April 16, 2014 | 942 users online

Skincare - Body - Dr. Bronner's - Lavender Liquid Soap

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2009 8:12:00 PM More reviews by shelju

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been wanting to try castille soap after reading all the rave reviews here on MUA. I purchased a small bottle of the lavender to bathe with. I found that this soap lathers very well and a little goes a really long way BUT this soap left my skin very dry and set my "world" on FIRE!!! Soo needless to say I will not be using this again as a body wash and dare not wash my hair with it. I have not yet used it as a household cleanser but would love it if it worked for that purpose.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2009 8:20:00 AM More reviews by ias23

i just got the sample one.. when i bought this, i didnt try it coz i dont knw where can i use this so it just stocked on my cabinet, but then when i read abt the good reviews here i tried it right away on my face, my first wash was totally great.. i felt the softness on my skin and it really cleansed my face, it can removes my makeup well..plus it didnt caused me any breakouts.. i also used this as my body wash and it didnt dried my skin.. i used this on my hair, it gave me a clarifying effect, it removes build ups well.. and what i really like abt this is the ingredients, no chemicals,no parabens just pure stuffs.. actually this was the time i've been concious and be an organic junkie..
so after the good effects on me,i used this everyday, i did what it supposed to be for like a week or two, but after few more weeks my skin started to dried out, even if i use it every other day same thing happened, i wanted to ignore that but it really caused sensitivity on my skin..when i stopped using it my skin back to normal.. too bad..
so now i use this to clean my makeup brushes, my hair comb and brush, it cleans them very well and easy plus it makes my makeup brushes soft..
i havnt tried it yet as to clean some other stuffs so i dont know but i think it will do great..
the smell is so so for me,i think peppermint is more lovely..
i still have this sample and it's still almost full.. so it's really a long term use.. plus affordable for a multi purpose product..

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2009 1:08:00 PM More reviews by malika

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great bathroom staple. You can use it to wash everything in the bathroom after your shower. Strong enough to eliminate odorss yet mild enough for kids. I just don't know how it got to be so expensive now that it is sold at whole foods. You can still catch it at national wholesale liquidators for cheap!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2009 2:42:00 PM More reviews by lalaland

I heard about Dr. Bronner's before I went "all natural" because somebody recommended it to my bf, I think for his hair or something. After reading about it I was intrigued but never thought of purchasing it for myself until I wanted to rid myself of toxic products. I got rid of like 10 products and replaced them all with three Dr. Bronner's soaps, including this one. I use this one for laundry, cleaning and body wash primarily because of the scent and that it is liquid. I love lavender so I cannot speak for the scent since that will be biased. It is not mixed with other scents so you will get strictly lavender. I heard that you should dilute it, but since I use it on laundry I really do not have to do it for that since I use very little. For body wash I add a few drops to a wascloth or loofah and lather with water. I love the versatility and how pure the ingredients are. Great for after the gym!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2009 3:14:00 PM More reviews by ollykat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A fantastic product with a multitude of uses. I use the peppermint in the laundry or bath, as well as for hands. During last Christmas, we had brought in our tree and trimmed branches off. Of course when you do that, you always end up with a bunch of sap on your hands that is impossible to get off unless you have some of that heavy duty stuff that mechanics use.... yuck. This washed the sap off pronto, with no scrubbing, or other ridiculous antics. Also used a small dab on a pot my son had used to fry fish in, dissolved the oil and grunge at the bottom instantly. I use the lavendar for laundry, bath, face (diluted), dishes, fabric refresher (again diluted), and even in my Hoover Floor Mate! I also use this soap in the kitchen and bathroom diluted and mixed with hydrogen peroxide for a non-chemical way to clean and sanitize it. I use this in the tub with a microfiber cloth and have rid myself of all those pesky bumps of my legs, arms, and back, too!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2009 8:09:00 PM More reviews by lesliexyang

I LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

in love? yes i am. i use this for a lot of things now :) i used it to clean my tub, toilet, countertops, stove, makeup brushes, beauty sponge, and to remove my makeup!!!

does it work? yes it does!

i love that you can dilute this stuff and it works wonders.

well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2009 6:13:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

This soap is amazing! It suds up so well, and the smell is ridiculous! My true love for body soap! Everyone says their favorite scent is Peppermint, in this line but Lavender is the best! It doesn't dry out your skin, even in the winter time. Really fragrant and lovely. It doesn't make you smell like a hippy but its organic and biodegradable! The best thing to do is to dilute this soap. Its so concentrated. You can really make this last and stretch this out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2009 12:52:00 AM More reviews by Kiannamia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on sale at my local organic food store. Paid $6.99 for a 16 oz bottle. Lavender scent is light and relaxing. The suds from this soap is mild and very refreshing. My skin felt light and clean. I recommend this product and would definitely buy more. I currently use Aveda skin cleanser I think I paid $29 for a 5 oz bottle (guesstimate). I love the fresh scent of aveda products but I like the price of Dr. Bronner's. Their website offers monthly specials as well. Checkout www.drbronner.com for more info.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2009 9:44:00 PM More reviews by caroleeena

After using this stuff, I can't go back to other soaps and body washes. I just don't feel quite as clean when I use anything else. I love the REAL lavender smell, and the fact that it doesn't have a huge list of chemicals that I'm putting on my skin. I react easily to artificial colors and fragrances, and this stuff doesn't have them, so there's nothing to fear there. My only complaint is that it dries me out a little bit, but that's fine with me, because using lotion is better than feeling greasy after a shower.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by missweetp

Yum. I love that this is gentle, doesn't contain the potentially harmful ingredients many cosmetics contain and is not tested on animals. Lovely lavender smell, not too sweet. The container is a bit of a drag because it often gets plugged, but that is remedied easily enough - I use a hair clip to poke through the gunk. I also like peppermint, rose and unscented (I haven't tried any other scents), but I like lavender best. I use Dr. Bronner's liquid soaps in the shower (I shave with them actually) and as hand soap. I like the weird, eccentric rant on the simple purple and white label.