Orly Bonder Rubberized Basecoat

Butyl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Heptane, Ethyl Acetate, Trimethyl Pentyl Diisobutyrate, Tosylamide/Epoxy resin, Polyvinyl Butyral, Nitrocellulose, Benzophenone-1, Cl 26100 (Red 17), Cl 60725 (Violet 2), Cl 47000 (Yellow 11).

LIFE CHANGING. Before I started using this basecoat, my nail polish would chip in a matter of days. Now, after using Orly+2 coats of nail polish+top coat, my manicure lasts over a week with basically NO chipping. And it looks awesome! (a friend even thought I had gotten gel nails) Highly recommended if your nail polish addiction is as serious as mine...

I found bonder to be very effective, especially when using the sandwich method. I've been able to wear polish for 6 days chip free, an absolute miracle for me!! But, it stains my nails quite badly... even when applied over another basecoat. I much prefer the china glaze strong adhesion, no staining and almost as good wear!

I LOVE this rubberized base coat more than any base coat. I was not impressed by OPI, Piggy Polish, Essie BASECOATS etc. As other reviers have noted, u need to leave a little dry time between layers. I read about the Bonder sandwich on line. If ur nails r weak, I would recommend Orly Nailtrition somewhere in the mix. I used 2 layers of Bonder, 2 layers of Essie polish, a layer of Bonder & then two layers of Out the Door topcoat.

This is likely the best base coat that I've used with regards to lengthening my manicure's wear time. I find that when I use a base coat that has an extremely smooth finish, it just won't hold my polishes at all. So, with the rubber, almost sticky, feel to this, it makes sense to me that it would hold the polish better. I normally get at least four to five days of perfect polish when I use this. That is pretty good in my book since I'm currently in gym class this semester at school, and everyone knows that gym class is a serious killer on a good manicure. I purchased the slimmer bottle, and I still haven't run out even with regular polish changing for about 6 months. Also, it is very easy to access this product should I run out in the future. I would gladly repurchase this basecoat.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I respectfully disagree - and base coat is such a personal thing, but I get much better results from CND stickey - provided that adequate drying agents are used prior to application.

Orly bonder has a thick "rubbery" feel that I did not enjoy applying - but I can see how someone with thin or peelies could like this.

Meanwhile, It's worth a one-time shot to see how you like it - but I am sticking to CND stickey or Amera Hydrating Base Coat (when I can find it).

I didn't like the "rubberized" feel of this product & for the $$ I've found much better

I remember using Bonder several years ago, knew I wasn't a fan but couldn't remember why- and since my girlfriends and family RAVE about the stuff, I figured I give it another try.
I still don't like it.
I have shrinkage almost immediately and serious tip wear in less than 24 hours. I wrap my tips and STILL have shrinkage and tip wear incongruent with a manicure that's less than a day old. I've had more success with just good ol' Sally Hansen and a bottle of el cheapo nail polish than I've had with Bonder under anything.
Maybe it something in my body chemistry that doesn't like it, I don't know. t's a shame, I've got a full bottle just sitting here waiting to be used. But it won't be used by me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This gets the job done! I will repurchase

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Better than CND stickey. My manicures last so much longer with little or no chipping. With Stickey I'd get chipping the same day.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my favorite base coat! My nails are thin and break easily. The older works perfectly to protect my nails and help make my manis last longer. It's easy to find at your local drugstore and only cost me around $8.

Top Rated Orly Products