CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

Water Purified, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 1/23/2014 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

i do not understand this lotion. i have very sensitive skin and have a very hard time finding products that dont irritate my skin. after being fed up with spending so much money on products that havent worked for me, i turned to my doctor. she reccommended i use this lotion from head to toe and that it would soothe my irritated skin whilst moisturizing it effectively. After one month of using this, i can honestly say it does none of those things. it irritates my face and arms to high heavens and leaves angry red patches that are painful and itchy. another bonus about this lotion is that it breaks me out SO BADLY! i quit using this for like a week and my face and arms cleared up from the rash and breakouts, and then, for some reason i do not understand, i tried it again for 1 day. 1 day!! and my face broke out like crazy in pimples and rashes again! i know for sure that it is this product, and while this may work well for others, this was an epic fail for me.
Pros:
-lightweight
-fragrance free
Cons:
-highly irritating (for me at least)
-highy poreclogging
-makes you oily throughout the day

on 1/23/2014 3:07:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

GREAT product! I just love that it can be used anywhere: face, hands, body, etc.
When you think about it, WHY would you use a moisturizer on your body, that you wouldn't use on your face?!
I originally bought this because my hands get super-dry in the winter, and I wanted a fragrance-free lotion for them. It works very effectively on my winter-chapped hands and I've since started using it on my face and body as well, and I've found it to be very moisturizing (in a non-greasy way) and non-irritating. It has a somewhat thin texture, which makes it easy to spread, but still has a very silky texture on the skin. The ceramides and H.A. are great ingredients to have. The price is very reasonable for the size of the bottle, too. Will definitely buy again!

on 1/22/2014 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

A simple moisturizer with beneficial ingredients that will improve the condition of your skin. I like it for these reasons. My skin is looking so much better since I started moisturizing morning and night with this. I am very acne-prone and this does not break me out. In fact, my skin seems to be clearing up and healing nicely. The only complaint I have is that it leaves my forehead looking shiny. Apparently this is the "greasiest" of CeraVe's moisturizers, so I might try a different one next time. This can also be used as body lotion! The 12 oz. size is generous for the price (~$11).

Simply the best body moisturiser I've ever used PLUS I hear you can use it on your face if it's particularly dry or sensitive without overloading it. I can believe this as it's very light once applied. My skin is very confused right now and my body is dry in patches. I've been using the Cerave PM and Cerave Hydrating Cleanser with great success so knew this would be great too. Unlike other very emollient moisturisers I have used, this lotion sinks in immediately, provides relief and superb moisturisation yet doesn't feel in the least bit greasy. I can put my clothes on immediately after applying and not have to re-apply until the evening. Another Cerave HG for me. It's just a shame it's not available in the UK (yet), as it is expensive to buy this via Amazon but I'll definitely re-purchase. The massive amount you get makes the p&p worth it.

on 1/21/2014 12:23:00 PM

This moisturizer is the best value and product I've ever used. It doesn't irritate my eczema, heals my skin including acne that's been treated with bp. You can use it on your face and body but I mostly just use it on my face. 12 ounces for $11 can't be beat for such a perfect moisturizer. Definitely try it if you have dry or sensitive skin, or are using harsher products for acne or another problem before moisturizing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Picked this up when it finally came to Canada, based on the rave reviews at r/skincareaddiction. At first, I loved the moisturizing effect of the hyaluronic acid and the fragrance-free formula, but noticed that my forehead breakouts were getting worse over time. Closed comedones became angry red pimples, then after the swelling went down, they'd become pimples again and the cycle would repeat, and they would never actually heal. I stopped using this for a few days and my forehead cleared up right away. Another disappointment, but I will keep using this as a body lotion.

Skin type: normal, sensitive to fragrance and dyes

on 1/8/2014 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Literally my holy grail moisturizer.

This cured my dry, irritated, oily-acne prone, confused skin!
A lot of moisturizers I tried would sting and just make my skin worse.
Finally, I purchased this product when my Dermatologist recommended it and OMG I'm so glad he did.

My skin LOVES this stuff. It keeps me hydrated and moisturizes my skin evenly, thoroughly.
It doesn't irritate me at all! And it doesn't break me out either!!!

It feels really gentle and doesn't feel TOO heavy. I use it in the morning and night time. It doesn't feel heavy under my makeup.

During the winter months, I find it needs a little back-up with some moisturizing masks and serums, though! Or its cream counterpart! :) As I get very very dry during the harsh winter months especially in Canada. But it still keeps my skin relatively hydrated during then, just needs a little backup.

OVERALL, this is the best moisturizer I have and I've repurchased it 5 times now.
Love it. LOVE it.

on 1/7/2014 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has become my go to moisturizer. I have gone through many different kinds of moisturizers and was never satisfied. Having sensitive, acne-prone and combination skin, it has been an uphill journey to find a moisturizer that works for me.

I came upon this serendipitously and I absolutely loved it. It's a moisturizer that absorbs quickly into the skin, works well with my combination skin (oily T zone, dry to normal cheeks), and has not made me broke out. This moisturizer has also done wonders on reducing the stubborn redness around my cheeks. I am grateful that I came upon this product and I would recommend this is to just about anyone who still has not found their holy grail.

on 1/2/2014 8:11:00 PM

Using this on my mild Rosacea along with Eucerine Redness Relief cleanser & green tea toner(homemade). So far, I like this moisturizer. It soaks in & calms & repairs. No major breakouts to report yet!

on 12/28/2013 3:47:00 AM

My HG moisturizer!

*Morning: Quarter pump on dry areas of face.
*Night: Full pump in conjunction with Retin-A and possibly a few drops of Jojoba oil, depending on the staus of my skin

*The Good: Easily available, pump dispenser, combats the pesky flakies during the day, hydrates well over night, excellent overall moisturizer

*The Bad: Bit pricey compared to other moisturizers

*Overall: Been using this moisturizer for over 3 years and it has done nothing but good for my skin. Love it!