Cover FX Cover Fx - Powder Fx

3.8

Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 3.0%, Titanium Dioxide 3.50% Inactive Ingredients: Talc, Mica, Lauroyl Lysine, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Camellis Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Mauritia Flexuosa (Buriti) Fruit Extract, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dehydroacetitic Acid, Dimethicone/Methicone, Copolymer, Polyethylene, Alumina. May Contaim: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499, CI 77492), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Okay, so let me start off by saying that I purchased this a little over a year ago and I just hit pan a few weeks back. This is such a pigmented powder that you really don't need a lot at all!!! I paid somewhere around $40 for this (I live in Canada), and bought this cause the woman helping me out said that it was supposed to be good for oily skin and it won't cause breakouts. And she was right! This is a pretty good powder for oily skin, though it won't solve any miracles for you people with REALLY oily skin. It looks very mattifying when you first apply, but if you wait a few minutes it begins to look more like skin and less like paper. If you have some oiliness (enough to be embarrassed by) this will do pretty well.
This has NEVER broken me out, even without cleaning my brush (I was a makeup newbie a year ago) it still didn't give me any new blemishes. And now picking it up again a few months later its STILL not breaking me out!!
I have just started using a new acne treatment about a month ago which dries out my skin, and I have found that it makes my skin look cakey when I apply this over my dry areas. I discovered though that if you get some on your brush and dab it onto your skin instead of sweeping that it's fine. My skin has gotten even drier recently, and it does cause a little cakeness, so again, people with really dry skin, stay clear of this powder.

I am in love with this powder foundation, it's my HG powder hands down! Definitely worth the price because it's so pigmented it lasts super long so that you don't use a lot at once. Great at setting liquid foundation or other makeup, like primer, and comes in so many different shades you are bound to find a great colour match. The packaging is chic and slender, can easily fit into a small makeup bag or purse, and has a mirror inside which is useful when applying. Because of the price I only have one, which I use in the winter, cause that's the colour your skin stays the longest before turning deeper, so I usually just find a cheap drugstore powder for the summer times when my skin tans. If you have normal, acne-prone, a little dryness, and/or oiliness, then go and BUY THIS POWDER!!!!!!! You will not be disappointed (:

Hope this works for all who try it!!!

This is the best powder I've found in a long time! I use it over a tinted moisturizer (LM) and apply with a brush. It has staying power, tackles elements (I was at an outdoor hockey game for 8 hours and didn't need to reapply) and makes my pores look smaller. I had pictures taken and it looks natural. I'm very fair in the winter so yeah, I look it but isn't due to a chalky makeup. It feels great too. I was matched to the E40 and use over Nude in LM tinted. It looks natural and I can build if I don't use the tinted moisturizer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I bought this powder hoping that it will cover up acne scars without feeling too heavy. Unfortunately, that's not the case. It has a creamy feeling to it that I don't really enjoy and it kind of cakes on no matter how much I buff. It also tends to rub off on things really easily (again, even after buffing & adding setting powder). It didn't help with my acne, either. I won't be purchasing again.

When I first was using this I had horrible skin, and it worked really good. Now tht my skin is a lot more clear and even it would work even better. I'm an nc 30 and I used this in E40 excellent match, photographed good, and lasted all day. This is great for in a hurry situations when you still want to look polished. I like tht the coverage is builadable, and looks smooth and flawless. The only thing was it sort of made me itch when I broke a sweat :( this happens to me often with mineral makeup. However the colder seasons are coming up so I mite pick this up again. The compact goes kinda fast, but its totally worth it with the results you get. No breakouts either! :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I needed to cover up my post-acne marks which were red and dark brown ones along my jaw line. I decided to try the powder version becasue although the full cover foundation coverage was excellent, I found it too heavy. I'm normally nc30-35 but I tanned so M60 was a good match (not too orange or pale). The powder feels light on my skin and isn't chalky, it melts like butter into my skin making my skin look natural. With 2 swipes, my acne marks faded but still visible. I had to use my concealer first then one swipe of cover fx and then my marks were made invisible. I love the fact that it really lasts long. I worked 12 hr shifts and in the morning, my face still looked flawless. so much so that a coworker on days thought I was just starting work and she even commenteed on how "fresh" I looled. So this is a keeper. It didn't make me break out and it didn't oxidize on my skin. retails about $35 CDN at Sephora or Pharmaprix.

This is my all time favorite foundation product. I had been using a very high end/high priced organic mineral powder for years, until I found this product. I am very prone to breakouts, some cystic at times and this covers beautifully. After using this for awhile I even think that it improves my breakouts. I used to use lots of concealer and now only need minimal amounts. It makes my skin look smooth and silky and lasts all day...with no oiliness breaking through at all. The one thing I think they could improve on is the packaging...since this is a higher end product I feel that the packaging should be better quality. Also, I find that applying the powder with a good quality brush works better and makes the product last longer, than using the sponge that is included.

I was on the search to replace my laura merciers pf bc it caused little bumps and contained parabens. I hopped off the mineral makeup bandwagon a long time ago but considering this is pressed and was suppose to control oil with good coverage i gave it a try. I want a natural matte look but forgot that mica acts as a light diffuser and makes me shiney. I can move my face and you can see lighting bounce off from it in different angles but not like tin man face that i get from bare minerals. no spf and the coverage was light-med and accentuated my pores. I took this back to sephora and now I am using too faced amazing face powder foundation spf 20 and contains no parabens and controls oil well. see review if interested.

This is the first powder I've ever bought and hit pan on, so yes, I love it. I've been just a concealer girl in the past, then it was the loose mineral makeup. But that stuff is annoying--so messy, and not very good coverage. So I was looking for something that would provide better coverage and could be a one-step process...oh and also, wouldn't bother my sensitive skin. I was directed to this, and man is it great. Doesn't bother my sensitive skin and the coverage is AMAZING. You don't even have to use a concealer with this, you can just apply more powder to areas that need it. Builds nicely, and IT DOESN'T OXIDIZE ON ME (i.e. turn orange!). That is probably why I never used powders in the past, they turned me into a pumpkin by 5. Not this though! Wonderful product. Looks very natural too. Looooove.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using this products for 8 months and it's great, it has an excellent coverage very buildable if you put o a moisturizer first. I just love it but it is too expensive and also it doesn't control my oil all day and neither the matte powder of cover fx that I really don't like. For acne prone skin is very good it don't causes breakouts. I'm a mark representative and now I use the powder buff foundation and i love it, is only 10 dollars and keep my face matte, last all day and doesn't cause breakouts!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This powder provides me with the most coverage without feeling heavy. It goes on light on my face and I don't feel too oily or chalky. I use M40 and I'm an asian girl. My skin is fairly combination.. my forehead is oily and most of the time my cheeks and nose are dry. I also like the mineral content in this.