July 31, 2014 | 2050 users online

Powder - Cover FX - Cover Fx - Powder Fx

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2010 11:58:00 AM More reviews by briniboo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my all time favorite foundation product. I had been using a very high end/high priced organic mineral powder for years, until I found this product. I am very prone to breakouts, some cystic at times and this covers beautifully. After using this for awhile I even think that it improves my breakouts. I used to use lots of concealer and now only need minimal amounts. It makes my skin look smooth and silky and lasts all day...with no oiliness breaking through at all. The one thing I think they could improve on is the packaging...since this is a higher end product I feel that the packaging should be better quality. Also, I find that applying the powder with a good quality brush works better and makes the product last longer, than using the sponge that is included.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2010 10:51:00 AM More reviews by oohollyoo

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was on the search to replace my laura merciers pf bc it caused little bumps and contained parabens. I hopped off the mineral makeup bandwagon a long time ago but considering this is pressed and was suppose to control oil with good coverage i gave it a try. I want a natural matte look but forgot that mica acts as a light diffuser and makes me shiney. I can move my face and you can see lighting bounce off from it in different angles but not like tin man face that i get from bare minerals. no spf and the coverage was light-med and accentuated my pores. I took this back to sephora and now I am using too faced amazing face powder foundation spf 20 and contains no parabens and controls oil well. see review if interested.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 1:31:00 PM More reviews by dipndotts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the first powder I've ever bought and hit pan on, so yes, I love it. I've been just a concealer girl in the past, then it was the loose mineral makeup. But that stuff is annoying--so messy, and not very good coverage. So I was looking for something that would provide better coverage and could be a one-step process...oh and also, wouldn't bother my sensitive skin. I was directed to this, and man is it great. Doesn't bother my sensitive skin and the coverage is AMAZING. You don't even have to use a concealer with this, you can just apply more powder to areas that need it. Builds nicely, and IT DOESN'T OXIDIZE ON ME (i.e. turn orange!). That is probably why I never used powders in the past, they turned me into a pumpkin by 5. Not this though! Wonderful product. Looks very natural too. Looooove.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2010 12:43:00 PM More reviews by irmaris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this products for 8 months and it's great, it has an excellent coverage very buildable if you put o a moisturizer first. I just love it but it is too expensive and also it doesn't control my oil all day and neither the matte powder of cover fx that I really don't like. For acne prone skin is very good it don't causes breakouts. I'm a mark representative and now I use the powder buff foundation and i love it, is only 10 dollars and keep my face matte, last all day and doesn't cause breakouts!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2010 12:23:00 PM More reviews by LUXURYD0LL

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder provides me with the most coverage without feeling heavy. It goes on light on my face and I don't feel too oily or chalky. I use M40 and I'm an asian girl. My skin is fairly combination.. my forehead is oily and most of the time my cheeks and nose are dry. I also like the mineral content in this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2010 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Kiraboo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my new go to powder foundation. I have been using it for about 6 months now and love it. I'm a fair 1/2 asian 1/2 caucasion and the M40 shade is a perfect match. The coverage is light, but can be heavier with layering. I use a concealer underneath to cover any red marks, then sweep the powder all over, layering until i achieve the coverage I want. If I still have any red marks, i find that using a fine concealer brush(I use the Quo brush from Shoppers) dipped into the powder and tapped over the mark hides it completely as it's obviously the perfect colour match. The finish is quite matte, even a bit dull, but as an oily skin girl, I don't mind. I finish with a spritz of my regular face toner to set the foundation completely. I would recommend this foundation for those with oily/acne skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by deepa1026

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

First off, I'm very impressed with the extensive range of shades this line carries. It really caters to women of all ethnicities and colors. As an East Indian woman with NC 30-35ish skin, I found M50 to be a good match in the summer, when I'm getting lots of sun. This powder foundation provides good coverage for my rosacea-prone skin. My only problem with this foundation is that it can be quite drying, and I wish the finish didn't look quite so flat and matte in person. However, it photographs beautifully, giving your skin a soft-focus, silky finish in pictures. I'll definitely be buying this one again. EDIT: I originally rated this as 4 lippies, but I'm taking off two lippies because within a few weeks this oxidized in the pan and is now a more orange shade than the one I originally purchased. Very disappointing after paying so much. Also, as mentioned in my original review, the product is simply too drying for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2010 6:49:00 PM More reviews by meaganlol

I use this powder in conjunction with Cover FX, so I'll just retouch upon my routine, outlined in that review... "Using the Sephora Professionnel Platinum Air Brush #55, the MUA applied a light layer of the Cover FX, hardly any coverage, then did a light layer of the Powder FX on top with the same brush. After repeating the process of creme - powder - creme - powder, my skin looked the best it ever has. It's taken some patience for me to do it correctly myself because you really have to work in light layers only." I don't use this powder on it's own except for touch ups which it does very well! If I'm seeing a bit of shine breakthrough, I dab some Powder FX on my t-zone and it's gone for another four hours. What I like best about this powder is that the color is spot on and does not oxidize, even applied directly onto oil slicks. While the Cover FX has lasted me 3 months and beyond, the Powder FX was gone within two months. And with the price... it hurts a little to have to spend so much, so often, but it works so well for me that it's worth it. Even though my skin is cool, the neutral E 20 looked best on me. With the range of colors, I bet most everybody could find a good match. If price isn't (much of) an issue and the products are easy to find, I recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2010 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Cherry_blossom

I have tried a few mineral foundation before, like BE and EM. Out of the 3, I like this the most, because my face has the least shine after several hours. I love the compact packaging and this foundation comes in a wide range of shades. I am a fair-skinned Asian and M40 is a perfect match for me. This powder has great coverage, although you still need a separate concealer to fully hide red blemishes. I have been using this powder all throughout the winter, and I have had no problems. In fact, my skin stays clear and I rarely get a pimple. My only complaint was that I looked dull in pictures.

I, however, need to switch up my foundation for the summer, because this doesn't hold up at all in the heat. I get super shiny, the foundation melts off, and it also sinks into the pores on my nose making them look fairly enlarged :-S . I may repurchase again when winter come back around, but for the time being, I cannot use this and will try out the Laura Mercier mineral foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Hayree

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Their E0 matches my pale complexion, doesn't break me out, no animal testing, and build able coverage. I've been using this for over a year and won't switch to anything else.