July 30, 2014 | 992 users online

Moisturizers - Aveeno - Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2012 1:45:00 PM More reviews by lisakoto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This moisturizer is pretty good, I just prefer the night cream version because the moisturizer is in a tub instead of a pump bottle. I like how easily it soaks in, but then it feels like sunscreen instead of a moisturizer with SPF. Throughout the day, it also gets greasy later on in the day. Like not right after you wash your face and put it on, but like a few hours later it does.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Nionbrack

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this everyday for quite a few months now. I love how it doesn't hurt sensitive skin and really calms it when irritated. I also love how it has SPF and doesn't break me out. Although at first it feels slightly heavy and looks very greasy, it absorbs into the skin within a few minutes. The pump is good for hygiene. There are better moisturizers but this is a good deal.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by patty48

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Okay, not the greatest moisturizer in the world, but I'm so glad I found a product with SPF that doesn't break me out. I think in the summer it will be great for my oily combination skin. I will keep using...and repurchase

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by PaigeJayMakeup

I have very oily/dry (combination) skin. I have been looking for a moisturizer for years that would moisturize my dry skin. I have not seem to have found one yet that is oil free and I like but, I'm still on the look out! Anyways, I decided to give this product a go because I use Aveeno's face wash and shampoo and conditioner and really seem to like everything they do for me! I just have to say though, that this product was not the best. It comes out as a very thick moisturizer and I find that it is hard to rub in to the skin without leaving some on the surface. It made my face look quite shiny/oily. It did take away the appearance of dryness for maybe an hour or so but, then had to reapply throughout the day which really is such a pain in the bum. The smell was a bit over the top but, nothing to hard to handle. The bottle says it is supposed to reduce redness which i disagree completely. I hate to say it but, it made my face looking redder than it even was before! I think this product may work well for some skin types but, it sure did not work for mine!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by vane61126

This is the best drugstore moisturizers that I have used. I bought it just to calm the redness on my cheeks and it has worked, but you have to use it regularly to really see an improvement. It has a light scent, not oily or sticky, and leaves my skin amazingly soft. My only con would have to be the bottle design, it is hard to get the very last bit out!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this moisturizer!! I chose the one w/SPF15 as it had twice the amount for the same price as the SPF30. If I was intending on being outside for many hours or had a very long distance drive during daylight hours I would have chosen the SPF 30, but I planned on using this for more intermmitent exposure. I use very agressive skin care: Retinol, Retin-A Gel and Tazorac Gel which can start to irritate my skin when I overdo it. That's why I LOVE this product as it's extremely calming to the skin even taking down redness or eliminating it altogether. There is a natural plant based extract called "Feverfew" which are one of the key anti-irritation ingredients. Aveeno along with Neutrogena and Roc are owned by Johnson and Johnson. They've a pretty large wallet when it comes to research and development which is prevalent when one understands cosmetic ingredients and their reason for use. This calming, protective moisturizer has the perfect texture. It's not too thin (watery) nor too thick. It's not too emmolient nor too dry, but walks the road between the two. The texture has a silkiness to it which absorbs quickly. The key for me is it is the last layer of skin care and never becomes too heavy to put over an active serum/lotion/gel for daytime use. Makeup (foundation) goes over it beautifully, never feeling or being for that matter too heavy nor too thin as a base for the foundation. I can even use a primer between it and the foundation with excellent results. Highly Recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by SillyStringz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really loved this product for summer time. I found it to be pretty light, so it was perfect for wearing underneath makeup, and had some SPF which was great. However, this product was pretty expensive. I would buy it again if I had money to throw away!

Also, I have really sensitive skin and this didn't show any irritation whatsoever.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2012 10:06:00 AM More reviews by lorena88

I had high hopes for this, i was hoping to calm my sensitive over irriated skin. It just made me break out. Won't buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by nikkifrvr4u

This used to be one of my favorite moisturizers. I used it from age 17-20 but then it started to burn, or sting, my skin. Back then I would have give it a 4 rating, despite a little oiliness. BUT i'm 22 now and cannot have that moisturizer on my face. The smell, the sting, and increased redness made me switch over to Olay products. My skin is very dry, fair, and i have redness, mostly around my nose, lightly on cheeks, and lightly on chin. It works for others (my friends and roommate) and my past self but no longer for present me. Hope this helps!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2012 8:29:00 PM More reviews by efts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is supposed to be for sensitive skin and calming. What I don't understand is why the fragrance is so strong. Sensitive skin often does not react well to strong fragrance. The fragrance was so strong that even my eyes were irritated and I did not even put this moisturizer on anywhere near my eyes.