Fresh Soy Face Cleanser

3.7

Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Flower Water, Coco Glucoside, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Xanthan Gum, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Germ Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Rose Flower Oil, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Aloe Ferox Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Peg-40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Methylparaben, Sodium Propylparaben, Polysorbate 20, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Peg-35 Castor Oil, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, BHA, BHT.

on 9/8/2013 9:48:00 AM

Love the faint rose scent and how gentle and soft this makes my skin feel. I'm more used to foaming cleansers, but I liked this cleanser, and would use it in the mornings, or when I'm not wearing any makeup and just need a light cleanser.

on 9/6/2013 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this as a 100 point perk from Sephora in January and I use it with my Clarisonic every night before bed, and it makes my skin feels amazing, and when I wear makeup during the day, I wash my face with this cleanser and it washes my makeup all off, even my mascara without burning my eyes and I love it, definitely buying this again.

on 9/5/2013 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Been using this about 9 months. Breakouts almost nil. This is the clearest my skin has been in years. I'm convinced this made the difference. Granted, I've continued other habits such as water intake and 2x daily cleansing no matter how exhausted I am, but I've been doing that for years. Very gentle. A pea size is sufficient, so it lasts. Expensive, but worth it. Clear skin is priceless. Highly recommend.

on 8/17/2013 3:57:00 PM

I've re-purchased this product twice. Used it in both soft water conditions and hard water conditions. As one of the reviewers mentioned, this cleanser is really good for fragile oily, acneic skins because most face washes dry out the surface of your skin too much and serves only to make it even oilier.

I started using this in earnest when I was on acne medication. I didn't like Cetaphil and needed something slightly, just slightly, stronger to get rid of the excess surface oil. This did the job. Halfway through my acne meds, I had to move from the tropics to London where the water is very hard. This performed really well in hard water conditions. It felt clean without leaving my skin dry. I am at the end of my second large tube.

This product carries many claims such as makeup cleansing and mascara removing abilities. I want to fault Fresh for such audacious claims, but I also understand that they are an American brand. And the market demands amongst mainstream North American consumers is a single step (foamy) rinse-off cleanser that will remove everything including waterproof makeup. Alas, there really isn't such a product that will do it for full face makeup. You do need an oil based (cleansing milk, oil, cream) product to break down makeup. Asian brands take double cleansing as a standard process, and increasingly, British brands, even drugstore ones are doing this combination beautifully (sometimes even better than Asian brands).

Taking all that into account, I will let the audacious claims of makeup removal slide because this is a very good gentle 'foaming' face wash that is quite universal. My gripe is of course the price, and despite the large tube lasting me wayyy past the 6 months expiry date, it is still quite a bit of money to pay. Most face wash will last similarly long so it is quite an expensive purchase. I'm running out of my second tube and wondering if I should repurchase a third tube.

Don't buy this if you want a one-step remove all, nothing does that, except maybe for Cosmedicine's dual phased cleanser, which may leave a residue. Don't buy this if you think it will 'tone', there is also no such thing. It's like expecting 2 in 1 shampoos or 2 in 1 laundry detergent (they exist) to do the job well. Toning (based on European skincare school of thought) is a step to rebalance skin pH, remove hard water residue, moisten and prepare skin for the next step. So, no you cannot have a 2 in 1 product for this.

Buy this if you want a gentle face but effective wash that leaves no residue, won't dry out active sebaceous skin, won't strip combi/dry skins and something that will behave well in different water hardness when you travel. Finally, get this if you want a gentle cleanser that works well with a Clarisonic or as the second step in a double cleansing routine.

on 8/9/2013 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I decided to try this product after reading quite a few positive reviews on it and reading some other places that it was rated in the top 10 facial cleansers. Well, I am disappointed in this cleanser. It never removed all of my makeup or made my face feel really clean. I always removed my makeup before cleansing with it. Also, after a few days of using it my face was becoming irritated and breaking out from it. I stopped using it (which stopped the irritation again) and gave it to my mom to see if it will work for her at all as she has a completely different skin type. I wish I had saved my money on something else!

on 7/31/2013 8:22:00 PM

3.5 lippies.
I received this in a sample size and since I was on the market for a new cleanser at the time and it seemed like a great cleanser, I bought the full sized version. Now after using almost the entire bottle, I have come to the conclusion that it's just an okay cleanser. Lets start with the positives first:
Pros:
-does remove most of my eye makeup (and I can wear pretty heavy eye make up at times) and my waterproof mascara
-has a nice cooling sensation and the gel-like translucent fluid is easy to apply with hands and massage into skin
Cons:
-I've noticed it doesnt remove all of my facial makeup (bb cream and the foundation I sometimes use) and I would have to go over it again with Bioderma. I think if I had a Clarisonic or something to rub my facial skin with the cleanser, more makeup would be removed.
-This is a little bit drying, so moisturizing is a must afterwards.
-This product claims to "elasticize the skin" and "balance and tone skin", but I haven't see much of that or a difference in my facial skin. It does feel a little tight afterwards, but I think it's more cause it's kind of drying.

Like other reviews have mentioned this cleanser does not lather up much, but I have found that a small pea-sized amount is enough to cover the face. The cucumber smell is also not too bad, though I can do without it. Overall, with the high price and the average results, I will not be repurchasing as I'm sure there are better cleansers out there.

on 7/16/2013 6:41:00 PM

I'm surprised to find bad reviews for this product. Okay, so the smell might not be so great, but it smells mostly like cucumber. I think most people should be able to handle it no problem. It never bothers me or my husband.

This is the best facial cleanser I have used and the one I always come back to. I tried to find alternatives (hopefully cheaper) for it but there doesnt seem to be any!!

It's super gentle and you don't need much to use. I use it by itself or with my clarisonic and the product doesn't particularly lather well but that's okay with me.

on 7/15/2013 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I first received a sample from Sephora and liked the scent. It's a very basic cleanser and at the time I kind of liked it. When the sample ran out, I decided to buy the small travel size one to test it out a bit more since my skin is very troublesome.

I have very dry sensitive (and a little acne prone) skin that's also oily on top. The description of this product claims to be soothing, gentle enough for every skin type, helps maintain moisture in your skin, and doesn't strip your skin of oils.
Whatever it is that's in this tube, it's not working me.
After prolonged use, not only it did nothing for me, but the cleanser proved to too drying for my skin. Feels very tight after wash, a little hot/red, and my skin would flake a little.
Too bad for me as I quite like the scent, but I bet I can find something better for this price.

on 7/14/2013 10:05:00 PM

I think this cleanser is way overpriced. It smells natural and nice, but for $38 for a cleanser I expect miracles. This is just a regular cleanser. There is no difference between this gentle cleanser and other drugstore brands.

on 7/4/2013 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A very good basic cleanser, and it gets points especially for being basic since a lot of cleansers are unnecessarily drying or complicated with ingredients. It doesn't burn while removing eye makeup. It removes makeup/sunscreen thoroughly. It has a calming cucumber scent. Gels in general have great texture.

Fresh is infamous for overpriced items, but I have really enjoyed most of what I've tried from the brand (rose mask, lemon balm, brown sugar scrub, soy cleanser). They make skincare pleasurable with great scents and textures, very spa-like. If you are results oriented, this is not the brand to try. It's about the experience for the Fresh clientele.

If you want a more affordable gel cleanser with perfect ingredients, try REN's Mayblossom cleanser. I keep both, but I only use Fresh's when I wear more makeup than normal. Even though Fresh's is excellent at cleaning, it surprisingly doesn't dry out my skin at all. Overall, I'd still pick REN's before this because of the price point ($30 vs $38 for 5 fl oz) and the purity of ingredients.

Cons: price, ingredients are middle (not harsh, but not great)
Pros: gentle, thorough, doesn't burn in eyes, soothing, simple