October 31, 2014 | 1559 users online

Bronzers - Tarte - Park Avenue Princess

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! I think this is the best bronzer I've ever used...and I've been using bronzer since I was in high school...lol. I've tried everything, Benefit Hoola, Guerlain Terracotta, Bare Minerals, GLO minerals, etc. But this is the best. It's matte, waterproof and gives a perfect glowy tanlook to your skin. Perfectly golden-brown. It's not orange or muddy at all. It contains no sparkle (although I believe they have a version with shimmer to it if you prefer) and I love what the Tarte brand stands for (natural, vegan etc.). It's never broken me out, and I tend to get clogged pores easily, or irritated my sensitive skin. Plus, it's heavily pigmented so a little goes a long way. I have light olive skin and I can wear this year round depending on how heavy my hand is. Definitely a re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by OliveButtercup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was really hesitant about this bronzer because I like a slight shimmer and the regular version was too shimmery and I was scared the matte would look muddy. I opted for the matte since I use bronzer mostly for contouring. Once I got home and tried it out on my face, I loved it! It's super smooth and blendable. It goes on really nice and you only need a little bit on your brush but you can also build up the color if you want. Perfect for countouring and I can use my regular highlighter over it so I don't even miss the shimmer. The little gold leather case is cute too.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by bribri123

this is the best bronzer i have ever tried! other bronzers make my face look blunt and muddy, but this one gives me a natural glow. I got this for christmas in a tarte kit and i haven't stopped using it since! it has a satin finish i would say. It adds defenition to the face while giving a totally natural glow. i'm pretty pale and it never looks muddy! I love it so much and can't wait to purchase the full size! the packaging looks absolutely adorable!

Update I felt like my skin looked extra pale one day so I applied a light layer all over and I TURNED ORANGE! Beware if you apply too much it will make you look orange!!! Because it is kinda of an orange toned bronzer... now I'm not think about repurchasing I might try Nars Laguna

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 11:34:00 PM More reviews by KatieLuvsLife1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I have tried many bronzers including Benefit's Hoola, Laura Geller's bronze-n-brightens, and tons of other popular bronzers that look absolutely adorable in the packaging. This is the only bronzer i have ever had that i actually wanted to purchase another right away. Usually when i finish a product, even if it's a decent product i usually like to move on and try something new. But this tarte bronzer is lovely, perfect amount of pigment, it just makes me glow. I believe i received this as an extra in a swap, so i initially thought that it would be a cheapy crap product (just because people don't usually send nice expensive EXTRAS) I was wrong, this is an amazing product! And the packaging is great, very easy to just grab swirl and apply. I recommend trying this product :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2011 4:19:00 PM More reviews by nLkky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent bronzer. It's a nice warm terracotta brown with no shimmer. It is also matte which is a big plus. It glides on evenly and never goes orange. The pan is also pretty large. I've been using mine for close to a year and there is barely a dip in the center. The compact itself is typical to tarte, covered cardboard, but it is rather thick cardboard so it's help up pretty well. However if you do pan to carry this in a purse, you might have an issue.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Sparkylarky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't normally wear bronzer but this was included in a kit I bought from sephora. This bronzer has actually changed my mind about bronzers. Livens up my fair face and I'm able to co tour my cheekbones with it. Use a light hand because it's heavily pigmented. Worth the $ and another great natural product from tarte.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Tifmcd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my HG bronzer. I use it for contour and I couldn't be more pleased. No shimmer. Not orange. Just perfect!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by sabzter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wowww, I have been looking for a glowy bronzer like this one for my yellowy south-asian complexion for a loooooong time. After purchasing and returning bronzers numerous times, this time I went into sephora and went from one brand to another swatching the colors on the top of my hands. Tarte's was the only one that had yellow in it and I figured it would make me look very naturally tanned and glowy. I love the metallic it has in it----so pretty and absolutely luminous!!!! Just be careful about putting too much on your nose because that's what I did in the store when I was trying it on and it looked really funny when I got to my car and checked it out. I know everyone's obsessed with Nars Laguna, but after swatching it on my hand, I knew it was going to look really "muddy" on my face. If you have a lot of yellow, light olive tones in your skin, this is the perfect bronzer. It looks super natural and very unlike snooki. I haven't tried the matte version of this, but I'm not a fan of matte bronzers anyway since they almost always are patchy on the face and hard to blend. I must say, however, that out of all the matte bronzers I swatched, I liked this one the most. But nothing can compare to the luminous glow that the original brings to the face----it's just stunning.
UPDATE: I've been noticing breakouts everytime I wear this. When I stop wearing it, they're gone. This is an extreme disappointment considering that I thought Tarte was all about non-pore clogging ingredients. Sadly, this will be going back to Sephora. =(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by nbetterbid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Finally, a great matte bronzer! I have the matte version of this bronzer which also happens to be the lightest one in the three I've seen them have. The thing I love most about this is that it's completely matte. Not sparkly at all. I don't know about anyone else, but I HATE having sparkles on my entire face. I feel like I look like Edward Cullen when I go out in the sun. Anyway I am extremely fair skinned. To the point that I literally use the lightest foundation color (NC-15). This bronzer is great for me because it's not too dark for my fair skin. I like the look of being tan and this doesn't come up orange or dirty brown on me. It goes on pretty smooth and evenly if you have the right brush. I will definitely be re-buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2011 1:33:00 PM More reviews by TaylorEsq

I think this is my HG bronzer! It gives me a very natural sun kissed glow. It's not too orange, not too brown, and not too sparkly. I was using NARS Laguna but that was too dark and sparkly for me. PAP is just perfect! Love it!!