October 25, 2014 | 1863 users online

Moisturizers - CeraVe - Moisturizing Lotion

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by madscientist01

I was using this product for quite a while...a year or two maybe? I'm pretty certain this was contributing to my acne in a mild way. I found it didn't hydrate very well at all, and often I experienced a burning sensation because my skin was getting so dry! Also, the more you apply the more you can feel a layer of this on your skin.

This is a very good price for a decent product. It's definitely not a bad moisturizer, but it isn't great either. I wouldn't particularly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by cmgoo

I lovelovelovelovelove it!!! I will forever stick this moisturizer for my face(: It is not greasy in ANY WAY. It feels like you're putting ceeamy water on your face tgat moisturizes it so well. LOVE IT

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 9:40:00 AM More reviews by Jyces

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an excellent moisturiser. It is highly recommended by Dermatologists for a reason. Try it, and you likely won't regret it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

On my second bottle of this now. I have very dry skin (body not face) and I get psoriasis and eczema on occasion. This moisturizes but doesn't feel heavy or tacky on my skin, it absorbs quickly and is great to use when I just want to apply something quick and leave for work. I love that it has little to no fragrance and doesn't make my skin red or itchy. It's not really moisturizing enough for extremely dry winter skin imo but it does a great job in the summer. Would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by Teressafarnkopf

I'm in love with this stuff. My face has been extremely dry because I just started using panoxyl. It's been red, itchy, and irritated but this stuff helps it so much. When applied onto my irritated skin it does not sting at all. It never leaves my skin feeling oily or greasy. My face feels so smooth and hydrated! Love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Paoneil

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Cerave has seperate lotions for face and body. The lotion pictured above is for the body. I just bought this lotion today and will post an update. The intention of this post is to help others pick the right lotion. Dimethecone in the body lotion may clog facial pores.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Paintedlily62

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This work ok for my skin (perioral dermatitis, combination). It didn't seem irritating. Not as much moisture as I would have liked and it smells like dull melted plastic. Not for me, especially at $17USD.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by ylchag

Great, deeply hydrating lotion that I use all over my body and occasionally on my face (if it is feeling dry or irritated). It doesn't have much of a scent, but can feel its moisturizing effects hours after I apply it (especially on my legs). It also hasn't made me break out when I use it on my face. I only do that sparingly and at night though, since my skin is fairly oily.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Trying4flawless

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My dermatologist recommended this otc lotion for some little bumps I have on my arms. The lotion does help some. However, the smell so closely resembles the smell of baby soy formula spit-up I can hardly stand it. It's also somewhat expensive $13.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2013 6:00:00 AM More reviews by lovekira

PROS: I've had eczema all my life, and I began to develop allergic rashes to pretty much everything a few years ago. My dermatologist recommended this moisturizer since it's pretty mild. My skin definitely likes it! It never, ever gives me a rash - nor does it cause me to have acne breakouts on my face. If I happen to have an allergic/irritation rash on my face from another product, this moisturizer evens seems to soothe it and calm it down a little. It feels lightweight and absorbs faster than any other moisturizer I've tried.

CONS: Sometimes I feel that it's not an incredibly effective moisturizer when it comes to the skin on the rest of my body. If I use it on my arms or legs, it feels like nothing at all. It also doesn't give me that 'deeply moisturized' feeling on my face that I crave.

FINAL THOUGHTS: If you've got sensitive, rash-prone skin, Cerave Moisturizing Lotion is a no-frills, get-'er-done moisturizer that won't irritate your skin. It's a great daily moisturizer, but you'll probably want to supplement your moisturizing routine with some bi-weekly deep moisturizer.