OPI Lincoln Park After Dark

4.5

on 2/1/2012 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is my absolute favourite nail polish of all time! It goes on so nicely and easily, the colour is a deep purple, and goes with everything. It also has a bit of sparkle in it, so it looks pretty in the light. I love everything by OPI, but this is by far my favourite!

on 1/31/2012 9:51:00 AM

One of my favourite nail colours of all time! Very versatile colour, can go with many different looks.

on 1/30/2012 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Another beauty - this is my favourite 'black'. I call it black because at first glance it is, but as you look you can clearly tell it's purple. Either way it's gorgeous and looks great when I want to wear something a bit different.

on 1/27/2012 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this stuff! I know it's almost basically black but I see the purple! I like to wear this when I'm feeling vampy.

on 1/11/2012 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Quality wise this polish is worth it, it's non streaky, shiny, dries fast and is opaque in one or two layers. Colour wise I don't think it's worth it because it is to close to black for me, I could just use some black nail polish and it would almost look the same. If you like dark colors go for it because the quality is great but if you are looking for something different I would skip this.

on 1/5/2012 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This is gorgeous for the winter season. It's a very blackened plum.. So deep and rich, like a plum that might have grown in the garden of eden. It looks SUPER shiny even before you put on a top coat, which I love. It's quite chic and I imagine it's universally flattering. I simply can't bring myself to give it a 5 because it's almost too black. I was secretly hoping it would be more plummy. Outside under the rays of the sun, the plum tones come out more and become apparent. Indoors under false lighting, it looks black. I still like it a great deal. The quality is excellent, as is to be expected with OPI. It wears really well, and I'd recommend having it in your collection. Everyone needs a good dark polish. One last thing...this reminds me so much of "Stroke of Midnight" nail polish by L'oreal Paris. Very, very similar and that one is half the price (just in case you'd prefer a good dupe for this).

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite dark nail polish to use. Unlike black nail polish, this is a sultry black-purple that does not look too stark against my skin tone like a regular black. This probably would work on anyone. The formula requires two coats, the brush works well, and lasting power is pretty good like the rest of OPI.

on 12/27/2011 3:11:00 AM

my absolute favorite polish. this is a staple for me year round. i stray onto beige/greige/nudes(essie jazz, sand tropez) and other shades of dark purple (opi william tell me about opi, opi we'll always have paris) but i always come back to this. dark polishes are tricky and very easy to mess up, but this is a great formula, very opaque and streak free. i've been weaing this color for about 5 year now and i can safely say that i will be wearing this for many years to come. highly recommended for someone looking for a little edge in their look.

on 12/17/2011 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

A little too dark for me. If you apply lightly and look closely you can tell that it's acutally a dark purple/maroon, but if you want enough coverage for it to be opaque it's too much like black.

If it were a shade or two lighter it'd be a perfect alternative to black. OPI has a few similar shades but they're all a bit red. I like the maroon colour of this so if anyone can suggest an alternative, I'd love to know

BTW they brought out this colour in the 'Suede' line and I love that!

I really wanted to like LPAD, being a new resident of Chicago, but I just can't like this color. The first coat is the color I want this to be, a very dark, very sultry purple, but one coat isn't enough. The second coat makes it black black black. If you get it in just the right light, its still purple, but I don't want a nail polish that looks black to the rest of the world.

Popular Polishes