Tarte Park Avenue Princess

4.2

Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Zinc Stearate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Corn Starch, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Dimethicone, Triethylhexanoin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour, Phenoxyethanol, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Mica. ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Tin Oxide (CI 77861).

on 8/3/2011 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wonderful bronzer with a wee bit of shimmer. Perfect deep brown tone, that works well on cooler skin tones. Complete and utter lack of orange in this which is great. Stays on forever and the case is pretty and portable. No scent.

on 7/29/2011 3:44:00 AM

Amazing bronzer! It's the perfect color with the right amount of shimmer in it, so it gives a great glow to your cheeks. I don't use bronzers to contour because my face is too small already, lol.. so I often use them as a blush instead or to give my face some color. I love this bronzer more than Nars Laguna & Stila 01 bronzer because this comes off as a true golden brown, perfect for my NC25-NC30 skin tone. Definitely NOT orange like the Stila one and not too dark/muddy like Laguna. I got this as a free sample that came along with a set from QVC, but when I run out I will definitely repurchase even if it's quite on the pricey side. Oh, and I believe Tarte does not test on animals, which I love :)

on 7/4/2011 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This bronzer makes my skin look amazing and natural and glowy (but not over the top). The color is natural and flattering. It just blends into your skin SO well and meshes with the other makeup I've applied. I've never seen a bronzer that is this beautiful.

I have fair-medium warm toned skin, but I think this color would work well on many skin tones. The color is subtle, but definately enough to make your skin look healthy and give it color. I usually apply it on my nose, forehead, chin and neck.

The second best part is that there's no parabens/pthalates/sulfates etc in this, and it's cruelty free- so you're actually putting something on your face that's good and looks amazing.

The only drawback is price. I will keep on buying it though because it makes my skin look so healthy and natural, it's hard to say no to that :).

on 6/20/2011 4:03:00 PM

LOVE this bronzer! I've tried several and they were either too muddy looking or had too much shimmer. This is the absolute perfect combination of both color and shimmer. I have dark hair and eyes, with light olive skin and it's perfect on me. It provides a very natural-looking glow and I love that Tarte tries to use pure, good-for-the-skin ingredients.

UPDATE: I purchased this because Tarte promotes their products as being all natural. However, this is rated 9 on EWG's Cosmetic Database (actually, the Hotel Heiress shade is, but I'm assuming that this shade must be close). I'm so disappointed! I really like this particular shade as well as the subtle shimmer, but I won't be purchasing it again.

on 6/11/2011 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I love this stuff! I think this is the best bronzer I've ever used...and I've been using bronzer since I was in high school...lol. I've tried everything, Benefit Hoola, Guerlain Terracotta, Bare Minerals, GLO minerals, etc. But this is the best. It's matte, waterproof and gives a perfect glowy tanlook to your skin. Perfectly golden-brown. It's not orange or muddy at all. It contains no sparkle (although I believe they have a version with shimmer to it if you prefer) and I love what the Tarte brand stands for (natural, vegan etc.). It's never broken me out, and I tend to get clogged pores easily, or irritated my sensitive skin. Plus, it's heavily pigmented so a little goes a long way. I have light olive skin and I can wear this year round depending on how heavy my hand is. Definitely a re-purchase!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I was really hesitant about this bronzer because I like a slight shimmer and the regular version was too shimmery and I was scared the matte would look muddy. I opted for the matte since I use bronzer mostly for contouring. Once I got home and tried it out on my face, I loved it! It's super smooth and blendable. It goes on really nice and you only need a little bit on your brush but you can also build up the color if you want. Perfect for countouring and I can use my regular highlighter over it so I don't even miss the shimmer. The little gold leather case is cute too.

on 5/15/2011 3:52:00 PM

this is the best bronzer i have ever tried! other bronzers make my face look blunt and muddy, but this one gives me a natural glow. I got this for christmas in a tarte kit and i haven't stopped using it since! it has a satin finish i would say. It adds defenition to the face while giving a totally natural glow. i'm pretty pale and it never looks muddy! I love it so much and can't wait to purchase the full size! the packaging looks absolutely adorable!

Update I felt like my skin looked extra pale one day so I applied a light layer all over and I TURNED ORANGE! Beware if you apply too much it will make you look orange!!! Because it is kinda of an orange toned bronzer... now I'm not think about repurchasing I might try Nars Laguna

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have tried many bronzers including Benefit's Hoola, Laura Geller's bronze-n-brightens, and tons of other popular bronzers that look absolutely adorable in the packaging. This is the only bronzer i have ever had that i actually wanted to purchase another right away. Usually when i finish a product, even if it's a decent product i usually like to move on and try something new. But this tarte bronzer is lovely, perfect amount of pigment, it just makes me glow. I believe i received this as an extra in a swap, so i initially thought that it would be a cheapy crap product (just because people don't usually send nice expensive EXTRAS) I was wrong, this is an amazing product! And the packaging is great, very easy to just grab swirl and apply. I recommend trying this product :)

on 4/13/2011 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is an excellent bronzer. It's a nice warm terracotta brown with no shimmer. It is also matte which is a big plus. It glides on evenly and never goes orange. The pan is also pretty large. I've been using mine for close to a year and there is barely a dip in the center. The compact itself is typical to tarte, covered cardboard, but it is rather thick cardboard so it's help up pretty well. However if you do pan to carry this in a purse, you might have an issue.

on 4/4/2011 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I don't normally wear bronzer but this was included in a kit I bought from sephora. This bronzer has actually changed my mind about bronzers. Livens up my fair face and I'm able to co tour my cheekbones with it. Use a light hand because it's heavily pigmented. Worth the $ and another great natural product from tarte.

Popular Bronzers