Fresh Soy Face Cleanser

3.7

Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Flower Water, Coco Glucoside, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Xanthan Gum, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Germ Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Rose Flower Oil, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Aloe Ferox Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Peg-40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Methylparaben, Sodium Propylparaben, Polysorbate 20, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Peg-35 Castor Oil, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, BHA, BHT.

on 12/24/2013 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This cleanser is gentle and didn't cause irritation or breakouts. However, it doesn't clean my face well at the end of the day, even when I'm not wearing makeup. I need to wash my face three times with this, which defeats the purpose of buying a $38 cleanser. If you're going high-end, other brands offer better cleansers for less.

on 12/6/2013 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I got the little deluxe sample size at the Sephora checkout line just to see why this seemed to be so popular. I have very sensitive skin and about 98% of the skincare products at Sephora are total no-goes for me, but this had a decent ingredient list. It was very gentle on my skin, lightly foamed, and I only needed about a pea size amount for my entire face. It seemed to rinse off clean but did not strip my skin at all. I also really enjoyed the scent and velvety feel to it.

What I didn't like:
This product claims to be both a cleanser AND makeup remover, but I have to say it was a complete fail in removing even light, non-waterproof eye makeup. I don't use eye primer and usually only one or two shadows at a time, but I would still find sparkles and even clearly some eyeshadow left after two cleanses. Non-wp mascara was also left behind in the form of raccoon eyes. My $5 Boots Expert Sensitive Gentle Cleansing wash, however, removes all of my makeup in one go with nothing left behind. If you can afford the full size of this and love it, that's awesome, but it didn't work for me and there are much better, cheaper alternatives that work in all aspects.

on 12/6/2013 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I'm on my third bottle of this cleanser, I really like it! I have oily, slightly acneic skin with blackheads, whiteheads, and occasional pimples. I don't have sensative skin but I chose this product because it has less crazy ingredients than most cleansers. The smell is fine, I don't like or dislike it. It's a faint earthy smell. It lathers ever so slightly. It's super gentle and I especially love using it since I started using Retin-A. Before using Retin-A, I needed to alternate with an exfoliating cleanser but now I don't. However, I'm getting a Clarisonic for Christmas and I can't wait to use this cleanser with it! It gets all of my make-up off easily but I don't use waterproof mascara and hardly ever wear eyeliner so I can't really comment on that. I also really like that this product is made in the USA. I only gave it 4 stars because of the price, and that I had to alternate with exfoliating before Retin-A (which is a chemical exfoliator).

This cleanser is actually pretty good it's so gentle but still can break down makeup really well. I wouldn't say it does for eye makeup that's a little tough to remove with this cleanser. I like that's it's not drying and leaves a real refreshing feel I'm also liking the smell of this. Now what I don't like is the jelly consistancy and it doesn't lather but it's okay! Great for sensitive skin

on 11/13/2013 5:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using it for a couple months and I'm very happy with it. It's very gentle and it doesn't make my skin feel tight-dry after using it, which was a common thing with other cleansers. I never wear full makeup (foundation, mascara...) so I can't comment on that, but it removes BB cream and eye liner very well. It smells nice also.
Only CON, I'll love to have it in a pump bottle.

on 11/12/2013 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

After my Clinique Liquid face wash was drying my sensitive skin out, I purchased this to try it out. I am thoroughly impressed. It is gentle, yet takes off my makeup, including my mascara, which is really impressive. It foams slightly and has a light smell. My skin is very dry and slightly sensitive, and I can't believe this cleanser is gentle enough for my skin, yet easily takes off all my makeup at night. It is an overall excellent cleanser and I have deemed it my HG.

on 10/1/2013 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow what a ripe off, ladies! I feel a fool for throwing money down the drain because of product hype and Sephora's 'impulse buy' buckets at the registers. Thankfully, I bought just the 1.7 oz travel size (still a whopping $15) instead of the full-size, which is $38!!

This cleanser, which has a very light gel consistency, did not remove ANY of my makeup at all. I wear just a tinted moisturizer, bronzer and mascara -- nothing Lady Gaga-ish. Don't get me wrong, the light cucumber-and-rose scent is lovely. But the entire point of face cleanser is to remove makeup, oil, and grime. And a cleanser that costs $38 should certainly do that and more! Big waste of money.

on 9/8/2013 9:48:00 AM

Love the faint rose scent and how gentle and soft this makes my skin feel. I'm more used to foaming cleansers, but I liked this cleanser, and would use it in the mornings, or when I'm not wearing any makeup and just need a light cleanser.

on 9/6/2013 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this as a 100 point perk from Sephora in January and I use it with my Clarisonic every night before bed, and it makes my skin feels amazing, and when I wear makeup during the day, I wash my face with this cleanser and it washes my makeup all off, even my mascara without burning my eyes and I love it, definitely buying this again.

on 9/5/2013 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Been using this about 9 months. Breakouts almost nil. This is the clearest my skin has been in years. I'm convinced this made the difference. Granted, I've continued other habits such as water intake and 2x daily cleansing no matter how exhausted I am, but I've been doing that for years. Very gentle. A pea size is sufficient, so it lasts. Expensive, but worth it. Clear skin is priceless. Highly recommend.