September 16, 2014 | 1475 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Boots - No7 Soft and Sheer Tinted Moisturiser

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Tiya_Archer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this product. I bought this in Fair and even though it looks a tad more warm than I usually use, it still works really well for me. (My Prescriptives foundation color match is Rose -- so I'm a bit on the pink side with foundations). I wanted to find something for days where I didn't want a heavier makeup look -- much more natural look. This does the trick perfectly -- I wouldn't want any less coverage, and I don't seem to need more. There is just enough coverage to even my skin out. I put a lightweight powder on top and I'm good to go all day. I feel this has a bit more coverage than what I would call a tinted moisturizer, but I haven't really tried many other tinted moisturizers -- so perhaps I'm not the best judge of that. I've always been one to like a more "made-up" look. The color selection seems sparce, but this is light enough coverage to blend in with my skin. I find that I only have to be more careful with color selection when looking at foundations that provide more coverage.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This stuff is terrible. I ventured into Target looking for Sonia Kashuk's tinted moisturizer. But since those were all sold out, I decided to try this instead. And oh boy, what a mistake! There were only 3 shades, so I went with medium, which looked to be a little too light. When I first applied it, not only did it not do a single thing for my skin, it also slightly stung! I told myself that it couldn't be the TM, since no other product has ever had that effect on my skin. The worst thing of all is that a few hours later, when I was at work, I removed a white sweater I was wearing and it left a huge brown streak on my collar! So not only is this TM less than mediocre, it is also extremely transferable. Ugh. I returned it the next day. Save your $12 and buy a tube of Covergirl Aqua Smoothers Tinted Moisturizer instead...now THAT stuff is really good.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2009 5:55:00 PM More reviews by kinesis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this because Paula Begoun gave it incredible reviews (along with a number of other No 7 foundation products).

Since buying it, I have tried to wear it on, probably half a dozen occasions. Every single time the same thing has happened - namely that I left home feeling like I was looking OK - skin feeling OK though not amazing. By the time I have arrived at my destination, I already was feeling like the foundation was caking and a quick mirror inspection also revealled that the colour had darkened and my pores were wide-open.

Then, over the course of the next 10-30 minutes I have basically taken the entire face off, first by gentle "blotting" with a tissue (thinking that excess moisture is the issue and will leave me feeling fresher) but as this caused the foundation just to cake and patch more, I have wound up taking the whole lot off.

My skin is on the dry side, so I would have thought that if anything it would have dealt with this foundation, but I guess not. In the few minutes before leaving the house I thought that the consistency was watery but OK when applied with a finger (couldn't use a foundation brush though - this made for streaky-horror-hell) and the colour quite nice. But to arrive at your destination looking and feeling like your foundation was staging a mutiny is never a good thing.

In short - I've gotten rid of the remainder of the tube and won't be going anywhere *near* this again in the future. I'm sure it works for some people, but I am *not* one of those people. Shame though, because it is well-priced and I do like to support local.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2009 10:58:00 AM More reviews by TRIPPIN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this at Shoppers Drug Mart (Canada) after the cosmetician recommended it, saying how popular it was. She told me one of her customers bought it and returned to the store with a friend who wanted one. I put a small amount on my fingers then rub all over my face, as you would with a regular moisturizer. The result is a nice even glow with a hint of color; it looks very natural. It doesn't feel greasy at all; in fact, it feels good on my skin which is fairly dry. I am an NC20 in Mac foundations and the color "Fair" is perfect for me. I'll buy more as soon as they go on sale again. The regular price is $17 which is a bit high for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2009 7:34:00 PM More reviews by LL100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an OK tinted moisture. The moisture part is pretty good - It leaves sort of a dewy finish. Not for oily types as it feels a bit rich. The tinted part is sheer, yet somehow not the easiest to blend. For a drug store brand, it's slightly on the pricey side.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2009 1:11:00 PM More reviews by simplicityx3

This is my first tinted moisturizer, and i have to say it's a little bit cakey for my taste. I do not need much coverage and i wanted a little bit more of the moisturizing effect than the coverage. it is okay, I'll probably be trying something else though.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2009 9:39:00 AM More reviews by Bubica70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I removed a lippie, as this IS a bit thick for my tastes as well as a trifle matte; however, blended with a luminizer (I use LM's TM in Bare Radiance, too shiny on its own) this gives a perfect lift to the skin. But I do wish I could find a TM that would do everything at once, and that I didn't have to play household chemist.

EDIT: Chalky and gave me two massive volcanic zits. I do not get zits. Into the dustbin! I have switched to Roche-Posay Hydreane Teinte and am in clover.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2009 10:58:00 PM More reviews by vanillafuzz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This was way too greasy and heavy for my skin. By mid-afternoon my looked very greasy and oily.

I ended up returning it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2009 11:29:00 AM More reviews by SophiePinkCheeks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a really great tinted moisturizer. I used to love Laura Mercier, but to get something comparable for a quarter of the price is simply a steal! The coverage is perfect for summer. It leaves me with a nice even glowy look. Outstanding.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2009 1:38:00 AM More reviews by kristina10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this is decent. leaves my skin a little oily/heavy feeling. not so sheer or soft. irritates my skin at times. would not buy again.