February 28, 2015 | 1921 users online

Blush - NARS - Amour

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 1:48:00 AM More reviews by ndl

it makes me look like i was just about to get a sunburn, but not quite. my skin is on the lighter side, but with this pop of color it looks better.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by liveinbeauty

My first NARS Blush lol. I didn't want to go with Orgasm just cause I thought it was way overrated lol. But I'm pretty sure I'll pick one up eventually lol. I'm glad I get a discount on this because I would NEVER purchase this at full price. At least not right now. Anyway, I love the colour pay off for this blush. It gives me a nice blushed cheek that looks natural but can also be buildable. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 11:56:00 AM More reviews by sassenachtiff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Next to Deep Throat, Amour is one of my favorite blushes. I like it because it's matte and there are some days when I just don't feel like looking shimmery. Amour is SUPER pigmented--I apply it with my Sonia Kashuk skunk brush and I only need to swipe the pan once or twice to get enough product. That being said, it's very easy to overapply, so I always have to make sure I use a light hand. The color lasts all day on me (from around 7 AM until I remove my makeup around 10 PM). Even though NARS blushes are somewhat expensive, I feel like this pan will last for years since I don't wear it every day. But I would repurchase when/if I ever hit pan on this!
My coloring for reference: Asian NC25-30 with strong yellow/golden undertones.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by SocksMcJones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this blush!
I have really fair skin, and I was on the hunt for a perfect pink blush last summer. I bought 'Amour', my first Nars blush, and was so surprised! I hardly even have to touch my brush to the product to pick enough up! It is so pigmented, that you really don't even have to 'sweep' your brush across it, just touching it is enough.
The colour is described as 'peachy pink', but I don't see any peach undertones. It is a true red pink. It is pretty intense, and matte, so I have to be careful when applying (when I accidentally apply with a heavy hand, I look like I'm ready for broadway haha).
It is really expensive, but I bought this August 2010 (and I've use the product about 3 times a week), it is now April 2011, and I haven't even hit pan yet! It is a true investment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2011 4:08:00 PM More reviews by binkari

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

As an NC20-25 (in summer), this is the blush I turn to when I want to try a warmer look. It's a peachy-pink that actually pulls a bit redder on my cheeks, but it still gives a lovely flush of color without shimmer (a major plus for me!) that stays on all day. I'm tempted to say that this is similar to Orgasm sans shimmer, if not a touch darker too.

It's probably important to note that this stuff is REALLY pigmented. You'll have to use a very light hand with this blush because it builds up quickly, or spend a little extra time buffing out the edges.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2011 10:27:00 AM More reviews by ladymoonlight

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The colour is lovely, matches my natural cheek colour perfectly. I also like its being matte. But the thing is it is so pigmented it makes the application fairly complicated. I've tried a number of brushes, ending up with a stippling brush, but still I need to be very careful not to exaggerate. For many people high pigmentation is an advantage, for me it means risk of looking clownish. But I like the blush nonetheless.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Makeupl0ver88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite blush of all time! It is a beautiful peachy pink Matte shade (which i love) and it is super pigmented, a little bit truly goes a long way. Smooth and silky and just beautiful. i'm an NC42 and my face just glows! it's definitely a must have for medium to darker skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by amaizeingndn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

my HG everyday blush. Its a matte peachy-pink color that never oxidizes or wears off streaky for me. The price is a bit steep, but for the quality and the amount of product you get, I think they're totally worth it. I do find that when left in the original packaging, these sometimes crack during travel, which is frustrating. However, I usually depot these into an Unii palette, and I find that they don't have that problem. Overall, excellent product

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by veronicapaige

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful coral/pink blush, but beware: a little goes a long way if you aren't careful...especially if you have fair skin. I love this shade in the warmer months. It's a matte blush, but that doesn't make it any less gorgeous. I LOVE NARS' packaging--it fits easily in my make-up bag and the large mirror is very convenient.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Junqiu

I gave it 2 lippies only because it is a mat blush without any shimmer, it looks really pretty at the sephora counter, but when I bought it, it looks different under the natual light,it is not peachy pink at all, it is red.and on my face, it looks like I got burn or irritate with only one slightly tap and rub off the excess on the back of my hand.but still it pulls red.this is going back to sephora.too bad it is not easy to find a mat blush. nice quality tho. I think it will suit darker skin tone girls, I am NC 20-25 with yellow undertone.