October 23, 2014 | 1922 users online

Lip Gloss - Burt's Bees - Burts Bees Lip Shimmers

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2011 5:21:00 AM More reviews by lipstickx

It is a good lip balm, but if you have really dried lips I do not recommend this product since it is not smooth enough compared to a creme lipstick. It feel a little heavy but compared to most lip balms it it quite good.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 3:10:00 PM More reviews by KillCloud9

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I always make sure i have it in my purse. I have it in rhubarb which is a bit of a pink cranberry colour (and am dying to get my hands on more) I've been using it for several years.
It's not really shimmery, but has good pigment. It doesn't stain the lips tons either. It doesn't have much of a smell either, which I really like. The two lightest colours available look like they would have more shimmer, but seem like they would be mostly sheer. (good over a lipstain?) It would be really good for someone who wants a bit of colour to their lips (and moisturizing) but doesn't want to fiddle around with lipstick or stain.
It's very moisturizing. I'm not sure what's in it but when I first applied it I had painfully dry lips. It stung a bit and they totally healed like no other chap stick would. It's fantastic.
My only complaint is that the packaging is mediocre. I like how it looks a lot but if it ever gets warm in your pocket it melts like no one's business. (and stains) Also, if you are too rough with the twist up on the bottom, it can break. (discovered by my ex boyfriend *eye roll*)
Those are really minor complains though in comparison to the quality of this product. I absolutely love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 7:37:00 AM More reviews by ilovescrabble

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Best lipgloss/chapstick ever

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2011 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Mrs15Heb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG I don't know why but this is THE BEST chapstick/gloss I have ever used. I have the plainest of the shimmers I believe the name is just "Radiance", the one with the yellow cap. I use this at night even though it does give a very nice natural shimmer effect on the lips good for any day you may have dry lips or just not feel like wearing lipsticks or glosses. This is very hydrating and not balmy or sticky like some others. I do tend to develop dry lips if I don't wear a chapstick at bedtime but other ones leave my lips feeling sticky even in the morning with weird residue.. they can even break me out.. The Burt's Bees Radiance lip shimmer is by far the best chapstick I have ever come across and gives a lovely cooling sensation when applied. I love it. Will definitely repurchase and stock the hell up in case they ever stop making it!! HG!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Manue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like these lip shimmers. Not too expensive, good colours, nice peppermint taste. I particularly love the one called Radiance; it adds the most beautiful subtle shimmer to the lips. It does contain a few chemicals though (limonene and linalool).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2011 6:55:00 AM More reviews by turnthisaround

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It's a combination of a lipstain/balm. It has zero shimmer to it, so I'm confused as to why it's called a shimmer.
The tube is nicely compact, sturdy and easily retractable. I really do admire tubes that are made to retract/don't fight you or break when you try.
The balm itself is HIGHLY PIGMENTED. You must use a very very very light hand in applying. Thus this stuff will last you an extended amount of time - a VERY long time. I had mine for several months and used it on a half way decent basis and I didn't make a dent in it.
Personally, I didn't enjoy using it all too often because of how overwhelmingly pigmented it is. Even when using such a light hand, it gave me way too much color. The colors tend to run dark so it overwhelmed my face, especially for a day time look (running errands.) Funny enough, this can dupe for a lipstick for a nightime look. That way, your lips will be hydrated and very colored. For the price and for being a balm, the color payoff is great but it just happened to be too much for me is all.
My lips were never dry or chapped while using this. They stayed very smooth and soft. The staying power of this product is simply amazing. The entire day, without reapplying, even when eating/drinking. This can hold up to anything. The color also stayed very much intact as well. It's very light on the lips, so much so that you don't really feel it on there. It leaves lips very natural in texture.

The best lip balm I had ever used. Sadly, I ended up tossing it because I could not get past my color issue with it. I also didn't like how the colors in the line do run so dark. It's such a shame because I loved everything else about it.

If you like dark colored lip balms, this is for you. If not, you should still try it since the formula is excellent. Maybe someone else can apply it in a way to make the color lighter, I wish I could have figured it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Crevis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pretty colors, I got watermelon, it's just a little darker than my lips. Stays on okay, does go away faster than some but it's little and easy to take with you and re-apply.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by cjm91

I got this product a few weeks ago, and I like it. I forgot what color I got but it is a shimmery light pink that goes pretty well with my skin. Burt's Bees can certainly be an expensive brand, but I think it is worth it. If you did happen to look at the ingredients, they are pretty natural! Hope you had a good experience like me!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by NurseKaren

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love these in caramel and peony. Not too bright, just a subtle hint of color and shine that moisturizes.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2011 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Bascom

I have rhubarb and guava! Rhubarb is more creamy,way less shimmer,and guava is loaded with shimmer,but has a very pretty barbie, light pinky color. I didn't look at the ingredients but it did make my lips tingly-like when u wear a plumping gloss, not bad :)