April 17, 2014 | 1694 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Smog

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by menatasha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love smog, I got it in the SUMMER OF LOVE pallet and it's a color that you get ur moenys worth on cuz you can wear it everyday. It is pretty shimmery so I tone it down with matte colors. I love the packaging cuz they all have one of a kind graffati on them. The worst part is of course...the cost, but UD is top quality & you get what you pay for. I suggest you try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by pandamic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Color: bronzy medium brown that doesn't pull red on my NC20 olive skin

It's the only 'brown' I've found - and I've tried MANY browns - that I can wear without it making me look sick. I wear it in the crease when i'm wearing lighter colors on the lid OR on it's on on the lid as a smokey eye. I'm very pleasantly surprised as it's the only 'darker' color I've worn on my lid comfortably - I've been searching for a long time.

Wear: I've worn it of UD Primer Potion and Benefit Creaseless Cream in Tattle Tale and I actually found it to be wear nicer over the Benefit CC. It does fade after a few hrs on my oily lids - but it still looks beautiful and soft.

Being olive I'm classified as 'cool' in color analysis theory - so I wear this when I try to make my coloring more warm, wearing it along w/warmer-colored clothes.

Value: I got this in the Naked palette so the value was fantastic, otherwise I think this e/s for the regular single e/s price is a good value if you use it often and you're happy with it.

I would (and will) rebuy.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2010 3:03:00 PM More reviews by cmkelly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had such high expectations after reading so many rave reviews for UD ES. My first purchase was the Pony and Ammo Palettes. The colors look gorgeous in the pan and on my hand.

I'm on the fence with Smog. With all the hype I expected to love UD colors. So far, I've been disappointed with most of them. Too much shimmer/shine and way too much glitter fall out. Smog gave me a great smokey look, but after 4 hours it faded and made me look tired. I used UD primer potion which is good but I don't think the best primer.

I'm 48 but can pass for under 35 and I found the glitter to be too much. For fun, I tried some of the other colors in the palettes on my 8 and 11 year old and the colors faded and the glitter and fall out was all over their faces even with primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2010 3:38:00 AM More reviews by Roseandthorn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like Smog, it's a lovely brown with a hint of copper. I don't even need primer with these shadows - pigmentation is awesome, doesn't crease and lasts forever. Even on my 12 hour work shifts it stays put. These shadows may be on the expensive side but you don't need to use much for each application so they last a long time, definitely worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2010 1:15:00 AM More reviews by Vicky83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Urban Decay is one of my favorite eyeshadow brands because you definitely get what you pay for. This brownish/bronze color is beautiful and I think it works great for all eye colors. Its very silky and easy to blend and the color payoff is fab. Every girl needs that great go to brown color and this is certainly one to have.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2010 7:03:00 PM More reviews by CharleeG

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Smog is my go-to every day favorite shadow. Even though I am quite fair, I can wear intense shadow without looking overdone. This gives my eyes stunning depth and does not go orange. Not too shimmery for the office either. Tons of color - it's like Brylcream - a little dab'll do ya. :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2010 11:33:00 PM More reviews by lafemmetopaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Absolutely my favorite shade from UD. This color works on all skin tones, I have dark skin and dark brown eyes. UD eyeshadow is the best on the market imo. Like WarmAppleCider, I pair it with chopper and perversion in the crease. It works as a beautiful brow highlight too.
I woud suggust pairing it with YDK, Kiddie Pool and/or Shattered. Smog, Kiddie Pool and Shattered are fabulous with a jeans.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2010 12:23:00 PM More reviews by jarona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Surprisingly, this is flattering on my fair skin! I thought this coppery-brown would turn orange-y or even worse make my eyes look as though I had been crying...sometimes the wrong color shadow can do that--yeah.
It has a tad too much shimmer to wear as an every day office or running-out-to-the-grocery-store shadow, but on those days--or nights--when I am going somewhere other than my routine it is very nice--hence the four lipsticks rather than the five.
Nice pigmentation. Nice blendability. I definitely would repurchase this shadow but I have a strong feeling it will be in my make-up box for a long time as a little goes a long way!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2010 10:26:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A nice bronzey brown, decent amount of glitter, not over the top. I'd maybe repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2010 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Giannina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Beautiful brown color