December 19, 2014 | 1536 users online

Blush - NARS - Amour

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by SocksMcJones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this blush!
I have really fair skin, and I was on the hunt for a perfect pink blush last summer. I bought 'Amour', my first Nars blush, and was so surprised! I hardly even have to touch my brush to the product to pick enough up! It is so pigmented, that you really don't even have to 'sweep' your brush across it, just touching it is enough.
The colour is described as 'peachy pink', but I don't see any peach undertones. It is a true red pink. It is pretty intense, and matte, so I have to be careful when applying (when I accidentally apply with a heavy hand, I look like I'm ready for broadway haha).
It is really expensive, but I bought this August 2010 (and I've use the product about 3 times a week), it is now April 2011, and I haven't even hit pan yet! It is a true investment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2011 4:08:00 PM More reviews by binkari

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

As an NC20-25 (in summer), this is the blush I turn to when I want to try a warmer look. It's a peachy-pink that actually pulls a bit redder on my cheeks, but it still gives a lovely flush of color without shimmer (a major plus for me!) that stays on all day. I'm tempted to say that this is similar to Orgasm sans shimmer, if not a touch darker too.

It's probably important to note that this stuff is REALLY pigmented. You'll have to use a very light hand with this blush because it builds up quickly, or spend a little extra time buffing out the edges.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2011 10:27:00 AM More reviews by ladymoonlight

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The colour is lovely, matches my natural cheek colour perfectly. I also like its being matte. But the thing is it is so pigmented it makes the application fairly complicated. I've tried a number of brushes, ending up with a stippling brush, but still I need to be very careful not to exaggerate. For many people high pigmentation is an advantage, for me it means risk of looking clownish. But I like the blush nonetheless.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Makeupl0ver88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite blush of all time! It is a beautiful peachy pink Matte shade (which i love) and it is super pigmented, a little bit truly goes a long way. Smooth and silky and just beautiful. i'm an NC42 and my face just glows! it's definitely a must have for medium to darker skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by amaizeingndn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

my HG everyday blush. Its a matte peachy-pink color that never oxidizes or wears off streaky for me. The price is a bit steep, but for the quality and the amount of product you get, I think they're totally worth it. I do find that when left in the original packaging, these sometimes crack during travel, which is frustrating. However, I usually depot these into an Unii palette, and I find that they don't have that problem. Overall, excellent product

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by veronicapaige

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful coral/pink blush, but beware: a little goes a long way if you aren't careful...especially if you have fair skin. I love this shade in the warmer months. It's a matte blush, but that doesn't make it any less gorgeous. I LOVE NARS' packaging--it fits easily in my make-up bag and the large mirror is very convenient.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Junqiu

I gave it 2 lippies only because it is a mat blush without any shimmer, it looks really pretty at the sephora counter, but when I bought it, it looks different under the natual light,it is not peachy pink at all, it is red.and on my face, it looks like I got burn or irritate with only one slightly tap and rub off the excess on the back of my hand.but still it pulls red.this is going back to sephora.too bad it is not easy to find a mat blush. nice quality tho. I think it will suit darker skin tone girls, I am NC 20-25 with yellow undertone.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by 1017

Oy, where to start! I am NW20, black/brown hair, brown eyes. The color is nice a corally pink. But it was still a bit "ruddy" on my fair - medium skin. You could "see" the blush no matter how much I blended. You have to be careful with the application; it goes on a bit strong. Temptalia lists this as a dupe for MAC Fleur Power, but FP works sooooo much better on my NW20 skin. FP is more pink, where as Amour is more corally/peach. But the difference makes a huge impact on how I can wear the blush.

Now the part that really sucks. NARS blush...right, my first NARS blush...I was soooo excited. But, it completely irritated my skin! Who gets irritated by NARS blush...I have never heard of this?!? But as soon as I put it on and walk away from the mirror, my cheeks felt warm & a bit stingy. Not awful, but my cheeks were getting warmer and warmer. And it wasn't just once. It happened every time. This is the only new item I added. You are probably scoffing right now, I would be too, but it was real. So, I will be moving back to MAC blushes. I have never had this reaction to any one of their finishes. Amour will be going back to Nordies.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by careypiper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Described as a (peachy pink), I can't wait for Summer to wear this! I've worn it a few times and love it but to me it's more of a Summer shade.

For reference I'm a NW/NC 25 or Light-Medium with Neutral/Beige Undertone

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2010 1:37:00 PM More reviews by marria77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My first NARS blush and my favorite. I am NC30-35 and this gives me a polished flush. I am yellow/olive based and this color pulls more red-pink on me but in a nice way. Certainly NOT clownish AT ALL. Polished and almost universal in shade but not boring. Just gorgeous.

It is heavily pigmented but not scary. I don't have to use a fan brush brush with this, like I do desire. I can certainly pile more on for a bolder look but it still is not clownish looking.

Love it. If you are olive/medium toned- try this out!