BeneFit Cosmetics Bluff Dust

3.8

Talc, mica, yellow 5 lake, dimethicone, magnesium myristate, nylon-12, polyethylene, silica, titanium dioxide, phenyl trimethicone, polymethyl methacrylate, corn starch, methylparaben, sodium dehydroacetate, squalane, propylparaben, butylparaben, iron oxides, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, iron oxides.

on 10/7/2006 10:58:00 AM

I love this powder! It's scary looking in the jar, but it looks very natural on my face and I haven't had that yellow-cast other reviewers have mentioned. I like to wear this alone on my no-makeup makeup days. It does a great job at evening out my skin tone and giving me that "candelight glow" look. It also does a decent job at controlling the shine on my t-zone. I found this to be pretty expensive since, realistically, you really need to fork over more money for the little kabuki brush that goes with this, unless you already have a brush. :) The little puff that's included in the jar is pretty much useless. I'd definitely buy this again!

on 9/22/2006 5:25:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

The Benefit guy talked me into getting this with the brush, and I regretted it when I tried to use it next. It just looked so .... obviously yellow. But after reading these reviews, I think I may have been doing it wrong. I may give it another chance and see if it works better if applied much more lightly with another sort of brush (the brush that goes with it is a kind of dense Kabuki brush, and is very nice on its own).

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I must agree with the previous review...no dramatic product here...too sheer for my needs...

on 9/12/2006 11:35:00 PM

Though this felt silky, I'm now sure it really did anything to conceal my redness. I guess it was too sheer...

on 8/21/2006 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

The very bright yellow colour of this talc based powder did nothing for my light complexion and I hated the design of the packaging. On the plus side the powder is light and fluffy and excellent in quality.

on 8/10/2006 12:44:00 PM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

From the perspective of a makeup artist, this product kicks major butt! For myself, I love that I can dust this over my pale skin on my "no-makeup" days. I use a kabuki or powder brush to apply gently over areas that get red, including my eyelids and around my nose.

It's lovely to apply over concealer or light foundation on acne-prone skin and actually has a nice ingredient list including Nylon-12 and a variety of silicones which add to the smooth wearability. If someone is seeing this product as too chalky or yellow, they are definitely piling too much of it on.

I do have pale yellow-based skin, but tend to be neutral-yellow as opposed to yellow-yellow. I haven't used this on dark skin yet, but will update once I do!

on 8/6/2006 3:22:00 PM

Wow. HELLO YELLOW! I swapped for this based on the great reviews here, but no matter how little I use, I look yellow. And my skin is definitely more yellow-toned. *sigh* Oh well, back to T LeClerc Banane, which is also yellow and costs a small fortune but doesn't look yellow on my skin.

on 6/28/2006 8:52:00 AM

I'd never tried yellow powders but heard they were good for redness rather than green so I thought I'd try this one from Benefit. it looks quite bright in the pot but doesn't look as yellow on. I found it did dull my red cheeks a little but not as much as I'd hoped. I use it as a finishing powder as it is very fine,doesn't leave a chalky finish and is far better than any other i've used plus you don't have to match it to your skin. the colour suits my complexion which is pale with yellow undertones. I would probably try a different make as there are lots about now but harder to get in the UK than this one. would probably purchase again if I couldn't find a good alternative. the pot isn't great, and its better to use a soft brush instead of the puff that comes with it. UPdate: I like this better used with the flocked sponge I got from everyday minerals. thanks to them for shipping to UK & not charging a fortune!

on 6/20/2006 2:44:00 PM

I WILL NOT LIVE WITHOUT THIS PRODUCT. Sounds dramatic, I know. But I never liked loose-powders before. I have combo/oily skin, very light-complexion. I wear foundation everyday (Laura Mercier's Oil-free) and was satisfied with the "dewy" finish my oily skin gave me. Until I happened to test this at my local Sephora. When I was driving home I glanced at the rear view mirror and caught a glimse of my face. I was shocked and ecstatic. Compulsive-me had to go back and buy it that day after I picked up my kids from day-care. It is awesome!! My skin always tended to redden because I'm so white, and my dad's a redhead. I used foundation to mask it, but this powder over my usual foundation gives me the complexion I only dreamed I would have. I know it's not just me. The other day some sales-girls at a Dior counter were raving about my skin and wrote down the name of this loose-powder. If cosmetics salespeople are impressed, it's good.

on 5/22/2006 5:34:00 PM

Not the worst face powder (I did use the entire package up) but nothing special either and IT DID NOT TAKE ANY REDNESS AWAY! It also didn't keep the oil slick away any better than cheaper powders I have used. The powder appears very yellow but really isn't once applied. The pouf is totally useless - any idiot knows you need a good brush to apply face powder! Benefit is better at creating cute names and packaging than superior products. Don't waste your time!

Recommended for Normal Skin