October 22, 2014 | 1920 users online

Powder - Sheer Cover - Sheer Cover - Mineral Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2011 4:50:00 AM More reviews by puddin6206

I love this product I tell you what I tried diffrent products so that I would not have to order it with no luck so now I have all these products that don't work and in the long run I end up back with sheer cover I happen to have a touch of redness and some scares witch it covers great and the brushes are the best I would recomend this to anyone

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by jennarock11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is nothing special. I guess i just bought it because im a sucker for info-mertials. Its very light with pretty much no coverage. the colors that i got for medium shades ( buff, latte) were just weird colors. I took a break from this for awhile then went to put it on for the first time in about a month and i wasnt used to seeing the color so i thought it made my face look green. It is fine makeup for people who dont need any coverage and just need a basic healthier look, but for most people, it doesnt really work to well.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2011 3:46:00 AM More reviews by beckyrod

I've been using Sheer Cover for about 5 years, and it was the first makeup I found that matches my fair-medium, warm/yellowish undertoned skin. I use the medium selection, which comes with buff and latte. Buff is a good match for me all year round, but during summer when my skin gets slightly tanned, I like to use the latte as a bronzer. I have very sensitive and acne-prone skin, and this has never made my acne worse or irritated my skin. I've tried other drugstore mineral makeup, such as Maybelline and Loreal, and they irritated my face and made me break out. I do have to blot often due to my oiliness, and it doesn't last me all day. Towards the end of the day you can notice the powder starting to crease and set into any fine lines. I do NOT recommend ordering from the website or infomercials. You will get locked into monthly payments, and they keep sending and charging you for new kits before you even finish what you have. Now that I know my shade, I order from ebay and amazon. I pay about $15 a powder, and the powder usually lasts me 4-6 months. All in all, I recommend trying this if you know your shades and order from ebay or amazon, or can find it cheap anywhere else.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2011 5:06:00 AM More reviews by dellaelvina

I've used several mineral products before but this was the first one I've used. At first it was great and I had some people complementing my skin. But then I wanted to try other mineral products and see how it differs, now that I compare it, it's not much different to the others I've used that's cheaper. All the mineral foundations I've used does not last all day since my skin tend to get very oily in some areas.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Amomof5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Used it for a while and made my skin itch. I don't ever use it anymore because of that. Didn't do anything spectacular.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by JataLynn

Its too expensive and doesn't do what was promised. Barely any coverage and makes my skin look oily. Bad

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by makeupis4everyone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a man and with some acne scaring. I normally use Bare Minerals, which gives me a nice, even skin tone without looking like I have caked on makeup. The Sheer Cover has a strange smell that reminds me of a old lady. It's a "cheep makeup" smell that is quite strong. Also I did not find the coverage as even and light as Bare Minerals. With this I can tell tell that I have makeup on, whereas BM just evens-out my skin.I also found it hard to find the specific product (mainly just the foundation) I wanted without buying a whole kit, full of things I will not use. I did not like that I had to mix shades to get my color. Bare Minerals goes on right out of the container and evenly matches my skin tone without any fuss. If you are a Bare Minerals user, I say stick with it. This dose not even come close, it's more comparable to Wet N' Wilde then a high-end foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by JACsMama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this as an alternative to my Bare Minerals, which I swore by! The infomercial looked promising so I decided to order it. I really wanted to love this product but I just couldn't. The first thing that got to me was the smell, it smelled horrible, like really cheap makeup. I could't get the coverage that it promised either. And unlike my usual mineral makeup, it felt so cakey on my skin like I was wearing liquid foundation. Halfway through the day it looked even worse. I live in NC so the humidity in the summer is killer and this makeup just could not hold up in it at all. It was even more cakey than when I put it on. I think the thing I couldn't get over though was the smell. I just couldn't stand it. The only thing I liked was the brushes that came with it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2011 1:10:00 AM More reviews by GreenEyedLady

The foundation colors were a better match for my skin and they provided coverage without looking powdery. Easy to apply. I liked Sheer Cover better than Bare Minerals.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by KB0113

Strayed away from bare escentuals for one minute...and regretted it. This product is nowhere near as good. It had NO coverage at all. The only thing i DID find useful were the brushes, which i've kept. Do not recommend this product.