Lancome L -extreme Mascara

3.7

AQUA / WATER / EAU, PARAFFIN, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX / CIRE DABEILLE, ACACIA SENEGAL / ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, STEARIC ACID, COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA / CARNAUBA WAX / CIRE DE CARNAUBA, PALMITIC ACID, TRIETHANOLAMINE, TALC, PTFE, PEG-40 STEARATE, SIMETHICONE, SODIUM POLYMETHACRYLATE, MYRISTIC ACID, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANEDIOL, RAYON, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, HYDROXYPROPYL CHITOSAN, PANTHENOL, SYNTHETIC BEESWAX, POLYQUATERNIUM-10, ACRYLATES/VP COPOLYMER, BHT, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, [+/- MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA]

on 8/9/2009 7:47:00 PM

This review is for the waterproof version. I think this is the best waterproof, long-wearing (24hr) mascara I've tried since MF quit making something similar in the 80's. Since then I've poured a lot of wasted money into finding my hg wp mascara... And here it is, at last! I managed to find a fresh two-fer lot at an online auction site, so I have one for my purse or beach/pool tote, and the other at home. Shopping this way helps get around the price tag a bit. It goes easily, has a great brush, will accommodate up to three carefully applied layers, lengthens & thickens without looking fake or cheap, doesn't flake/smudge/run, and does NOT cause my lashes to fall out (as other brands often do.) It also comes off easily with eye makeup remover. I love it an hope Lancome keeps it on the market for a very long time.

on 8/6/2009 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've used and like Lancome mascaras before, so I was expecting that this one would be just as good as the ones I've used in the past. Wrong!

As someone mentioned, it's very dry so you need to work very fast and is difficult to remove (I have the waterproof version) even with eye makeup remover. It also makes my lashes uncurl - I use my lash curler then apply this and they're straighter than they were before curling.

The shape of the part you hold in your hand (the top) is too curvy and makes it awkward to hold properly.

I'm disappointed that I paid about $30 for this. f

When I first used this mascara, I liked it. It really added length to my lashes. However, 1 hour went by, I checked my lashes in my mirror, and my lashes are sticking straight out (no curl at all). This mascara really weighed down my lashes.

The second time I used it, I brought my eyelash curler with me the whole day, and I counted that I need to re-curl my lashes every 1.5 hours.

The third time I used it, I curled my lashes so hard that I slipped and yanked out about 12-15 lashes. That was it! I threw it out.

My conclusion, this mascara really add length; it doesn't clump; however it weigh down curls. Perhaps if you natually have really curly lashes, this would be a good mascara for you.

on 5/30/2009 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the second worst mascara I v ever tried(the first is magnascopic)Except from the interesting packaging I have non even one positive thing to say about this product and now that I m writing this review I have already through it in the garbage(yes a 30 euros mascara is in my garbage)Ads some length and zero volume.Made my lashes more spidery,dry and ugly than EVER.This formula drys so fast that is impossible to apply a second coat because the lashes are already like sticks from the first one.I v tried it over and under from another mascara again was horrible,I v tried it with a different brush again nothing,I v tried to warm it up a little bit so to the formula to become softer again nothing and finally I through it away.

on 5/13/2009 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

This is a pretty good mascara, Lancome mascaras are always the best. This really seperates and plumps up lashes all in once. I dont know why it took me this long to try this product.

Made my lashes longer, but also made them look clumpy and fake....and not fake in a good way. I'm ready to wash it off and use my Diorshow. I could brush the clumps out but that tends to ruin the "length" this mascara has added....would not repurchase.

on 4/18/2009 8:51:00 PM

It blends well with my Revlon false eyelashes.

on 4/8/2009 1:47:00 PM

My favorite mascara, better than Diorshow, the best mascara I have used and I have used many.

Gives you a dramatic look, long and thick lashes and a great curling effect that lasts all day. Easier to remove than Diorshow.

on 3/22/2009 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

this mascara is very glossy, which i love. the sheen lasts all day! it also contains fibres which do NOT flake into the eyes, and that's a plus. however, it isn't very volumising-- though it does lengthen quite well. as other reviewers have noted, it can dry a little on the stiff side. i generally like lancome mascaras, and may purchase this one again. i'm waiting for a delivery of a YSL mascara... i'll see how that line pans out. i prefer to spend a little extra on a 'luxury' mascara than be disappointed by a drugstore brand. overall, a decent mascara.

This doesn't provide much volume for me, but I used it over Lash Blast today, and was pleased with the combo. On it's own, it provides excellent lengthening for a more natural look. I agree that it does make lashes a little stiff, but I didn't have problems with flaking or raccoon eyes. I like the narrow, traditional brush for capturing each and every lash. Overall, I might purchase again, but I think there are drugstore mascaras that provide equivalent length without as much crispiness and much better value.