Burt's Bees Burts Bees Lip Shimmers

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ingredients: Lip Shimmers (except Radiance): ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera wax, menthe piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, copernicia cerifera wax, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, fragaria ananassa (strawberry) seed oil, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, ribes nigrum (black currant) seed oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, sambucus nigra (elderberry) seed oil, tocopherol, canola oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil. +/-: mica, iron oxides, carmine, alumina, titanium dioxide ~~~Radiance Lip Shimmer: ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, fragaria ananassa (strawberry) seed oil, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, ribes nigrum (black currant) seed oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, sambucus nigra (elderberry) seed oil, tocopherol, canola oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil, +/-: mica, titanium dioxide.

on 2/24/2012 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

This is for the New Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in the brown cardboard tube. I got the Red Dahlia color. The cardboard tube is a complete waste, inside in a standard size plastic tube of balm. The color is VERY sheer, almost non existent, and the flavor is not bad but hard to describe. In checking the ingredient list, the ingredient aroma (flavor) is listed exactly as I just wrote it, so the flavor could be anything, really.

Not vegan, FYI. Contains carmine.

on 2/23/2012 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this lip balm! I got it as a gift and will absolutley buy it again. I love thai it has a lasting color that stays and the shummer are not to obvious. I love the watermelon and rhubarb shade. I love that it makes my lips soft eventhough that the balm have wear off. This is the best balm i have ever tried.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have a Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in the shade Rhubarb. When I first got it, I wasn't sure if I liked it or not because I didn't think the shade was flattering on me. I like that this moisturizes my lips & has 14 shimmery shades to choose from because it reminds me of a lip gloss crossed with a lipstick. This is noticeable on my lips & is pigmented, but it's sheer & suitable for everyday wear. I apply 2 coats of it at the most, again, because of this particular color. I like the peppermint flavor & how smooth it feels on my lips. It's actually really moisturizing, & you can't go wrong with a 100% natural product!

My only complaint (aside from the shade, which is my own fault) is that it's not long-lasting. If I eat & drink, I have to reapply it every single time. It's also a little expensive for the little amount of product I actually get. I'd repurchase in another more flattering shade like Caramel or Cocoa.

on 12/5/2011 5:07:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Very good tinted lip balm with a good color Pay off. A bit expansive, n the balm stick is not firmly secured on the twister pin. Packaging could Be improved.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

It's cool, I like the flavor, moisturizing and comers from beeswax. The color it subtle, in plum and a tingly taste and smell to it...............Hmmmmm I use it very occasionally

on 11/27/2011 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

this is great...it moisturizes and i gives a very strong color which stays all day. i wish they had more variety in color though.

on 11/24/2011

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a must have for EVERYONE. Anyone of any age, colour, whether you like higher end or drug store products, its a must. I really like these because of the convenience in combination with the great hydration and the option of colour. Theres clear and neutral colours you can choose from for every day wear BUT what I love even more is that when I want to wear lipstick without the drying effects, I can! These come in a great range of colours so if you want to have a splash of colour, with hydration these are going to be your new best friends. I can't forget to mention the awesome minty-ness this lip shimmers have. I love the feeling of hydration and cooling it gives which is essentially a huge reason why I buy these. Stock up ladies! P.S. watch out for your drug store flyer because they DO go on sale from time to time :) !! Happy Lip Shimmers.

on 11/8/2011 6:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love this lip balm! I have watermelon, cocoa and the radiance one. It moisturizes my lips and I love the colors. It seems as I got older all lipsticks dry out my lips so I really don't have much of a choice but to use burt bees which I really don"t mind because it doesn't dry out my lips.

on 11/8/2011 5:21:00 AM

It is a good lip balm, but if you have really dried lips I do not recommend this product since it is not smooth enough compared to a creme lipstick. It feel a little heavy but compared to most lip balms it it quite good.

on 11/2/2011 3:10:00 PM

I love this stuff! I always make sure i have it in my purse. I have it in rhubarb which is a bit of a pink cranberry colour (and am dying to get my hands on more) I've been using it for several years.
It's not really shimmery, but has good pigment. It doesn't stain the lips tons either. It doesn't have much of a smell either, which I really like. The two lightest colours available look like they would have more shimmer, but seem like they would be mostly sheer. (good over a lipstain?) It would be really good for someone who wants a bit of colour to their lips (and moisturizing) but doesn't want to fiddle around with lipstick or stain.
It's very moisturizing. I'm not sure what's in it but when I first applied it I had painfully dry lips. It stung a bit and they totally healed like no other chap stick would. It's fantastic.
My only complaint is that the packaging is mediocre. I like how it looks a lot but if it ever gets warm in your pocket it melts like no one's business. (and stains) Also, if you are too rough with the twist up on the bottom, it can break. (discovered by my ex boyfriend *eye roll*)
Those are really minor complains though in comparison to the quality of this product. I absolutely love it!

Popular Lip Glosses