September 2, 2014 | 1543 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Dune EDT

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2007 2:39:00 PM More reviews by shopcheap

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

not sure if this is a 3 or a 4. oh well. i test drove dune recently and have decided that i would like a mini of it - unsure if i want a full bottle, but i might. initially it smells just pleasant, not exciting, but the lasting power is phenomenal (like other CD scents i've tried.) during the looong drydown, dune becomes quite special. i got waves of soft woods and a leafy dryness that got better as time passed. after 8-10 hours i could still get whiffs here and there.edit: i bought this in a 1 oz. size - bigger than a mini but not a huge commitment. i am upgrading this to a 4, 41/2. i like this more the more i wear it; an oriental fragrance for warmer months.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2007 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Rocki

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Smelled unpleasant to me. Nothing more, nothing less.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2007 1:57:00 AM More reviews by Roxyroxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Dune is unusual and beautiful, and after liking (sometimes loving) it for over ten years it is still not easily categorisable to me. It is warm, woody, ambery, yet fresh and very sharp when first sprayed on. Very beachy! I get the feeling that I would love this as a parfum, but I have never seen a parfum version, or been able to find one online. It is the most summery fragrance I can wear comfortably, being more suited to spicy, oriental scents.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2007 8:07:00 PM More reviews by CecileCecile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my most recent purchase, my current fling. Dune is dry and very well balanced, classy and sophisticated, almost a woodier and more potent version of Champs-Elysees. Or maybe it is because I get the same type of vibe with them both. On me it is like crisp dry leaves and sandalwood, but fresh. I know my description does not do it full justice, to me it is truly a classic beauty. I like it best in cooler weather, but there are times when I crave it in the warmer months. Since I wear this scent rather well I can usually get away with a spritz or two even in July. I will definitely keep at least a small bottle around. The EDT is plenty strong enough. Worth a try if you like them dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2007 11:28:00 PM More reviews by sakura2

it's not a scent i feel like wearing all the time but it's great when i'm in the mood for something rich and sweet yet not foody. it doesn't remind me of the beach or anything, it is just a warm, sweet, heady scent on me. love.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2006 8:09:00 PM More reviews by lashby78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Dune is one of those fragrances that sits on my vanity for a while until I pick it up and realize how much I love it and wonder why I don't wear it everyday. It is certainly strong and the first spray can seem overpowering, so apply lightly. In just a few minutes, it morphs into a sensual amber on my skin - warm and cuddly but still sexy enough to turn heads. It doesn't remind me of dunes or the beach outright, but I can see the connection - imagine a deep red, orange and purple sunset over the crystal blue water, snuggled up in a light blanket with the one you love on a chilly end-of-summer evening. Capture it in a bottle and you've got Dune.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2006 7:43:00 AM More reviews by alice_alix

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is terribly cloying and 'musty'. Makes me sick.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2006 10:02:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

Dune is an amber/oriental that I found too strong to keep on my skin for very long - I was scrubbing away after a few minutes, although, thanks to that darned (or wonderful) Dior staying power, it wasn't an easy task. It smells very synthetic on me, and the initial alcoholic blast makes me cough just remembering it. Alas, Dune and I will not be meeting again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2006 9:01:00 PM More reviews by blowfish

To me this smells like warm dry shrubs like maybe shrubs baking in the sun on a sand dune? Dont ask me what kind of shrubs but I like them whatever they are. I used to wear this a lot in the 90s, ran through a few bottles, then bought it again last summer and hated it, was so disappointed. Then I tried it again in October and loved it again, so this is definitely a cooler weather scent for me. Warm shrubs just wont do in summer. When I say shrubs I mean like wood but not as woody as wood like wood that has just started to dry out and still has some green?

An interesting scent that evolves a lot over time, great lasting power, warm yet fresh with an amber base. Very distinctive.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2006 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Yogal28

I had this as a GWP and i just felt that it was all too strong as a fragrance and i didn't like it. I felt it was a very harsh fragrance that i wouldn't like to wear during the day. It's just too much. I think it would be lovely for night out. I just try applying abit before i sleep (now having the habit to put on some perfume before i sleep) as time goes by, i feel it lighten into something nicer. It's hard to describe but i actually kinda like it. But still, i don't think this is something i would use in the long run. I don't see myself purchasing this. Update: Ok i would like to say that i actually fancy this perfume after putting it on everyday on a trip out..... it actually is quite sweet smell and i like the way it last but it can be a overwhelming scent so not everyone like it. For me, at first. Now, it's better and i look forward getting the big bottle too, oh mine what a big change a trip can do to my hole in the pocket. I give the rating to 4 but i can't give 5. It still isn't that perfect.