December 22, 2014 | 976 users online

Concealers - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat No 2

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by kmvvp09

HAS ANYONE TRIED THE NEW COLORS OF TOUCHE ECLAT OFFERED ON SEPHORA'S AND NORDSTROM'S WEBSITES???? The problem I have with touche eclat #2 is that it is far too white, even for fair to light skin. This might work if you have porcelain skin, but if your skin is any darker or you like to use self tanner or bronzer to warm up your complexion, this will almost certainly give you the reverse panda look, especially in photos. The biggest mistake I see on women is choosing a concealer that is too light. I know that certain makeup artist, like Bobbi Brown, suggest that you choose a concealer that is a shade or two lighter than your skin, however, I believe that if you are trying to avoid the reverse panda look under your eyes, then you should pick one that matches your skin tone exactly, keeping in mind that your skin might become a shade darker after you apply bronzer or self tanner. Also, anything that has light reflective pigments will make the area of application appear lighter, even if the shade is an exact match for your skin tone. I have a feeling one of the new shades, #8 "radiant silk" might work for those who are fair-light or fair-medium and found #2 to be too light. However, I have not tried it yet since I am waiting for someone to post a review on it. I recently bought "Fresh supernova brightening pen" at sephora, for half the price of touche eclat (although it ends up costing about the same since there is less product than YSL's), and so far I am impressed. The brightening effect is not as evident as touche, but it does a nice job of concealing dark circles while making the eyes look more awake without actually looking like you are wearing makeup. I bought #2 for undereyes, but I might also get #1 to highlight areas such as nasolabial folds, chin, sides of nose, etc. I am also planning on ordering Givenchy mister light in mister toast to see how that compares.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2010 3:25:00 AM More reviews by lisztomania

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a lifesaver when it comes to my dark under-eye circles. It brightens the area and makes me look refreshed and awake. It is a subtle concealer, it does not completely cover the dark circles. But wherever applied (I apply it under eyes, under brows and down my nose), it just lifts the complexion of my face and prevents it from looking flat and tired.

It is very expensive in Aus - but I found that it is so much cheaper in duty free shopes in Airports overseas so if you want to find the best buy, maybe refrain from buying them from department stores and save for duty free.

The packaging is very practical but still luxurious. The pen shape and click function lets you have full control how you want to use the product and how much product to use.

Overall - I will definitely purchase it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2010 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Belle84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I really want to like this product, because in theory it's genious. I love the pen-concept, the click to get just the right amount of product and the concealing and highlighting all rolled up into one.

But sadly, it doesn't work for my under-eye circles. I found that this just accentuated them even more rather than hiding them. For my nostril area, it was okay though.

Will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by dkk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this as a concealer under eyes and around nostrils, and it is magical! SO many times, I have been on my way somewhere and exhausted, with bad dark undereye circles, and I'll use a bit, set it with light power, and on arrival, my friends tell me how relaxed and refreshed I look. It's great, definitely one of those products that's pricey but SO worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 8:40:00 AM More reviews by wreckagerunner

This product is my HG. I absolutely love it. I use it everyday for highlighting and brightening. Obviously this can't be worn alone as a concealer- but I love to wear it over my undereye concealer. It's amazing for bringing a subtle light to your face. I've always hated other shimmers/highlighters that I've tried in the past (benefit, dior...etc.) because they've been WAY to glittery. This is the perfect amount of shimmer, and therefore WORTH the money (IMHO).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2010 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Kallisandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm kind of on the fence about this product. I like a natural look and this made my eyes pop, highlight everywhere... I did look well rested and it didn't crease. The packaging is great! It comes in a nice pen with a brush at the end, not messy at all. At the same time, since I hardly use too much makeup, I'm not really sure I love it yet.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2010 3:30:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Very nice as a very subtle highlighter. Not greasy at all! I sometimes use for my dark circles. I'm N15 (leaning toward NC) & I like #1 for a highlighter.

CONS: Expensive. Too thin for bad circles.

REMOVAL TIPS: If using this for more than the eyes and If using this for more than the eyes and you are prone to clogging, you may want to remove this with a cleansing oil before using your regular cleanser.

ALTERNATES: HE - Chanel Eclat Lumiere (I think it's even more divine than this.) For a bit of subtle shimmer (but not for pale girls), Laura Mercier's Secret Brightener. for actual under-eye concealing (not highlighting): My new happiness I've found is using MAC's tinted moisturizer under my eyes (Yes, under my eyes!) and then Stila's Stay All Day Concealer only in the dark circles. By doing this, I don't highlight my puffy bags underneath my eyes. I've heard of people using foundation under their eyes before, but it's always looked horrible on me, until I tried that MAC t.m. Anyway, the Stila on top really does the trick of truly concealing the circles and making sure it will last even longer.

*****There are more reviews for this in the primer/corrector category. (I don't know why it's under that category.)********

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2010 12:32:00 AM More reviews by MissBecca1989

I love this product and i'm on my third tube of this stuff. It lasts about 6 months if not more with everyday use which is great but definately is expected with the price ($70 in australia). I have very dark circles under the eyes and this covers it very well. Its a light consistency and isnt heavy at all. Only two clicks are needed to effectively cover the eyes. It feels lightweight and is easy to blend. The thing with this though is i dont use it for blemishes because it just doesnt have the covering power. However, i bought this primarily for the under eyes and it works well, and nothing compares to it. I will continue to buy this but just wish it wasn't $70!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2010 7:05:00 AM More reviews by Samanthazahra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What this product offers is very subtle and I think you only notice how much it changes your 'look' overall, not by looking where you put it. i use this to brighten anywhere, absolutely anywhere on my face that i want to brighten up, under my eyes, along my bridge, corners of my nose but my favourite place to use this is not neccessarily the brown bone but actually further up under my eyebrown above the inner corners of my eye. I find this really lifts up my brows and opens my face. And i can quickly do it without creating a fuss with eyeshadow and run out the door.

I definately do not think this product is for concealing, and for me, i would prefer to use a hilighter cream than this if i want to hilight. i feel like this is completely for something different, 'brightening', lightening up areas of the skin without heavily covering it or adding shimmer. if that makes any sense at all :D
im an nc25, and no 2 is a perfect match for a very natural finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 11:26:00 AM More reviews by PamelaMartin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is definitely a HG product for me. I use it on my orbital bones- below the eye and above- and I really like the way it makes me look a little "brighter". The texture is perfect for my skin- never cakey and it has just the right amount of shimmer. Powder highlighters tend to look TOO shimmery for day on my skin. This seems to light my skin from within- which is what we're all looking for right?