December 21, 2014 | 840 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Liquid Facial Soap - Oily skin

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2011 2:08:00 AM More reviews by Beladahmer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i really wanted to like this product. but it was horrible. at first when i used it, i noticed it made my skin VERY oily... and i thought maybe it was because my skin was getting used to a new product. used it for a couple of weeks until the one night i went out to a club and took a look at my makeup and it was HORRIBLE! my makeup was literally MELTING off my skin.. and this was in november!!!!!!!! and i barely danced. it was all the oil from my skin. i knew it wasnt any of my other products because ive used them before and they never did this.. it was this soap. this is the WORST PRODUCT i have ever used...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2011 9:42:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wonderful for removing my Revlon Colorstay liq fndt! (The comb/oily fndt.) All it takes if part of a pump, and it comes off stat!! And not a trace of mu left!! It does not dry out my comb/oily skin at all or irritate it. Just soft supple clean skin.

As for the scent, I am one to get migraines or just plain annoyed with scents, so I would have noticed. The previous reviewer must have got a bad batch or something. Weird. I have never experienced anything like that with this mu remover over the past 10+ years of using it. Sames goes for the stripped skin comment. (I would never use a comb/oily skin formula if I had dry skin!!)

Overall, I love this product. Def a staple of mine. Love the packaging. And as for the price, a little goes a long way for me, so I can live with it. Highly recommend!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by chrissygalpal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I felt that this cleanser did remove my oil off my skin very well. I did however have to wash my face twice to remove my makeup. The smell is a bit strong. Its an ok cleanser, not for the price of it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2010 1:39:00 AM More reviews by luveliane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i love the packaging. i hate the product. it never take off any make up even if i use it twice. my face feels clean but when i use the toner, i can still remove foundation on my face. it broke me out because it didnt get much dirt on my face along side with their clarifying toner #3.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by donnahsueh

Unfortunately, this didn't do much for my skin. It felt like any other ordinary cleanser. My face did feel clean and stuff after cleansing but I wouldn't rely on this to take off my makeup. Prior to this cleanser, I was using the Clinique's Acne Solution Cleanser and that did WONDERS for my skin. But i decided to try this one out so I can give my face a little break from all the harsh chemicals .. anddddd .. to my disappointment, this didn't keep my face clear like I would've hoped and did not make my new blemishes go away. I don't think I'll be repurchasing this.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by kelkelkel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Really didn't like it.
Nice packaging, but it made me break out. I think it was a bit too harsh.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2010 1:32:00 PM More reviews by SaraNikkita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THIS STUFF! Makes my face nice and clean. Read my review on the 3 Step System......this is a keeper!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2010 7:39:00 PM More reviews by k10151984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is just a cleanser. Nothing special. The price is $20CAD for 200ml. My version is the oily skin one. I think it kinda dries my skin after washing it. The smell is little bit lemon-y. But when I look at the ingredients, there's laurel sulfate or something like that... which I heard is not good for skin?... so probably wont buy this again.. prlbably buy Philosophy Purity cleanser after this. I'm not sure about the cleansing power, but I use 2 pumps to get my makeup off, and I think it does an alright job. But as for breakouts, I still do get 1 or 2 ocassionally..
For more detail review, visit my blog:

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 4:57:00 PM More reviews by regrebs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this cleanser. I used to use it daily when I first got it last year, but for the last several months I've been using it just occasionally, when I'm broken out. Somehow, it usually helps calm down my red, under-the-skin bumps. It's not a miracle worker, but it does help. You get a huge bottle for only $15 (I've bought drugstore face products that ended up being more expensive), and I usually only use half a pump because the cleanser foams up so nicely, so the bottle lasts a long time. I'm about to finish my first bottle and will be trying the mild version next to compare.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2010 2:35:00 AM More reviews by daysofarabianlives

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading SO many mixed reviews on Clinique’s 3 Step Skin Care regime I was really nervous about trying it but decided to try it anyway – i have really oily skin and by the middle of the day regardless of weather my face will look like an oil slick… I LOVE this stuff! The toner (of whatever Clinique call it) I use is the number 3 and together with the moisturising gel my face gets dewy by late afternoon! This is the BEST my skin has EVER been! I cannot recommend this enough to people with really oily skin… I leave use it when i am in the shower and find it easy to apply - my fiance tried it but said that it wasn't really good for him as he has normal skin so it left him feeling a little "tight". I will definately repurchase!