September 18, 2014 | 1828 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Liquid Facial Soap - Mild

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 2:21:00 AM More reviews by Ginaisobel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an excellent all purpose cleanser. I have been using the liquid soap for almost three years and I have had no issues with my skin, including breakouts. I wear a full face of makeup most days and this removes all of the makeup residue and oil from the day. The only reason I would stray from this cleanser would be to compare another high end brand cleanser. However, I have a feeling this product will always be my go to cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 11:08:00 AM More reviews by riyeu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am surprised. Clinique has always been too basic and drying for my tastes but when I started breaking out, nothing seemed to work (e.g. Ole Hendriksen, etc.) so I turned back to this and I am loving it. It lathers up well and removes all oil and impurities without being drying. Mind you, I have oily skin and don't mind that this takes all oils off my skin because after a few hours, my skin has produced it's own natural oils again. I wouldn't recommend this for those with dry skin though. But for those with oily skin - this makes me feel clean and seems to be working with my acne. Also, love the packaging. The pump gives you full control on how much product you want to dispense. Another plus - it's only $20 CAD!

Update - Okay, after a while, this product stopped working for me. It doesn't seem to clean well enough... When done, I'm going to look for something stronger.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Evilyn1983

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS PRODUCT. I have been using it for over a year on a daily basis morning and night. I have only gone through 1 3/4 bottles. I find it does the job well with a little product, does not dry me out, and most importantly, helps keep my skin clean and clear! Albeit, I have a skin routine that involves Retin-A and Benzyl Peroxide, but this is seriously an essential part of my routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by CurlySimone

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using Clinique's 3-step system (liquid facial soap- mild), astringent, and moisturizing gel for 3 months now and my skin looks flawless. I have been searching high and low for a cleanser that not only gently, yet thoroughly cleanses my face and wash away makeup, but one that was also gentle enough to use on my eyes. This liquid soap smoothed away the fine lines I had under my eyes and I when I wake up in the morning my eyes look so revived and alive. This liquid soap effectively washes away all traces of makeup and leaves my face and neck soft. I use this cleanser along with the astringent and moisturizing gel in the morning and at night. I have oily skin and when I apply my makeup my face remains shine-free throughout the day. I highly recommend this 3-step system to family and friends.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by jellybabe23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin is oily, sensitive and acne-prone. During my teen years, I had large, cystic acne and used products that were targeted for acne-proned skin. Little did I know that these harsh acne washes and treatments caused my skin to weaken, become sallow, and worsen the overall condition of my skin. Once I started switching to the gentle route, that is when my skin changed completely. I use the dry-combination version of this product, and it never dried my skin out. It foams very nicely, and it pretty affordable for a mild, basic cleanser. The difference between this version and the oily-combination version would have to be the menthol. I loathe when companies think the best thing for oily-skin people is to put menthol on their face for that "tingly" feeling as if they are clean. Menthol is such a harsh irritant, that the oily-combination version should not even be labeled as "mild". Therefore, I use the dry-combination version every single morning. I also recommend Clean and Clear sensitive skin foaming facial and CeraVe foaming facial wash. Back to basics everyone!

EDIT: People of MUA, this stuff stings your eyes. I had to wash my eyes out for several minutes because it stings soo badly!!! Definitely not a "mild" soap like the name suggests.. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by manini3

This might be my favorite skin care product of all time. This cleanser has kept my skin zit-free for 5 years. It is gentle, and has never dried my skin out, even as my skin ages. It says on the package that it doesn't remove makeup, but after I wash with this, there is never a trace of makeup on me.

About a year ago I started using this in conjunction with the Clarisonic Mia. That is the true power couple - it has worked wonders on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Mia_8030

Clinique has included the Mild Facial Soap in their GWPs, which is how I came to try this cleanser out. After using the trial size which is quite generous, I purchased the full size product.

Mild Facial Soap lathers well but it is very gentle and does not strip the skin. It is not enough to remove heavy duty makeup, but light makeup is no problem for full removal with this cleanser. There is a slight scent which is clean and not bothersome. Overall, a good cleansing product at a decent price - I think this goes for $21 dollars Canadian or so.

Would I purchase again? Yes, but I do like to try new products, so perhaps I will not repurchase for a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2012 11:53:00 PM More reviews by stace06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Have used this product for the past 5 years and it is great for my sensitive post-pill acne prone skin.

PROS: The texture is great and it's fragrance free. Does not break me out and it leaves my face feeling very cleansed and it is one cleanser that takes off nearly all the makeup. At $29 AUD per bottle, it is a lot cheaper than my previous cleanser, Shiseido's Purifying Cleansing Foam.

CON: The only con is that it can be a bit drying for a mild formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by pkha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really liked this cleanser. It was light and lathered fairly well. I thought that it really cleared up my acne. Scent: light, almost floral scent. The consistency was very watery and runny, and I didn't like that as much; I prefer thicker soaps. But a little goes a long way with this one. I would purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by BigEars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this product and have used it off and on for years. I started by using the bar soap but tried this and much preferred it. My only gripe is the price. It is just not worth the money when there are loads of simple, unfragranced products out there that do the same job. Cetaphil is just as good if not better as is Freederm. If you can afford this and love it, go ahead, but I have stopped buying it and now use aqueous cream (pennies in the chemist) instead.