November 28, 2014 | 1281 users online

Powder - Cover FX - Cover Fx - Powder Fx

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2010 9:23:00 PM More reviews by karenecashin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best powder I've found in a long time! I use it over a tinted moisturizer (LM) and apply with a brush. It has staying power, tackles elements (I was at an outdoor hockey game for 8 hours and didn't need to reapply) and makes my pores look smaller. I had pictures taken and it looks natural. I'm very fair in the winter so yeah, I look it but isn't due to a chalky makeup. It feels great too. I was matched to the E40 and use over Nude in LM tinted. It looks natural and I can build if I don't use the tinted moisturizer.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2010 10:52:00 AM More reviews by chenks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this powder hoping that it will cover up acne scars without feeling too heavy. Unfortunately, that's not the case. It has a creamy feeling to it that I don't really enjoy and it kind of cakes on no matter how much I buff. It also tends to rub off on things really easily (again, even after buffing & adding setting powder). It didn't help with my acne, either. I won't be purchasing again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2010 4:38:00 PM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

When I first was using this I had horrible skin, and it worked really good. Now tht my skin is a lot more clear and even it would work even better. I'm an nc 30 and I used this in E40 excellent match, photographed good, and lasted all day. This is great for in a hurry situations when you still want to look polished. I like tht the coverage is builadable, and looks smooth and flawless. The only thing was it sort of made me itch when I broke a sweat :( this happens to me often with mineral makeup. However the colder seasons are coming up so I mite pick this up again. The compact goes kinda fast, but its totally worth it with the results you get. No breakouts either! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2010 4:04:00 PM More reviews by wabdon

I needed to cover up my post-acne marks which were red and dark brown ones along my jaw line. I decided to try the powder version becasue although the full cover foundation coverage was excellent, I found it too heavy. I'm normally nc30-35 but I tanned so M60 was a good match (not too orange or pale). The powder feels light on my skin and isn't chalky, it melts like butter into my skin making my skin look natural. With 2 swipes, my acne marks faded but still visible. I had to use my concealer first then one swipe of cover fx and then my marks were made invisible. I love the fact that it really lasts long. I worked 12 hr shifts and in the morning, my face still looked flawless. so much so that a coworker on days thought I was just starting work and she even commenteed on how "fresh" I looled. So this is a keeper. It didn't make me break out and it didn't oxidize on my skin. retails about $35 CDN at Sephora or Pharmaprix.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2010 11:58:00 AM More reviews by briniboo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my all time favorite foundation product. I had been using a very high end/high priced organic mineral powder for years, until I found this product. I am very prone to breakouts, some cystic at times and this covers beautifully. After using this for awhile I even think that it improves my breakouts. I used to use lots of concealer and now only need minimal amounts. It makes my skin look smooth and silky and lasts all day...with no oiliness breaking through at all. The one thing I think they could improve on is the packaging...since this is a higher end product I feel that the packaging should be better quality. Also, I find that applying the powder with a good quality brush works better and makes the product last longer, than using the sponge that is included.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2010 10:51:00 AM More reviews by oohollyoo

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was on the search to replace my laura merciers pf bc it caused little bumps and contained parabens. I hopped off the mineral makeup bandwagon a long time ago but considering this is pressed and was suppose to control oil with good coverage i gave it a try. I want a natural matte look but forgot that mica acts as a light diffuser and makes me shiney. I can move my face and you can see lighting bounce off from it in different angles but not like tin man face that i get from bare minerals. no spf and the coverage was light-med and accentuated my pores. I took this back to sephora and now I am using too faced amazing face powder foundation spf 20 and contains no parabens and controls oil well. see review if interested.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 1:31:00 PM More reviews by dipndotts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the first powder I've ever bought and hit pan on, so yes, I love it. I've been just a concealer girl in the past, then it was the loose mineral makeup. But that stuff is annoying--so messy, and not very good coverage. So I was looking for something that would provide better coverage and could be a one-step process...oh and also, wouldn't bother my sensitive skin. I was directed to this, and man is it great. Doesn't bother my sensitive skin and the coverage is AMAZING. You don't even have to use a concealer with this, you can just apply more powder to areas that need it. Builds nicely, and IT DOESN'T OXIDIZE ON ME (i.e. turn orange!). That is probably why I never used powders in the past, they turned me into a pumpkin by 5. Not this though! Wonderful product. Looks very natural too. Looooove.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2010 12:43:00 PM More reviews by irmaris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this products for 8 months and it's great, it has an excellent coverage very buildable if you put o a moisturizer first. I just love it but it is too expensive and also it doesn't control my oil all day and neither the matte powder of cover fx that I really don't like. For acne prone skin is very good it don't causes breakouts. I'm a mark representative and now I use the powder buff foundation and i love it, is only 10 dollars and keep my face matte, last all day and doesn't cause breakouts!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2010 12:23:00 PM More reviews by LUXURYD0LL

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder provides me with the most coverage without feeling heavy. It goes on light on my face and I don't feel too oily or chalky. I use M40 and I'm an asian girl. My skin is fairly combination.. my forehead is oily and most of the time my cheeks and nose are dry. I also like the mineral content in this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2010 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Kiraboo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my new go to powder foundation. I have been using it for about 6 months now and love it. I'm a fair 1/2 asian 1/2 caucasion and the M40 shade is a perfect match. The coverage is light, but can be heavier with layering. I use a concealer underneath to cover any red marks, then sweep the powder all over, layering until i achieve the coverage I want. If I still have any red marks, i find that using a fine concealer brush(I use the Quo brush from Shoppers) dipped into the powder and tapped over the mark hides it completely as it's obviously the perfect colour match. The finish is quite matte, even a bit dull, but as an oily skin girl, I don't mind. I finish with a spritz of my regular face toner to set the foundation completely. I would recommend this foundation for those with oily/acne skin.