Hanae Mori Butterfly EDP

3.8

on 10/20/2008 8:56:00 PM

LOVE this scent--even more than my current favorite: Coco Mademoiselle. To me, this is such calming and peaceful scent. Sometimes I put this on right before going to bed and it really calms me down.
First, I tried the EDT version at the Nordstrom and did not like it at all--it was just way too sweet for me and was overwhelmed by its "flat" strong sweetness. Then, at Sephora, I tried the EDP and wow, what a HUGE difference!! The EDP is million times better--the scent has more depth & complexity to it and much more "intriguing" and mysterious. It has great staying power. Very memorable and striking scent yet elegant & very feminine at the same time. BLUE butterfly rules :)

on 10/15/2008 3:02:00 PM

Use this religiously. It's my signature scent. ;) Love it!!

on 9/19/2008 3:33:00 AM

This is such a different smell; very rich but not too overpowering. It is very sweet and rich so a little spray goes a long way; and it hangs around for quite a while. Think I'll have to wear it for a while to decide whether I like it enough to keep wearing it.

on 7/27/2008 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I really love Hanae Mori. I smell woods, almond, berries powder and musk, I don't really smell any vanilla. Very pleasing, pretty and inoffensive. I honestly can't imagine many people disliking this fragrance, even if they wouldn't wear it themselves. It's soft without being watery or anemic, and sweet without being sickening. Beautiful fragrance that just makes me feel pretty.

on 7/24/2008 1:24:00 PM

LOVE this scent. A tiny spritz goes a long way, and the length of time that this fragrance lasts is wonderful. When I go to bed at night, I can still smell a faint lingering whiff of this EDP.

I purchased the 1oz bottle at Sephora ($65), and love the entire turn of the perfume. The initial spritz (warm, sweet, dry), the dry down (warm, sweet, dry, and a bit - oriental - ?) and also the last lingering part of the parfum when the drydown is almost gone and the intensity of the scent is hard to detect unless in neck or wrist sniffing distance.

The scent is as beautiful as the bottle.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

At first spray, this was VERY sweet on me. All smelled was sugar. After giving it a few minutes, the sweetness dies down, and I could smell a bit of the almonds, and a bit of fruit, sandalwood. Very powdery, but actually kind of pleasant after drydown (and I'm not a fan of overly sweet perfumes like Pink Sugar).

on 6/6/2008 2:29:00 PM

I bought this totally unsniffed based on reviews--I love it. It's sweet and creamy, oriental and woodsy.

on 6/1/2008 10:42:00 PM

Mmmmm. I love this perfume! I was introduced to it as I walked through Macy's one day. Usually I ignore the ladies spraying perfume on little pieces of paper, but when I caught a whiff of this, I was hooked! It definitely has a sweetness to it. To me it smells a bit like vanilla, apricot, and cotton candy. It smells sensual and feminine, and I just love spraying it on in the morning.

Fragrance is a very person thing...I'm sure this could smell different on everybody and not everyone will enjoy it....but for me it's amazing.

Something else I noticed....I'm a big fan of Lollia's WISH shea butter hand cream, and I think this has a very similar scent!!

on 5/22/2008 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Oh my goodness! All I can say about this is: sweet sugar!
This smells like slightly, just-beginning-to-burn sugar. Like cotton candy! Not at all my thing.

And a word to the wise (a lesson I've learned after way too many failed blind buys) if you're not sure about a fragrance and are ordering online, go ahead and buy a little $2.99 sampler vial first. That will at least seal the deal before you splurge for more and end up getting it and saying, "Yikes! This doesn't smel at all like I hoped it would!"

Sigh...

on 5/4/2008 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

I absolutely love this perfume. I was at Nordstrom's one day and one of the SAs had sprayed this in the air. I was very attracted to the scent, but not the price ($90). So the lady gave me a sample of it. I wore the sample over the next few days and it smelled lovely. It dries down to smell a little like vanilla, but there are not vanilla notes in it. So this is one of my signature scents. I usually purchase it from a fragrance outlet.

Popular Fragrances