December 19, 2014 | 1737 users online

Moisturizers - Aveeno - Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2012 5:24:00 PM More reviews by arisibelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I used this product several months ago and I am only now getting around to reviewing it. I bought this to combat my very red and dry skin. This product only succeeded in making me break out. It did not help calm my redness. In fact, it made the redness worse. I remember that it notoriously caused painful new white heads where ever I applied it. I actually feared using it at one point, but always went back to it because it was Aveeno and Aveeno always works. Ladies, just accept it: this product is horrible.

Price: $20 at my local Wal-Mart.
Packaging: Messy. Pump is cheap and swiftly becomes smeared with product.
Exorbitancy: Very good. Smooth over skin and it immediately sinks in.
Calming: Non-existent. Actually irritated my skin more.
Blemishes: Causes additional blemishes but does reduce the appearance of existing blemishes.
Smell: Really good. Main reason I wanted to continue using this product.
Effectiveness: Very slow if at all.
Repurchase: No.
Recommend: I recommend that everyone stay away from this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2012 12:32:00 AM More reviews by lyshernan28

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I know I can't really review on the product since I've only used it for the past two days but I do want to say that it moisturizes my skin beautifully, it's kind of a thick texture but does not feel heavy. It almost feels as if I didn't put anything on my face and it even looks like it. Does not make my face shiny one bit which I like. The perfume smell I actually love, but if you don't like any type of strong smell in your moisturizer this is not for you. Took one lippie off for the reason being that it's $15. But as long as it works fine for me and gives my skin what I need then I'm all up for it. I'll do an update after a month of using.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by vedo4you

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i really wanted to love this product but i absolutely HATED it!!! i decided to use this product everyday for 2 weeks straight before i passed judgement. not only was my face really oily with this product, but it gave me more breakouts that i have had in a while. i naturally have oily, acne prone skin to begin with so this product was NOT a good fit for me. The one good thing about it was that it did calm the redness down a little bit but that isn't worth all the new breakouts that accompany it. the fragrance is also overpowering at first but you get use to it after a while. I wouldn't buy this product again because it didnt work for me and it was a waste of money as it was also expensive. from now on, im sticking to my neutrogena healthy defense moisturizer with spf 50 (it gives much better protection and isn't as oily and i most certainly didnt breakout with it!)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2012 1:45:00 PM More reviews by lisakoto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This moisturizer is pretty good, I just prefer the night cream version because the moisturizer is in a tub instead of a pump bottle. I like how easily it soaks in, but then it feels like sunscreen instead of a moisturizer with SPF. Throughout the day, it also gets greasy later on in the day. Like not right after you wash your face and put it on, but like a few hours later it does.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Nionbrack

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this everyday for quite a few months now. I love how it doesn't hurt sensitive skin and really calms it when irritated. I also love how it has SPF and doesn't break me out. Although at first it feels slightly heavy and looks very greasy, it absorbs into the skin within a few minutes. The pump is good for hygiene. There are better moisturizers but this is a good deal.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by patty48

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Okay, not the greatest moisturizer in the world, but I'm so glad I found a product with SPF that doesn't break me out. I think in the summer it will be great for my oily combination skin. I will keep using...and repurchase

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by PaigeJayMakeup

I have very oily/dry (combination) skin. I have been looking for a moisturizer for years that would moisturize my dry skin. I have not seem to have found one yet that is oil free and I like but, I'm still on the look out! Anyways, I decided to give this product a go because I use Aveeno's face wash and shampoo and conditioner and really seem to like everything they do for me! I just have to say though, that this product was not the best. It comes out as a very thick moisturizer and I find that it is hard to rub in to the skin without leaving some on the surface. It made my face look quite shiny/oily. It did take away the appearance of dryness for maybe an hour or so but, then had to reapply throughout the day which really is such a pain in the bum. The smell was a bit over the top but, nothing to hard to handle. The bottle says it is supposed to reduce redness which i disagree completely. I hate to say it but, it made my face looking redder than it even was before! I think this product may work well for some skin types but, it sure did not work for mine!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by vane61126

This is the best drugstore moisturizers that I have used. I bought it just to calm the redness on my cheeks and it has worked, but you have to use it regularly to really see an improvement. It has a light scent, not oily or sticky, and leaves my skin amazingly soft. My only con would have to be the bottle design, it is hard to get the very last bit out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this moisturizer!! I chose the one w/SPF15 as it had twice the amount for the same price as the SPF30. If I was intending on being outside for many hours or had a very long distance drive during daylight hours I would have chosen the SPF 30, but I planned on using this for more intermmitent exposure. I use very agressive skin care: Retinol, Retin-A Gel and Tazorac Gel which can start to irritate my skin when I overdo it. That's why I LOVE this product as it's extremely calming to the skin even taking down redness or eliminating it altogether. There is a natural plant based extract called "Feverfew" which are one of the key anti-irritation ingredients. Aveeno along with Neutrogena and Roc are owned by Johnson and Johnson. They've a pretty large wallet when it comes to research and development which is prevalent when one understands cosmetic ingredients and their reason for use. This calming, protective moisturizer has the perfect texture. It's not too thin (watery) nor too thick. It's not too emmolient nor too dry, but walks the road between the two. The texture has a silkiness to it which absorbs quickly. The key for me is it is the last layer of skin care and never becomes too heavy to put over an active serum/lotion/gel for daytime use. Makeup (foundation) goes over it beautifully, never feeling or being for that matter too heavy nor too thin as a base for the foundation. I can even use a primer between it and the foundation with excellent results. Highly Recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by SillyStringz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really loved this product for summer time. I found it to be pretty light, so it was perfect for wearing underneath makeup, and had some SPF which was great. However, this product was pretty expensive. I would buy it again if I had money to throw away!

Also, I have really sensitive skin and this didn't show any irritation whatsoever.