November 23, 2014 | 1997 users online

Skincare - Body - Dr. Bronner's - Lavender Liquid Soap

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2009 3:25:00 AM More reviews by sunshinelaur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love it as a body wash... except for the smell! I'd get the mint kind again (if it didn't burn sensitive areas!). It dries my hair out when I try to sub it for my regular shampoo, but its a nice body wash that gets me clean with no chemicals. Foams up only a little, but it still does the job, getting you squeaky clean. Will definitely try the almond next time. Make a nice brush cleaner, too! It's very cost effective in terms of the amount you get, since a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2009 3:20:00 AM More reviews by tojoyamoto

I love it! This is a wonderful product that cleans well without being harsh or drying. The product is not tested on animals, is fair trade and is made of natural ingredients.

I've used the soap shampoo (but I still use conditioner), body wash, bathroom cleaner (dilute it in a spray bottle with vinegar or baking soda), face wash (in a pinch, but it works), a makeup brush cleaner (a little diluted), baby shampoo and body wash (a little diluted), puppy dog shampoo (diluted since animals are sensitive to essential oils), as a bath soak, in a foot soak, in the humidifier, in the soap dispensers in the bathroom.You can even use it in an automatic dishwasher and in the washing machine! How multi-purpose!!

The scent is wonderful, and lavender is a natural antiseptic.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2009 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Morganna777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Don't let the lack of glamour packaging fool you , this cleanser is great for your face too ! BEST

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2009 8:13:00 AM More reviews by calzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is AMAZING!!

I have used Dr. Bronner's products for several years, but recently I have been able to enjoy them even more!

If you want a great lather for hand soap, body soap, shaving etc. what I have found out is that you should put about 3 parts water and 1 part of the liquid soap into a FOAMING HAND SOAP CONTAINER.

It will extend the life of your soap supply, and you'll love the texture. Even thought this stuff may cost 15 dollars up front, it seriously lasts at least 6 months if you use it properly.

Warning!!: DO NOT USE THIS STUFF WITHOUT DILUTING IT. It's meant to be mixed with water, so don't be surprised if you experience sensitive skin if you don't dilute! 3 parts water to one part soap at minimum.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2009 9:10:00 PM More reviews by bellhead

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Other

Dr. Bronner's lavender liquid soap lathers up very nicely so a little goes a long way. I tried this on my hair with so-so results. Unlike some reviews my skin didn't have any issues such as dryness after using this soap. After showering with this soap I follow up with shea butter as a body moisturizer. Shea butter is ultra moisturizing and great for combating dryness especially during the colder months. This soap can be very drying if used in its pure and undiluted form.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2009 1:54:00 PM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this for everything, body and house! I even clean my car with it.

My skin is very sensitive to soaps, so I try to only use natural soaps on my skin to avoid rashes and such. This doesn't irritate my skin at all, and when I use it to wash my face, it actually removes all my makeup! I don't find it drying at all. It does make hair feel a little weird after washing, but it's still a nice squeaky-clean feeling, and conditioner removes tangles and such, so it's not a problem.The lavender scent is my favorite because it's really light, and it's a relaxing scent. I also use the Tea Tree one for my car and stuff, but I can't use it on my body because the smell is unpleasant for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2009 2:49:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is your basic liquid soap that lathers ok, and leaves skin fresh and clean but not stripped of its moisture. Its alot better than other drugstore brands, Nothing fancy but I'm leaning more towards organic products and this just does great for the price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2009 8:12:00 PM More reviews by shelju

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been wanting to try castille soap after reading all the rave reviews here on MUA. I purchased a small bottle of the lavender to bathe with. I found that this soap lathers very well and a little goes a really long way BUT this soap left my skin very dry and set my "world" on FIRE!!! Soo needless to say I will not be using this again as a body wash and dare not wash my hair with it. I have not yet used it as a household cleanser but would love it if it worked for that purpose.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2009 8:20:00 AM More reviews by ias23

i just got the sample one.. when i bought this, i didnt try it coz i dont knw where can i use this so it just stocked on my cabinet, but then when i read abt the good reviews here i tried it right away on my face, my first wash was totally great.. i felt the softness on my skin and it really cleansed my face, it can removes my makeup well..plus it didnt caused me any breakouts.. i also used this as my body wash and it didnt dried my skin.. i used this on my hair, it gave me a clarifying effect, it removes build ups well.. and what i really like abt this is the ingredients, no chemicals,no parabens just pure stuffs.. actually this was the time i've been concious and be an organic junkie..
so after the good effects on me,i used this everyday, i did what it supposed to be for like a week or two, but after few more weeks my skin started to dried out, even if i use it every other day same thing happened, i wanted to ignore that but it really caused sensitivity on my skin..when i stopped using it my skin back to normal.. too bad..
so now i use this to clean my makeup brushes, my hair comb and brush, it cleans them very well and easy plus it makes my makeup brushes soft..
i havnt tried it yet as to clean some other stuffs so i dont know but i think it will do great..
the smell is so so for me,i think peppermint is more lovely..
i still have this sample and it's still almost full.. so it's really a long term use.. plus affordable for a multi purpose product..

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2009 1:08:00 PM More reviews by malika

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great bathroom staple. You can use it to wash everything in the bathroom after your shower. Strong enough to eliminate odorss yet mild enough for kids. I just don't know how it got to be so expensive now that it is sold at whole foods. You can still catch it at national wholesale liquidators for cheap!