April 17, 2014 | 985 users online

Powder - NARS - Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2009 4:17:00 PM More reviews by oohollyoo

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

st.tropez is an awesome match for my nc 35 skin. this powder foundation does not have any coverage, at all!. i toned, used my estee lauder idealist and then a moisturizer and this on top. applied w/ a brush this makes ur skin look very dry. even w/ my oily t-zone. after a while it makes you very oily. applied w/ sponge gives you a nice even toned look w/o flakies, then 2-3 hrs later shine all over your face! i don't get it. bone dry then oily and no coverage. thought i could at least use it as a blot powder but it makes me oiler so this is no good use. black case turned ashy after 1 day due to handling and placing it in my makeup bag. urggg!. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND DO NOT BUY THIS POWDER.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2009 4:43:00 PM More reviews by foxysoxy804

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ok this is hands down the best powder foundation I have ever used. I have tried a plethora of foundations, both liquid and powder, which I will attempt to list at the end of my review to show you how serious I am about THIS stuff being the best!

I have neutral olive skin. I wear this in Santa Fe. I bought this at the dawn of my monthly PMS. I had been so displeased with the product I was using before (EL Double Wear Powder) because it didn't hold up oil and settled into fine lines.

Anyways during PMS my skin's oil production gets revved up. NARS did the BEST job of keeping my face looking fresh. EVEN during the PMS oil fest!! Ofcourse there is still some shine after 8 hours of wear...however I don't ever reapply anything I use just out of fear of getting cakey. I really don't think you need to reapply NARS. You can still see that you are getting natural coverage even when your oily spots come out of hiding.

I cannot wait to see how this works after my time of month. Best powder EVER!!

Products I have tried (foundation edition):
Powder: Bare Minerals, Everyday Minerals, Clinique Almost Powder & Perfectly Real Powder, EL Double Wear

Liquid: Lancome Teint Idole Ultra, MUFE Face & Body, Lorac Natural Breakthrough Performance, Diorskin Nude Hydrating Makeup SPF 10

EDIT: OK No. This stuff turned out to be incredibly drying. Made me look 40 years older. Disgusting. Took it back to the store. This stuff would be great for oily skins but see, I apply makeup right after showering and washing my face to a clean slate. So there is no oil there so soak up...leading to dryness that lasts all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2009 1:52:00 AM More reviews by JessyxLin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off, I must say the packaging is great =]

I have it in Deauville which is absolutely perfect for my light asian skin. It goes on nicely but a little chalky at first but after it settles [maybe 5 minutes?] it looks natural and smooth. My t-zone looked a little oily after a few hours [normal] after application, but its very quick and easy to touchup. If you need better coverage, do not use the sponge it comes with! The sponge is great and soft, but is horrible for 'heavier' make up application. [I generally use the sponge to occasionally clean the mirror] The makeup itself is great, but the price is so expensive! I've only been using it for a few days so hopefully i'll get something good out of this!

*EDIT*

The powder is good at smoothing out my skin and doesn't make my 'dry spots' look obvious. It's not a powder for people with heavy acne or dark scars. The coverage is sheer and should probably used as finishing powder after a foundation with better coverage is applied. But if you only have a few bumps here and there, it gives your face a smooth, matte look.

I wouldn't buy this product again because of price, but I may try to refill the compact with other foundations [if i can find one that fits?]

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2009 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Ingenue01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I've waited a very long time to try this, but I have to say... I'm impressed! I'm a Bobbi Brown foundation girl all the way (Oil Free Compact) but NARS may just steal me away. I love Bobbi because of the yellow based colors...turns out NARS got the memo as well.

I have extremely oily skin, so this was the perfect fix for it. Medium coverage, and it set really nicely. I wore it all night with no touchups. I use the Kabuki brush to dust it on (I only need light coverage).

I'll be getting this again. Definitely worth the $$$.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2009 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Shayron

This is very disappointing. Santa Fe is an excellent color match for my med-beige skin tone. I'm a big fan of Nars loose powder, but the price on this is outrageous ($45) for technically being just a compact/pressed tinted face powder. Coverage is sheer to medium depending on whether you use a brush or the sponge it comes with. My skin is in pretty good condition so all I really need is something that covers the little bit of redness I have around my nose and chin and keeps the t-zone oilies away. Santa Fe doesn't oxidize but it fades within a couple hours and then the redness returns and oil shines through. I'll continue to wear it when I only need something that lasts a few hours because that's all it's good for. Forget about wearing this in the summertime. This powder foundation is comparable to drugstore powder foundations (some of which I like better than this) and not worth the high price at all. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2009 4:06:00 PM More reviews by bankston76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I just received this from Sephora today and I have to say I love it so far! It's gorgeous on! I have very oily tzone and sensitive skin. Big pores and wrinkles also. At first, I thought it was going to be too dry looking but as it's had a chance to settle in it looks smooth and supple. My tzone is shining after 3 hours but I expect that, it always happens. I got Deauville and I'm an NC 15-20. It's probably a shade too dark but it's ok because it's so pretty and I'm going to start self tanning soon because it's about that season!! The case is huge. It could be smaller however I do like the large mirror. The price is steep but if it lives up to what I think it will, it will be worth it. Also, the pan is very large so it will probably last a long time.

Edit: This wound up being too red for me. Back to sephora!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2009 1:11:00 PM More reviews by missjasminnn

this powder is great! i dont understand why this got such low ratings..my skin looks flawless with this and i put this over my select foundation from MAC. I'm an NC20 and i got matched wth deauville. i only have to touch up once a day! totally recommend this. but its a bit pricey though...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2008 8:35:00 AM More reviews by chessablue

I used this in Mont Blanc off and on for a couple of years. I found it to be one of the best after a lot of experimentation, but never loved it and new I'd switch to something better as soon as I could find it.
Mont Blanc was an ok match for my skin but a little too dark. The pigmentation was always nice and the texture was kind of smooth creamy, which i liked, but it never really melted into my skin. It always looked powdery and makeup-y. It lasts quite well, but needs to be touched up around midday. It wasn't the worst for flakes, but definitely accentuates any dryness. It never did any real damage to my skin, but I always suspected it contributed to my blackheads.
I've finally switched to the Givenchy Prisme foundation, which is a miracle in a box for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2008 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Noboho

This is the most natural looking powder I have ever used. I first tried this on an emergency trip to Sephora after an unfortunate incident of losing my makeup case in a cab. I needed new powder ASAP! I had been using Makeup Forever's powder, but I figured this was an opportunity to try something new. I'm so glad I tried this one from Nars. The pigmentation is perfect. It brightens my skin without looking like I have makeup on! The sleek black packaging is oh so chic, I love pulling this out of my purse. Also it seems to go on really lightly. It's never an overdose to my face and it covers shine like a dream. Lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2008 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Jodi1

I can not believe I waited so long to try this foundation! I have used MAC Studio Fix off and on for years. I could only find a color match when I was super tan and even then it tended to look cakey and it smudged in places. But it stayed on longer than anything else I tried so I kept coming back. In between, I tried a long list of other products ranging from Chanel to Cover Girl. After reading many reviews on NARS, I decided to give it a try and I could not be more pleased. It matches my skin perftectly, has "build-up" coverage, does not cause me to break out, and last all day!!! My 15 year search for the perfect foundation if finally over! It is a little pricey, but well worth it.