August 23, 2014 | 1098 users online

Moisturizers - CeraVe - Moisturizing Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by Teressafarnkopf

I'm in love with this stuff. My face has been extremely dry because I just started using panoxyl. It's been red, itchy, and irritated but this stuff helps it so much. When applied onto my irritated skin it does not sting at all. It never leaves my skin feeling oily or greasy. My face feels so smooth and hydrated! Love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Paoneil

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Cerave has seperate lotions for face and body. The lotion pictured above is for the body. I just bought this lotion today and will post an update. The intention of this post is to help others pick the right lotion. Dimethecone in the body lotion may clog facial pores.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Paintedlily62

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This work ok for my skin (perioral dermatitis, combination). It didn't seem irritating. Not as much moisture as I would have liked and it smells like dull melted plastic. Not for me, especially at $17USD.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by ylchag

Great, deeply hydrating lotion that I use all over my body and occasionally on my face (if it is feeling dry or irritated). It doesn't have much of a scent, but can feel its moisturizing effects hours after I apply it (especially on my legs). It also hasn't made me break out when I use it on my face. I only do that sparingly and at night though, since my skin is fairly oily.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Trying4flawless

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My dermatologist recommended this otc lotion for some little bumps I have on my arms. The lotion does help some. However, the smell so closely resembles the smell of baby soy formula spit-up I can hardly stand it. It's also somewhat expensive $13.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2013 6:00:00 AM More reviews by lovekira

PROS: I've had eczema all my life, and I began to develop allergic rashes to pretty much everything a few years ago. My dermatologist recommended this moisturizer since it's pretty mild. My skin definitely likes it! It never, ever gives me a rash - nor does it cause me to have acne breakouts on my face. If I happen to have an allergic/irritation rash on my face from another product, this moisturizer evens seems to soothe it and calm it down a little. It feels lightweight and absorbs faster than any other moisturizer I've tried.

CONS: Sometimes I feel that it's not an incredibly effective moisturizer when it comes to the skin on the rest of my body. If I use it on my arms or legs, it feels like nothing at all. It also doesn't give me that 'deeply moisturized' feeling on my face that I crave.

FINAL THOUGHTS: If you've got sensitive, rash-prone skin, Cerave Moisturizing Lotion is a no-frills, get-'er-done moisturizer that won't irritate your skin. It's a great daily moisturizer, but you'll probably want to supplement your moisturizing routine with some bi-weekly deep moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by rachrachrach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Staying far away from cerave. Broke me out something awful. Thankfully, I always test on my chin and part if my neck, so no break out on my face. Still have lingering pimples a week out. I can't say if its the hydrating or foaming cleanser, or the lotions since I was desperate to try something new to help relieve my super dry skin, neither products helped in that department, either.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Endit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I keep trying CeraVe products hoping they'd work for me, since they are really economical and easy to find, but apparently it's just not meant to be!

PROS: You already know: Ceramides, hyaluronic acid, cholesterol, and the time releasing MVE technology. Huge bottles and cheap.

CONS: Glycerin as ingredient #2. Feels heavy as a result. Not as heavy as others though since it's a lotion. But if I put my finger on my face and try to gently move it down, it feels like there is a bit of drag (the product) from it not drying. I have dry skin but I hate glycerin because it always appears a shiny, feels heavy, and never dries - it is too good at moisturizing! I don't know what it is about CeraVe's moisturizers either, but something in them doesn't agree with me. I'll wash my face and it looks pretty calm, but as soon as I moisturize, it looks like it's flushes. Not in an extreme way, but like oxidizing foundation - slightly darker and redder. Enough that it bothers me. I recently used this on one arm too and honestly, that arm looks worse now. The arm I didn't use it on looks to have a more even tone, and the one I did use it on got tiny breakouts - and that never happens. They

OVERALL: I'll try their sunscreens, but I'm done with their moisturizers. The key word in how my skin responds is "tolerate". They don't destroy my skin, and they aren't the worst thing I've used, but they don't fully agree either.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by stellar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a pretty great moisturizer! I have somewhat sensitive, normal-normal/slightly combination skin (on my face) that dries out easily in some areas and gets a bit more oily in others. I use this at night after washing my face when I feel like I need a good moisture boost, or when my skin is feeling irritated. A couple weeks ago I used it when I ended up with three dry patches on the right side of my face after using Rimmel Stay Matte powder for five days in a row. After the first night of using it, the patches were greatly diminished.

This lotion doesn't irritate my skin at all and doesn't cause any breakouts. I tend not to use it during the day under my makeup though, as I find it makes me a bit shiny and my makeup doesn't last as long. I tend to use more moisturizing foundations, tinted moisturizers, and bb creams, so I really don't need a lot of moisture underneath them. I have used this on my hands and body as well and I love it for that, too! I sometimes get random small patches of dry, irritated skin, excema and/or psoriasis (yay!) and this doesn't irritate any of that. It actually helps with them a lot. I would repurchase this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by flowerbed7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have very very dry skin on my arms so my doctor recommend this. It is by far the best, most moisturizing lotion I have ever used. I honestly love it. It smells ok I suppose. Nit is pretty expensive for what you get though.