December 18, 2014 | 1043 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Liquid Facial Soap - Mild

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by FrancescaMakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

No different to a cheap drugstore facial cleaner & dried my skin like crazy. Expensive. Will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by fallenrainxx

I have combination skin with minor breakouts around the T zone. I have tried so many different kinds of face wash, from drugstore oxy pads to department store Shiseido lines, but this is my HG face wash. I am a huge fan of Clinique products. I have relatively sensitive skin that gets dry around the edges of my face sometimes. I like products that don't have alcohol or fragrance, is gentle but will completely clean my skin - if this is what you're looking for, you've found the right product! I use half a pump and mix it with a bit of water, lather it up in my hands to form little bubbles, and gently massage it in circles over my face. It might smell a little strange, but the results are amazing. I don't think I'll ever find a face wash as good as this one. There isn't a single bad thing about it. It's available in almost every drugstore and department store, it's cheap ($20 for a good size bottle), and best of all: it works. I like the packaging very much - it's great for travel because the pump actually locks if you turn it a certain way, so it won't spill all over your luggage. After I wash my face with this, my skin feels clean and supple. There is no oil residue but my face doesn't feel tight at all. Buy this soap - you'll definitely love it!!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by janeeugenia

I think this product is more suitable for oily skin, it has ginormous amounts of alcohol and dries skin out to the point of it almost cracking, mmm not a good buy for dry or normal skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by marmaladecat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Unfortunately this was much too drying for my skin. My face felt really stripped of moisture after using it and I had that really tight feel to my skin. Sodium Laureth Sulfate is second on the ingredients list and I found out this can be really drying for some people, as can Sodium Chloride which is the third ingredient. A few previous cleansers I had also contained these two ingredients and they were also too moisture-stripping, so I'm going to avoid these from now on. I did read the ingredients list for the Clinique prior to purchasing, but I got sucked into their claim that it wasn't drying!

It's possible this face-wash also contributed to my skin really breaking out. I can't be totally sure, but even if it didn't, the major drying effect and the price (15 in the UK) means I won't be getting this again.

The search for a good cleanser continues...

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2012 2:57:00 AM More reviews by lovelyKk

I tend to break out very easily. I was using a face wash with 10% glycolic acid. It was so drying. A friend recommended the clinique three step system... I am so glad she did!! I use this face wash with my clarisonic brush morning and night. Within a couple of weeks my skin has completely cleared up, feels and looks so much better. I can't think of anything I don't like about this product so far, there is no harsh smell, feels great, and is a great price. I use it with the clarifying lotion #3 and the dramatically different moisturizing lotion. I would recommend this product to anyone.

Update: I have had to change my skincare routine. I did notice that right after I washed my face it would be red and feel dry. After a while my skin was beginning to always be very red and dry. I tried using my heavy moisturizer more often but nothing changed until I stopped using this face wash. Wish it hadn't happened, really loved it for a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2012 7:54:00 AM More reviews by jrphu

Low down: A simple, no frills type of cleanser that mildly foams to gently cleanse. Pleasant smell. Doesn't strip face of moisture. Can be a little ineffective at cleansing if you don't take your time to rub into the face.

How to: I usually message for about 1 minute until it turns into a cream-like texture or until the foam disappears, then add some extra water to re-foam the product, massage for another 30 seconds before rinsing.

Alerts: will probably not take off the day's make up, I personally use a cleansing oil prior to remove any make-up or sunscreen.

Final words: nothing special, a little to pricey in Australia to repurchase but will buy the next time I am in the US.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2012 1:18:00 AM More reviews by Canadianpetite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- very gentle, doesn't dry my (combo) skin
- pump dispenses right amount for me
- pump does not waste liquid
- lasted me a long time
- nice looking bottle but see my con below

Cons:
- doesn't lather so ended up using more until I got used to no lather
- bottle leaves big environmental footprint

Got 50ml tube as part of GWP.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by jessiflower_x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

After landing back in England with no skin care to my name and the appearance of my face going quickly downhill, a kind friend gave me her samples of Clinique...that was the beginning of my affair.

I say affair, because as one who is aware of the effects of certain chemicals on the human body, I usually go for the more natural product or even something from my kitchen cupboard. With this in mind, for me Clinique's ingredients lists are far from angelic and I can understand, for example, the real reason for that post-cleanse softness just by looking at the chemicals listed on the bottle.

Despite this, an oil-free cleanser is hard to come by in the natural world and I have to admit that this does a good job of cleaning my skin. A small amount lathers well, washes away any makeup residue or oil, and I can actually move my face afterwards! In the morning I use a little bead size amount and it helps me to look a little less like the grizzly bear that I do when I get up; then in the evening I remove my makeup with Coconut Milk ;) and follow up with this soap to complete my cleanse.

I doubt I'll repurchase at the moment as I'd like to find a more Mother Nature-friendly cleanser, but it will always be on my emergency list because Clinique is so widely available and it's done what it says on the tin :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 2:31:00 AM More reviews by Hoyman

My daughter, husband, and myself love this product. Great cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 12:23:00 AM More reviews by minjing319

Besides the Basis facial cleanser, this Clinique liquid soap is another of my all time favorite. I love it's nutural scent -- yes it has a scent although it's fragrance free). For some reason I just love the natural scent (or masking fragrance) in "fragrance free" products. It's there but it's not there. lol. I always prefer gel cleanser because they clean better than cream cleanser. This gel cleanser does its job without drying out my skin. It's under $20 which is not bad for a department store product. Oh, the pump bottle is of good quality and looks very nice, and green is my favorite color (the Basis gel cleanser is also green). Love it!