October 2, 2014 | 1499 users online

Moisturizers - Estee Lauder - DayWear Advanced Multi-Protection Anti-Oxidant Creme Broad Spectrum SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 12:11:00 AM More reviews by halimeade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm acne prone, dehydrated, combo skin, and this has become my unexpected HG. I think my problem before this product was that I was not using a hydrating enough moisturizer, as I am combination skin with some major oily spots, and afraid I'd look like a shiny mess, or get greasy from a moisturizer with SPF in it.

I use the normal/combination skin version, which leaves my skin soft, supple, hydrated, and glowing. It has a subtle cucumber smell, but it does not linger on the skin long. I only need about a nickel worth of product for my face and neck. Just finished a 0.5 oz sample jar which lasted about 1 1/2 months for me. The SPF 15 is more than enough for daily use for me, and does not make me greasy, a first for me.

Yes, this comes in a pot, but I really like pots, as I have full control over how much product I scoop out and I can get every last scrap out without the hassle of cutting a tube open. As long as you wash your fingers before you apply the contamination argument is moot.

My one negative is that this stuff IS crazy expensive. I also use EL's Advanced Night Repair serum at night. The combination of the two is magical. I've had people tell me I look perky and refreshed, even without makeup on. And that is worth the price.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2011 11:37:00 PM More reviews by lclc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I keep this in my rotation and use it 2-3 times a week. No breakouts- just glowy, hydrated skin. I previously used the oily-skin lotion version of this (came in a bottle with a pump) in my twenties and had to stop because it caused breakouts. Now in my late thirties, the cream version works very well for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2011 9:39:00 AM More reviews by Cammmi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first discovered this on youtube by Pixiwoo. It is unbelievable the changes. In one weak of usage, my skin was very clear, very perfect. I was even doing some research on Internet to see if there was some chemicals in it. I haven't found anything.
I do have good skin but since few months I was broking out with my usual Khiel's ultra moisturizer. (I've been using this for years).
I bought the version for mixed complexions because summer is coming but I the rich version had a really nice texture. Will definetly buy it for next winter. Highly recommend it. If you want results fast, this is pretty effective!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2011 4:41:00 PM More reviews by makemeoverAZ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was the first product I have ever bought in terms of a facial moisturizer. Considering that I have no products to put this product against, I am only giving it 4 stars. I love how it has a delicate cucumber scent, and is very soft. When used in conjunction with other facial regimen products (I use a full Estee Lauder line), I think this product is a great moisturizer and leaves my skin super soft and silky smooth. I don't know if the SPF 15 is going to be enough since I live in AZ where it is sunny almost constantly, but it will definitely help. This does moisturize, smooth, soften, and help to protect from the sun.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

This is a really nice moisturizer. Even though its for normal/combination, I can still use it even though I'm oily. It is very refreshing and feels nice on the skin, and has the anti-oxidant SPF protection. The price point is nice too, only $49 in Canada.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by chloeincolour

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really liked how light this cream was, however it moisturized beautifully! I think this is perfect for year round cream! :) No post-lotion-greasiness present, however THIS IS NOT ENOUGH SPF FOR ANYONE!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by laurall

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This cream is just lovely. I use it in the morning under my makeup, and then at night with the EL repair serum. I love its consistency and I love the cucumber smell. It behaves very well underneath my makeup and give my skin a dewy glow, leaving it soft for the whole day. Need I say more?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2011 2:32:00 PM More reviews by merde111

I wish the SPF were just a little higher, like SPF30, but other than that I love this cream. I buy the "for dry skin" version, which works better for my 35+ skin; if I were younger, I'd get the regular version. This is a nice cream and packed full of antioxidants. I might buy the lotion next time, since it has a pump bottle and you don't have to dig your finger into a cream jar (not so sanitary!), but overall this is a wonderful product, reasonably priced (especially when compared with similar products that are sold for twice as much or more!) and I have repurchased several times.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by busybeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had been using Yes to Carrots and my normal/dry skin was LOVING when I switched to Day Wear!! I had hesitated because of the price, but I can see AND feel the difference from my approx $20 moisturizer! When I applied it for the first night after washing my face, my skin felt so comforted and looked plumped up the next morning. My skin no longer looks dehydrated and dull. Not to mention, the smell is beautiful. And this under my EL DW is a DREAM!!
UPDATE 4/18/11: The effects of this faded due to the jar packaging. Also, I read the ingredients list after not being able to get rid of a horrid dry patch on my chin. It has petrolatum in it! If I'm going to pay over $40 for 1.7 oz, I would expect better ingredients with moisturizing properties considering I got the "dry" formula. Maybe the combo one in a pump has better ingredients, but I doubt it would be moisturizing enough. -1 point for packaging and -1 point for crappy ingredient.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2010 12:34:00 PM More reviews by mrvtime

I had been using this product for what seems like forever. Then I turned 43 and I suddenly started breaking out from it!! I don't know if they changed the formula or what happened, but I have tried repeatedly to use this again (since I had several jars of it) and each time my cheeks break out and black heads appear the next day. I have not changed my cleanser nor anything else in my routine, but suddenly I can no longer wear my long-time favorite moisturizer! I even tried not taking my daily vitamins thinking maybe that was the problem, but that didn't help, either. Does anyone know if they changed this product??? I'm now in search of a new favorite and right now I'm using Lancome Renergie, but it's a bit pricey.