September 17, 2014 | 1172 users online

Polishes - OPI - Lincoln Park After Dark

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2011 3:11:00 AM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

my absolute favorite polish. this is a staple for me year round. i stray onto beige/greige/nudes(essie jazz, sand tropez) and other shades of dark purple (opi william tell me about opi, opi we'll always have paris) but i always come back to this. dark polishes are tricky and very easy to mess up, but this is a great formula, very opaque and streak free. i've been weaing this color for about 5 year now and i can safely say that i will be wearing this for many years to come. highly recommended for someone looking for a little edge in their look.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2011 9:59:00 AM More reviews by silvermouse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

A little too dark for me. If you apply lightly and look closely you can tell that it's acutally a dark purple/maroon, but if you want enough coverage for it to be opaque it's too much like black.

If it were a shade or two lighter it'd be a perfect alternative to black. OPI has a few similar shades but they're all a bit red. I like the maroon colour of this so if anyone can suggest an alternative, I'd love to know

BTW they brought out this colour in the 'Suede' line and I love that!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by JeniferMichelle

I really wanted to like LPAD, being a new resident of Chicago, but I just can't like this color. The first coat is the color I want this to be, a very dark, very sultry purple, but one coat isn't enough. The second coat makes it black black black. If you get it in just the right light, its still purple, but I don't want a nail polish that looks black to the rest of the world.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2011 5:52:00 PM More reviews by BrunetteG

Love this colour ... Had to try it when I heard it was a fave of Kim K ... Very dark but a little more subtle than black ... I love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 10:44:00 PM More reviews by celialove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is my absolute favorite nail color ever. I wear it year-round - I'm tacky and I like dark nails in the summer even. I've worn it constantly for three years now, and I recommend it to friends all the time. I've never found it to be too black, and I have very pale skin - it never looks too goth or vampy on me, and if I want it lighter I only apply one coat. Love it, love it, love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by veganmiss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm fair skinned and LAPD is vampy but at the same time elegant. Easy application and wears well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by LookingGood85

Bought this today on a whim as i wanted a dark polish. I love the colour, almost black with a purplyish undertone! Two coats gives perfect cover. The reason I have taken a lippie off is that it chipped after an hour!!!!! That might be more to do with my banging my nail on a metal fire guard tho! Also I didnt use a topcoat so that may have made it an issue too.
Overall, a lovely colour, especially for autumn! Keep your nails short if you dont want to look trashy :)

edit: I have reinstated the 5th lippie. ALL nail polish needs a decent top coat and this is no exception, especially if your a busy mum of two ;) I used Nails Inc Albert Bridge topcoat last night and it looks great. Im investing in Seche vite today as Ive heard no top coat comes close!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2011 2:22:00 PM More reviews by PrettyDeath

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Great color! I don't have this anymore, but it was my go to color for a long time. It's very vampy and sexy. Looks great on fair or dark skin. Lasts long and dries fast. Applies smooth and evenly. Very creamy and matte. Deep purple-red.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 8:42:00 AM More reviews by LittleRussianDoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After blushers, nail polish is my favourite type of make up. OPI is my favourite brand and Lincoln Park After Dark is my absolute favourite colour! I have fair skin and its not too harsh like black is on me. Its dark enough for a vampy look, but the plum colour looks very elegant.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2011 12:22:00 AM More reviews by sm91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is an amazing colour. Its a sexy alternative to black, and is a must have for every nail polish freak like myself.