April 18, 2014 | 926 users online

Treatments - Avon - Anew Alternative Intensive Age Treatment [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2006 9:25:00 PM More reviews by coppereyes

My mother turned me onto this and, outside of giving me birth, this was the best thing she's ever done for me. OK, so I'm kidding. But seriously, this stuff is wonderful. I noticed results in the first week. Now, three months later, I am almost through my first jar. I don't use it every night because I have an irrational fear that my skin will somehow become immune to the effects. Somehow my face is brighter, more even, the slight lines around my eyes are practically gone.
    I don't mind the scent; it's very earthy and calming actually.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2006 2:51:00 PM More reviews by toxicapathy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was skeptical of this one at first, but this is my new HG night cream!

I've been using this for a couple of months now, and I must say it has given my skin new life. I've never had particulary bad skin, but it tends to get dry, and often the texture is blah. I'm only 28, so I don't have any obvious signs of aging at this time, but I have started a preventative regemine to keep it that way :) At $32 for a 1.7 oz. jar, it isn't the cheapest product on the market, but as we MUAers all know, you can do a WHOLE lot worse.

This cream is a tan color, and the scent is a little odd at first (a VERY botanical smell) but you get used to it after awhile. The texture is silky and velvety, and it just melts right into the skin, with no greasiness. I especially love applying it after I've used the Anew Clinical Retexturizing Peel; my face is left feeling as soft as a newborn's bottom!

The texture and clarity of my skin has definitely improved, and it has firmed up a bit too. I feel like makeup applies more smoothly in general as well. Despite the weird jar shape, and the unusual fragrance, this a fantastic product! If you are worried about the price, it is absolutely worth every penny! If you aren't happy Avon has that fabulous money-back guarantee. I highly recommend, and will definitely continue to purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2006 5:37:00 AM More reviews by fragrancefreak

After reading reviews of this product here, I wanted to love it so much. I really did. Boy, was I disappointed.

I am 30, I do not have lines or wrinkles, but tone and texture is a big concern for me. I used to suffer from adult acne (under control now thank God), so I have a few marks and scars left over. I was totally taken in by the raving reviews and thought I would give it a go. Most of the ladies seemed to love it here.

My skin broke out the first day but I was expecting it. It was sort of all bumpy, all over. My husband never notices anything and he was like...what are you using, its all bumps on your face. I persisted and it went down considerably in the next few days. But after using it for about a month (did not want to hear that I didn't try), I finally gave it up last night. Sob! Sob! I haven't noticed anything great on my skin, its still not gone back to original, and I am left with about half a jar of this you know what. At least I bought it from ebay for half its price. I might just use it over my neck to finish it or something.

I am back to my original skin regime..avon luminous brightener a.m and clearly C serum p.m under my moisturizer, it suited me well.

In the meantime, I'll keep looking for brightening products, (I am South East Asian) or products that can help fade my acne marks and help improve skin texture. I don't like spending a lot on skin care (and most of the line the really expensive ones don't work anyway) but if anyone has any recommendations, please message me. I would definitely try it out.

Hope this helps..someone

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2006 1:05:00 AM More reviews by tommicat10

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OH. HOW IT BURNED MY SENSITIVE SKIN!!! This cream must have some powerful ingredients in it, because it set my face on fire. It caused a strange looking blistery rash and IT HURT! Several of my friends use this miracle cream and they look fantastic. It's done wonders for their skin but it nearly killed mine. They love it and will buy it forever but it's my skin's worst nightmare.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2006 8:11:00 PM More reviews by IrishWench

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I didn't think much of the results at first. it took a month before I noticed the crepey-ness above my mouth and on my neck and chest were diminished. They are literally plumped out! It is amazing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2006 1:30:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

UPDATE: After using daily for 30 days, effects have now kicked in and I'm upgrading this to 5 lippies and trashing my OP with Retinol ss. The skintone on my face/neck (especially the sundamage on my neck) have improved tremendously with this. The one sunspot by my mouth that I've never been able to fade 100% is now almost gone. Pores appear smaller, skin texture is just smoother and more even toned. Never makes me greasy. I haven't worn foundation in almost 3 weeks, which I attribute to this stuff. I just don't need it anymore. VERY HAPPY!!

I was using OP's 30+ with retinol, but decided to give this a try because of the additional ingredients. I went on vacation in BC and spent the entire week outside, walking, bike riding, etc and got zero color in my face, which surprised me as my MMM skin tans really easy/fast. Doesn't make me greasy, no breakouts, no white cast, absorbs well. LOVE the pump bottle. Wish everything I owned had the same kind of pump. The scent reminds me of Sephora's bamboo WPD which I like and disappears almost immediately so it doesn't bother me at all. I don't know if it's doing anything as far as "anti-aging", and my skin doesn't seem to be any more even than it was before I started using it, but it's a good ss none the less. I like it about as much as my OP, but the cost is about 4x's as much so I'll probably stick to OP. I'll make that decision when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2006 4:59:00 PM More reviews by lakika

I really like this cream. I have acne-prone skin and this has not caused any break-outs. I really like the smell, I don't think it's strong like I have read on the previous reviews. My skin looks and feels better than ever! I purchased it on e-bay as a set with the day cream for a very low price. I will definitely buy it again!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2006 11:25:00 AM More reviews by streak

Night 1: smell wasnt bad at all. The brown color was a little shocking, but hey, whatever. I bought mine on Ebay & got a great price. So, night one results, so far so good. I like the way my face looks this morning. Color tone is more evened out and that's after one night. My face feels a little dry, however, Ive been in the sun alot this weekend, so it probably has more to do w/that than the cream. I had one small zit above my lip that wasnt formed yet but I could see it forming in the last week or so. Well, this morning, it was completely formed. I popped it & that was it. No rash. I read all the other reviews & it does seem like this cream causes a form of purging of your skin. Kind of like your skin will when you start getting facials on a regular bases. I'll keep updating this as I go. So far so good.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2006 1:02:00 PM More reviews by j_jacques79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this cream in the Allure Beauty Box 2006, and I have to say I love it. Totally made the $25 price tag of the beauty box seem like a bargain. This cream is a champ at keeping my uber dry skin moist all day, contains SPF and doesn't irritate my super sensitive skin. Evens out skintone, and creates a luminous quality. Almost like a MAC Strobe cream that actually works. Highly recommended. Seems a little pricey at $32, since I usually try to keep my skincare at about $10 an ounce or so (but that's just me!), so I'm not sure I'll repurchase, but it is a great cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2006 7:28:00 AM More reviews by cynpat2000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this cream,it helps get rid of redness that I have, keep breakouts away even monthly ones,and just makes everything firmer also.and a great scent,definately a keeper.