L'Oreal Colour Riche in Fairest Nude

on 12/31/2012 3:14:00 PM

I've heard beauty bloggers, gurus, and Youtubers RAVE about this product. I've heard my friends say "go and try it!", and I actually believed all the hype over this lipstick that was supposed to be the perfect nude.
WELL THEY WERE WRONG, PEOPLE.
Wroooong.
This settled into all the little creases on my lips, and looked, generally, nearly white. It looked chalky, caky, and dry, but was a very creamy formula. It made my lips flake as well, which is hella not attractive, and smelled like old-lady lipstick (chemicals, musty fragrance, you get the picture.)
It's over-hyped, not because of the formula, but because of the TERRIBLE color that looked so lovely in the tube. In the lipstick bullet, it looks like a rosy, beautiful brown. On the lips, it looks tacky white, like I chugged a bottle of glue or ate frosting. Nasty.

on 12/29/2012 4:38:00 PM

I LOVE this lipstick. It's my all-time favorite nude. It goes on super smoothly, and it looks great with almost any gloss. If you're looking for a great, true nude, this is the one. I don't usually buy L'oreal lip products, but this lipstick is the top of the line. I like it better than any of my higher end lipsticks, and it's a complete steal for the price.

on 12/19/2012 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I HAVE FOUND MY PERFECT PINK NUDE LIPSTICK :D!! It smells like a very generic lipstick but the color is on point. I've been searching high and low for that perfect nude pink lips. This bad boy is the one for me. For about $6 at target, this lipstick is perfect. I have a warm skintone and most nude shades out there are more fitted towards cooler toned people so it's been quite a search.

It's moisturizing and opaque. Wahhh, did I mention it was $6? Here I was ready to throw my dollar bills at MAC & YSL.

I won't dock it off points for smell, it's not repulsive but it's what I expected from a drugstore lipstick.

on 11/29/2012 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Pros:
-The perfect nude for my golden tan skin
- Moisturizing
- Lasts a decent time

Cons
- SMELLS LIKE NAIR *GROSS*
- The packaging is a nightmare, they should just do REVLON/MAC like packaging, or if they wanna be that fancy then why not YSL lol

Overall i really do like this lipstick, and would buy it again. It cost about 10$ CAD
so could be cheaper since this is Drugstore.

---------
Looks great with a soft pink/peachy lip gloss

on 11/15/2012 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

For my skin (NW 40/43) this is definitely "concealer nude" when worn alone. I normally wear this under UD Lip Junkie in Naked and what a great combo that is! Took off a lippy because of the chemically lipstick smell. I know some people like it because thats how makeup "used to smell", but I think its atrocious.

on 11/8/2012 10:28:00 AM

I absolutely love this lipstick. This is the prefect nude for me, not too pink, not too nude, just right. I like to pair this with MAC Oyster Girl lipgloss. This is also an excellent dupe of MAC Blankety (which I also own and love). Im an NC42 for reference.

on 11/7/2012 5:34:00 PM

So this is my first dabble in nude lip products. My lips are highly pigmented, so it is difficult to find something that doesn't wash me out This nude-which is on the verge of not really even being nude-has nice pink and brown undertones, which makes it much more wearable for me. It is very creamy and moisturizing. The one problem I had was the smell. It is absolutely horrific. Generally I am not sensitive to smell, but this is just bad. It wears away after about five mintues, but applying it is frustrating where the smell is concerned. I probably won't repurchase, only because of the scent.

on 11/5/2012 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

i guess when loreal says nude anywhere on their products, they mean it is just going to be the color of regular lips. twice i have bought a product from the colour riche line with "nude" in the name. and they both actually look the same, but the other one is better, because it's a balm and has argan oil as well as the spf. oh well, i'm not mad, i just find some products misleading and it gets on my nerves, such as this. i will be returning it. i wish i could find the receipt for the other product, because i would return it too. also i find it weird that this lipstick case is hideous, when the balm i have has an elegant case.

on 10/11/2012 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Finally! A nude lip that works for me and doesn't wash me out! I have been searching for a pretty, pinkish nude lip to copy an Adele look, but they all looked horrid on me till this - soft, creamy natural looking and only $8! Will be buying a backup (or 6) of this.

on 9/24/2012 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love this lipstick. I bought my first tube probably 10 years ago and I will keep buying it as long as I can. I'm pale (NC15-20), but my lips are very pigmented and pink. It's hard sometimes to find a good, "my lips but better" nude. This one is just right for me-- not too light or too dark, and not too pink or brown or orange. It's creamy and a little moisturizing, too. I love pairing this Too Faced Pink Leopard bronzer and smokey eye makeup.

Recommended for Medium Skin