April 24, 2014 | 1833 users online

Concealers - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat No 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 8:40:00 AM More reviews by wreckagerunner

This product is my HG. I absolutely love it. I use it everyday for highlighting and brightening. Obviously this can't be worn alone as a concealer- but I love to wear it over my undereye concealer. It's amazing for bringing a subtle light to your face. I've always hated other shimmers/highlighters that I've tried in the past (benefit, dior...etc.) because they've been WAY to glittery. This is the perfect amount of shimmer, and therefore WORTH the money (IMHO).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2010 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Kallisandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm kind of on the fence about this product. I like a natural look and this made my eyes pop, highlight everywhere... I did look well rested and it didn't crease. The packaging is great! It comes in a nice pen with a brush at the end, not messy at all. At the same time, since I hardly use too much makeup, I'm not really sure I love it yet.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2010 3:30:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Very nice as a very subtle highlighter. Not greasy at all! I sometimes use for my dark circles. I'm N15 (leaning toward NC) & I like #1 for a highlighter.

CONS: Expensive. Too thin for bad circles.

REMOVAL TIPS: If using this for more than the eyes and If using this for more than the eyes and you are prone to clogging, you may want to remove this with a cleansing oil before using your regular cleanser.

ALTERNATES: HE - Chanel Eclat Lumiere (I think it's even more divine than this.) For a bit of subtle shimmer (but not for pale girls), Laura Mercier's Secret Brightener. for actual under-eye concealing (not highlighting): My new happiness I've found is using MAC's tinted moisturizer under my eyes (Yes, under my eyes!) and then Stila's Stay All Day Concealer only in the dark circles. By doing this, I don't highlight my puffy bags underneath my eyes. I've heard of people using foundation under their eyes before, but it's always looked horrible on me, until I tried that MAC t.m. Anyway, the Stila on top really does the trick of truly concealing the circles and making sure it will last even longer.

*****There are more reviews for this in the primer/corrector category. (I don't know why it's under that category.)********

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2010 12:32:00 AM More reviews by MissBecca1989

I love this product and i'm on my third tube of this stuff. It lasts about 6 months if not more with everyday use which is great but definately is expected with the price ($70 in australia). I have very dark circles under the eyes and this covers it very well. Its a light consistency and isnt heavy at all. Only two clicks are needed to effectively cover the eyes. It feels lightweight and is easy to blend. The thing with this though is i dont use it for blemishes because it just doesnt have the covering power. However, i bought this primarily for the under eyes and it works well, and nothing compares to it. I will continue to buy this but just wish it wasn't $70!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2010 7:05:00 AM More reviews by Samanthazahra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What this product offers is very subtle and I think you only notice how much it changes your 'look' overall, not by looking where you put it. i use this to brighten anywhere, absolutely anywhere on my face that i want to brighten up, under my eyes, along my bridge, corners of my nose but my favourite place to use this is not neccessarily the brown bone but actually further up under my eyebrown above the inner corners of my eye. I find this really lifts up my brows and opens my face. And i can quickly do it without creating a fuss with eyeshadow and run out the door.

I definately do not think this product is for concealing, and for me, i would prefer to use a hilighter cream than this if i want to hilight. i feel like this is completely for something different, 'brightening', lightening up areas of the skin without heavily covering it or adding shimmer. if that makes any sense at all :D
im an nc25, and no 2 is a perfect match for a very natural finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 11:26:00 AM More reviews by PamelaMartin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is definitely a HG product for me. I use it on my orbital bones- below the eye and above- and I really like the way it makes me look a little "brighter". The texture is perfect for my skin- never cakey and it has just the right amount of shimmer. Powder highlighters tend to look TOO shimmery for day on my skin. This seems to light my skin from within- which is what we're all looking for right?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2010 5:05:00 AM More reviews by direoui

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i shall never be without it. i use it as a highlighter and under eye brightener, alone and in addition to concealer. after witnessing me apply it to my dark circles, a friend remarked, "No fair!" i wash the brush periodically so it doesn't get funky and am careful to make sure the product is distributed evenly among the bristles before applying. even if i end up with more than i'd like under my eyes, i just blend or apply to different features, such as the browbone and cupid's bow.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2010 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Ire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! It's the best concealer-like product I've ever used. It is a bit pricey, but def. worth it.
It's creamy but not heavy, goes on very nicely, doesn't crease and doesn't dry eye area at all. Even when applying without eye cream underneath, it still goes on very smoothly.
It brightens skin immediately and looks very natural. Although it's not a high-coverage concealer, it does cover undereye circles/darkness if you don't have a big problem.
Wouldn't recommend for someone with too visible circles --though it's worth trying (under eyes) over foundation.
Color #2 is good for fair skin with golden undertone (if pinkish go with #1).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 7:43:00 PM More reviews by almond_leaves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm really not sure why, but I don't think this concealer is special in any way.

I bought it after reading the reviews here. And having quite dark circles I thought I'd give it a shot.

I applied it alone. Nothing special. I applied it on top of my concealer. Tiny improvement.

I can always see a greyish halo no matter what. A small amount of the MAC studio concealer will achieve similar results. So I can't say that it's a bad concealer, cuz it's good, just not any better than what I get with the MAC one.

It would work perfectly as simply a highlighter, not concealer.

Might repurchase...

UPDATE: I was horrified when I looked at my face wearing this in proper lighting. Oh my God! This is the most drying ever! I never felt my skin tight at all, but it just looks so so so so dry. It does look fantastic though in photos - you will see no trace of dark circles while wearing this! No wonder it's a celeb fav...

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2010 8:23:00 AM More reviews by cvlm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After reading many positive reviews online and in fashion magazines I decided to purchase this product. I live in Australia, sometimes Chemist Warehouse has these for $29.95.
After a few times of using this product, keeping in mind that it is a highlighter not a concealer, i thought it was.. ok.. (i apply my concealer then touche eclat). There wasnt much of a difference between the before and after application but since I already bought it I continued to use it.
After about two weeks, the skin around my eyes became RED, ITCHY, FLAKY/DRY. I went to the doctor and was given a cream to apply, it took almost TWO WEEKS for the irritation to go away. Not realising it was the TOUCHE ECLAT that I reacted to I started using it again and this time my skin got red and flaky THE NEXT DAY!! Now I'm annoyed because it took forever for the irritation to go away the last time ;( I work in the cosmetics industry and it is part of my uniform to wear make up to work so I've tried tones of products and NEVER have I reacted to ANYTHING!!!! So be warned, if you decide to purchase this, keep your receipt, you may react to it a few weeks after using it!