December 22, 2014 | 917 users online

Moisturizers - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Houn01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I've been using olive oil for about a year now and at first it seemed it was working for me, I was using it as a moisturizer and makeup remover. As a makeup remover it still works great. But for a moisturizer, not so much. I noticed that it sort of just stays on top of the skin and is similar to mineral oil in how it stays on top of the skin and prevents moisture from leaving the skin. I would wash my face and then put some on and my face would still feel tight, as if it weren't getting absorbed into the skin and actually moisturizing. I think it would be good to mix it with a regular moisturizer as they mostly contain water, once the water evaporates you're skin feels dry again so I'm thinking the olive oil with prevent that water from leaving the skin. I don't really like moisturizers since they can get pricey and I prefer to splurge on makeup. I do mix olive oil with my body lotion right before I put it on and it seems to keep my skin moisturized for a lot longer. For my face, I've been using coconut oil and it seems to actually absorb into my skin

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by 1Paulabear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Grey

Honestly this stuff works like a freaking charm! I love it, I use it daily but sadly it still doesn't beat my face mask by Face Gem (witch also has organic extra virgin olive oil as an ingredient). It sucks I moved out of the Toronto area so I can't pick it up or have it delivered since they only do it in the G.T.A (Greater Toronto Area) if you guys are in that area then honestly go to the website and buy and you will see way better results I think it's face gem official it's Organic and Vegan for those of you who hates chemicals on your skin like me! but for now I put the extra virgin olive oil on my face and it is really good, you have to try it to believe it! I plan on driving to Toronto next week to pick this stuff up I had to bragg about it guys because it's way better then this alone! I love EVOO

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Sam3215

This is my holy grail (along with coconut oil) i use it as
-face and body moisturizer
-makeup remover
-hair serum
-mouthwash (look up oil pulling method)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2013 3:31:00 AM More reviews by AshleyLovesMakeupx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I had high expectations for this as it has seemingly worked miracles for many in the beauty community, and I was especially impressed that so simple a product managed to garner hundreds of glowing reviews on here. However, my experience with it fell short of stellar. I bought it mainly to remove makeup and to moisturize my skin. It does the former thanks to its intrinsic nature but not as well as I would have liked. I had to go over my face numerous times with this before I would begin to not see any excess makeup transfer onto my cotton round, and I only wear blush or bronzer or sometimes both. This would leave my face greasy as hell, as you can probably imagine, and even with excessive rinsing, it would still feel heavy and unclean the next day. I've tried using just a token amount of oil to moisturize my face and body, but instead of absorbing into my skin, the oil just sits there, leaving an uncomfortable film that makes me want to hop into the shower. Worse, it started to break my face into a series of bumps that still have not healed yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by classyitalian

I've been using this for almost a week now.. So far its made my skin glow, turned it baby soft, reduced breakouts, made blackheads disappear, and even toned my skin! I honestly wish I tried this sooner.. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by FelisCatus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love it as a peeling. Mix olive oil,sea salt and coffee grounds.The peeling effect will be greater depending on salt added,so be carefull while adding salt.I apply it in shower and wait as much as I can and wash it.Skin is soft because it is "peeled" and nourished with olive oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by RomanXI

I had a horrifying chemical burn a few weeks ago, and olive oil was the only thing I could put on my skin that wouldnt burn my skin, it was also the only thing that added moisture to my skin, better than vaseline and aqueous b.p cream and E45!
I also use it on my hair and it does make a huge difference. You can put it on your eyelashes, skin and hair, hands, nails, legs after shaving - it is a brilliant moisturizer!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by belladodie

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't use this on my face or body, as it's a rather heavy oil, but I do use it to make a balm that has done miracles. I fill a mason jar half full of calendula flowers (or a mixture of calendula and lavendar) then fill the jar with EVO. Let it sit in the sun for 6 weeks, shaking daily for the first couple of weeks, then whenever I think of it. Strain with cheesecloth. Then in a makeshift double boiler (glass measuring cup over pan with water in the bottom) I heat 1 cup of the infused oil with .9 ounce (one ounce is the typical formula) bee's wax. If you buy the pellets, this is very easy, as grating the beeswax is a pain. I use whatever olive oil I have on hand and buy rest of supplies online at Mountain Rose. When the wax is melted I pour into 3 small canning jars and let solidify. I use this for a lip balm, on the outside of my ears, as a moisturizer for my genital area, on my feet and on my hands. It works like a charm. Doesn't irritate delicate areas, and my hands and feet are smoother than they've ever been. Love it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Halfsquatchh

I have extremely oily, sensitive, acne prone skin and I used evoo for the first time last night after washing with raw honey and I am already convinced. I just poured a tiny amount into the cap and applied generously to my face and massaged it into my skin for a few minutes. I didnt use anything to remove it, i just allowed it time to sink into my skin and went to sleep. It leaves your skin looking and feeling pampered. All of my ice pick scars and premature aging we're less noticeable (if thats possible!) and my skin just really looked great which is something I usually can't say. It felt smooth and healthy. It didnt heal my acne over night but I really think it will help my skin overall. When I woke up, my usually greasy oily skin still looked great and not a spot of shine to be found. I will come back for an update after I've used it some more! I think it's a great moisturizer for our face regardless of skin type.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2013 3:30:00 AM More reviews by MrsRoss23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ugh! I freaking love this stuff, lol. I use it as a moisturizer, as a hair treatment, as a leave-in conditioner& as a topping on pasta and salad, haha! Try it!