December 22, 2014 | 920 users online

Cleansers - Fresh - Soy Face Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Parpar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

Me: young 20 year old with sensitive skin, prone to oily skin, enlarged pores, some milia type acne, whiteheads (only with bad diet). :P

I believe I got introduced to this a year ago, and I have been using it religiously for 8-10 months, if not more. I used to use it twice a day, but it's expensive for a student like me. It's $44 in Canadian Sephora stores, and I haven't found anyplace else here in Vancouver that sells Fresh products. Currently I rinse my face in the morning with just water, or unscented dove soap and use this at nights or the days when I wear make-up.

If you have sensitive skin like me which gets flushed red (cheeks) at certain times of the year (winter) or gets blotchy and get not tolerate the most gentle of cleansers (Cetaphil, CeraVe), then you will like this. It does not make me break-out (many things will). I really like this for the fact that it takes off all of my make-up. I did like CeraVe's cleanser, and the consistency was the same as it but the differing factor is the Fresh' will take off all of my pressed powder, mascara and eye liner (kajal). It is gentle enough to use on eyes and if you move your hands in circular motions around them, the make-up will come off very quickly. I especially like this because I don't like using cotton pads or wipes because rubbing your eyes or pulling at them is not good!

This cleanser has a gel-like consistency and smells very Fresh! (no pun intended). It does foam, but it's not excessive because it doesn't have SLS. So if you're one of those people who love foaming cleansers, you may not like this...but for people who have sensitive skin and have tried all of those "gentle" cleansers, you just might. This is a "natural" product that did just what it claimed. I asked the Sephora employee and she said that this is probably the most gentle cleanser they have.

*Tip* I gave the packaging a 5 because some cleansers come in hard containers, and there is still product left inside even when it's "finished." What I do is when nothing comes out, I cut it into 2 or 3 parts and I can easily get 2 or 3 more washes with it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2012 4:03:00 AM More reviews by bubblewarped

I don't know why I haven't repurchased this yet. I'm always on the hunt for new (better) cleansers and using this was one of the few times I remember being pretty damn satisfied with both performance and overall effect on my skin. At $15 for 1.7oz or $38 for 5oz, I guess the ridiculously high price tag has been putting me off -- I keep thinking I'll find something equally effective for less. But I do love this product, no frills or gimmicks (mostly), just a good basic cleanser that removes all traces of makeup and oil without stripping my skin, leaves it feeling silky and hydrated, and seemed to have improved the overall tone and texture of my uneven combination skin. Sometimes I wish it lathered but it massages over skin easily and does the job well. As lots have mentioned, there is a particular smell that took a couple uses to get accustomed to but none of the scent lingers afterward.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2012 10:35:00 AM More reviews by graceface07

I never understood the hype over this product when I used to work at sephora but about 5 years later my skin has changed. I'm 27 now and I am more dry than ever partially from retinol. Loving this cleanser now! I received a sample and after I cleanse my skin feels hydrated and glowy! Even though its a gel I feel like I can get a slight lather. It smells super fresh and cucumbery but it's not overwhelmingly frangranced at all. I believe its the amino acids and meadowfoam seed oil that prevents that tight/dry over cleansed feeling. I can go right over my eyes with this and it whisks away my eye make up. This is a great staple I actually look forward to cleansing my face.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Weird smell that went away quickly. I don't find it any better than my Trader Joe's face soap. I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by coffeedrinker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the perfect mild cleanser for sensitive or dry skin, I use this as my winter cleanser with my clarasonic. Between the two, no more tight itchy feeling!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by odubkids

This face cleanser is nice. I wouldn't repurchase again for two reasons 1) it has a fragrance 2) the price tag. Adding fragrance to makeup and skin-care products is just a marketing tool and it does nothing for your skin -- in fact, fragrances only do harm to your skin and I would prefer a skin-care line that is fragrance free. Second, it is not worth it for me to invest $38 in a CLEANSER, because it simply is being washed down the drain and so my skin is not receiving any benefits no matter what ingredients are in this cleanser. I would rather invest my money in an expensive serum or moisturizer because those you don't wash off.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

I received a small tube of this from Sephora as either a birthday present or a points gift...can't remember. And I really liked it! The smell was very nice and fresh...slightly floral, and the gel lathered up very well. It did take off my makeup, but not so much my eye makeup (the packaging promised it would remove mascara but it didn't) and left my face feeling very clean. If I can fork up the cash, I'd definitely buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by yyou

Amazing product, this is a one of the few "natural" products that actually lives up to it's claim of being a gentle product and is still a very effective cleanser at the same time. Most products that say they are natural and supposedly good for sensitive are not so if you check the ingredient list, the others that are all natural do not clean effectively enough. This product somehow manages to be free of sulfates (a detergent found in most cleanser/shampoos which strips the skin and breaks down it's natural protective barrier) and yet manages to remove all the makeup I'm wearing. I've tried Philosophy Purity (awful, broke me out), Nars Cleansing water (not effective), makeup remover from Dior and Clarins (both pretty good) and this one is my favorite by far.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Amandine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Been using this for a couple of years now, and itís a staple in my skin care regime. I can only use my Clairsonic twice a week because my skin is so sensitive, and this is the only cleanser thatís gentle enough to pair with it or use the day after. Iíve tried other gentle cleansers for sensitive skin, and this is the absolute best. Even Cetiphil irritated my skin and left a burn that took two weeks to clear up. Because of that, I donít mind the $40 price point for this product. You get what you pay for.

It took me a while to figure out how to use this. At first I hated it. It felt slimy, smelled funky, and I felt like it left residue on my skin. Then I watched a video tutorial on the Clairsonic and decided to dust this off and give it another try. The problem was two-fold. 1: I was using way too much product. This has a push top lid, and its really easy to squeeze out too much product. I was using a quarter size amount. Now I use a pea size amount. 2: I applied this to dry skin, which was not optimal. Now I use this in the shower, wet my face, apply a pea size amount to my palm, and lather the product. It wonít actually bubble or suds, but it emulsifies into a very rich and silky feeling product that I massage onto my face. It rinses clean.

When I use my Clairsonic, I apply the product the same way, wet the Clairsonic, and work it over the lather on my face for a maximum of 60 seconds. Even with the sensitive brush head, this makes my skin feel very vulnerable, and it becomes too sensitive to use medicated products for about 24 hours.

About Me: Iím a skin care junkie and like to mix and match my skin care products everyday to use whatever my skin needs at that time. I have very very sensitive skin and suffer from a sun allergy, eczema, and contact dermatitis. When I do break out or have irritation, the dreaded hyperpigmentation follows. So I run the gamut on skin care products on the search for the next big thing that doesnít irritate my skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I got this with the Clarisonic Plus. I've had it for a while, but never tried it. So finally I decide to use it up. The first thing that I noticed is that my face felt tight after using this. After a few days of using this, my skin wasn't looking as good as it normally does. As you use it, it feels pretty good. However after the results are not so good.