April 23, 2014 | 1468 users online

Bronzers - Tarte - Park Avenue Princess

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Sparkylarky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't normally wear bronzer but this was included in a kit I bought from sephora. This bronzer has actually changed my mind about bronzers. Livens up my fair face and I'm able to co tour my cheekbones with it. Use a light hand because it's heavily pigmented. Worth the $ and another great natural product from tarte.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Tifmcd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my HG bronzer. I use it for contour and I couldn't be more pleased. No shimmer. Not orange. Just perfect!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by sabzter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wowww, I have been looking for a glowy bronzer like this one for my yellowy south-asian complexion for a loooooong time. After purchasing and returning bronzers numerous times, this time I went into sephora and went from one brand to another swatching the colors on the top of my hands. Tarte's was the only one that had yellow in it and I figured it would make me look very naturally tanned and glowy. I love the metallic it has in it----so pretty and absolutely luminous!!!! Just be careful about putting too much on your nose because that's what I did in the store when I was trying it on and it looked really funny when I got to my car and checked it out. I know everyone's obsessed with Nars Laguna, but after swatching it on my hand, I knew it was going to look really "muddy" on my face. If you have a lot of yellow, light olive tones in your skin, this is the perfect bronzer. It looks super natural and very unlike snooki. I haven't tried the matte version of this, but I'm not a fan of matte bronzers anyway since they almost always are patchy on the face and hard to blend. I must say, however, that out of all the matte bronzers I swatched, I liked this one the most. But nothing can compare to the luminous glow that the original brings to the face----it's just stunning.
UPDATE: I've been noticing breakouts everytime I wear this. When I stop wearing it, they're gone. This is an extreme disappointment considering that I thought Tarte was all about non-pore clogging ingredients. Sadly, this will be going back to Sephora. =(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by nbetterbid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Finally, a great matte bronzer! I have the matte version of this bronzer which also happens to be the lightest one in the three I've seen them have. The thing I love most about this is that it's completely matte. Not sparkly at all. I don't know about anyone else, but I HATE having sparkles on my entire face. I feel like I look like Edward Cullen when I go out in the sun. Anyway I am extremely fair skinned. To the point that I literally use the lightest foundation color (NC-15). This bronzer is great for me because it's not too dark for my fair skin. I like the look of being tan and this doesn't come up orange or dirty brown on me. It goes on pretty smooth and evenly if you have the right brush. I will definitely be re-buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2011 1:33:00 PM More reviews by TaylorEsq

I think this is my HG bronzer! It gives me a very natural sun kissed glow. It's not too orange, not too brown, and not too sparkly. I was using NARS Laguna but that was too dark and sparkly for me. PAP is just perfect! Love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 9:05:00 PM More reviews by alismi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like to use this bronzer to contour my pale face. It doesn't make me look orange at all, which I was really worried about when using it for the first time. I'm not an avid bronzer user, but would like to be. So for now, I will be trying others, but if I do not find any HG bronzer, I would definitely re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 3:50:00 AM More reviews by SharonWT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is absolutely a lovely bronzer.
However, it can be a bit much. It has a beautiful golden sheen so you shouldn't pile too much on. I use it more as a golden highlighter or use just the taddest bit as a bronzer. I prefer matte bronzers more.
You can end up looking metallic with this so be careful.
I love it but am very careful with it.
It's definitely something u should try before u buy.
I give it a 5/5 because it's has wonderful pigmentation and looks wonderful if u put it on right.
I'd repurchase if I ever ran out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2011 10:39:00 AM More reviews by heavenscent1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the PERFECT winter bronzer for ladies with fair skin! It is a really pretty, golden light-bronze. It adds a nice glow to my pasty winter complexion, and I wear it pretty much everyday despite having dozens of bronzers. It's nice because it adds life to your skin without making you look like you are wearing bronzer, know what I mean? It has a nice sheen, but no glitter. I will keep using this as long as they make it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 9:04:00 AM More reviews by luckystarre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've never been much of a bronzer girl - I am very fair and usually bronzer is a big Heck No for me. However, I got this product in a Tarte gift pack for Christmas and I absolutely love it. I've been wearing it almost everyday since I got it. It isn't orange or fake-looking; it just adds a subtle warmth to my features. It isn't too shimmery either so it's perfect for day or night.

I would recommend this product to girls who haven't dabbled in bronzers before (me), haven't found a bronzer that worked for them or looked natural, or for someone who is looking to try Tarte products for the first time.

I have used Tarte products before (mainly lip) and haven't loved them, but this bronzer has made be rethink the line.

My only critique is that there isn't much product for the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2010 2:19:00 PM More reviews by dollirium

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a shimmery all natural mineral bronzer. I noticed it performs best on bare skin. The texture is divine-soft and easy to blend. It is not noticeably too orange but the shade can be improved upon. On the sephora site they describe the shade as a highly pearled light yellow gold. I see the gold but it mainly appears rusty to me with A LOT of shimmer AND glitter..Its pretty when applied subtly, but I lost it recently and found I don't really miss it.