Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

TOP: Mandarin, Pear, Rose, Star Anise
HEART: Ginger, Iris, Orange Blossom, Orchid, Plum, Ylang-Ylang
BASE: Amber, Musk, Sandalwood, Vanilla

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this perfume! Have gotten many compliments wearing it.

on 12/3/2008 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Classic Parisian seduction in a bottle. Another poster described it as "boozy musky" and I have to agree. Some men seem to adore this, so caveat emptor! Though a little "powdery", it manages to side-step "stuffy" with a powerful dose of ultra-feminine sex appeal that is anything but girlie. This is womanly spice meets everything nice, and it will always be one of my favorites.

on 11/28/2008 2:19:00 AM

It is surprising how a fragrance with such interesting ingredients would smell so unpleasant. First of all, I am far not a fan of floral fragrances so that is probably the reason I'm so put off by this. However, I do enjoy the smell of rose here, it ends at this place. This smell is a fusion of rose, orange blossom, ginger, vanilla, amber wood, bergamot, mandarin, aniseed, carnation, orchid, iris, ylang ylang and musk. All of this looked very appealing, however, in the end It smells like a cheap french perfume and doesn't seem any interesting to me. It is by far too powdery girly sweet and weirdly reminds me of a creme of some kind. It seems fresh, not over the top sweet, but somehow just not good enough. The packaging is interesting, but not too convenient, which is more important to me. Additionally, this does not have too good of a staying power, which is a shame. Not a very good choice, I'd say.

Proof that sex sells! Ha, this bottle is amazing!

Oddly enough, I was on a family trip to Barbados and while at the duty free my father passed me the bottle and said it smelt good. He was right I loved it, instantly! I used it so much that it would be on me while putting on make up so my brushes even smelt like Classique.

I've been wearing it since I was 16. I've slowed down lately on wearing it however because it is stronger and everyone knows me by this scent. To prove my point an ex boyfriend walked by a room that I normally wouldnt be in and went to the doorway & asked if i was there because he could smell me! Ha!

I love to wear this when I go out to clubs, it makes me feel like a sex bomb. I imagine that this would be something Sophia Loren would wear. I just love how seductive the scent is and how it doesnt fade at all.

I will always have a bottle on my shelf. Sadly this September I picked up the EDP version and found out that it was different scent.

Hopefully I can pawn it off to a little cousin and then go grab another bottle of the original.

personally I bought this because of the very cute packaging but the scent is not bad at all. floral and warm. Abit too old for me though, its classy yet old.

on 9/20/2008 11:09:00 PM

If you had asked me a few years ago Id have given this a 5 out of 5, I bought this and a limited edition summer bottle (body covered in butterflys) both 100ml. I love both scents, they are lovely. This perfume is so nice for a night out and it lasts well. Like most people I was attracted to the bottle, BUT I have since discovered that the bottle is this perfumes downfall and the reason I wont buy this again, while the fragrance gets a 5 and the look of the bottle gats a 5 the pump get 0! both of my bottles pumps crapped out after I had used only about and third to a half of the bottle, this perfume will sort of squirt perfume out the side that I need to rub on with the bottle, the other wont work at all, nothing comes out. I wont buy this perfume again, and what upset me most is that the shop I bought it from wouldnt replace it as it had been more the 10 days. my friends have had similar problems with these so personally wouldnt recomend as its annoying having a lovely bottle of perfume that I cant get anything out off!

on 9/8/2008 4:36:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Not a fan of this. It smells sort of old on me.

This fragrance is a very strong but fresh floral. It can smell very old on warmer days. Once it dries and has been worm for a while it smells warmer. I really wanted to love it because the bottle is stunning, but its just not my taste.

UPDATE: I've changed my mind on this one! Some days it works beautifully on my skin. Its a very warm sweet florally enticing fragrance and is now on my to-buy list!

UPDATE: I'm wearing this more and more. Sits on my skin these days more as a deep but light warm vanilla. Lovely.

on 6/29/2008 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

To me this is the ultimate old woman smell. Like a woman who's ready for the nursing home. Reminds me of cheap soap that's used to camouflage the smell of sweat and used diapers. The bottle looks really tacky and dated as well.

on 6/23/2008 1:10:00 PM

this is my 1st perfume given by my mum. it is also 1 of the most-valued one by it. my mum got good taste!

this perfume is really special, it got a distintive smell, in a good way. very nice and quite unforgettable!

Popular Fragrances