to lit it sit on your cheeks for too long because then you will have a weird line on your face that is harder to blend out haha.

The price for this I thought was outrageous after use because it was really only worth 15 bucks--at least for me. I would happily pay 15 dollars for this but I do feel pretty ripped off paying 30 bucks for it. Nonetheless I probably will repurchase this after I am done with it just because I really loved the natural flush too much to let it go that easily. Lucky for me this product seems to last a good amount of time when you only use a little on your cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have had the real Benetint but am currently using a much cheaper version that I got from Superdrug (for all my Uk friends - brand is 2True and it was about £3).

Anyway. I have had this for literally years and have never been able to use it properly - until now. I disagree with a previous reviewer, you simply cannot get a decent colour when you apply before foundation.

I apply foundation and then put a few stripes on one cheek. It's important to do one cheek at a time! I then use my Real Techniques stippling brush to blend, I've never been able to get it to look really nice when blending with fingers and then of course it stains as well (honestly, when I bought the stippling brush I didn't have the first clue how to use it, but it's been a godsend). Once blended, it has a beautiful natural flush which I love when I really don't want my cheeks to fight with other make up elements.

I powder over the top most of the time but it's not necessary really as it lasts really well without. It's also nice on the lips but it really does need a balm over the top.

Bottom line, I'm not going to buy the Benefit version again but I will get the cheaper one. It looks lovely on, really natural. I even like the packaging, the Benefit one I had was in a double ended lipgloss thing which wasn't good to apply using the doe foot. It applied too much and looked clownish.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Exxyea

Not worth it for the price. I got the Sugarlicious kit for my birthday which included the mini Benetint and Sugar Rush Flush face powder. They go really well together and I can use it daily as a nice everyday nude look. However, if it weren't for the Sugar Rush Flush, I don't think I could use the Benetint. I would apply it directly to my cheeks like the instructions say and blend it with my fingers, but for some reason, it wouldn't blend perfectly on both cheeks. Sometimes the colour would be too much or too light. Just wearing it by itself is risky because it'll look like one cheek is pinker than the other. Swiping some powder over it tones it down and makes it look nicer.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by tamilves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I got this one with Prinping With the Stars kit. I like it sooo much! I'm real pale with naturally red cheeks, so I only apply it on the outer side of my cheeks and it looks exactly like my natural color. I love putting this on my lips too! Gives a very natural color, as if I just exercised or something alike. It is a little drying on the lips, tho, so you need to pair it up with lip balm.
The only reason I wouldn't buy again is because I live in Brazil and it is a lot expensive here. Also, O Boticario, a brazilian make up brand, sells a dupe of Benetint for a lot cheaper!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

I bought this more as a lip tint rather than for the cheeks, however i find this way to watery and it would get into the creases of your lip and give you dark red lines, it also really drys your lips so you need to constantly reapply a lip balm. The packaging is okay but as it is really watery you can end up making a mess. The only good thing is the bottle will last you a while but I wouldn't repurchase.