August 22, 2014 | 1114 users online

Loose Powders - Everyday Minerals - Finishing Dust

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2008 11:21:00 PM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

Okay, to be honest...BE Mineral Veil is a much better product. This works in a pinch but it doesn't control oilies very well. In addition, its a pain to travel with because of the packaging (the top of the container isn't very secure). I notice my T-zone gets so much shinier with EM than with BE but if I dust my nose with this 2-3x to get rid of the shine, then it gets cakey and settles into the pores on my nose...NOT the look I'm going for. This works fine for a back up...use once in a blue moon--when nothing else is handy, or I've run out of mineral veil but that's about it and NO I won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2008 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Nekura

Finishing Dust is actually quite finely milled compared to other finishing powders by EM. It gives me an airbrushed look but keep in mind I'm only in my early 20's so I don't need too much of that effect but because of my age, this does indeed provide a flawless finish effect..

Unfortunately this lasts for not even an hour on non-freezing days because this powder doesn't control oiliness very well for me. I generally have combination skin nothing super oily and during warmer weather this kind of cakes up very soon (under 2 hours) so it makes any foundation I have under it look pretty bad. I think I've had better luck with oily skin without this finishing powder. However the initial effect is very nice, it doesn't smell, and nor does it react badly on my skin so I'm sure this will work better for someone else out there. I occasionally pick this up but I don't believe I'll buy this again when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2008 3:26:00 AM More reviews by angelyshis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just got this after reading all the great reviews here. Thank you ladies, again you have led me in the right direction. Used underneath and over my EM foundation my makeup stayed put all day and I only had to blot a couple times all day. Which is really saying something as I usually blot every hour. LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2008 8:40:00 PM More reviews by EDMdawn

I love EM foundation, but this product doesn't cut it. I have really oily skin and this kept it at bay for maybe an hour or two. I didn't realize until I did a little research that cornstarch may clog pores...which I think was happening with this. I had little acne bumps all over my forehead and around my nose. I stopped using this because of the cornstarch ingredient. They make all their foundations with 4 natural ingredients that shouldn't clog pores.. I wonder why they used cornstarch for this product. I now order my oil-controlling powder from L.A. Minerals because they use different ingredients and it's more friendly to my skin! LA Minerals is a good company too... but I still love the color selection from Everyday Minerals, so i'm sticking with EM!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2008 10:21:00 AM More reviews by sskatygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this powder!

I've always been the type of person to use a loose powder to "set" my makeup when I'm done (no letting all that hard work go to pot!), and this is my HG of finishing powders.

It is SO finely milled, it seems to just float on over my makeup. It appears lightly tinted, but it doesn't show on my face, and it really completes the "airbrushed" look. Unlike the silkdust from Everyday Minerals, this doesn't have any of the weird black bits in it.

It keeps everything soft and put together, and my skin feels wonderful!

My only misgiving is the packaging. Like all EM products, I just don't find the containers all that user friendly - unless you put the lids on VERY carefully, they can get stuck. And if you don't want powder everywhere the next day, you must be sure they lay very flat.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2008 11:35:00 PM More reviews by barbiedollcurves

Haven't really used it fully, but I just got it in the mail with my fairly light! all large sizes. it is very see-thru. it looks like the mineral veil just a lighter color. and no shimmer particles. The grains are literally not there. Idk what people are talking about. But anyway, I applied some after school but my makeup was cakey before the application so I can't really tell if it works but it did keep my skin very soft and oil free. we'll see the test when I go to school tomorrow and how long I will be shine-free.

ediiit;
meh doesn't do much for me. leaves my pores looking the same. it does cake and it doesn't give me that much shine control. I have to put another powder over my face so my pores disappear.

edittt;
gave me cyst acne and little mini pimples.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2008 12:38:00 PM More reviews by golden_chain2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am extremely impressed with this powder. The Everyday Minerals foundations are good but when you combine them with Finishing Dust they are FANTASTIC. In fact, I was also extremely impressed when I used Finishing Dust to set my other liquid foundation. I had no idea that a finishing powder could make such a difference. I highly recommend this!!!! It made my pores disappear.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2008 8:59:00 PM More reviews by dee000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was surprised after reading the last couple reviews that said the Finishing Dust grains were too big. To me it is an extremely fine powder that is almost hard to work with! It took me a couple days to get used to applying it, but I think I've got it down and I absolutely love it! With the Finishing Dust and the EDM matte foundation, my oil is controlled well and it lasts longer. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for extra oil control.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2008 10:55:00 AM More reviews by jlieu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

the grains are too HUGE, it would scratch your skin. i gave it a 3 because it has good stuff in it. would buy it IF the grains are micro-fine but not as they are right now.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2008 11:21:00 PM More reviews by moon8305

I like this so far. I feel like it really sets my makeup without making it look dull--it still allows the Original Glo formula to work its magic.