November 21, 2014 | 1724 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Liquid Facial Soap - Mild

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by marmaladecat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Unfortunately this was much too drying for my skin. My face felt really stripped of moisture after using it and I had that really tight feel to my skin. Sodium Laureth Sulfate is second on the ingredients list and I found out this can be really drying for some people, as can Sodium Chloride which is the third ingredient. A few previous cleansers I had also contained these two ingredients and they were also too moisture-stripping, so I'm going to avoid these from now on. I did read the ingredients list for the Clinique prior to purchasing, but I got sucked into their claim that it wasn't drying!

It's possible this face-wash also contributed to my skin really breaking out. I can't be totally sure, but even if it didn't, the major drying effect and the price (15 in the UK) means I won't be getting this again.

The search for a good cleanser continues...

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2012 2:57:00 AM More reviews by lovelyKk

I tend to break out very easily. I was using a face wash with 10% glycolic acid. It was so drying. A friend recommended the clinique three step system... I am so glad she did!! I use this face wash with my clarisonic brush morning and night. Within a couple of weeks my skin has completely cleared up, feels and looks so much better. I can't think of anything I don't like about this product so far, there is no harsh smell, feels great, and is a great price. I use it with the clarifying lotion #3 and the dramatically different moisturizing lotion. I would recommend this product to anyone.

Update: I have had to change my skincare routine. I did notice that right after I washed my face it would be red and feel dry. After a while my skin was beginning to always be very red and dry. I tried using my heavy moisturizer more often but nothing changed until I stopped using this face wash. Wish it hadn't happened, really loved it for a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2012 7:54:00 AM More reviews by jrphu

Low down: A simple, no frills type of cleanser that mildly foams to gently cleanse. Pleasant smell. Doesn't strip face of moisture. Can be a little ineffective at cleansing if you don't take your time to rub into the face.

How to: I usually message for about 1 minute until it turns into a cream-like texture or until the foam disappears, then add some extra water to re-foam the product, massage for another 30 seconds before rinsing.

Alerts: will probably not take off the day's make up, I personally use a cleansing oil prior to remove any make-up or sunscreen.

Final words: nothing special, a little to pricey in Australia to repurchase but will buy the next time I am in the US.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2012 1:18:00 AM More reviews by Canadianpetite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- very gentle, doesn't dry my (combo) skin
- pump dispenses right amount for me
- pump does not waste liquid
- lasted me a long time
- nice looking bottle but see my con below

Cons:
- doesn't lather so ended up using more until I got used to no lather
- bottle leaves big environmental footprint

Got 50ml tube as part of GWP.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by jessiflower_x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

After landing back in England with no skin care to my name and the appearance of my face going quickly downhill, a kind friend gave me her samples of Clinique...that was the beginning of my affair.

I say affair, because as one who is aware of the effects of certain chemicals on the human body, I usually go for the more natural product or even something from my kitchen cupboard. With this in mind, for me Clinique's ingredients lists are far from angelic and I can understand, for example, the real reason for that post-cleanse softness just by looking at the chemicals listed on the bottle.

Despite this, an oil-free cleanser is hard to come by in the natural world and I have to admit that this does a good job of cleaning my skin. A small amount lathers well, washes away any makeup residue or oil, and I can actually move my face afterwards! In the morning I use a little bead size amount and it helps me to look a little less like the grizzly bear that I do when I get up; then in the evening I remove my makeup with Coconut Milk ;) and follow up with this soap to complete my cleanse.

I doubt I'll repurchase at the moment as I'd like to find a more Mother Nature-friendly cleanser, but it will always be on my emergency list because Clinique is so widely available and it's done what it says on the tin :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 2:31:00 AM More reviews by Hoyman

My daughter, husband, and myself love this product. Great cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 12:23:00 AM More reviews by minjing319

Besides the Basis facial cleanser, this Clinique liquid soap is another of my all time favorite. I love it's nutural scent -- yes it has a scent although it's fragrance free). For some reason I just love the natural scent (or masking fragrance) in "fragrance free" products. It's there but it's not there. lol. I always prefer gel cleanser because they clean better than cream cleanser. This gel cleanser does its job without drying out my skin. It's under $20 which is not bad for a department store product. Oh, the pump bottle is of good quality and looks very nice, and green is my favorite color (the Basis gel cleanser is also green). Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by jmasters

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

As mentioned before, I now only use this face wash once a day in the evenings because I was breaking out so much in the last year. My skin is much better, and I still rate this product very highly - I've been using it for around 6 years.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 2:21:00 AM More reviews by Ginaisobel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an excellent all purpose cleanser. I have been using the liquid soap for almost three years and I have had no issues with my skin, including breakouts. I wear a full face of makeup most days and this removes all of the makeup residue and oil from the day. The only reason I would stray from this cleanser would be to compare another high end brand cleanser. However, I have a feeling this product will always be my go to cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 11:08:00 AM More reviews by riyeu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am surprised. Clinique has always been too basic and drying for my tastes but when I started breaking out, nothing seemed to work (e.g. Ole Hendriksen, etc.) so I turned back to this and I am loving it. It lathers up well and removes all oil and impurities without being drying. Mind you, I have oily skin and don't mind that this takes all oils off my skin because after a few hours, my skin has produced it's own natural oils again. I wouldn't recommend this for those with dry skin though. But for those with oily skin - this makes me feel clean and seems to be working with my acne. Also, love the packaging. The pump gives you full control on how much product you want to dispense. Another plus - it's only $20 CAD!

Update - Okay, after a while, this product stopped working for me. It doesn't seem to clean well enough... When done, I'm going to look for something stronger.