July 23, 2014 | 2000 users online

Blush - NARS - Amour

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by amaizeingndn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

my HG everyday blush. Its a matte peachy-pink color that never oxidizes or wears off streaky for me. The price is a bit steep, but for the quality and the amount of product you get, I think they're totally worth it. I do find that when left in the original packaging, these sometimes crack during travel, which is frustrating. However, I usually depot these into an Unii palette, and I find that they don't have that problem. Overall, excellent product

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by veronicapaige

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful coral/pink blush, but beware: a little goes a long way if you aren't careful...especially if you have fair skin. I love this shade in the warmer months. It's a matte blush, but that doesn't make it any less gorgeous. I LOVE NARS' packaging--it fits easily in my make-up bag and the large mirror is very convenient.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Junqiu

I gave it 2 lippies only because it is a mat blush without any shimmer, it looks really pretty at the sephora counter, but when I bought it, it looks different under the natual light,it is not peachy pink at all, it is red.and on my face, it looks like I got burn or irritate with only one slightly tap and rub off the excess on the back of my hand.but still it pulls red.this is going back to sephora.too bad it is not easy to find a mat blush. nice quality tho. I think it will suit darker skin tone girls, I am NC 20-25 with yellow undertone.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by 1017

Oy, where to start! I am NW20, black/brown hair, brown eyes. The color is nice a corally pink. But it was still a bit "ruddy" on my fair - medium skin. You could "see" the blush no matter how much I blended. You have to be careful with the application; it goes on a bit strong. Temptalia lists this as a dupe for MAC Fleur Power, but FP works sooooo much better on my NW20 skin. FP is more pink, where as Amour is more corally/peach. But the difference makes a huge impact on how I can wear the blush.

Now the part that really sucks. NARS blush...right, my first NARS blush...I was soooo excited. But, it completely irritated my skin! Who gets irritated by NARS blush...I have never heard of this?!? But as soon as I put it on and walk away from the mirror, my cheeks felt warm & a bit stingy. Not awful, but my cheeks were getting warmer and warmer. And it wasn't just once. It happened every time. This is the only new item I added. You are probably scoffing right now, I would be too, but it was real. So, I will be moving back to MAC blushes. I have never had this reaction to any one of their finishes. Amour will be going back to Nordies.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by careypiper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Described as a (peachy pink), I can't wait for Summer to wear this! I've worn it a few times and love it but to me it's more of a Summer shade.

For reference I'm a NW/NC 25 or Light-Medium with Neutral/Beige Undertone

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2010 1:37:00 PM More reviews by marria77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My first NARS blush and my favorite. I am NC30-35 and this gives me a polished flush. I am yellow/olive based and this color pulls more red-pink on me but in a nice way. Certainly NOT clownish AT ALL. Polished and almost universal in shade but not boring. Just gorgeous.

It is heavily pigmented but not scary. I don't have to use a fan brush brush with this, like I do desire. I can certainly pile more on for a bolder look but it still is not clownish looking.

Love it. If you are olive/medium toned- try this out!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 3:51:00 AM More reviews by MackMimiMommy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I want to love this blush, and in the pan, I do. However, on my skin it looks a little clown-like. It shows up more pink or even a bit plum on me. I will probably purchase again though as I've bought two in the hopes that it will magically work!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2010 7:30:00 PM More reviews by shoppingfreak614

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

Amour to me is a pinky-coral, a tad darker and a tad pinker than orgasm. I personally like it as a warm pink blush, which is dark enough to show up on my NC30 skin yet light enough to not overpower the rest of my makeup.
I love applying this blush with a stippling brush, since the pigmentation of this matte blush is amazing.
Although, the only reason for a lippie off is the lack of staying power. It stays on for about 4 to 5 hours even with face primer and foundation, but will fade as the day goes on.
Love the color, not so much the staying power.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2010 3:51:00 PM More reviews by rosiejo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this blush! It's a sheer pinky peach with a tiny hint of red.It's the exact color I blush! I use it on days I don't want to use bronzer and blush. I brush a little on my cheeks, forehead, and nose and it warms up my light complexion without looking like I'm wearing a lot of makeup. It's the perfect "outdoor" flush! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by serrabird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amour is one of the reasons why I love Nars. This is a gorgeous satiny peach and looks gorgeous on fair to medium skin tones. I'd bought it at the same time as Orgasm but this became a firm favourite as it looks so much more natural and flush-of-blood-to-the-cheeks sort of blush. It is highly pigmented, so just a light touch with the brush is enough to pick up a good amount. The colour stays true on my combination skin and doesn't oxidize into a muddy colour or smudge. That would be one of those rare colours that I would repeat buy if I ever hit the pan, which is very unlikely given how little you need to use!