Dior Dune EDT

3.6

on 5/27/2007 12:53:00 PM

I received this in a swap. Before I found Annick Goutal, this was one of my favourite perfumes because of how exotic, special and sexy it smelled on me. True, the first spritz of this perfume was not exactly alluring because it is such a strong scent - even bordering on giving me a slight headache - but I was willing to tolerate that for the lovely smell it gave me after a few hours when the perfume still lingered. This has warm tones in it, and is slightly musky and strong at the same time. It reminds me somewhat of an exotic incense, and could possibly pass off as men's cologne too. Definitely not a perfume for those who prefer light scents, but if you are in love with stronger scents you should try this. Personally for me, I've found perfumes that I love better.

on 4/23/2007 8:52:00 PM

Ugh. This is THE worst perfume I've ever bought! Thankfully, it was only a small .19 ml bottle, but a waste of money nonetheless. I put some on my wrist one day, and proceeded through my day. Then, I kept on catching whiffs of what smelled like rotted leaves and mothballs. At first, I thought it was my shirt, that I hadn't washed it properly or something. Then, I sniffed my wrist, and realized that it was Dune. Well, I ran to the bathroom, and washed it off. Christian Dior, I thought I'd love Dune, but apparently not. Personally, I think that it smells rather like Chanel's Chance, which I didn't like, either.

on 4/19/2007 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Wow this was my first "expensive" perfume , which i purchased about 10 years ago. I paid about $340 TT dollors equals to about 60 US dollars.Anyways i was not impressed with my purchase....Dune smelled musky and heavy on me. Serious old lady vibes.

on 4/4/2007 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

not sure if this is a 3 or a 4. oh well. i test drove dune recently and have decided that i would like a mini of it - unsure if i want a full bottle, but i might. initially it smells just pleasant, not exciting, but the lasting power is phenomenal (like other CD scents i've tried.) during the looong drydown, dune becomes quite special. i got waves of soft woods and a leafy dryness that got better as time passed. after 8-10 hours i could still get whiffs here and there.edit: i bought this in a 1 oz. size - bigger than a mini but not a huge commitment. i am upgrading this to a 4, 41/2. i like this more the more i wear it; an oriental fragrance for warmer months.

on 3/14/2007 5:55:00 PM

Smelled unpleasant to me. Nothing more, nothing less.

on 2/2/2007 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Dune is unusual and beautiful, and after liking (sometimes loving) it for over ten years it is still not easily categorisable to me. It is warm, woody, ambery, yet fresh and very sharp when first sprayed on. Very beachy! I get the feeling that I would love this as a parfum, but I have never seen a parfum version, or been able to find one online. It is the most summery fragrance I can wear comfortably, being more suited to spicy, oriental scents.

on 1/29/2007 8:07:00 PM

This is my most recent purchase, my current fling. Dune is dry and very well balanced, classy and sophisticated, almost a woodier and more potent version of Champs-Elysees. Or maybe it is because I get the same type of vibe with them both. On me it is like crisp dry leaves and sandalwood, but fresh. I know my description does not do it full justice, to me it is truly a classic beauty. I like it best in cooler weather, but there are times when I crave it in the warmer months. Since I wear this scent rather well I can usually get away with a spritz or two even in July. I will definitely keep at least a small bottle around. The EDT is plenty strong enough. Worth a try if you like them dry.

on 1/15/2007 11:28:00 PM

it's not a scent i feel like wearing all the time but it's great when i'm in the mood for something rich and sweet yet not foody. it doesn't remind me of the beach or anything, it is just a warm, sweet, heady scent on me. love.

on 12/28/2006 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Dune is one of those fragrances that sits on my vanity for a while until I pick it up and realize how much I love it and wonder why I don't wear it everyday. It is certainly strong and the first spray can seem overpowering, so apply lightly. In just a few minutes, it morphs into a sensual amber on my skin - warm and cuddly but still sexy enough to turn heads. It doesn't remind me of dunes or the beach outright, but I can see the connection - imagine a deep red, orange and purple sunset over the crystal blue water, snuggled up in a light blanket with the one you love on a chilly end-of-summer evening. Capture it in a bottle and you've got Dune.

on 10/16/2006 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is terribly cloying and 'musty'. Makes me sick.

Popular Fragrances